PDA

View Full Version : An articel about Stapp and TGD

RoffeDH
11-12-2005, 04:14 AM
http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2005/oct05/20051027_scottstapp.html

No bashing ;)

The Lithium
11-12-2005, 04:20 AM
in AB's defense, I must say there's no bashing in their articels. (Possibly interviews). But no bashing when the album just was released.

It’s like “the most awesome parts of all of Creed's most awesome hits,” he told MTV News.
NO it's NOT!!! NOT like Creed!!

RoffeDH
11-12-2005, 04:36 AM
I agree... Just that it has the same kind of Creed thing... I mean soft verses and hard chourses... That's it...

But the rest was pleasent to read, no bashing :D

Ana4Stapp
11-12-2005, 12:12 PM
It’s like “the most awesome parts of all of Creed's most awesome hits,” he told MTV News.

Oh God...the things Stapp says... :rolleyes:

Dogstar
11-12-2005, 12:29 PM
The most awesome parts of all of Creeds hits? No, I don't think so.

titan9
11-12-2005, 12:36 PM

And that is why I have stopped defending what he says in interviews....

Rocketqueen
11-12-2005, 12:40 PM
I agree... Just that it has the same kind of Creed thing... I mean soft verses and hard chourses... That's it...

But the rest was pleasent to read, no bashing :D yea i see no need to bash ya know it was all like founded with the same formula Stapp Was The Voice Of Creed Hello :rolleyes: There Settled

INDIGOSTEVE
11-12-2005, 01:10 PM
I don't find mtv all that credible anymore, the reality channel :eek:

Robin101
11-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Do you agree with this comment by Stapp regarding his solo album:

"It's Led Zeppelin meets The Door's with something that makes your fifteens kick in the back".

I read in an article awhile back.

Steve
11-13-2005, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I dunno about that. He must have changed his mind during the song writing and recording process because it's nothing like Zep + Doors + making my fiftenns kick.

Dogstar
11-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Do you agree with this comment by Stapp regarding his solo album:

"It's Led Zeppelin meets The Door's with something that makes your fifteens kick in the back".

No, definitely not.

Agent D
11-13-2005, 09:55 PM
Yeah, I dunno about that. He must have changed his mind during the song writing and recording process because it's nothing like Zep + Doors + making my fiftenns kick.

Which is a darn shame because that's what I was looking forward to.

titan9
11-13-2005, 10:38 PM
I blame Screw-Up a.k.a. Wind-Up for that.

Bridge of Clay
11-13-2005, 10:59 PM
I think he tried that with Tea Party, although I'm not the best person to say that since I don't know any of their previous work...

But the plugged version of Relearn Love is a bit 70's.

Rocketqueen
11-13-2005, 11:08 PM
I don't find mtv all that credible anymore, the reality channel :eek:
i know man people got be really screwd in the head and whatch others peoples lifes for entertainment

eusebioCBR
11-13-2005, 11:20 PM
It's a GOOD album but, I don't know. Most of us are CREED fans waiting for anything from "life after" Creed.
There's a lot of competition out there now and fan loyalty can be tenuous. It's been about 8yrs since MOP, will enough people still care?
I hate when great bands(CREED) break up.

Bridge of Clay
11-14-2005, 12:10 AM
see my review on the "I heard the album!!!" thread.

facelessmike
11-14-2005, 09:36 PM
Quote: It’s like “the most awesome parts of all of Creed's most awesome hits,” he told MTV News.

Who's he tring to kid? It's very good in its own right, but IMO a little under the level of any Creed album. Some of the best parts of Creed were the melodic bridges and chorus's and good vocals and TGD just seems to me to be lacking that a little from Creed's music. On alot of TGD it sounds like Scott's more screaming instead of singing, and although the music is good and better than I imagined (goneblind did well) IMO its a little under Creed's standard. However, its a great album and I do love it, but the above statement by Stapp just made me laugh.

Robin101
11-15-2005, 09:33 AM
People would do well to remember that this is Scott's DEBUT SOLO album.

People defending AB always say (and I agree) 'you have to give them time, this is there first album'.

People seem to forget the same applies to Stapp. It's even harder for him because he's on his own - AB have 3 of the original 4 members of Creed.

It seems that there were higher expectations placed on Stapp - a little unfair.

Take Care

Steve
11-15-2005, 10:11 AM
I think there were higher expectations on Stapp because he has been preaching about his new album for over a year and it never came. He also has said in several interviews how his album would be a mix of Zeppelin, The Doors, and stuff that "makes your 15's thump." Now that his album is leaked and it really doesn't sound much of how he was describing it (at least to me), it's a bit of a dissappointment.

I guess (again - to me) when AB's album was released, I really had no idea what it was going to sound like, other than Mark saying he would have a 'larger' role in the songs so I really couldn't have any expectations other than what Michael Tremonti said regarding one or two songs on the forums.

titan9
11-15-2005, 11:42 AM
I agree, I am let down by the fact that this album wasn't what he said it would be. But I am not at all disappointed by the quality of the album. I thoroughly enjoy it, perhaps even more than I thought I would. I think it is a good debut album, and hopefully the next album is even better. I feel the same way about ODR.

Dogstar
11-15-2005, 12:25 PM
I think there were higher expectations on Stapp because he has been preaching about his new album for over a year and it never came. He also has said in several interviews how his album would be a mix of Zeppelin, The Doors, and stuff that "makes your 15's thump." Now that his album is leaked and it really doesn't sound much of how he was describing it (at least to me), it's a bit of a dissappointment.

I guess (again - to me) when AB's album was released, I really had no idea what it was going to sound like, other than Mark saying he would have a 'larger' role in the songs so I really couldn't have any expectations other than what Michael Tremonti said regarding one or two songs on the forums.
Agreed.

The Lithium
11-15-2005, 01:34 PM
Well, Michael actually told me that every song was single-material. (Which I agree with). So I had high expections! :D