Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
stapp writining music [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : stapp writining music

metalanus
11-07-2005, 01:21 PM
did scott write the music for the album or just the lyrics because I know he was starting to play the guitar a little more .

titan9
11-07-2005, 01:28 PM
As far as I know, Stapp only did the lyrics and vocals, while Goneblind did the music. I can't confirm that for sure, but that's what I've heard.

Creed7352
11-07-2005, 02:16 PM
guess we'll know when the album drops cause it should say in the liner notes somewhere.

The Lithium
11-07-2005, 02:20 PM
did scott write the music for the album or just the lyrics because I know he was starting to play the guitar a little more .
Yeah, Mark tried to teach him guitar, but Mark also said he was hopeless... He just didn't learn.

titan9
11-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Guitar is a tough instrument, so I can relate. If you aren't a natural at it(and most aren't) you really, REALLY have to practice to fully grasp it. I think anyone can learn how to play(no one is hopeless, because if that's the case, then I was hopeless six months ago. Now, however, I can play tons of chords and some songs. All of this has happened only with practice) but they gotta be dedicated, they have to want it badly. Maybe Stapp was never that dedicated to it, so that's why he just didn't pick it up.

Bridge of Clay
11-07-2005, 03:19 PM
guess we'll know when the album drops cause it should say in the liner notes somewhere.
The TGD single said it was all his... but I don't buy it to be honest. If it wasn't Goneblind, it was the producer.

Dogstar
11-07-2005, 03:21 PM
Yeah, it's amazing how big a role a producer can have. I saw that after watching Metallica's Some Kind of Monster.

The Lithium
11-07-2005, 03:53 PM
The TGD single said it was all his... but I don't buy it to be honest. If it wasn't Goneblind, it was the producer.
Yeah, I don't think it was ONLY Stapp, but come on, mostly!

Yeah, it's amazing how big a role a producer can have. I saw that after watching Metallica's Some Kind of Monster.
Oh yeah, great movie! Bob Rock rocks! I hear Metallica is recording some new meterial right now, can't frickin' wait! :D

GregS
11-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Oh yeah, great movie! Bob Rock rocks! I hear Metallica is recording some new meterial right now, can't frickin' wait! :D

You cant wait ? Dude.. remember how bad St anger was.. The follow up isnt going to be much better..

Bullets
11-07-2005, 08:05 PM
i remember in one of the radio interviews, can't recall exactly which one, but Scott did say that when he wrote the songs this time Goneblind actually laid out the music tracks and he wrote the words after he heard the music tracks, rather than the way it used to be with Creed where he and mark would write lyrics, then do the music after. This would explain however why some words get twisted to fit the music...

Rocketqueen
11-07-2005, 11:42 PM
Yeah, Mark tried to teach him guitar, but Mark also said he was hopeless... He just didn't learn.
:D

stappissohot
11-07-2005, 11:45 PM
I'm learning guitar as well, I asked my teacher if he could teach me how to play My Own Prison acoustic and after about 2 weeks of trying to learn I just cursed and forgot about it, lol, I'll stick with Mary Had A Little Lamb, lol, learn to play that you can play just about anything, I still haven't gotten the first part, grrr... lol, but I can see where it would be hard trying to learn, and even hearder to write song music...

Rocketqueen
11-08-2005, 12:14 AM
i like mary had a lit lamb :) i,ve worked with the nursey rhyme before with some harder tracks my cousins all band put together i gave mary and her lambs a gothic hard edge twist and they was like :wtf: you reminded me of that, HAAAAAAAAAAAAA but anyways do your best with the instruament and all i can i say i gave up a long time i knew that playing the gutiar was not for me all though im still in love with the gutiar and have a deep passion for,em but dont force it it should come natrual if not keep playing

stappissohot
11-08-2005, 12:17 AM
lol, I played the clarinet for 2 years but I thought I looked like an idiot... lol, and Justify in your sig *bows down to you* lol, sorry....but yeah guitar is hard and I can see why he couldn't learn *eats mint chocolate chip ice cream* lol

Rocketqueen
11-08-2005, 12:29 AM
yummmmmmmy i want some you made me hungry thank you i had a hardway getting that sig up lol Haaaaaaa Clarinet :) i would have to say would not be my choice but at one time i felt the same way about the violin i dont play it but i,ve come to find its charm and apprciated more its hard yes of course but if you can feel and hear it the wanna you play it and make a melody of your own in your soul and bring out you can play thats what its all about just keep feeling and hearing

stappissohot
11-08-2005, 12:33 AM
lol, I love ice cream.... and I would rather sing, but the only thing I can sing is Raven Symone's song Alice, which has beautiful lyrics, here *looks around* yeah off topic for one second, ONE second, lol
"Fly with me in the sea, swim with me in the breeze, drive with me on the clouds, fly with me on the ground, follow me into my rabbit hole I'll show you everything I've been told and I'll lead you to a land unknown where happiness is grown" It had to do with Alice in Wonderland.... I'm not into her music as much as rock and hard rock, grunge rock, death rock.... I just love rock, lol, but that song has wonderful lyrics and her show is hilareoues, I'm just like her, in that show it's like staring at myself, I'm just as big of a goofball

Rocketqueen
11-08-2005, 12:50 AM
drink me :) I like alice in wonderland beautiful lyrics from raven that wonderland inspired :) you can be off topic aint nothing wrong with wonderland lol

stappissohot
11-08-2005, 01:23 AM
Raven actually co-wrote Alice, she said she's been Alice at one point in her life, that she felt just like Alice, and she wrote a bit of that song in her poem books, she writes poetry....sounds familiar like me, lol

Steve
11-08-2005, 01:35 AM
Ok, keep personal chit-chat in PM's and not in regular threads.

Faceless_Man
11-08-2005, 01:12 PM
You guys get off topic entirely too much. Makes these forums hard to read and comprehend.

*Oh, and enough already with all the alterbridge talk in the Stapp forum...damn.

Rocketqueen
11-09-2005, 12:59 AM
damn i know it i dont have probleam reading it though