CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   recent purchases? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7891)

RMadd 04-25-2005 04:36 PM

well, i've listened to a few songs, and it's certainly different from anything he's done w/ matchbox twenty

just received my Live at the Greek ~ Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes today.... gotta listen to it after class tonight!

SmilinSkullRing 04-25-2005 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
well, i've listened to a few songs, and it's certainly different from anything he's done w/ matchbox twenty...

Is it good though? I mean I like a lot of (though definitely not all) MB20 songs and I like Rob Thomas on "Smooth" with Santana, so do you think I would like this cd?

SmilinSkullRing 04-26-2005 04:19 PM

I just bought:

Devils & Dust - Bruce Springsteen :cool:
Employment - Kaiser Chiefs

Dogstar 04-27-2005 08:51 PM

I just received (won from eBay) NIN's And All That Could Have Been limited edition double CD in the mail today. It has the Still CD on it and the most amazing version of Something I Can Never Have. I think it like it better than the version that made the record. It's more raw sounding and emotional, if that's possible. That song is pretty stark...Man, it's awesome...and it has Leaving Hope, a really nice instrumental.

aussiecreeder 04-27-2005 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I just received (won from eBay) NIN's And All That Could Have Been limited edition double CD in the mail today. It has the Still CD on it and the most amazing version of Something I Can Never Have. I think it like it better than the version that made the record. It's more raw sounding and emotional, if that's possible. That song is pretty stark...Man, it's awesome...and it has Leaving Hope, a really nice instrumental.

That is really cool! :)

I just picked up Dream Theater's "Train of Thought" for $10.00 which in Australian prices is a bargain.

Dogstar 04-27-2005 11:22 PM

Awesome, hide. One of my friends is a big DT fan! Nice find.

aussiecreeder 04-27-2005 11:33 PM

I'm slightly familar with the band so I thought I'ld buy one of their albums and give them a go. Musicianship is amazing.........

Dogstar 04-27-2005 11:39 PM

Yeah, I've heard only a couple of albums, but I didn't get into them enough to buy any of their stuff.

aussiecreeder 04-28-2005 03:50 AM

Quote:

Yeah, I've heard only a couple of albums, but I didn't get into them enough to buy any of their stuff.

They are a bit like Tool I suppose although lyrically not as good, more time changes and the musicianship would be better. Going to take a while to grow on me but not too bad at all. Prog can annoy me sometimes though cause there is one song on this album where it seems the metal is really going to kick in but then they revert to prog wankery. But bands like DT, Tool and the Mars Volta all fall in that trap to varying degrees.

Dogstar 04-28-2005 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
They are a bit like Tool I suppose although lyrically not as good, more time changes and the musicianship would be better. Going to take a while to grow on me but not too bad at all. Prog can annoy me sometimes though cause there is one song on this album where it seems the metal is really going to kick in but then they revert to prog wankery. But bands like DT, Tool and the Mars Volta all fall in that trap to varying degrees.

LOL @ *wankery*....I know what you mean. I guess Tool's music and TMV hit me more or grabbed me somehow. I just didn't feel any connection with DT. Maybe I should give it another shot :D.

aussiecreeder 04-28-2005 07:43 PM

Quote:

LOL @ *wankery*....I know what you mean. I guess Tool's music and TMV hit me more or grabbed me somehow. I just didn't feel any connection with DT. Maybe I should give it another shot :D.

so does that mean the members of a prog band are a bunch of wankers? :laugh:
i struggle with TMV a bit more than the other two.........

scrit 04-29-2005 09:27 PM

Just Bought :
Chris Cornell-Euphoria Morning

RMadd 04-30-2005 03:24 AM

yeah yeah, Mars Volta is good shit, but i'm not as into them as Dream Theater, or Tool for that matter

aussiecreeder 04-30-2005 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
yeah yeah, Mars Volta is good shit, but i'm not as into them as Dream Theater, or Tool for that matter

I've being intrigued by what I've heard of TMV but not enough to rush out and grab one of their albums, although I've being close on a couple of occassions. The singer for DT (James LaBraie?) has got a good voice although Petrucci and Portnoy are obviously the stars of the show. Sometimes he sounds like James Hetfield and then in one song "Vacant" he sounds just like Jimmy Gnecco from Ours.

Dogstar 04-30-2005 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
so does that mean the members of a prog band are a bunch of wankers? :laugh:
i struggle with TMV a bit more than the other two.........

LOL!

I'm going to see TMV tomorrow night. Can't WAIT!

Scit, excellent choice on Euphoria Morning. I looooove that CD.