Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Surround Me [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Surround Me

GregS
11-05-2005, 06:47 PM
This song totally reminds me of arms wide open after listening to it a couple of times. Any1 else think this ?

The Lithium
11-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Oh-very-no! Two completely different songs!

GregS
11-05-2005, 08:58 PM
Hmm.. thats your opinion. I just think they sound abit familar..

jammy123
11-05-2005, 09:16 PM
man surround me is my fav song on the album....its VERY differnt

rabidgopher04
11-05-2005, 09:59 PM
No, they sound different to me.

What exactly reminds you of WAWO in Surround Me?

HuMaN~ClAy
11-06-2005, 02:10 AM
man, if i'm the only one i don't care, i agree with you.... maybe not cus of the lyrics and the music, but for the over all value of the song

this song means a lot to me, being the only ballad i like on the cd (that i like)... also the lyrics are strong and meaningful... if for nothing else that alone reminds me of WAWO... it's not always about the lyrics and the music

this song really really touches me, as did WAWO.

Bridge of Clay
11-06-2005, 02:22 AM
no way, imo.

Surround Me sounds like Matchbox 20.

eusebioCBR
11-06-2005, 02:45 AM
:thumbsup: This song totally reminds me of arms wide open after listening to it a couple of times. Any1 else think this ?

geletmote
11-06-2005, 08:31 AM
Do you guys want to hear what surround me sounds like...

download this song

Lenny Kravitz - Again

Almost identical to surround me..

let me know wat yas think

GregS
11-06-2005, 09:07 AM
man, if i'm the only one i don't care, i agree with you.... maybe not cus of the lyrics and the music, but for the over all value of the song

this song means a lot to me, being the only ballad i like on the cd (that i like)... also the lyrics are strong and meaningful... if for nothing else that alone reminds me of WAWO... it's not always about the lyrics and the music

Ye man , thats how i feel about it being like WAWO.

The Lithium
11-06-2005, 09:48 AM
Do you guys want to hear what surround me sounds like...

download this song

Lenny Kravitz - Again

Almost identical to surround me..

let me know wat yas think
Oh holy shit, the guitar part sounds VERY alike Surround Me

geletmote
11-06-2005, 10:10 AM
Oh holy shit, the guitar part sounds VERY alike Surround Me

tell me about it, I wonder if he likes lenny..

The Lithium
11-06-2005, 10:35 AM
Haha, I'm pretty sure he does. They live neighbours! :D Actually Lenny was gonna play bass on the record, but then it got changed to The Tea Party. But they really couldn't stand Stapp, so Stapp brought in Goneblind.

ctfan
11-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Haha, I'm pretty sure he does. They live neighbours! :D Actually Lenny was gonna play bass on the record, but then it got changed to The Tea Party. But they really couldn't stand Stapp, so Stapp brought in Goneblind.

Geez Lithium, do you just make stuff up as you go along?? Seriously dude, no one in The Tea Party ever said anything like that about Stapp. And I don't believe that Lenny Kravitz ever said he would play bass for certain.

It's gotten to the point that I don't believe much of what you say anymore.

Mrprophetman
11-06-2005, 08:13 PM

My guess would be that Wind-Up kinda didn't like the Tea Party. Hence the change in Producers and back up band.

geletmote
11-06-2005, 10:07 PM
Geez Lithium, do you just make stuff up as you go along?? Seriously dude, no one in The Tea Party ever said anything like that about Stapp. And I don't believe that Lenny Kravitz ever said he would play bass for certain.

you know what, i totally agree with you.. no wonder he has 4million posts, all he does is talk crap..

jonofj
11-07-2005, 12:51 AM

YEP TOTALLY AGREE WITH YA...THIS SONG IS MY FAV AT THE MOMENT.

Creed7352
11-07-2005, 12:54 AM
My guess would be that Wind-Up kinda didn't like the Tea Party. Hence the change in Producers and back up band.

nope, there was an interview with the lead singer of the tea party and he said that stapp still seemed to have a lot of issues going on and they (the tea party) didn't want to deal with that as they had just gotten over their own issues and were starting to become a tighter band again.

RoffeDH
11-07-2005, 07:40 AM
Lith haven't made this stuff up... There was some talk about Lenny playing bass on the ablum and they're neighbours... The Tea Party had some issues with Stapp so the said it quits...

cariocawlad
11-07-2005, 07:53 AM
I cant see nothing of WAWO in Surround Me. I love them both, they are great ballads and thats all.

geletmote
11-07-2005, 08:24 AM
I cant see nothing of WAWO in Surround Me. I love them both, they are great ballads and thats all.

spot on.

GregS
11-07-2005, 08:47 AM
Well at least some of us agree they are similar. Imo their both quite deep songs , nice lyrics , and jus the whole way it begins.. then scott starts singing like he does in WAWO. I was surprised when i heard it at first.

The Lithium
11-07-2005, 11:05 AM
No, Stapp said Lenny was supposed to play bass on the record. And yes... After The Tea Party left/got kicked out by Stapp. (Don't know what happened), the lead singer of The Tea Party made an interview where he said they really couldn't get along with Stapp and that they didn't like him as a person anymore. Steve posted that interview here. I know I am right and you are wrong!

Well don't then. But maybe you should ask for my secures before you question my comments, huh?

you know what, i totally agree with you.. no wonder he has 4million posts, all he does is talk crap..
Fuck you, you don't even know what you're talking about!

nope, there was an interview with the lead singer of the tea party and he said that stapp still seemed to have a lot of issues going on and they (the tea party) didn't want to deal with that as they had just gotten over their own issues and were starting to become a tighter band again.
Lith haven't made this stuff up... There was some talk about Lenny playing bass on the ablum and they're neighbours... The Tea Party had some issues with Stapp so the said it quits...
See... Who's laughing now?

Rocketqueen
11-07-2005, 11:17 AM
uh uh NO Not Really Im Behind over Here thats ok because i alway mess up the threads HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

in reality
11-07-2005, 11:49 AM
Well the tea party are no longer together. The lead singer is making a solo cd. Looks like they had their own issues. Surround Me should be the next single from TGD. Great song.

Dogstar
11-07-2005, 01:01 PM
Lith, watch the language, OK? No need to be nasty. :D

btw, I don't like Surround Me :D

The Lithium
11-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Lith, watch the language, OK? No need to be nasty. :D
Alright, I'm sorry. It's just that this guy, (ctfan), really pisses by always insulting me and saying that I'm wrong and talk crap when he is the one who hasn't checked out the interviews or the facts.

Dogstar
11-07-2005, 01:53 PM
No prob :D...Just count to 10 before ya type eff you ;).

The Lithium
11-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Hahah, that's a good one, I'll try that! :D

Mrprophetman
11-07-2005, 09:56 PM
Well the tea party are no longer together. The lead singer is making a solo cd. Looks like they had their own issues. Surround Me should be the next single from TGD. Great song.

I heard that too. That the Tea Party had broken up also. So I guess Stapp wasn't the only one with issues that needed to be worked out. Truthfully I like goneblind better than the Tea Party.

stappissohot
11-07-2005, 10:50 PM
I love this song too.... Surround Me is so much like my life, I actually cried when I heard it because it's like hearing myself in a way, I trust nobody anymore since I have been betrayed by like everyone "Can you look into my eyes and say you won't betray me" and then the beggining is so... all of it actually, I love it so much "They say no man's an island but I beg to disagree, I guess they haven't seen my island and where it lies at see"
I love that too, all of it, I wish Scott Stapp the best and hope he get's a grammy for it!

ctfan
11-08-2005, 02:59 PM
No, Stapp said Lenny was supposed to play bass on the record. And yes... After The Tea Party left/got kicked out by Stapp. (Don't know what happened), the lead singer of The Tea Party made an interview where he said they really couldn't get along with Stapp and that they didn't like him as a person anymore. Steve posted that interview here. I know I am right and you are wrong!

Well don't then. But maybe you should ask for my secures before you question my comments, huh?

You seem to be a very pompous young man Lith, so here ya go.

“We just stepped away from the plate because right now,” he pauses, choosing his words carefully, “I like Scott very much as a person, but there’s a lot of baggage there."

If you'd like to reread the entire article this is the link.

http://www.calgarysun.com/perl-bin/niveau2.cgi?s=musique&p=90038.html&a=1

So you see, you aren't always right. May I ask if your the one laughing now?

ctfan
11-08-2005, 03:02 PM
Alright, I'm sorry. It's just that this guy, (ctfan), really pisses by always insulting me and saying that I'm wrong and talk crap when he is the one who hasn't checked out the interviews or the facts.

You do talk crap. See previous post dude.

ctfan
11-08-2005, 03:05 PM
I heard that too. That the Tea Party had broken up also. So I guess Stapp wasn't the only one with issues that needed to be worked out. Truthfully I like goneblind better than the Tea Party.

Yep, I'd heard the same. I guess they hadn't quite purged themselves completely of past deamons or issues. I liked the version of Relearn Love done with the Tea Party, but I agree, I like Goneblind better.

The Lithium
11-08-2005, 05:23 PM
You seem to be a very pompous young man Lith, so here ya go.

“We just stepped away from the plate because right now,” he pauses, choosing his words carefully, “I like Scott very much as a person, but there’s a lot of baggage there."

If you'd like to reread the entire article this is the link.

http://www.calgarysun.com/perl-bin/niveau2.cgi?s=musique&p=90038.html&a=1

So you see, you aren't always right. May I ask if your the one laughing now?
Are you trying to use that as an argument? Okay, so I was wrong about the actual words he said, but I was right about the what he meant. They left Stapp 'cause he was hard to deal with. You were wrong man... Admit it... At least a little bit. I admit I was a little wrong!

What is your problem man? Why don't you just leave me alone, key?

metalanus
11-08-2005, 05:43 PM
by baggaage the tea party could have meant that working with someone after an emotional breakup is difficult because of the circumstances not necesarrily cause stapp is a hard person to work with. They had to fill the shoes of scott, mark , and brian who stapp has been with for so long. I would fill intimidated or out of place. also they probly felt that they had to be careful about being critical or or saying the wrong things given the situation.

geletmote
11-08-2005, 09:08 PM

Aucorse he does, I agree with ya..

GregS
11-09-2005, 07:20 AM
Umm dudes stop the arguing.. this has gone way off topic now.

stappissohot
11-09-2005, 11:25 AM
And what was the topic again? lol....Surround Me.....good song, whoop de do

The Lithium
11-09-2005, 11:40 AM
Aucorse he does, I agree with ya..
Look pal you and me have our own issues, alright? Don't bash me because of the true facts I post. I don't know what you're trying to do, and I honestly have never known and never will... But please... My posts has nothing to do with the phsyco-things you told me over MSN.

Dogstar
11-09-2005, 02:30 PM
Ya know, there is an *ignore* function on this board. Some of you might benefit from using it if you annoy the crap out of each other. That way, you don't have to keep fighting. :D

And Goneblind sucks ass compared to the Tea Party, but that's just MHO ;).

GregS
11-09-2005, 02:37 PM
And what was the topic again? lol....Surround Me.....good song, whoop de do

Ye.. thats right. Discuss the song , say if u think it sounds like WAWO.. not bitch about one another.

Dogstar
11-09-2005, 02:40 PM
LOL, Greg. I don't like the song :D.

in reality
11-09-2005, 02:42 PM
I don't think Surround Me sounds like WAWO. It's a great song like that one is. But otherwise totally different. The Tea Party split up. They had their own issues to deal with. Stapp really worked with a nice band on this cd.

ctfan
11-11-2005, 12:00 AM
Are you trying to use that as an argument? Okay, so I was wrong about the actual words he said, but I was right about the what he meant. They left Stapp 'cause he was hard to deal with. You were wrong man... Admit it... At least a little bit. I admit I was a little wrong!

What is your problem man? Why don't you just leave me alone, key?

I'm not arguing with you. I just posted the truth out of something that you made wrong. This is what happens with you Lith, you twist things the way you want them to sound, doen't mean crap to you that they aren't true. As long as your cool with it, your good to go...and go screw everyone else.

And no, you weren't right with what Martin meant, cause how do you know?? I find it hard to believe you were crawling around the man's brain to find out either.

I have just as much right to post my opinion as you do. I had something to say in this thread in regards to what you posted, so I said it. And no, I wasn't a little wrong....I wasn't wrong at all.

ctfan
11-11-2005, 12:04 AM
Umm dudes stop the arguing.. this has gone way off topic now.

Ok, back on topic. No, I don't think Surround Me sounds like WAWO at all. Two different songs, strong ballads and they both have a story to tell, but completely different. I happen to like both of them equally well.

geletmote
11-14-2005, 11:39 AM
Can sum 1 please post the lyrics for surround me...

And with an intro like that I think scott stapps done it again..

Ana4Stapp
11-14-2005, 11:56 AM
Surround Me
They say no man's an island
But I tend to disagree
I guess they've never seen my island
And where it lies at sea

I'm lost inside my memory
I'm still in disbelief
If I could paint a picture for you
This is what you'd see

I'm down on my knees