Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Great Divide- New York Post review [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Great Divide- New York Post review

Ana4Stapp
11-21-2005, 04:23 AM
The Great Divide
New York Post, November 20 2005
ONCE Scott Stapp split with Christian rockers Creed, the singer got depressed, divorced and "lost faith." A year later, he's pulled himself together for a solo debut. Fans may argue that Creed was more than Stapp, but you wouldn't know it from this album.

Stapp may have problems, but he's no fool about the music. He knows how well his Eddie Vedder howl and spiritually seeking lyrics work with dense guitar riffs and arena-thunder drums. On "Reach Out," snaking guitar riffs and a cascade of beats support his message: "I have nothing to hide. I'm sure you've heard the rumors, jealousies and all the lies."

Download this: "The Great Divide"

SCOTT STAPP

"The Great Divide"

3 1/2 STARS

cariocawlad
11-21-2005, 07:35 AM
3 1/2 of how many stars? I think the uy liked the album...

cariocawlad
11-21-2005, 07:36 AM
3 1/2 of how many stars? I think the guy liked the album...

The Lithium
11-21-2005, 09:41 AM
This article was just crap anyway...

TeriB19
11-21-2005, 12:59 PM
Quote: ONCE Scott Stapp split with Christian rockers Creed, the singer got depressed, divorced and "lost faith." A year later, he's pulled himself together for a solo debut. Fans may argue that Creed was more than Stapp, but you wouldn't know it from this album.

Stapp may have problems, but he's no fool about the music. He knows how well his Eddie Vedder howl and spiritually seeking lyrics work with dense guitar riffs and arena-thunder drums. Oh my God, it actually hurts my head to read this crap. While the CD may be great, the author of the review apparently has his head so far up his buttocks he can't see reality. AFTER Stapp broke with Christian Rockers Creed??? AFTER it, he got divorced???? AFTER it he got depressed??? EDDIE VEDDER comparison AGAIN?!?!?!? OUCH!!!! MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Lithium
11-21-2005, 01:35 PM
Told you it was crap! Crap, crap, crap!

Dogstar
11-21-2005, 01:36 PM
Cripes, let's not let facts get in the way of a good piece of crap :rolleyes: What a crock. This reviewer has zero credibility.

Mrprophetman
11-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Three and a half out of four stars. Four is the highest rating.

Rocketqueen
11-21-2005, 02:09 PM
This article was just crap anyway...
F**&Ck that article man i read it earlier and it sucked freaking morons can even do an article right well at least it was a short one, that was enough from him his empty sloppy review , there

RMadd
11-21-2005, 02:12 PM
hey, 3 1/2 isn't bad at all, considering i've seen reviews of Weathered at a whopping 2 stars (both presumably out of 5)

Chris98GT
11-23-2005, 11:28 AM
Oh my God, it actually hurts my head to read this crap. While the CD may be great, the author of the review apparently has his head so far up his buttocks he can't see reality. AFTER Stapp broke with Christian Rockers Creed??? AFTER it, he got divorced???? AFTER it he got depressed??? EDDIE VEDDER comparison AGAIN?!?!?!? OUCH!!!! MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree, what crap.

The line that really appalled me, besides the Christian rockers one, was this:

"Fans may argue that Creed was more than Stapp, but you wouldn't know it from this album."

That is pure comedy, folks.