CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   authorship of Torn? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5560)

luvin monti 01-31-2004 11:55 AM

To me...Torn was always one of my favorites. If I am remembering correctly, it was indeed the first Creed song I heard on the radio. Considering I had no idea who they were until I went to the Peoria show back in '97. But even soon after, I didn't recognize them...but them something clicked!! Hell if I'd trade that moment for the world! LOL

Right...sooooo off subject!!!

Thanks Michael for the info! :D

hayley 01-31-2004 08:58 PM

Torn has always been one of my favourites, also. Apart from What's This Life For, it's probably my favourite off MOP

stappfan12 02-03-2004 09:50 AM

w/e

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie
Am I the only one who finds it interesting that almost everyone's favorite Creed CD...MOP...lyrics were almost entirely written by Scott?
Tells me maybe someone needs to stick to playing the guitar.

Sits back and waits for all mark fans to change their mind about what their favorite Creed album is. :cool:

I think maybe you need to be a little more broad in your musical taste and quit being so concieted

Jez 02-03-2004 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stappfan12
I think maybe you need to be a little more broad in your musical taste and quit being so concieted

Conceited?
YOu don't know Frankie at all. ;)

janem 02-03-2004 12:01 PM

Quote:

I agree... :smokin:

creedlvr 02-03-2004 02:27 PM

Quote:

Great way to start off for your first post!

Do you even know what that word means? I don't see where what she said indicates she's conceited. And BTW ... it's "i" before "e" except after "c"...

Conceited = correct spelling

hayley 02-03-2004 10:55 PM

Oh come on don't start that shit, fighting, geez

adparaiki 11-14-2005 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel
Mark wrote all of Torn, music, lyrics and melodys.

Michael

I remember in an interview that Mark and Scott Said that Mark wrote the music (guitar) and one of the versus but Scott wrote the rest and all the vocal melody.

Please could you explain this more please If you have the time.

Thanks for your time

adparaiki 11-18-2005 09:00 AM

I am going to only listen to what Both Mark and Scott said together when they were in Creed because that is the most valuable and correct source.

The Lithium 11-24-2005 11:58 AM

Wake up and smell the coffee!

adparaiki 12-15-2005 02:30 PM

Re: authorship of Torn?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel
So... following your logic I'm guessing you believe that Stapp should stick to only writing poetry? Isn't that what lyrics without music or melody are?

Michael

scott wrote the melodies aswell ok

adparaiki 12-15-2005 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hide
Michael is it possible that you could tell us the respective involvements of Scott and Mark in the so called "epic Creed songs" ie: With Arms Wide Open amongst others? There seems to be a popular theroy espesically amongst those that more into Creed's harder materail that Scott is responsible for the "epic" feel of some songs.

scott wrote the lyrics and melody to with arms wide open and Higher

The Lithium 12-15-2005 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adparaiki
scott wrote the melodies aswell ok

No, Michael just said he DIDN'T! Pay attention!

IamFilthy 12-15-2005 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
No, Michael just said he DIDN'T! Pay attention!

Oh wow,...let's believe Michael! How do you know he's telling the truth?......He is a Tremonti afterall and I'm sure he would do anything to glorify Mark...........so,....wake up and smell the coffee.

evyllsummer 12-15-2005 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamFilthy
Oh wow,...let's believe Michael! How do you know he's telling the truth?......He is a Tremonti afterall and I'm sure he would do anything to glorify Mark...........so,....wake up and smell the coffee.

*yawn*