Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Stapp On Leno Nov. 23 [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Stapp On Leno Nov. 23

InMyOwnMisery
11-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Stapp scheduled to kick-off his kick-a$$ album...........

titan9
11-10-2005, 04:04 PM
Nice! I'll have to stay up late that night to watch it.

Faceless_Man
11-10-2005, 07:14 PM
Yeah!

Will definitely be watching.

Gotta remember Nov. 22nd - Stapp @ Nascar Chase for the Cup race- 3 pm est time on NBC (national anthem performance I think)...and now the 23rd w/ Leno.

Creed7352
11-10-2005, 07:29 PM
you mean sunday, november 20th..the 22nd is a tuesday and that's when the album drops ;)

Faceless_Man
11-10-2005, 07:40 PM
you mean sunday, november 20th..the 22nd is a tuesday and that's when the album drops ;)

OOPS...yeah, sry, that's what I meant. Regardless, Christmas is coming early.

TheGreatDivide
11-10-2005, 11:04 PM
My b-day is the 24 so this is like one big gift from him.. sweet

ctfan
11-11-2005, 01:31 AM
Stapp scheduled to kick-off his kick-a$$ album...........

Thanks for the info. I'll tune in. :)

stappissohot
11-11-2005, 01:58 AM
My b-day is the 24 so this is like one big gift from him.. sweet
Hey cool, mine is the 17th, lol, so you'd be Scorpio am I correct? Or no....when is the dates? Nvr mind.... YAY finally he's on the late night talk shows, I always stay up and watch them regardless who's on YAY I have been hoping he'd go on a show because Creed did and so it would make sense he did too.... I can see more things to look forward too, I usually watch Letterman but Leno is good to, Leno+Scott Stapp= HEAVEN!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

TheGreatDivide
11-11-2005, 09:28 AM
Im a Sagatarius... this will be good, wonder what song he will sing. Remember when Alter Bridge was on it, that was great.

The Lithium
11-11-2005, 11:21 AM
Now, let's see if this guy really can sing! It sounded pretty bad when he made his acoustic radio tour. The album sounds pretty good, besides from Reach Out, which sounds terrible. Let us find out how he sounds live, 'cause towards the end of the Weathered tour, it wasn't a beautiful voice you heard when you saw Creed live.

Hope he nails it well, heavy and good! :D

titan9
11-11-2005, 11:24 AM
I have hopes for him sounding good. He sounded good at the Nascar Awards last year, so I know he still has it in him. I'm definitely looking forward to watching both his performance on Leno and at the Nascar race.

The Lithium
11-11-2005, 11:29 AM
I have hopes for him sounding good. He sounded good at the Nascar Awards last year, so I know he still has it in him. I'm definitely looking forward to watching both his performance on Leno and at the Nascar race.
Don't even mention that Nascar Award!!! It still pisses me off that he played Higher with that "pieced together pawn-shop band"!! It SUCKED big time! So fake!

titan9
11-11-2005, 11:31 AM
His band stunk, but he sounded good vocally. That's what I meant.

Rocketqueen
11-11-2005, 12:10 PM
I hate Leno But Yes i will whatch it and skip through the rest of the show

geletmote
11-11-2005, 12:13 PM
I hate Leno But Yes i will whatch it and skip through the rest of the show

same here i hate leno, conan rockss

in reality
11-11-2005, 12:59 PM
Looking forward to seeing Stapp and GB on this show. I watch leno's show pretty often.

The Lithium
11-11-2005, 01:44 PM
Yeah, it's a real good show! Jay is such a funny guy! :D

stappissohot
11-11-2005, 02:16 PM
lol, I preffer Letterman...but yeah, if Scott Stapp is on Leno than I will be watchin....that or Raven Symone (sorry, she's my hero, way better than all the other stupid gag actresses, but never mind) but yeah definetly is someone is good on Leno then I watch him, it's all a matter of who's on the show

Creed7352
11-11-2005, 06:40 PM
i prefer leno over letterman...lol

Faceless_Man
11-11-2005, 10:54 PM
Now, let's see if this guy really can sing! It sounded pretty bad when he made his acoustic radio tour. The album sounds pretty good, besides from Reach Out, which sounds terrible. Let us find out how he sounds live, 'cause towards the end of the Weathered tour, it wasn't a beautiful voice you heard when you saw Creed live.

Hope he nails it well, heavy and good! :D

I still don't understand this accusation. Did you even attend a live concert on the Weathered tour??? I did and noticed NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever in his live performance than what we've seen since '97/'98. His performance was top notch and his voice was strong. Even pulled out the guitar on "Stand Here With Me" and jammed.

As for "Reach Out" on the new cd....Do you really think that Stapp, or Wind-Up would have released a cd(studio, mind you) that contained your so-called false notes??? I mean, really. This guy knows what he's doing, as well as Wind-Up. Who are you? Maybe(obviously) the latter portion of his performance in Reach Out was meant to sound that way. C'mon...what's the name of the song in question? REACH OUT. He's expressing an immense emotion w/ his shouting and it fits the caliber of the song. Use your head, dude.

Dogstar
11-11-2005, 11:05 PM
I still don't understand this accusation. Did you even attend a live concert on the Weathered tour??? I did and noticed NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever in his live performance than what we've seen since '97/'98. His performance was top notch and his voice was strong. Even pulled out the guitar on "Stand Here With Me" and jammed.

Use your ears, dude. I saw Creed five times on the Weathered tour and at the PSU show in November '02, he was especially having a hard time hitting the notes. I believe he also gave up doing SHWM on the latter part of the tour because he couldn't hit the notes. I saw them do it in August of '02, but that was it. I don't know if it showed up on set lists after that, but if it did, it wasn't many. I remember quite a discussion about it at time time. Face it, he did some damage to his voice and I'm hoping it's healed now, but from what I've heard of the radio tour, sick or not, he's not sounding anywhere close to the Stapp of the Human Clay and previous tours.

Faceless_Man
11-11-2005, 11:19 PM
Yes, I know he did damage to his voice. However, these constant posts seem to sound like Stapp "lost" his talent during the Weathered tour. Like he just didn't have it anymore...and if that's what was implied, my statements still stand. I saw him live...it did not sound terrible, as I've read over and over on these forums regarding the Weathered tour. I think you all want him to sound bad, now that AB is around. I'm not gonna argue this point continuously, b/c I know what I saw and I know what I heard.

BTW, if his voice sounded so horrid, why attend 5 shows? Shouldnt you have thought it wasnt worth it after the first, if you felt that way? Ya know, I'd bet you that after each one of those shows you thought they were great and quite possibly didnt have anything negative to say. You get home, get on your forum, and have to "find" something to pick out. Of course, thats just a guess.

Steve
11-11-2005, 11:24 PM
(reply to Dogstar's post) Yeah. I saw Creed three or four times in 1999 (can't remember anymore heh) and at least six (maybe more) from 2000-2002. Aside from that I've got about 70+ bootlegs spanning over all the years they toured. It is quite evident his voice has deteriorated. I don't like to say it but it's the truth. The last two Creed shows I atteneded (both from 2002 tour, one in an arena, one in an ampitheater) were horrible on the "vocal side" of it. Half way through the shows he was winded and through the entire show he missed all of the high notes. In fact in the amp. show I went to, on several songs he didn't even try the high notes. He either sang them low or didn't sing, instead opting to allow the crowd to carry the song on (which was cool, having 30,000 people singing in unison)... but the fact of the matter is, Stapp's voice is nothing compared to what it was when Creed first started.

Maybe it's now changed, but we'll be able to tell that once he starts his tour.

Steve
11-11-2005, 11:26 PM
Yes, I know he did damage to his voice. However, these constant posts seem to sound like Stapp "lost" his talent during the Weathered tour. Like he just didn't have it anymore...and if that's what was implied, my statements still stand. I saw him live...it did not sound terrible, as I've read over and over on these forums regarding the Weathered tour. I think you all want him to sound bad, now that AB is around. I'm not gonna argue this point continuously, b/c I know what I saw and I know what I heard.

BTW, if his voice sounded so horrid, why attend 5 shows? Shouldnt you have thought it wasnt worth it after the first, if you felt that way? Ya know, I'd bet you that after each one of those shows you thought they were great and quite possibly didnt have anything negative to say. You get home, get on your forum, and have to "find" something to pick out. Of course, thats just a guess.

Well I'm not sure how far back this board goes, but I've been saying the Stapp voice issues long before Creed broke up, so don't give ME the argument I'm trying to make him look bad because of AB. In fact, feel free to view archives of the Creednet BB, if it's still available via www.archive.org. My name there was BioVirus.

And why attend so many shows? Because I love the band. If they got back together next week and started a tour, I'd be there in a heartbeat, no matter what I think Stapp sounds like.

Dogstar
11-11-2005, 11:31 PM

I was talking specifically about the PSU show, which was my second or third show at that point. Actually, he was fairly on for the rest of the time I saw him, especially on New Year's Eve. I'm just saying, he wasn't consistent. Now, I've seen Pearl Jam a few times and I've gotten several bootlegs of Eddie over the years. Granted, he's another one who can't hit the notes he did, but he has learned to care for his voice. That man is never flat or off.

Dogstar
11-11-2005, 11:34 PM
And why attend so many shows? Because I love the band. If they got back together next week and started a tour, I'd be there in a heartbeat, no matter what I think Stapp sounds like.
Word. I was always more into Tremonti anyway, though, Stapp was/is an awesome front man.

TheGreatDivide
11-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Is anyone going to tape it.. cause im leaving town on Thursday and i might not be able to catch it??? So just wondering if anyone does if they can send it to me?

Rocketqueen
11-21-2005, 02:12 PM
even if i dont get around to whatching it its hard to say what i,ll be in to but im going to make sure i record it in stuff

The Lithium
11-21-2005, 02:37 PM
As for "Reach Out" on the new cd....Do you really think that Stapp, or Wind-Up would have released a cd(studio, mind you) that contained your so-called false notes??? I mean, really. This guy knows what he's doing, as well as Wind-Up. Who are you? Maybe(obviously) the latter portion of his performance in Reach Out was meant to sound that way. C'mon...what's the name of the song in question? REACH OUT. He's expressing an immense emotion w/ his shouting and it fits the caliber of the song. Use your head, dude.
Oh yeah, that's what it is... Wind-Up and Stapp must have agreed on the point that Stapp should actually hit false notes, instead of the "real" ones. Bet they did the same thing on the Weathered tour! Awesome point, man!

Who cares, anyway? You're fucking banned!

IamFilthy
11-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Oh yeah, that's what it is... Wind-Up and Stapp must have agreed on the point that Stapp should actually hit false notes, instead of the "real" ones. Bet they did the same thing on the Weathered tour! Awesome point, man!

What an idiot,....talking to a banned member??...fucking idiot!

Ana4Stapp
11-21-2005, 08:25 PM

Hey Lith...are...you...humm...OKAY??????.... REALLY??? :nutty:

LOL!!!

The Lithium
11-22-2005, 04:34 PM
What an idiot,....talking to a banned member??...fucking idiot!
Hey, watch it, newbie! I talk to who ever I wanna talk to as long as I have a point, you got that? On this forum we try to treat each other with respect, and if you respect the other members, the other memebers will respect you. Also, you are getting nowhere with a comment like that. It's pretty obvious that you didn't have anything smart to say. And obviously, what I said had a point you couldn't argue with, so you said something to get me to fire right back at you, instead of a good argument. Well, that's not gonna happen. If you don't have something meaningful to say... Don't say it!

About one week ago Steve, (the admin), banned 2 users, (One of them was Faceless_Man), for disrespecting other members. So don't go there. You're more than welcome to discuss music, or other topics with us, but keep those comments off the forum, alright?

And on a side note... Who's the idiot of us two? I am clearly a AB fan, and I stand for that. But you seem to somehow have gotten lost somewhere in your desire of being a Stapp fan, 'cause your nick: "IamFilthy" is from the song Torn. Who Mark wrote all by himself. (Music, melody and lyrics). Nice job, dude! ;)

IamFilthy
11-22-2005, 07:17 PM
Hey, watch it, newbie! I talk to who ever I wanna talk to as long as I have a point, you got that? On this forum we try to treat each other with respect, and if you respect the other members, the other memebers will respect you. Also, you are getting nowhere with a comment like that. It's pretty obvious that you didn't have anything smart to say. And obviously, what I said had a point you couldn't argue with, so you said something to get me to fire right back at you, instead of a good argument. Well, that's not gonna happen. If you don't have something meaningful to say... Don't say it!

About one week ago Steve, (the admin), banned 2 users, (One of them was Faceless_Man), for disrespecting other members. So don't go there. You're more than welcome to discuss music, or other topics with us, but keep those comments off the forum, alright?

And on a side note... Who's the idiot of us two? I am clearly a AB fan, and I stand for that. But you seem to somehow have gotten lost somewhere in your desire of being a Stapp fan, 'cause your nick: "IamFilthy" is from the song Torn. Who Mark wrote all by himself. (Music, melody and lyrics). Nice job, dude! ;)

Stop crying :crying: ,....first of all YOU have to be an idiot :headbang: ,.....why make a vulgar comment like that to begin with,...Oh,...how old are you?....that might explain it :nerd: . And secondly,...I'm a Stapp fan, and loathe that joke-of-a-band AB :vomit: ,...however, my first love was Creed :jam: ,..and regardless of who wrote it,..Torn is a CREED song :crest: ,...sung by STAPP : ....the real talent of CREED! :shoot: :tremonti:

TeriB19
11-22-2005, 07:51 PM
IAmFilthy, play nice or you'll get detention. Be respectful, that's all we ask. Agree to disagree or find another forum. And watch the language, no need for vulgar name-calling.

The Lithium
11-23-2005, 04:23 AM
Stop crying :crying: ,....first of all YOU have to be an idiot :headbang: ,.....why make a vulgar comment like that to begin with,...Oh,...how old are you?....that might explain it :nerd: . And secondly,...I'm a Stapp fan, and loathe that joke-of-a-band AB :vomit: ,...however, my first love was Creed :jam: ,..and regardless of who wrote it,..Torn is a CREED song :crest: ,...sung by STAPP : ....the real talent of CREED! :shoot: :tremonti:
I am 17. And it says on your User CP that you're 27. You are 10 years older than me, and yet I act more mature.

I'm glad you're a big Stapp fan and a big Creed fan, I am too. But my fav band is AB, they're awesome people who makes awesome music. And you don't have to agree with that. Why don't we talk about something we both love, instead? How 'bout Creed? Well, we might not agree on anything there either, if you wanna shoot Tremonti, but you gotta agree with him. Mark was a big part of Creed! He wrote all the music, most of the melodies and quite many lyrics. Creed wouldn't have been the same thing without Mark. They would've problably sounded a whole lot different. Just like they would've if there was another singer. I'm not giving Mark more credit for Creed, 'cause Stapp did a great job as a front man, (until the end of the Weathered tour). Even though I personally think he was more important to Creed than Stapp was, since I listen to the music first, then get into the lyrics. But that's just me. And I don't expect you to agree on that point either. Creed was a band, and I love that band.

TeriB19
11-23-2005, 09:01 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Awesome points, all of them, Lith!!!

adparaiki
11-23-2005, 10:05 AM
I am 17. And it says on your User CP that you're 27. You are 10 years older than me, and yet I act more mature.

I'm glad you're a big Stapp fan and a big Creed fan, I am too. But my fav band is AB, they're awesome people who makes awesome music. And you don't have to agree with that. Why don't we talk about something we both love, instead? How 'bout Creed? Well, we might not agree on anything there either, if you wanna shoot Tremonti, but you gotta agree with him. Mark was a big part of Creed! He wrote all the music, most of the melodies and quite many lyrics. Creed wouldn't have been the same thing without Mark. They would've problably sounded a whole lot different. Just like they would've if there was another singer. I'm not giving Mark more credit for Creed, 'cause Stapp did a great job as a front man, (until the end of the Weathered tour). Even though I personally think he was more important to Creed than Stapp was, since I listen to the music first, then get into the lyrics. But that's just me. And I don't expect you to agree on that point either. Creed was a band, and I love that band.

its not true at all.
I love Creed and mark and scott but Scott wrote all the vocal melodies, mark wrote most of the music and scott wrote most of the lyrics.
mark wrote 1 verse in Torn and one more verse in another song and that was it ok.

adparaiki
11-23-2005, 10:06 AM
oh wat about us brits.
will it be on any channels on sky in the UK. and could someone tape it and put it on the net please. or is their a website where I will be able to watch it????

please!

SummerGirl
11-24-2005, 08:20 AM
its not true at all.
I love Creed and mark and scott but Scott wrote all the vocal melodies, mark wrote most of the music and scott wrote most of the lyrics.
mark wrote 1 verse in Torn and one more verse in another song and that was it ok. and, may I ask who your source is on this information...can I see this in print form...perhaps an interview of Creed the band, when Mark was in the room?

the Leno performance...he did great...he looks good...sounded good...it was an enjoyable performance and a much stronger one than the National Anthem last weekend...he was animated and interactive...I too liked the foot mic trick...but, I have to say that the martial arts hand movements had me rolling...I wish Stapp much success, hopefully he will maintain this level throughout his upcoming tour...

The Lithium
11-24-2005, 10:22 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Awesome points, all of them, Lith!!!
Thank you. May I be a mod now? Haha, (joking) :D

its not true at all.
mark wrote 1 verse in Torn and one more verse in another song and that was it ok.
What? Nononoo, you've got it all wrong!! Mark wrote ALL the music and most of the vocal melodys and some lyrics. Michael, Mark's brother, (who goes under Gabriel on the forums), says that Creed fans would actually be surprised if we only knew how many lyrics Mark wrote for Creed. And as for Torn, here's my secure: http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showpost.php?p=187578&postcount=6

Here's the full thread: http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5560&page=1
Michael says a whole lot of interesting things in this thread! Read it!

SummerGirl
11-24-2005, 11:23 AM
Thank you. May I be a mod now? Haha, (joking) :D

What? Nononoo, you've got it all wrong!! Mark wrote ALL the music and most of the vocal melodys and some lyrics. Michael, Mark's brother, (who goes under Gabriel on the forums), says that Creed fans would actually be surprised if we only knew how many lyrics Mark wrote for Creed. And as for Torn, here's my secure: http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showpost.php?p=187578&postcount=6

Here's the full thread: http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5560&page=1
Michael says a whole lot of interesting things in this thread! Read it!

that's the version that I've heard also...

The Lithium
11-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Yes, problably because it's the true version! :D