Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
New Songs On Eteam Page~ [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : New Songs On Eteam Page~

INDIGOSTEVE
10-28-2005, 01:58 PM
2 songs now fight song and surround me are up if you are a member, I think everyone will be please with these, check em out!

The Lithium
10-28-2005, 02:00 PM
I thought Fight Song was pretty okay. It was good, it really was, but the sound was so incredibly bad that you just didn't get the correct picture of the song. I really love Surround Me though! It's a great song, love the back-up vocals in that song!

titan9
10-28-2005, 02:11 PM
Yeah, it's usually like that with streams. They'll always pretty poor quality, which is why I'm not even going to bother with registering for the e-team just to listen to the streams. I'm really curious for the album, though, so I'm just gonna try to hold off and wait for the album to leak on one of the P2P programs. Hopefully I don't have to wait until Nov 22nd to hear something other than TGD and SM.

The Lithium
10-28-2005, 05:34 PM
Nah, count on the 15th. Albums tend to leak a week before the release.

titan9
10-28-2005, 05:38 PM
Actually, the new Switchfoot CD leaked a full 2 or 3 weeks before it officially came out. So I would not be shocked to see the new Stapp CD leaked in a couple of weeks. If it's in high demand, it'll be there soon.

The Lithium
10-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I know, it depends, but Switchfoot is a well-known band. (I downloaded the CD when it leaked). Scott Stapp isn't that known. My guess is that it will leak one week before the release.

HuMaN~ClAy
10-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I know, it depends, but Switchfoot is a well-known band. (I downloaded the CD when it leaked). Scott Stapp isn't that known. My guess is that it will leak one week before the release.

well i don't think being well known has much to do with it... and relatively speaking i don't think Switchfoot is overly well known, not in Canada anyway... it just matters about security. if someone slips up and TGD gets in the hands of a fan who knows how to torrent stuff it could be leaked by tomorrow.

The Lithium
10-28-2005, 06:22 PM
well i don't think being well known has much to do with it...
I know that it does!

and relatively speaking i don't think Switchfoot is overly well known, not in Canada anyway... it just matters about security. if someone slips up and TGD gets in the hands of a fan who knows how to torrent stuff it could be leaked by tomorrow.
Of course, mostly that!

titan9
10-28-2005, 06:37 PM
Actually, you could in a way say that Stapp is well-known. He was the lead singer of one of the biggest bands of the last decade, and when people think of one member of Creed, typically it is him because lead singers are almost always the most well-known from a band. Like HC said, though, it all depends on whether someone slips up or not.

Bridge of Clay
10-28-2005, 07:01 PM
I don't know... One Day Remains didn't leak. I think Wind-Up has been holding on well lately.

Fight Song is hard and its lyrics are a direct stab in his former bands. Maybe due his anger, it's has the best lyrics I've seen from him so far, since Relearn Love. I'll not compare to Creed to avoid problem though.

As for Surround Me... the plugged version is 10 times better! It's a very good song, it's like Creed meets Matchbox 20.

titan9
10-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Could anyone possibly use SoundCapture and pass along the MP3s of these two streams? I'm quite reluctant to actually join Stapp's E-Team, or else I'd just stream to listen to it. I know, I said earlier in this thread that I would try to hold off on listening to the songs til I get an album quality version of them, but I'm anxious to hear the songs. :laugh:

Thanks

jonofj
10-28-2005, 08:12 PM
I don't know... One Day Remains didn't leak. I think Wind-Up has been holding on well.
lately.

Fight Song is hard and its lyrics are a direct stab in his former bands. Maybe due his anger, it's has the best lyrics I've seen from him so far, since Relearn Love. I'll not compare to Creed to avoid problem though.

As for Surround Me... the plugged version is 10 times better! It's a very good song, it's like Creed meets Matchbox 20.

YEAP I love the plugged version in the lyrics from both songs is really what he went thru and now his Standing on solid ground ....awesome. I want the album now, Let us all Know if it leaks out. I will still buy the Album of course...but patience is starting to lose out on me.

cheers everyone

Chase
10-28-2005, 08:25 PM
I like Fight Song the best out of the songs I've heard thus far.

metalanus
10-28-2005, 08:31 PM
I like them both. I find it intresting that the background vocals are loud and occur often . It always drove me crazy with creed because there was not enough of them and the background vocalist I guess mark always seemed overshadowed. Fight song was great and I hope there are more heavey songs on it. I thought the drums sounded like human clay and the guitar sounded like tremonti. I dont know if they are going for a creed sound but it sounds similar.

Bridge of Clay
10-28-2005, 08:39 PM
check PBF, page 9 of the thread about it.

titan9
10-28-2005, 08:54 PM
Oh, I didn't see that. Thanks Marcos

HuMaN~ClAy
10-29-2005, 02:13 AM
yea thanks for tellin us about PBF... even tho i hate going over there... can't have a page up without at least 15 pics of scotts head haha, kinda creepy..

but back to the music... aside from Relearn Love which i liked, i love everything Scott has put out since Creed... Fight Song sounds like it would be right off Human Clay... can't wait for this album!

but... is it just me... or can you really tell in these songs where they would have had to digitally touch up his voice? it's a shame... his voice has definitely gone down in quaility since weathered... but his lyrics are still awesome!

bobben
10-29-2005, 05:26 AM
If this doesn't result in a platinum selling record than reality will stop for sure... Surround Me was really really cool! Fantastic song! Fight Song could easily been a part of HC! Creed sound de luxe, but who doesn't love that!? :cool:

The Lithium
10-29-2005, 05:55 AM
If this doesn't result in a platinum selling record than reality will stop for sure... Surround Me was really really cool! Fantastic song! Fight Song could easily been a part of HC! Creed sound de luxe, but who doesn't love that!? :cool:
As you and I have been talking about before. Most people download stuff now. It's too bad, but it's getting harder to sell platinum. I think lots of bands who deserves platinum doesn't sell enough to get it.

geletmote
10-29-2005, 07:17 AM
I wouldnt compare another persons guitar work from GB to HUman clay (tremonti), obviously scotts lyrics you can compare becasue he was part of the god damb band (creed), but his backing band is really starting to piss me off.. :mad1:

Bullets
10-29-2005, 09:24 AM
Hello again! I'm back to bring you both Surround Me and Fight Song as they were on the eteam (unfortunately only the 2 minute samples). I have once again stripped the DRM protection (As i did with TGD video) and these can be played as many times as you want, burned, copied, whatever :P I also used rapidshare this time instead of yousendit due to UNLIMITED downloads for you guys :) Enjoy.

Fight Song (http://rapidshare.de/files/6915976/fightsong.wma.html)

Surround Me (http://rapidshare.de/files/6916070/surroundme.wma.html)

Tremontixriffs
10-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Thanks man i was trying to burn for days..you the man!

Ana4Stapp
10-29-2005, 10:02 AM
REALLY liking Fight song!!! ;)

in reality
10-29-2005, 10:54 AM
Thanks Bullets for these songs! Surround Me is an awesome song. Fight Song is another good song on this cd, I agree there. :dancing:

HuMaN~ClAy
10-29-2005, 12:36 PM
I wouldnt compare another persons guitar work from GB to HUman clay (tremonti), obviously scotts lyrics you can compare becasue he was part of the god damb band (creed), but his backing band is really starting to piss me off.. :mad1:

well... when they're trying to sound like tremonti and flip i guess u kinda can... that's not saying GB are equally as good musicians and tremonti and flip (and i'm not saying they're worse, but i'd like to think they are), cus when people play music it isn't the best to their ability, they just play certain things to make the songs sound good. Clearly Creed wasn't showing the true abilities of tremonti.

and holy crap, i haven't been able to stop listening to these songs since last night!! i love them! haha

Trimontana
10-29-2005, 12:46 PM
Bullets, thanks again to bring here the songs

titan9
10-29-2005, 01:46 PM
Well, I headed over to PBF last night to grab the songs and run. :D I then burnt them to a re-writable, because I wanted to listen to them on my personal CD to really judge the songs. Here's my impression of each:

The Fight Song: Well, it's certainly harder than the TGD. Like others have mentioned, it could have easily been on HC. It has a What If feel to it, imo. Lyrically, I'm not that impressed with the second verse or the chorus. But I dig the bridge, and hopefully the first verse is better than the second. Musically, I like the feel of it. It seems to have the potential to be a good/really good song. I want to hear the full version first, though.

Surround Me: Like others mentioned, the plugged version is 100x better than the Acoustic. It's a softer kind of song, but I really like it. Lyrically it is good(but not great), musically it is good as well. I am surprised that GB are actually doing a good job with the music. I thought the music would suck, but that the lyrics and vocals would be good. It looks like, instead, the music is decent/good, the lyrics are decent/good and the vocals are decent/good. Overall, like I said, SM is a very good song, probably my favorite of his solo songs thus far.

cariocawlad
10-29-2005, 04:28 PM
First I wanto to thank Bullets to put these songs here. I'm Brazilian so I can't register on the Eteam page.
Now Let me say that after listen these song I'm very satisfied. They are amazing and I just can't stop listening. The Fightsong is hard and show the angry and power that Stapp's voice have. I really love it.
Surround Me It's a beautifull ballad in the best Creed style and the harmonies are really good.
That strange impression that TGD puts on me was erased by these two songs. I just can't wait to hear the entire album. I'm very happy as a Creed fan and like I say in the past I wish the best for Stapp, Tremo, Flip and Brian in their ways.

Peace.

Dogstar
10-30-2005, 04:37 AM
Hello again! I'm back to bring you both Surround Me and Fight Song as they were on the eteam (unfortunately only the 2 minute samples). I have once again stripped the DRM protection (As i did with TGD video) and these can be played as many times as you want, burned, copied, whatever :P I also used rapidshare this time instead of yousendit due to UNLIMITED downloads for you guys :) Enjoy.

Fight Song (http://rapidshare.de/files/6915976/fightsong.wma.html)

Surround Me (http://rapidshare.de/files/6916070/surroundme.wma.html)
THANK YOU, Bullets!

Dogstar
10-30-2005, 04:42 AM
Fight Song sounds promising. This is the first one I actually liked!

geletmote
10-30-2005, 06:49 AM

Yeh it does sound promising. All his lyrics are directe to Ab and refferd to creed.. IMO

INDIGOSTEVE
10-30-2005, 09:00 AM
this cd should easily sell platinum.

INDIGOSTEVE
10-30-2005, 09:01 AM
this will sell well!

INDIGOSTEVE
10-30-2005, 09:01 AM
this will sell

Bullets
10-30-2005, 10:46 AM
Your welcome guys - its my pleasure to bring the goodness of music to those outside of e-team. I'll see you all on Friday with the next two songs :)

RoffeDH
10-30-2005, 11:22 AM
I must say that FS wasn't that good... I liked SM better w/ the backup vocals... Loved the backup vocals... ;) Lyrricaly I'm not satisfied at all...

Robin101
10-30-2005, 04:01 PM
Top Job Bullets!!

Nice to hear variation in his work. I don't think his album will be a case of 'Didn't I just hear that song'.

The Lithium
10-30-2005, 04:27 PM
I must say that FS wasn't that good... I liked SM better w/ the backup vocals... Loved the backup vocals... ;) Lyrricaly I'm not satisfied at all...
No, I have to agree. It sounds pretty good, but yet not... Something is really missing.

Dogstar
10-30-2005, 05:11 PM
That wasn't the whole song, either, right? I think it was only two minutes or so. Either way, at least musically it appealed to me more than the other two.

titan9
10-30-2005, 07:28 PM
Yeah, we still haven't heard the full versions of those two songs, aside from the full Acoustic version of SM. I'm really waiting to fully judge the songs until I have heard the complete Album versions. But it looks promising, which is good.

geletmote
10-30-2005, 09:18 PM
No, I have to agree. It sounds pretty good, but yet not... Something is really missing.

What could be missing, I think its still secretely in ur head, Trem&flip&marsh...

Ana4Stapp
10-30-2005, 10:02 PM

definitely same here! ;)

Bridge of Clay
10-30-2005, 11:03 PM
so far we got "The Great Divide" which is My Sacrifice recycled... same verse. I couldn't tell that until I was told by someone who plays guitar 10,000 better than me.

Fight Song, which has the best lyrics but I'm not fond of the music yet... perhaps it will grow on me.

And Surround Me which is an average song in terms of music writing. Nonetheless, it's a good song overall.

Robin101
10-31-2005, 09:18 AM
It seems as though Stapp's album is already creating a 'divide'. Some people who dislike TGD and SM seem to like FS, some vice versa and some like all three.

As I stated before, whether you think his album sounds promising or not, it has got people curious - that's the main thing.

The opinion on the music has got me interested. After a friend of mine listened to Relearn Love and TGD his first reaction was that Stapp didn't miss the other members of Creed. I agree - although it is still early days yet.

The same applies to AB - Stapp could not have contributed anything to ODR that would have made it better (Although I would have loved to hear him sing Shed My Skin).

Has a release date been set for The Great Divide in the U.K?

Take Care

Mrprophetman
10-31-2005, 11:42 PM
I think all the right things are missing...mainly three ex-bandmates.

INDIGOSTEVE
10-31-2005, 11:47 PM
after hearing his new songs isn't it obvious they were headed in different musical directions? mark wanted to be heavier and scott more mellow, and now I am glad they split, and thats okay!

geletmote
11-01-2005, 12:06 AM

Yeh thats wat I said aswell, its true.

HuMaN~ClAy
11-01-2005, 02:18 PM
after hearing his new songs isn't it obvious they were headed in different musical directions? mark wanted to be heavier and scott more mellow, and now I am glad they split, and thats okay!

yea, i agree with you here, it is obvious they wanted different things... it was time for them to split.

Yeh thats wat I said aswell, its true.

ok, i dunno what Mrprophetman thinks about creed getting back together, but i know, geletmote, you want creed to get back together... so i'm pretty baffled that you would agree with Mrprophetman on this... if you don't like tremo/flip/marshall then what difference would it make to you if they got back together?? you get the same thing from Stapp now...

one more thing, i've found the lyrics for SM over at PBF, but does anyone know where to get the lyrics for the full version of Fight Song?? not just the 2mins or whatever we've been given...

The Lithium
11-01-2005, 07:33 PM
so far we got "The Great Divide" which is My Sacrifice recycled... same verse. I couldn't tell that until I was told by someone who plays guitar 10,000 better than me.
True. The whole song sounds very "My Sacrifice"-ish.

Creed7352
11-01-2005, 07:45 PM
mark wanted to be heavier and scott more mellow

yet almost everyone that has heard it so far says how hard fight song is and how much they love it...go figure. :rolleyes:

The Lithium
11-01-2005, 07:51 PM
Fight Song is nothing compared to Metalingus, Watch Your Words, One Day Remains or Find The Real!

geletmote
11-01-2005, 08:57 PM
yea, i agree with you here, it is obvious they wanted different things... it was time for them to split.

ok, i dunno what Mrprophetman thinks about creed getting back together, but i know, geletmote, you want creed to get back together... so i'm pretty baffled that you would agree with Mrprophetman on this... if you don't like tremo/flip/marshall then what difference would it make to you if they got back together?? you get the same thing from Stapp now...

one more thing, i've found the lyrics for SM over at PBF, but does anyone know where to get the lyrics for the full version of Fight Song?? not just the 2mins or whatever we've been given...

Dude youve got it wrong, Im a huge fan of TREMO, flip and marshall, I likes Stapp aswell, IM not on anyones side it might have sounded like I was on stapps but IM not i like them both , I love tremo for god sakes i play guitar his inspired me.. What Im saying is that I want what was originally together to get back together... Nothing beets the original(creed) over Ab and you can disagree all you want, but its true.. Its like having adidas runners, then goin and getting some cheap 2 stripe runners, not saying AB is cheap but thats my example.. :)

Creed7352
11-01-2005, 09:03 PM
i understand that geletmote, but it is true in my eye...i like ab more than creed.

geletmote
11-01-2005, 09:07 PM
i understand that geletmote, but it is true in my eye...i like ab more than creed.

Change ur nickname then :) :) :)

Bridge of Clay
11-01-2005, 10:30 PM
Change ur nickname then :) :) :)
well... he has a reputation since the first Creed boards popped up, way before Alter Bridge was created. There's no need to change it since people know him as Creed7532.

And despite he likes AB better than Creed, it doesn't mean he dislikes Creed.

HuMaN~ClAy
11-02-2005, 12:22 AM
i dunno... it just doesn't make sense to me that someone could like creed so much, but then when they split up only support one of the former members... and geletmote, if you were inspired by tremo while he was in creed i don't see why you wouldn't be inspired by him in alter bridge... if anything i'm inspired by him even more, now he's actually playing to his full potential... how can you be inspired by someone when they're not doing their best, but yet not be inspired when they are???

not trying to say tremo did a half-assed job in creed, it's just with creed he had to tone his stuff down to suit the music. he did an awesome job doing what needed to be done in creed, but he raised that bar with alter bridge.

Creed7352
11-02-2005, 03:35 AM
are you insinuating that i don't like stapp but only ab? or were you referring to geletmote? cause i've said countless times that while i think stapp is an ass he was part of creed and creed was my favorite band for almost 10 years so of course i'll be listening to his stuff. anything i offer up on the songs is just honest opinion and reactions to hearing them on my part.

Creed7352
11-02-2005, 03:38 AM
oh and marcos, thank you, yes i haven't changed my screen name because i've had this one for close to 10 years (while creed was a band) and not only do people know me by this moniker, but it's habitual to type it out and keeps things easier for me when i'm signing up for stuff and other bb's and such to just keep the same name. no changing of names on other bb's so people won't know it's me and i can post shit about a certain person...no, none of that coming from me. (i'm not saying you are geletmote, but there are others that do...and i'm sure they'll read this and that is what i'm going for.)

The Lithium
11-02-2005, 04:47 AM
Relax guys! Gelemote was just making a joke! And I don't think anyone is trying to insult anybody...

HuMaN~ClAy
11-02-2005, 09:49 AM
Relax guys! Gelemote was just making a joke! And I don't think anyone is trying to insult anybody...

yea, sorry if i offended anyone, i didn't mean to. And Creed7352, no, none of that was directed towards you, i know where you stand on creed... i was just talking to geletmote... and geletmote, i'm sorry if i pissed you off, i honestly did not mean to...

geletmote
11-02-2005, 10:15 AM
i dunno... it just doesn't make sense to me that someone could like creed so much, but then when they split up only support one of the former members... and geletmote, if you were inspired by tremo while he was in creed i don't see why you wouldn't be inspired by him in alter bridge... if anything i'm inspired by him even more, now he's actually playing to his full potential... how can you be inspired by someone when they're not doing their best, but yet not be inspired when they are???

not trying to say tremo did a half-assed job in creed, it's just with creed he had to tone his stuff down to suit the music. he did an awesome job doing what needed to be done in creed, but he raised that bar with alter bridge.

Yeh look, I know wat ur trying to say, that now I should be inspired by him even more, but that is wat I think made him and creed so successeful, have u ever thougt of the idea of mark not playing to his full potential as a BUSINESS, he would make his mark with creed and give a tease of wat his got so people can keep keep expecting a lil more and more from him, he didnt hit full pelt for a reason, waht you think his not man enough to tell stapp Im gonna make a mad ass solo?? Aucorse he is, his Mark Tremonti. now that hes gone full pelt were else is there for him to go on the guitar, stapp doest know shit about guitar or anything but my theory he was doin him a unconcious favour.

geletmote
11-02-2005, 10:19 AM
well... he has a reputation since the first Creed boards popped up, way before Alter Bridge was created. There's no need to change it since people know him as Creed7532.

And despite he likes AB better than Creed, it doesn't mean he dislikes Creed.

It was a spur of the moment joke, no need to anaylze it man.

Creed7352
11-02-2005, 11:49 AM
i'll say this about the "where else is there for him to go on guitar" comment...he can get better and learn more!! which is what i would love to see cause i play and wish i could play like him and srv and hendrix.

ctfan
11-02-2005, 12:07 PM
this cd should easily sell platinum.

I think so too. :)

titan9
11-02-2005, 12:38 PM
I think whether it sells platinum or not largely depends on if one of the singles released becomes a big hit. If, say, TGD garners some good airplay on both pop and rock radio, I can see the album selling platinum. Radio play almost always dictates the amount of sales an artist has.