Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Is it possible????? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible?????

emissarygtrist
11-10-2005, 01:25 AM
This may sound crazy to everyone, but has anyone cosidered this. We all know it took forever!!!!! for the Stapp CD to come out. Is it possible that half way through the recording there were second thoughts??? Originaly the Tea party was playing, the song Relearn Love was realeased and, I hate to say it, but it flopped. When Stapp went on the "Late Late Show" he said that his album was gonna b kinda like Zep and the Doors but make your speakers jump..... Well, from what I've heard that isn't exacly what I make of it, it is awesome but not in that way. Now Gone Blind is the backing band.

So...... is it possible that after the release of "Relean Love" (which to me sounds like no other song I've heard on "The Great Divide" women singing, slide guitar etc.) that Wind-Up, Stapp, someone... Regrouped and decided to take the album in a different direction.

One final fector: Possibly when Stapps and the labed realized that Creed was never getting back together they then decided to make Stapps (no longer just a side project) a more sellable modern rock cd.

:wtf:
What do u guys think?????? :)

rabidgopher04
11-10-2005, 02:13 AM
I think the new album could easily be Creed's fourth album. Heck, I almost think of it that way. It just sounds like it.

Wind-Up is probably hurting after the loss of Creed and not-so-record-breaking sales for AB.

INDIGOSTEVE
11-10-2005, 04:36 AM
they are banking on this cd and they should hit the jackpot

metalanus
11-10-2005, 09:41 AM
I always thought if alterbridge would have released metalingus, oneday remains , or find the real as the first single then they would have made it.

the singles open your eyes and broken wings arent that original and thus they were just another band like creed so they were sold short

RoffeDH
11-11-2005, 06:07 AM
Your thoughts actualy makes sense... It's a great possiblillity that WU forced Stapp or that Stapp realized that Creed was finished so he made a Creedish album and not at all what he first (as it seems) had in mind!

titan9
11-11-2005, 10:55 AM
I'd lean toward WU forcing Stapp to say some of these ridiculous things about this being "the fourth Creed album, just with different musicians" and toward WU making Stapp make a Creed sounding album. WU wants Stapp to be the money-maker that Creed was. I think that's pretty apparent by now, given the way that they are promoting him, and the fact that he'll be doing Creed songs live. I just don't believe all of this is Stapp's doing; WU probably has a bigger role in it than we all think.

emissarygtrist
11-11-2005, 11:13 AM
Wind-Up is giving him the push that's for sure!!!!! I saw a scott stapp commercial today!!!

Creed7352
11-11-2005, 12:15 PM
well the tea party "quit" because the lead singer realized that stapp had a lot of personal problems to deal with still and he had other projects going on and he didn't want to get involved in that. he didn't want to get involved with that because his band had just gone through some of the same thing (personal problems going on) and they were finally coming back around and becoming a tighter band again, so he didn't want to "risk" anything or bring that stuff back into the equation.

in reality
11-11-2005, 12:56 PM
I read some of the interviews that the tea party did give about working with Stapp. I think they said that it be difficult to work out anyway, since they were a "tight" band and didn't think an outsider would fit in. But later on the tea party split up themselves. Jeff Martin is working on a solo cd. They didn't get along as well as they claimed.

Dogstar
11-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Yeah, it sounds as if they were having their own problems. It's a bummer, too, because I really like the Tea Party. I hope Jeff's solo stuff is good.

stappissohot
11-11-2005, 03:29 PM
they are banking on this cd and they should hit the jackpot
They already HAVE hit the jackpot here, I heard his song Broken and that was enough for me.... I don't think this is a Creed 4, kinda like people though The Scorpion King was the sequel to The Mummy Returns, it's like a "kinda, but not reallY" some of the songs kinda, but the others not really, he has really developed and blossomed as a singer and I look forward to his album....

stappissohot
11-11-2005, 03:31 PM
Wind-Up is giving him the push that's for sure!!!!! I saw a scott stapp commercial today!!!
REALLY?!!! *starts freaking out* WHAT CHANNEL???? TELL ME!!!!! :eek:

titan9
11-11-2005, 03:39 PM
A friend told me he saw it while he was watching either Spike or Speed TV. I personally haven't seen it, but I'd assume it is shown on channels that cover Nascar(Speed, NBC etc.) I believe PBF has it available for DL on their media section.

stappissohot
11-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Awwww..... I don't watch those channels....I guess I am gonna start though, lol

Agent D
11-11-2005, 05:33 PM
I was thinking about that the other day. Would've been way more interesting than the stuff that we've heard so far.

The Lithium
11-11-2005, 05:50 PM
It is very possible Wind-Up said: "You gotta sound more like the Scott Stapp we're used to hear". Wind-Up told Scott he had to lose wight, so Stapp worked out about 3 hours a day, until he was fit for fight. Well, he was kinda fat after the Weathered tour!

Creed7352
11-11-2005, 06:41 PM
it was the speed channel or speed tv or whatever it's called...it's that commercial he did in conjunction with nascar and cause he's singing the national anthem on the 20th.

Dogstar
11-11-2005, 06:46 PM
^^^your avatar cracks me up! I hope he really does a good job on the 20th.

RoffeDH
11-12-2005, 04:42 AM
Yeah lith... Probobly WU screwing this shit up... I'm for sertain not going to buy this album...!