Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
"Creed morphed into Scott Stapp" [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : "Creed morphed into Scott Stapp"

Bridge of Clay
10-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Another quote from the classy, high-roader mate of ours...

They asked if Scott had a band. Scott said that over the years "Creed morphed into Scott Stapp" and that "just the players changed" Scott said as far as writing (lyrics and music), nothing has really changed and said that about 20% to 25% of his new stuff was a contribution from the guys - guitar riffs, drum parts, etc.. (Scott did not mention GB by name yet).

ETA: Ok, just one more thing coz I need to be fair. It just came to my knowledge that in the same interview Stapp said he still loves Mark and Flip. (11/03/2005).

titan9
10-26-2005, 02:49 PM
Well, ya know, I'm obviously not too thrilled with some of the smack talk that he has been making lately. It sucks that he is, well, I hate to say it, a bit "full" of himself. I guess I'm just going to try to judge him by his music, and not the sometimes idiotic(for lack of a better word) things he says.

Ana4Stapp
10-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Well I hate to say it...but I think hes acting (saying those things) this way to get some promotion to his album.... :rolleyes:

Bridge of Clay
10-26-2005, 03:10 PM
just a bit??? lol

Everyday Stapp does his best to lose his non die-hard fans that are still willing to give him another chance.

titan9
10-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Haha, alright, so it appears that he is ALOT full of himself. :laugh: Anyway, I am reserving judgment as far as his solo career is concerned. I will judge him by his music, not by the stupid things he has(and probably will continue to) said.

TeriB19
10-26-2005, 05:59 PM
He's quickly becoming a legend in his own mind.

Dogstar
10-26-2005, 06:12 PM
:laugh: Indeed!

Unforgiven Fan
10-26-2005, 10:17 PM
that is pr talk...he is trying to get the creed people to buy his album...and in a way putting down flip, tremo, and brian for the contributions to creed and now alterbridge...hes full of himself and I do not like him because of that but I will give his music a chance....

Mr.CreedFreakTN
10-26-2005, 11:13 PM
I use to wish that Creed would be back together, but not anymore Myles is so much better than Scott. You know Myles had nothing but nice things to say about Scott. I'll give his music a chance, but I support Alter Bridge.

Agent D
10-26-2005, 11:37 PM
It's sad and pathetic. He is merely fullfilling all the negative things people used to say about him.

ctfan
10-26-2005, 11:54 PM
Another quote from the classy, high-roader mate of ours...

Well sure it morphed into Scott Stapp. It was all about him, the entire Weathered tour was based on whether or not he could perform, he got slammed at every turn, was cut down, cut up, and dissected.

AB even made Creed about him. So yea, I can see where he would make a statement like that. He's got my full support. Besides, it's good therapy for him to get it all out. :)

ElektrikBluz
10-27-2005, 12:14 AM
It's just such a damned shame what pride and egos can do to what was once a brotherhood. :(

I was checking out an old NYROCK interview with Mark Tremonti from 1999, and this is what Mark had to say about the band (including Stapp, of course), back then:

NYROCK:
You guys seemed to have adjusted to the fame rather well. How do you manage to get along with all the touring and recording?

MARK:
We're like four brothers. Our management consists of friends. Most of the people on our label are friends, and it's a far better and easier way to work. I can't imagine what it would be like if it would be all just business. We can fight one minute and get along a moment later. Nobody takes anything wrong and we all understand and know each other.

I don't know if all the truth will ever be known about what brought about their falling out, but I would imagine there was enough blame to go around on all sides. :samurai:

Bridge of Clay
10-27-2005, 08:07 AM
Well sure it morphed into Scott Stapp. It was all about him, the entire Weathered tour was based on whether or not he could perform, he got slammed at every turn, was cut down, cut up, and dissected.

AB even made Creed about him. So yea, I can see where he would make a statement like that. He's got my full support. Besides, it's good therapy for him to get it all out. :)
pffffftttt!

I feel sorry for you.

ctfan
10-27-2005, 09:28 AM
pffffftttt!

I feel sorry for you.

Well, to be honest with you, I don't care what you think. :D It's my opinion, and I like it. Besides, I'm not trying to change yours, so why should you give a damn.

Bridge of Clay
10-27-2005, 11:26 AM
You're entitled to it.

But can't a man worry about his board mates when they're astray?

The Lithium
10-27-2005, 05:11 PM
just a bit??? lol

Everyday Stapp does his best to lose his non die-hard fans that are still willing to give him another chance.
How come when you make a comment like that people respect it as your opinion. But as soon as I open my mouth it's a total chaos?

Mrprophetman
10-27-2005, 09:54 PM
You're entitled to it.

THEN CONSIDER ME ASTRAY TOO, THEN.

Tremontixriffs
10-28-2005, 11:14 PM
Dude I totally agree it is good therapy, I mean if you listen to half the lyrics from a alterbride song they are ripping on stapp, in the songs they call out his drinking lying ways and slam him from every direction...I like both AB and Stapp and this whole thing is rediculous. Maybe if Mark spent less time promoting baseball on his blog and more time playing we might have another alterbride CD instead of One day remains tour part 6...two years later.... As far as stapp he still a ass for his part in ruining creed, but you dont have to love the artist to appreciate the music and his album sounds pretty thourough, I enjoyed sorround me and Fight Song...good effort...

Bridge of Clay
10-29-2005, 09:03 AM
shut up, dude! pay attention to what you're saying... get the facts straights before stating an opinion like that.

Tremo and Myles are writing constantly... They just recorded a new song all instrumental for Total Guitar, they have a bunch of finished or ideas for new songs. They already said they'll hit studio in March to release the album by the end of next summer in US.

two years is the time most bands take in between albums.

geletmote
10-29-2005, 09:11 AM
Dude I totally agree it is good therapy, I mean if you listen to half the lyrics from a alterbride song they are ripping on stapp, in the songs they call out his drinking lying ways and slam him from every direction...I like both AB and Stapp and this whole thing is rediculous. Maybe if Mark spent less time promoting baseball on his blog and more time playing we might have another alterbride CD instead of One day remains tour part 6...two years later.... As far as stapp he still a ass for his part in ruining creed, but you dont have to love the artist to appreciate the music and his album sounds pretty thourough, I enjoyed sorround me and Fight Song...good effort...

I agree with you mate, totallyy...lol one day remains tour x 6 hahah so true

Tremontixriffs
10-29-2005, 09:16 AM
Dude,
I got my facts straight both sides are stupid for what has happened to creed. I like AB , but prefer stapps lyraical sound as compared to myles rants of 80's music past. If by listening to the sample of fight son it is not more ever appearant that Stapp does not need his former bandmates to be successful as where alterbridge can sure as hell use a new lead singer...because miles just doesn't cut it..Yeah AB had a few decent songs but nothing that would make you think that they were anything more than a mediocre throwback rock band.. Stapp will have a heck of a solo career and as much as it pains me to say It because I am a big fan of tremonti's, after hearing the guitar work and drums I really don't thimk stapp needs his ex bandmates...I mean sorround me and fight song sounded great and tremonti wasnt even playing in it.You can say what you want about his comments on the radio about AB , but he's right he wrote the lyrics that rocketed creed to the charts and It is amazing how he was able to reproduce creeds sound without those guys being there as where myles who is a good singer just really can't cut it to bring alter bridge to the forefront of really successful bands. Im not knocking myles he has a good voice but he;s a drop in the bucket when trying to replace Platinum sound that Stapp has..period!

The Lithium
10-29-2005, 09:49 AM
Dude,
I got my facts straight both sides are stupid for what has happened to creed.
You don't use facts! You're explaining your opinion!

Tremontixriffs
10-29-2005, 09:51 AM
Okay its my opininion!!

uncertaindrumer
10-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Ya know, I have been telling people that this is what Scott Stapp is like for a LONG time and you all know its true, so I'm not one to say I told you so but:

I totally told you so!

Wow. What a piece of nonsense. Get your head out of his butt, would you?

Sorry if that crosses any invisible line because I really am not trying to insult anyone but COME ON. If you can justify this, and spew crap about how ODR is about Stapp (give me a break), you really DO think the guy is a god, and when one thinks the biggest moron in music is a god... one needs help.

geletmote
10-29-2005, 11:13 AM

Sorry if that crosses any invisible line because I really am not trying to insult anyone but COME ON. If you can justify this, and spew crap about how ODR is about Stapp (give me a break), you really DO think the guy is a god, and when one thinks the biggest moron in music is a god... one needs help.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt call him a moron, nor a god, simply talented. whether u like it or not.

Tremontixriffs
10-29-2005, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=not.[/QUOTE]
Okay this is for Uncertain:

References to Stapp in One Day remains:

1)Find the real-
And all that I've taken
I hunger for more
Cause I'm selfish
And all I'm left with
Is a crown of thorns
And I'm helpless...This is probably a reference to Stapp and his work on Passion of the christ and how he's got nothing else now.

2)There's a face I put on
All my life
The face of an angel
I look in the mirror
Only to find
The face of a stranger...This is obviously another stab at stapp and how he supposively pretends to be someone he's not.

Thats just one song do you want me to keep going....cause I will tear into evry song...So you see AB does take quite a few jabs at Stapp on this album they just do it in a less obvious way !

HuMaN~ClAy
10-29-2005, 01:28 PM

1)Find the real-
And all that I've taken
I hunger for more
Cause I'm selfish
And all I'm left with
Is a crown of thorns
And I'm helpless...This is probably a reference to Stapp and his work on Passion of the christ and how he's got nothing else now.

All my life
The face of an angel
I look in the mirror
Only to find
The face of a stranger...This is obviously another stab at stapp and how he supposively pretends to be someone he's not.

Thats just one song do you want me to keep going....cause I will tear into evry song...So you see AB does take quite a few jabs at Stapp on this album they just do it in a less obvious way !

well your first comment about FTR can just be thrown out the window cus FTR was written before Stapp even did anything with The Passion.... I would guess that these lyrics mean that he always wanted more with creed, and finally it all came crashing down (end of creed/death of his mother), and that all he has left is his spiritual side, which he turned to a little more when his mother passed away.

and your second comment may very well be what he's saying, but i highly doubt it... this is a very universal theme and can apply to 1000's of different situations, and since tremonti has never actually said anything about this i think your chances of guessing what it actually means are very slim, you're supposed to find your own meaning in the lyrics....

Dogstar
10-29-2005, 01:52 PM
and your second comment may very well be what he's saying, but i highly doubt it... this is a very universal theme and can apply to 1000's of different situations, and since tremonti has never actually said anything about this i think your chances of guessing what it actually means are very slim, you're supposed to find your own meaning in the lyrics....

"The songs are about things that we were thinking and we
wrote 'em down, and when you listen to 'em, whatever you
think it's about...THAT'S what it's about!"

-- Layne Staley

geletmote
10-30-2005, 05:32 AM
[QUOTE=not.

1)Find the real-
And all that I've taken
I hunger for more
Cause I'm selfish
And all I'm left with
Is a crown of thorns

All my life
The face of an angel
I look in the mirror
Only to find

Thats just one song do you want me to keep going....cause I will tear into evry song...So you see AB does take quite a few jabs at Stapp on this album they just do it in a less obvious way ![/QUOTE]

Keep goin Id love to hear more stabs at stapp AB take in their songs, honestly give me some more..

uncertaindrumer
10-30-2005, 10:28 AM
*rolls eyes ludicrously far back into head*

Give me a break. I could take ANY FREAKING SONG EVER and somehow twist its meaning to being about Stapp if I wanted to. That doesn't mean it is. Your attempts at making these things look like songs written about Stapp are downright hilarious.

uncertaindrumer
10-30-2005, 10:29 AM
*Rolls eyes ludicrously far back into head*

Wow. Your just geniuses aren't you? You can take super general songs and fit them to your own meaning? Amazing.

Give me a break.

Mrprophetman
10-30-2005, 01:55 PM
Ya know, I have been telling people that this is what Scott Stapp is like for a LONG time and you all know its true, so I'm not one to say I told you so but:
I totally told you so!

Sorry if that crosses any invisible line because I really am not trying to insult anyone but COME ON. If you can justify this, and spew crap about how ODR is about Stapp (give me a break), you really DO think the guy is a god, and when one thinks the biggest moron in music is a god... one needs help.

I didn't get that anyone was saying ODR was about Stapp, though I've read that Alter Bridge has actually admitted it about some songs. I think the poster was saying that Alter Bridge made everything negative about Creed about Stapp. Hell they have been talking smack about the guy for over a year now. Not a real good way to promote yourself. When every interview they do, they talk negatively about an ex-member, then they ARE making it all about Stapp. Though they never seem to remember that their collaboration with Stapp made them rich men.

TeriB19
10-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
Merrily merrily merrily merrily
life is but a dream.

I'm thinking this song was written about how Stapp was in the rowboat in the My Sacrifice video and how he was gliding through the water and he was happy and his life was dreamy.

For heaven's sake, any lyrics to any song can be taken to mean any freaking thing!!! Stop trying to fuel the us vs. them argument, it's so old.

The Lithium
10-30-2005, 04:30 PM
Haha, I think you should just started listen to Alter Bridge as Alter Bridge. And by saying that I mean that you should listen to Alter Bridge like any other band, and not trying to search for hidden "hating-Stapp"-messanges. I think Mark and Myles are just trying to tell a story here, and I'm sure they don't wanna stab Stapp in the back. Well, Myles really has no reason to.

Mrprophetman
10-30-2005, 06:08 PM
Haha, I think you should just started listen to Alter Bridge as Alter Bridge. And by saying that I mean that you should listen to Alter Bridge like any other band, and not trying to search for hidden "hating-Stapp"-messanges. I think Mark and Myles are just trying to tell a story here, and I'm sure they don't wanna stab Stapp in the back. Well, Myles really has no reason to.

I really wouldn't care to know the meaning behind any Alter Bridge song. Like I said, they don't have a message as far as I'm concerned, so I don't listen to them AS anything.

Dogstar
10-30-2005, 06:09 PM
Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
life is but a dream.

I'm thinking this song was written about how Stapp was in the rowboat in the My Sacrifice video and how he was gliding through the water and he was happy and his life was dreamy.

For heaven's sake, any lyrics to any song can be taken to mean any freaking thing!!! Stop trying to fuel the us vs. them argument, it's so old.

LOL, right on!

Bridge of Clay
10-30-2005, 11:00 PM
LOL @ Teri!!!

Dude... Mark had the chorus for Find The Real... he showed it up to Myles one night and on the next morning Myles had finished writing it! He did all of the verses and the bridge. How can be Myles talking about Stapp???

as for "crown of thorns", correct me if I'm wrong but it's just an expression... Myles grew up in church, I'm sure he heard it a ton of times.

Bridge of Clay
10-30-2005, 11:13 PM
1. Reach Out
2. Fight Song
3. Hard Way
4. Justify
5. Let Me Go
6. Surround Me
7. The Great Divide
8. Sublime
9. You Will Soar
10. Broken

I can get those 10 songs and make them related to Alter Bridge as well... You'll get the idea but I won't bother to do it right now...

uncertaindrumer
10-31-2005, 08:33 AM
LOL @ Teri!!!

Dude... Mark had the chorus for Find The Real... he showed it up to Myles one night and on the next morning Myles had finished writing it! He did all of the verses and the bridge. How can be Myles talking about Stapp???

as for "crown of thorns", correct me if I'm wrong but it's just an expression... Myles grew up in church, I'm sure he heard it a ton of times.

Really? That is so funny. I have always said that FTR's verses are the best lyrics on the album, and the chorus is one of the worst on the album... lol

titan9
10-31-2005, 11:24 AM
I love FTR's verses. Very lyrically good, as well as musicially. The chorus is decent, but the verses/bridge are certainly a whole lot better, imo.

geletmote
10-31-2005, 09:17 PM
LOL @ Teri!!!

Just goes to show Myles work ethic not alot compared to stapp..

uncertaindrumer
11-01-2005, 09:27 PM
^That is the most backwards thing I have heard in a LONG time. Bad work ethic=not finishing the song for three months.

Good work ethic=finishing it over night. ESPECIALLY considering it completely blows out of the water ANYTHING Stapp EVER wrote.

Trimontana
11-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Row row row your boat
Gently down the stream
life is but a dream.

Teri you are a star.

The lyrics are so bad, like a little kid wrote them.

Bridge of Clay
11-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Just goes to show Myles work ethic not alot compared to stapp..
are you sure you meant it? coz it makes no sense... it's like comparing apples to oranges...

and yet, what part of "it has nothing to do with Stapp" you didn't understand?

The Lithium
11-02-2005, 05:13 AM
First of all!! GOOD JOB TERI!!! :D

I really wouldn't care to know the meaning behind any Alter Bridge song.
What do you care about then? I'm sorry to bring this up, but you are one hell of a boring person to have an argument with since you only say: "I honestly don't care what you think" or "I don't care to know the meanings behind any songs". In the theard where Marcos, (Bridge of Clay), made the joke about you being a grandpa you must have used the phrase "I don't care" a million times! Do you care about anything besides from yourself?

Like I said, they don't have a message as far as I'm concerned, so I don't listen to them AS anything.
If you start listening to the songs with the thought in the back of your head that they don't have any messanges I'm sure you won't find many. And also... If you don't listen to them, how can you be so sure they don't have any?

I can get those 10 songs and make them related to Alter Bridge as well... You'll get the idea but I won't bother to do it right now...
Yeah, that's easy!

geletmote
11-02-2005, 10:29 AM
Teri you are a star.

The lyrics are so bad, like a little kid wrote them.

Why do u think the Row ur boat lyrics are so bad, and whats wrong if a little kid did write them? I think their great lyrics look how long their been around for. I want to hear ur reason why there so bad?

ctfan
11-02-2005, 10:30 AM
You're entitled to it.

Awww, I really do appreciate the concern, but it's not really necessary. Don't think of me as going astray...but think of it as, ummm the two of us having a difference of opinion.

Besides, I kinda like my way of thinking. It's more positive. :D

ctfan
11-02-2005, 11:13 AM

I totally told you so!

Oh geez, were is the love??

First of all, why you thought I actually listened when you you gave your explanation of what Stapp was like, I have not the first clue. I form my own opinions based on what I read from any particular artist, and not what some fan/non-fan/hater/critic has to say, k?

You took what I posted and ran with it didn't ya ud?? Just ran off into the wild blue yonder. For the love of all things holy, man I was talking about AB's INTERVIEWS, not the lyrics to ODR.

Since AB's inception, that's all 3 of the members have talked about. Success and failure, they turned Creed into Scott Stapp. From the lyics to Creed cd's all the way down to the break up, and everything in-between.

So there, hope that satifies the conclusions you jumped to. Oh, btw, about my head and were it might possibly be...you can pretty much bank on the fact that it won't be up your butt. :D

uncertaindrumer
11-02-2005, 10:12 PM
:rolleyes:

What's the point of arguing anymore.

Althoguh as a sidenote I will agree AB talked way too much about Stapp... they gave him too much credibility.

The Lithium
11-03-2005, 03:21 AM
Awww, I really do appreciate the concern, but it's not really necessary. Don't think of me as going astray...but think of it as, ummm the two of us having a difference of opinion.
Dude, you have been astraied! Listen to the album, Scott did NOT morph into Creed! The Great Divide proves it! I think Creed was a bit heavier, in a mysterious kind of way.

geletmote
11-03-2005, 04:42 AM
Dude, you have been astraied! Listen to the album, Scott did NOT morph into Creed! The Great Divide proves it! I think Creed was a bit heavier, in a mysterious kind of way.

Define that mysteriousness..

The Lithium
11-03-2005, 05:10 AM
Define that mysteriousness..
Say I... Do I have to say any more than that?

Bridge of Clay
11-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Ok, just one more thing coz I need to be fair. It just came to my knowledge that in the same interview Stapp said he still loves Mark and Flip. I'll edit the first post with that as well.

revisfoot
11-04-2005, 01:42 PM
You know, I actually think Scott has finally gotten tired of seeing all the terrible things his former bandmates have all said about him. I mean, that's all Tremonti & Co. have said, that Stapp was the worst thing the music industry ever encountered, yadda yada. So, perhaps he's done with taking this high road, and showing the darker side of Tremo and his boys. It's all politics, but you have to admit, Stapp tried to take the high road when AB bashed him the entire time.

INDIGOSTEVE
11-04-2005, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=revisfoot]You know, I actually think Scott has finally gotten tired of seeing all the terrible things his former bandmates have all said about him. I mean, that's all Tremonti & Co. have said, that Stapp was the worst thing the music industry ever encountered, yadda yada. So, perhaps he's done with taking this high road, and showing the darker side of Tremo and his boys. It's all politics, but you have to admit, Stapp tried to take the high road when AB bashed him the entire time.[/QUOTE
sometimes you just have to let it go, life is to short!

Bridge of Clay
11-04-2005, 01:58 PM
or maybe he was just afraid to "counter attack" since he knows they could end his career if they wanted to???

Faceless_Man
11-04-2005, 02:06 PM
or maybe he was just afraid to "counter attack" since he knows they could end his career if they wanted to???

Tremonti and Co. end Scott's career??!?! Are you insane? They wouldnt have a career if it wasnt for him.

Bridge of Clay
11-04-2005, 02:17 PM
You sure? :rolleyes

titan9
11-04-2005, 02:33 PM
I kinda find it hard that they could "end" his career. I mean, really, what allegations could they possibly make to end it? Are they gonna say that he lip synchs? Or that he didn't write any of the Creed lyrics? Or that he's the world's worst person? I know, I know, I don't know the "whole" story. But I just find it really hard to believe. That's just me, though. Personally, I'd rather focus on his solo career than the past. JMHO.

Bridge of Clay
11-04-2005, 03:04 PM
I kinda find it hard that they could "end" his career. I mean, really, what allegations could they possibly make to end it? Are they gonna say that he lip synchs? Or that he didn't write any of the Creed lyrics? Or that he's the world's worst person? I know, I know, I don't know the "whole" story. But I just find it really hard to believe. That's just me, though. Personally, I'd rather focus on his solo career than the past. JMHO.
I don't know either... but that's what Jeff Hanson said.

titan9
11-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Hmm, interesting. Well, nonetheless, I'd prefer to focus on the more positive things, like the good album Stapp is putting out on Nov 22nd.

Speaking of Hanson, I was recently on Ebay, looking at some auctions. I found one for a Creed Gold Sales Award for My Own Prison. Ironically, it was presented to Hanson. Apparently he is selling some of his Creed stuff? http://cgi.ebay.com/CREED-RIAA-MY-OWN-PRISON-FIRST-GOLD-SALES-AWARD_W0QQitemZ7558811289QQcategoryZ104712QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The Lithium
11-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Wow, I'd love to have that one on my wall!!

titan9
11-04-2005, 04:58 PM
Same here. The price seems to be reasonable. You'd think that, with how big Creed was, the price would be much higher. In addition to that plaque, there are other ones for MOP(and probably the other albums) up for auction on Ebay.

The Lithium
11-05-2005, 05:46 AM
Well, that "Human Clay 10 Millions copies"-plaque is nothing I can afford. Although it's frickin' hoooot!!

The Lithium
11-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Tremonti and Co. end Scott's career??!?! Are you insane? They wouldnt have a career if it wasnt for him.
No, no, no, newbie! What Marcos, (Bridge of Clay), meant is that Stapp has done enough of crap, we don't know of, that AB could easily end his career by telling the media all the shit he did back in Creed.

ctfan
11-06-2005, 03:47 PM
:rolleyes:

What's the point of arguing anymore.

Althoguh as a sidenote I will agree AB talked way too much about Stapp... they gave him too much credibility.

You were making a point??

Hey, all I did was come to this thread and post an opinion based on the topic. Who you were arguing with, I haven't a clue.

Btw, hope you haven't had any heads hanging around your butt...that'd be a damn shame. :D

ctfan
11-06-2005, 03:57 PM

Dude!! Read the header of this thread. It says: "Creed morphed into Scott Stapp"

Creed man, Creed. It doesn't say anything about Stapp morphing into Creed. Pay attention there Lith.

ctfan
11-06-2005, 04:01 PM
Hmm, interesting. Well, nonetheless, I'd prefer to focus on the more positive things, like the good album Stapp is putting out on Nov 22nd.

Speaking of Hanson, I was recently on Ebay, looking at some auctions. I found one for a Creed Gold Sales Award for My Own Prison. Ironically, it was presented to Hanson. Apparently he is selling some of his Creed stuff? http://cgi.ebay.com/CREED-RIAA-MY-OWN-PRISON-FIRST-GOLD-SALES-AWARD_W0QQitemZ7558811289QQcategoryZ104712QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wow. Just goes to show whe he thinks of Creed's success, not to mention his own. I guess Hanson is hard up, and needs the money.

ctfan
11-06-2005, 04:03 PM
I don't know either... but that's what Jeff Hanson said.

Oh my god, that's hilarious! Hanson said that?? The same guy who has his shit up for sale on E-bay....LMAO!!!!!!!!

titan9
11-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Yeah, that's kinda why I find it hard to believe. I mean, if someone else close to the band said that, I'd have an easier time believing it. But not someone who has (a) quit managing AB and (b) put his Creed-related stuff up for auction on Ebay. Like you said, Ct, it seems he needs some money. Maybe he is making this stuff up about AB being able to "end" Stapp's career only for the potential money he could make off the story.

Bridge of Clay
11-06-2005, 04:32 PM
Oh my god, that's hilarious! Hanson said that?? The same guy who has his shit up for sale on E-bay....LMAO!!!!!!!!
Yep, the same guy who made Creed.

ctfan
11-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Yeah, that's kinda why I find it hard to believe. I mean, if someone else close to the band said that, I'd have an easier time believing it. But not someone who has (a) quit managing AB and (b) put his Creed-related stuff up for auction on Ebay. Like you said, Ct, it seems he needs some money. Maybe he is making this stuff up about AB being able to "end" Stapp's career only for the potential money he could make off the story.

Thanks titan, I agree w/you. I've never liked Hanson...and I guess I shouldn't say that because I don't know the man, but he's just always kinda struck me as a money hungry type of guy.

If he in fact fed that line to Tremo & co. about ending Stapp's career and they then fed it a little at the time to the media through the interviews they gave before he quit being their manager in order to up his ante...he's a dick.

Bridge of Clay
11-06-2005, 04:38 PM
He said that way before Alter Bridge released the album. Actually it was on the week before OYE was released.

Just in case I missed something, how do you know he's selling it? Hard Rock Cafe also has copies of the platinum thing... and even if it's Hanson, he's starting his own business, what's wrong in leveraging some capital ? Maybe the ones here who are rich enough to clean the ass with 100 dollar bills can take a laugh at him, but that's not my case...

titan9
11-06-2005, 05:04 PM
It says it was "presented" to Hanson, basically meaning that it was his plaque. I'm assuming that he is letting the Ebay guy auction it off for him for the money. And I never said that I was laughing about him selling it. Believe me, I am not rich. All I'm saying is that he seems a bit desperate for cash, and because of that, I'm going to take what he says with a grain of salt. That's just my opinion.

Mrprophetman
11-06-2005, 08:04 PM
It says it was "presented" to Hanson, basically meaning that it was his plaque. I'm assuming that he is letting the Ebay guy auction it off for him for the money. And I never said that I was laughing about him selling it. Believe me, I am not rich. All I'm saying is that he seems a bit desperate for cash, and because of that, I'm going to take what he says with a grain of salt. That's just my opinion.

Maybe he thinks the National Enquirer will call him up and offer him cash for some dirt. You know if I managed the biggest band of the last decade, no matter how much I needed the moolah, I wouldn't sell my gold and platinum records. If he's actually that hard up, wouldn't that be some Karma?

Bridge of Clay
11-06-2005, 08:36 PM
that part was directed at ctfan, not you. You're good.

titan9
11-06-2005, 08:54 PM
I know, man, I was just justifying what I said before. I didn't want others to think that I was this guy who acts all high and mighty, and laughs at those who sell things online for money. Thanks for the compliment, though. You're good as well. :)

rainfall
11-07-2005, 01:22 AM

No, You don't have your facts straight! Do a little research, or maybe just talk to the guys and ask them whats up. They would tell you straight up why they decided to tour for 2 years and if they are indeed actually writing songs, which real musicians are constantly trying to improve which is why bands continue to write music. This is how a band grows together and improves. Comments like this show people just how vulnerable your knowledge span of the band is and the musicians that molded it.

rainfall
11-07-2005, 01:36 AM
Dude,
I got my facts straight both sides are stupid for what has happened to creed. I like AB , but prefer stapps lyraical sound as compared to myles rants of 80's music past. If by listening to the sample of fight son it is not more ever appearant that Stapp does not need his former bandmates to be successful as where alterbridge can sure as hell use a new lead singer...because miles just doesn't cut it..Yeah AB had a few decent songs but nothing that would make you think that they were anything more than a mediocre throwback rock band.. Stapp will have a heck of a solo career and as much as it pains me to say It because I am a big fan of tremonti's, after hearing the guitar work and drums I really don't thimk stapp needs his ex bandmates...I mean sorround me and fight song sounded great and tremonti wasnt even playing in it.You can say what you want about his comments on the radio about AB , but he's right he wrote the lyrics that rocketed creed to the charts and It is amazing how he was able to reproduce creeds sound without those guys being there as where myles who is a good singer just really can't cut it to bring alter bridge to the forefront of really successful bands. Im not knocking myles he has a good voice but he;s a drop in the bucket when trying to replace Platinum sound that Stapp has..period!

First give enough respect to check your spelling on the name of a man/musician you are trying to knock down. And what makes you think that Scott Stapp is going to have a leg up regarding success, All the men of Creed will have to start from ground zero in that respect. Maybe, the men of Creed should search for a different meaning to the word success, maybe that is what Alterbridge is doing, and I can only hope that Scott Stapp can find a new meaning because apparently the old definition wasn't working for him either. If Scott Stapp wants to really earn the respect he has lost as a person and vocalist he is going to need to do something different that "reproduce" what he has already done. Repeating shows no growth, change, or desire to improve. And if you highly regard Scott's solo career because he recreates the sound that Creed put forth, I would charge you with ignorance to the real meaning of music, nor are you a musician.

The Lithium
11-07-2005, 11:16 AM
What the fuck does it matter? Are you trying to use that as a good argument? Creed owe all their success to Jeff! Thanks to his sharp tour schedule Creed had their big break-out. And still... Jeff have been with Creed through all these years, I think he knows the truth better than you.

Yep, the same guy who made Creed.
See... ctfan... COOL IT!!!

Dogstar
11-07-2005, 12:55 PM
I think the tour schedule did them in, especially the Weathered tour. Scott's voice was pretty shot by the end of it. I'm not a big fan of Hanson.

The Lithium
11-07-2005, 01:19 PM
I think the tour schedule did them in, especially the Weathered tour. Scott's voice was pretty shot by the end of it. I'm not a big fan of Hanson.
I meant the schedule for the My Own Prison tour

titan9
11-07-2005, 01:31 PM

Agreed. They really pushed the band wayyyy too hard on that final tour. It screwed up Stapp's vocals. If he was really bad off because of the schedule and car wreck, Hanson should have known better than to make him continue to tour like that. I know, Stapp probably could have stood up for himself and refused, but I believe him when he said he was taking one for the team. I think Hanson probably pressured him into it. I may be wrong, but that's what I think.

Dogstar
11-07-2005, 01:55 PM
Oh, the pressures of the contract, obligation and money were probably ridiculous. Still, I wish he could have told them to f*ck off, but then again, people still would have complained had they canceled the tour after his accident.

titan9
11-07-2005, 02:06 PM
Completely agree with you on that. There's just no pleasing everyone.

The Lithium
11-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Stapp have said he was forced to it... But then again he said we was only taking one for the team... If he was forced to it he HAD to do it. If he only was taking one for the team it was his decision and he could've said no.

Faceless_Man
11-08-2005, 01:18 PM
Stapp have said he was forced to it... But then again he said we was only taking one for the team... If he was forced to it he HAD to do it. If he only was taking one for the team it was his decision and he could've said no.

Uhhh...maybe read between the lines a little.
Maybe he FELT he was forced to take one for the team. What would you do if your other band members and unfinshed tour depended on it. If you were a good frontman, you'd continue on, even if you felt you couldnt. No one could flat out force him to do anything.

Bridge of Clay
11-08-2005, 03:12 PM
there's always an excuse for Stappy...

ctfan
11-08-2005, 03:15 PM
He said that way before Alter Bridge released the album. Actually it was on the week before OYE was released.

Just in case I missed something, how do you know he's selling it? Hard Rock Cafe also has copies of the platinum thing... and even if it's Hanson, he's starting his own business, what's wrong in leveraging some capital ? Maybe the ones here who are rich enough to clean the ass with 100 dollar bills can take a laugh at him, but that's not my case...

No, I can't "clean my ass with 100 dollar bills", but it would be grand if I could. :D

titan9
11-08-2005, 03:18 PM
I dunno, man, but I've been reading some stuff today(that may or may not be true) regarding Stapp....and maybe Hanson wasn't lying about Flip/Mark being able to end Stapp's career. I'm not going to say anything negative, nor am I going to say where I read the stuff, because I am still a fan of the music and what I read could be a big fat lie. I just wanted to take back what I said earlier about finding Hanson hard to believe. Because if what I read is true....Hanson isn't that hard to believe. That's all I'm saying.

Faceless_Man
11-08-2005, 03:43 PM
there's always an excuse for Stappy...

Question: Are/Were you a fan of Creed? If so, you're very ungrateful.

titan9
11-08-2005, 03:49 PM
I think you can be a fan of an band/artist's music, but not a fan of the person behind it. You know the saying "worship the music, not the person"? I think that applies here.

ctfan
11-08-2005, 03:57 PM
What the fuck does it matter? Are you trying to use that as a good argument? Creed owe all their success to Jeff! Thanks to his sharp tour schedule Creed had their big break-out. And still... Jeff have been with Creed through all these years, I think he knows the truth better than you.

See... ctfan... COOL IT!!!

Four ambitious hard working young men made Creed successful.

uncertaindrumer
11-08-2005, 04:08 PM
Four ambitious hard working young men made Creed successful.

Hard working? Give me a break. This isn't just Creed, though. People in the music business don't know what hard work is, and anyone who tells you otherwise is just as ignorant.

ctfan
11-08-2005, 04:18 PM
I dunno, man, but I've been reading some stuff today(that may or may not be true) regarding Stapp....and maybe Hanson wasn't lying about Flip/Mark being able to end Stapp's career. I'm not going to say anything negative, nor am I going to say where I read the stuff, because I am still a fan of the music and what I read could be a big fat lie. I just wanted to take back what I said earlier about finding Hanson hard to believe. Because if what I read is true....Hanson isn't that hard to believe. That's all I'm saying.

This sudden revelation that Hanson said that Mark & Co could ruin Stapp's career is new to me, this is the first I've heard of it. Who he supposedly said it to, and who got the whole thing started, I don't know, but from what your saying it seems as if it's going to turn ugly, just as everything does.

So is this the reason why AB's interviews were so negative towards Stapp?? According to BoC, that statement was made the week OYE was released.

Hanson no longer manages AB, and he no longer manages Stapp. He got paid back ten-fold for his work with Creed, and he now has his things up for sale on E-bay. I guess it's karma time. My opinions of Hanson stand as they are.

titan9
11-08-2005, 04:33 PM
Well, some guys on here have been saying for a month(maybe more) that one of them talked to a guy close to the band(now apparently we know that it was Hanson) who said that Mark and Flip could ruin Scott's career if they wanted to. I didn't believe it, because it seems like a pretty ridiculous thing. However, I was reading a radio interview today(w/Stapp) that was done a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, I told my friend about something that Stapp said in the interview that I found to be a bit strange(FYI: a recap of the interview was posted at PBF not that long ago, and that is what I read) and my friend was kinda surprised by it. Anyway, he does this google search and pulls up something that, if true, completely changes my thoughts on the "Mark and Flip could ruin Stapp's career" thing. The thing that I read(and I do not want to start any rumors) was never posted about on here, but was briefly mentioned on PBF a few months back. There are signs that it could be true, and signs that it could be false(if that makes any sense). I'm not going to post the link or discuss it anymore, because I do not want to spread a potential lie(and it has not been confirmed as being true or false). But I'm sure if you looked at PBF, you might be able to find the topic, though the original post has been greatly edited.

Back to the original topic, though. Uncertain, maybe the guys behind Creed didn't work as hard as some bands do, but I know that the guys did work hard. Just because they didn't work as hard as some, that doesn't mean that they didn't work hard.

Steve
11-08-2005, 05:16 PM
First, regarding Hanson selling his Creed stuff - how do you use that to draw conclusions that (a) he's poor and needs money, and (b) it discredits any work he's done for Creed? And no one here even knows who is the actual seller of the plaque. You do realize that many of those plaques are given away to radio stations, in contests, etc. Lots of people have plaques like that, and they use it to make their own loot based on the prestiege of the item.

Secondly, let's stop all the speculation on what Hanson did or did not say regarding Creed, AB, and Stapp. Unless it's documented in an article, magazine, interview, or witnessed in person, it can't be proven. Keep the rumors and speculation off the forums.

The Lithium
11-08-2005, 05:16 PM
Uhhh...maybe read between the lines a little.
Maybe he FELT he was forced to take one for the team. What would you do if your other band members and unfinshed tour depended on it. If you were a good frontman, you'd continue on, even if you felt you couldnt. No one could flat out force him to do anything.
Dude, you need to chill... I was objective. I just said if he were forced to it, he had to do it. If the took one for the team, he made a decsision. But yes, I do think there'll always be an excuse for Stappy! But that's not what I said.

You need to chill and not acting like you own the place after posting 10 posts! Seriously... For your own best. Calm down a little bit, you'll just get yourself into trouble if you don't. I think Dogstar already told you to chill a little, huh?

And I would just like to add Steve's post was great, and I agree with it, almost to 100%. But I do think people should keep specualting, just maybe not in this amount.

titan9
11-08-2005, 05:37 PM
I agree, we do need to keep that speculation off the forums. The only reason I mentioned anything was to justify myself in saying that what Hanson said could be true. Great post, Steve.

Steve
11-08-2005, 06:53 PM
Just want to add that we all speculate based on what we've all seen and heard and derive our own, sometimes biased, opinions. And once in awhile we post on the forums. That's fine. I've done it myself in the past I'm sure. However when speculation and rumors take over the entire conversation, that's when it needs to stop. People are arguing over rumor and not fact so in essence, the arguments are pointless.

Creed7352
11-08-2005, 07:02 PM
myles rants of 80's music past.

you really should do some homework before spouting crap like that out...myles' influences come from the 60's and 70's, not the 80's...and also from jeff buckley (of the 90's)

uncertaindrumer
11-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Back to the original topic, though. Uncertain, maybe the guys behind Creed didn't work as hard as some bands do, but I know that the guys did work hard. Just because they didn't work as hard as some, that doesn't mean that they didn't work hard.

Playing music is not work. I suppose one could make the argument that touring is work, but I don't buy that. They get paid to do what others PAY to do.

uncertaindrumer
11-08-2005, 07:42 PM
you really should do some homework before spouting crap like that out...myles' influences come from the 60's and 70's, not the 80's...and also from jeff buckley (of the 90's)

Don't bother... he knows as much about singing as I know about golf.

Mrprophetman
11-08-2005, 09:38 PM

Didn't Hanson and his former bandmates already try to end Stapp's career...with the drug Prednisone? The guy is actually lucky to be alive and still be able to sing. All for the love of MONEY.

Steve
11-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Umm, are you saying that Hanson and Stapp's bandmates MADE Stapp take Prednisone? Woah...

Mrprophetman
11-08-2005, 11:55 PM
Umm, are you saying that Hanson and Stapp's bandmates MADE Stapp take Prednisone? Woah...

Did they hold him down and stick the needle in his throat...NO. But Stapp has done interviews that indicate that management was involved. And the bandmates don't fool me with that "we didn't know what was going on" crap. How can somebody be totally clueless when Stapp couldn't sing one night and then miraculously could sing the next night? Treated by a physician that can no longer practice medicine.

They wanted the tour to go on...they wanted to work...they have said that themselves in interviews. You would think that selling 7 million freaking copies of the CD would have been enough. But I guess when a concert brings in an easy million its hard to let it go.

You know....others here have accused people of having their heads shoved up certain other people's orifices. I don't think Phillips and Tremonti had that problem....they knew. They just didn't care. But then that's just my opinion.

Creed7352
11-09-2005, 03:16 AM
"scott stapp is a pathological fucking liar." --brian marshall

INDIGOSTEVE
11-09-2005, 03:48 AM
"scott stapp is a pathological fuking liar." --brian marshall
why are you putting this here? let it go already.

Bridge of Clay
11-09-2005, 06:31 AM
Question: Are/Were you a fan of Creed? If so, you're very ungrateful.
I'm a die-hard Creed fan.

But being a fan doesn't mean I have to make up excuses for Stapp. He's a grown man who can take responsability for his acts. If he wants to apologize or justify (no pun intended) his mistakes, he will. He doesn't need his fans advocating for him.

How about you? Are you a Creed fan? If so, then you're indeed ungrateful coz according to your logic, it's fine to bash Mark, Flip, Brian and Hanson. But if you say a word about all-mighty Stappy, then you deserve capital punishment... :rolleyes:

Bridge of Clay
11-09-2005, 06:32 AM
This sudden revelation that Hanson said that Mark & Co could ruin Stapp's career is new to me, this is the first I've heard of it. Who he supposedly said it to, and who got the whole thing started, I don't know, but from what your saying it seems as if it's going to turn ugly, just as everything does.

So is this the reason why AB's interviews were so negative towards Stapp?? According to BoC, that statement was made the week OYE was released.

Hanson no longer manages AB, and he no longer manages Stapp. He got paid back ten-fold for his work with Creed, and he now has his things up for sale on E-bay. I guess it's karma time. My opinions of Hanson stand as they are.
Just for the record and to close the discussion.

Jeff told a group of people from another board who reported it later.

stappissohot
11-09-2005, 11:28 AM
He's quickly becoming a legend in his own mind.
He doesn't need to become a legend in his own mind he already is.... he's one of the most underestimated singers I think of all time and if you people would just shut up and listen for a while you'd see that, and he is way better solo than he ever was with Creed, and if he says stupid things, well what? Don't we all? It just is worse for him because he's being interviewed....you don't even know him.... :mad:

The Lithium
11-09-2005, 11:47 AM
Just want to add that we all speculate based on what we've all seen and heard and derive our own, sometimes biased, opinions. And once in awhile we post on the forums. That's fine. I've done it myself in the past I'm sure. However when speculation and rumors take over the entire conversation, that's when it needs to stop. People are arguing over rumor and not fact so in essence, the arguments are pointless.
THAT I agree with to 100%! :D

Didn't Hanson and his former bandmates already try to end Stapp's career...with the drug Prednisone? The guy is actually lucky to be alive and still be able to sing. All for the love of MONEY.
No man, I think that was the doctors and Stapp's decision. Don't blame Hanson or AB for what the doctor did or Stapp hitting the wall or his mistakes or whatever. The man always had a decision. He could have canceled the tour. In the end you can't blame in on anyone but yourself. If you create your own prison - you are the only one who can get out it!

The Lithium
11-09-2005, 11:49 AM
He doesn't need to become a legend in his own mind he already is.... he's one of the most underestimated singers I think of all time and if you people would just shut up and listen for a while you'd see that, and he is way better solo than he ever was with Creed, and if he says stupid things, well what? Don't we all? It just is worse for him because he's being interviewed....you don't even know him.... :mad:
Come on... He's not better solo than in Creed, in Creed he could hit the notes. On The Great Divide he can't.

uncertaindrumer
11-09-2005, 11:51 AM
He doesn't need to become a legend in his own mind he already is....

Yes, in his own mind.

he's one of the most underestimated singers I think of all time

He is one of the most mediocre to below average singers of all time. There is NOTHING special about him and he often can't sing very well at all *coughhisnewalbumcough*

and if you people would just shut up and listen for a while you'd see that,

I have listened to him a ton. Everyone has. You couldn't escape his voice for about eight years.

and he is way better solo than he ever was with Creed,

No questioning that's wrong.

and if he says stupid things, well what? Don't we all?

Not as stupid as him.

Bridge of Clay
11-09-2005, 12:10 PM
He doesn't need to become a legend in his own mind he already is....

hahaha so you agree with Teri? ;)

he's one of the most underestimated singers I think of all time

no, he's not underestimated... nor overestimated.

and if you people would just shut up and listen for a while you'd see that, and he is way better solo than he ever was with Creed

Hellooooooooo... HUMAN CLAY!

and if he says stupid things, well what? Don't we all?

Yeah we do. And you do a lot.

It just is worse for him because he's being interviewed....you don't even know him.... :mad:

No, it's worse for him coz over the years he created an cocky image of himself for the critics, press and public in general. The difference is his fans accept it and don't mind it, while the others don't accept and mind it.

titan9
11-09-2005, 12:11 PM
*sigh* Why do you waste your breath in here, Uncertain? You know that in a Stapp forum, you're going to run into those who obviously disagree with your sentiment that Stapp is an awful singer. Bashing a singer in his own forum, imo, isn't right. Like I've said time and time again, I don't have a problem with it if it is done in another forum(like the AB forum). But when it is done in here, it crosses the line. You don't like it when people barge into the AB forum and bash Myles, do you? So why do you expect people to like it when you(or another anti-Stapp person) come into here and bash Stapp. It's like me going over to Ye Ole Usher forum and posting a message saying how much he sucks(and he does). It does no good.

Back on topic, I hope Stapp sounds good on his tour. I hope he can hit the same notes live as he can on his album. However, we won't know for sure if he can or can't until he starts touring. It should be interesting.

INDIGOSTEVE
11-09-2005, 12:38 PM
Titan you are so right its funny how some like to judge like they are so perfect, so I say get over yourself.

Creed7352
11-09-2005, 02:22 PM
why are you putting this here? let it go already.

because it was a joke...and it was perfect timing for it...everyone was getting all heated up and it fit.

its funny how some like to judge like they are so perfect, so I say get over yourself.

said the one who does it towards AB constantly...:lol

Dogstar
11-09-2005, 02:25 PM
He doesn't need to become a legend in his own mind he already is.... he's one of the most underestimated singers I think of all time and if you people would just shut up and listen for a while you'd see that, and he is way better solo than he ever was with Creed, and if he says stupid things, well what? Don't we all?
He WAS a great singer once. His voice isn't nearly as strong and soulful as it used to be. Listen to bootlegs from 98 and then from 2002. Huge difference for a number of reasons.

It just is worse for him because he's being interviewed....you don't even know him.... :mad:
Neither do you.

Creed7352
11-09-2005, 02:27 PM
well shit, he's not the only one being interviewed....lol..what does that mean?

titan9
11-09-2005, 02:40 PM
because it was a joke...and it was perfect timing for it...everyone was getting all heated up and it fit.

I gotta admit, I did laugh when I read that...although it may have been a bit out of place here. ;)

He WAS a great singer once. His voice isn't nearly as strong and soulful as it used to be. Listen to bootlegs from 98 and then from 2002. Huge difference for a number of reasons.

Definitely agree. I have listened to some bootlegs from '98 and '99, and he sounded fantastic. I mean, his voice was exactly the same as on the album. You really couldn't tell a difference. Now, comparing that to the live stuff I've heard post-Human Clay, his voice has definitely changed....and not in a positive way. His voice cracks at times, and he doesn't seem able to replicate what is heard on the album live. Hopefully he can regain the kind of range he had back in '98/'99.

Dogstar
11-09-2005, 02:42 PM
Indeed, he had a lot of trouble just hitting the notes. On some of the boots I have, he's downright flat. I miss that range from the old days. It seemed effortless back then. He's still young enough to repair the damage, I think.

titan9
11-09-2005, 02:48 PM
He is. It's unbelievable that he's still only 32. If guys like Cornell and Kennedy can sound great when they're approaching 40(or are over 40, in Cornell's case) then guys that are only in their early 30s can sound good again as well. Yes, a lot of damage was done during the Weathered tour. But Stapp still has the chance to reverse that damage. It'll be interesting to see if he does. I hope and pray that when I see Stapp live in concert(and hopefully that'll be next fall, lol) he'll sound as good as he did on the HC bootlegs.

Dogstar
11-09-2005, 02:50 PM
Me, too!

Creed7352
11-09-2005, 04:04 PM
he'll need vocal coaches and such to help reverse that damage though...i don't think he has any at the moment.

titan9
11-09-2005, 04:23 PM
He should get some coaches then. I know if I were in his position, I'd put my pride aside and get some vocal help in the hopes of getting back to my prime.

Bridge of Clay
11-09-2005, 08:11 PM
He should get some coaches then. I know if I were in his position, I'd put my pride aside and get some vocal help in the hopes of getting back to my prime.
I doubt he will... unless his album sales flunks dramatically...

Dogstar
11-09-2005, 08:19 PM
he'll need vocal coaches and such to help reverse that damage though...i don't think he has any at the moment.
Yup, he needs one for sure. Hell, even James Hetfield's done the voice-coach thing. It works.

uncertaindrumer
11-09-2005, 08:35 PM
*sigh* Why do you waste your breath in here, Uncertain?

If anything I waste my fingers. lol

You know that in a Stapp forum, you're going to run into those who obviously disagree with your sentiment that Stapp is an awful singer.

True. I then vocie my disagreement.

Bashing a singer in his own forum, imo, isn't right.

Bashing? I don't call what I did bashing, any more than saying Mark Tremonti is a terrible songwriter in the AB forum. Which I have done, time and again.

Like I've said time and time again, I don't have a problem with it if it is done in another forum(like the AB forum). But when it is done in here, it crosses the line.

Sorry if I offended.

You don't like it when people barge into the AB forum and bash Myles, do you?

If they have a reasonable argument I don't mind.

So why do you expect people to like it when you(or another anti-Stapp person) come into here and bash Stapp.

Did I say I expected that?

It's like me going over to Ye Ole Usher forum and posting a message saying how much he sucks(and he does). It does no good.

No but it might help you vent a bit ;-)

INDIGOSTEVE
11-09-2005, 08:39 PM
I doubt he will... unless his album sales flunks dramatically...
his cd will be huge.

titan9
11-09-2005, 09:13 PM
I think his CD has the potential to be huge, but only if a few things happen: he gets good radio/tv play; he gets good promotion from wind-up; he gets enough favorable reviews. I've predicted him to sell 200,000-400,000 in the first week, and I stick by that. But I realize a few things will need to fall in place in order for that to happen.

Mrprophetman
11-09-2005, 09:23 PM
No man, I think that was the doctors and Stapp's decision. Don't blame Hanson or AB for what the doctor did or Stapp hitting the wall or his mistakes or whatever. The man always had a decision. He could have canceled the tour. In the end you can't blame in on anyone but yourself. If you create your own prison - you are the only one who can get out it!

I've read interviews where Tremonti stated how disappointed he was when they had to cancel shows. I'm saying Hanson knew as well as the other members of Creed what was going on. They just wanted that tour to go on as long as it possibly could, so they could keep that money rolling in. Didn't matter that it might possibly end Stapp's career. The fact that Stapp did like he was told, by whoever's job it was to tell him what to do, only to have his bandmates stab him in the back after the band broke up, speaks volumes to me about what kind of people they are. But hey, that's just my opinion. I'm sure you won't agree.

I hope Mark Tremonti never breaks a finger or anything that would affect his ability to play. He might find out what its like to have people you thought of like your family turn on him.

Bridge of Clay
11-09-2005, 09:52 PM
his cd will be huge.

it leaked too soon.

titan9
11-09-2005, 11:03 PM
I don't think the fact that it leaked so soon will make much of a difference. I mean, most of the people who have gotten a hold of it so far are going to buy it anyway because most of them are Stapp fans. If someone likes an album, chances are they will buy it. I think the leak could help more than it harms. What'll make or break the CD's success is the promotion, imo. If he gets good promotion, good airplay and makes some appearances(on various morning/late night shows) then it'll sell well.

INDIGOSTEVE
11-10-2005, 04:40 AM
if the album sucks its a problem for any band, but if its good people will pick it up! and its really good so I think Its going to sell well, also a great time to drop the cd during christmas season! :)

johellion
11-10-2005, 06:41 AM

I am biting my tongue!!!!! :rolleyes:

johellion
11-10-2005, 07:04 AM

OH LORD......I am biting my tounge again!!!hush Jo hush Jo :mad1:

uncertaindrumer
11-10-2005, 08:37 AM
I don't think the fact that it leaked so soon will make much of a difference. I mean, most of the people who have gotten a hold of it so far are going to buy it anyway because most of them are Stapp fans. If someone likes an album, chances are they will buy it. I think the leak could help more than it harms. What'll make or break the CD's success is the promotion, imo. If he gets good promotion, good airplay and makes some appearances(on various morning/late night shows) then it'll sell well.

Your sense of integrity is not most peoples' sense of integrity. If people don't have to spend money on the album because they have it sitting on their computer, they won't buy it.

Bridge of Clay
11-10-2005, 09:01 AM
Your sense of integrity is not most peoples' sense of integrity. If people don't have to spend money on the album because they have it sitting on their computer, they won't buy it.
exactly.

If I had the money, I'd buy all the albums that are on my puter. But since I don't, I buy only the ones I really like. It doesn't mean I won't buy the others, but I'm just postponing it.

The Lithium
11-10-2005, 10:39 AM
OH LORD......I am biting my tounge again!!!hush Jo hush Jo :mad1:
I am biting my tongue!!!!! :rolleyes:
Yeah, at least I believe you... (This is Brian's aunt, don't disrespect her guys, she knows the truth as no one of us knows it!)

titan9
11-10-2005, 11:05 AM

I disagree. The leaked copy isn't album quality, imo. And most people, imo, want album quality. Thus, they'll buy the CD for that reason if they really like it. Additionally, not everyone who has a PC has a CD burner installed. What happens if they want to take the CD on the road with them? They'll have to buy the real thing.

Secondly, most people who have DLed this are diehard Stapp fans. So of course they will want to support his solo efforts.

I never said everyone is like this, that everyone who likes the CD will buy it. But I think the vast majority of those who like it will buy it, if for no other reason than to get the album artwork and case, as well as the quality. That is why I do not think it will have that much of an impact on sales.

Steve
11-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Just a note: I think the average computer user who downloads music DOES NOT know the quality difference between 192kbps MP3 files and CD-Quality sound.

And no, most people who downloaded the file are probably not "diehard" Stapp fans, but rather casual modern rock fans. If you look at the torrent sites, when new torrents are released, lots of people simply grab them to sample whatever has been recently released. It's just that all the "diehards" who obtained it are talking about it on the forums.

titan9
11-10-2005, 11:39 AM
True, not everyone does, but I think that a lot do. It's pretty easy to tell, particularly when you are blaring it on a CD player in your car. For instance, my bro had someone burn him a copy of the new Coldplay CD. He played it in his car, and it sounded awful compared to the real thing. I believe the bitrate of his copy was around 192 kbps.

Second, I still think that a lot of people who DL this album, in particular, are either Creed fans or Stapp fans. Let's face it: a lot of those outside this demographic are Stapp or Creed haters. The mainstream HATED Creed, and that hatred is apparent on music forums outside of here. Why would a bunch of these people DL an album by an artist they disdain? It'd be like me DLing a new Usher CD. Doesn't make any sense. But I do agree, there are probably quite a few who are DLing this simply because they are open to Stapp/Creed and are curious. Still, I think the Creed/Stapp fans outnumber those people greatly. That's just my opinion, though. I'm definitely looking forward to the week after the 22nd, to see how well the CD sells. I still have a good feeling about it, and don't believe that the leak will have a huge impact on the sales.

Creed7352
11-10-2005, 12:06 PM
his cd will be huge.

then how will i be able to fit it into my cd player? it won't be huge, it'll be the same size as all other cds....LOL

INDIGOSTEVE
11-10-2005, 12:50 PM
but if so many people hated creed who the hell bought all the cd's? ya know?

Bridge of Clay
11-10-2005, 12:58 PM
but if so many people hated creed who the hell bought all the cd's? ya know?
30 million people worldwide bought it.
5.97 billion didn't.

Face it, we're the minority.

lol!

Dogstar
11-10-2005, 01:06 PM
True, not everyone does, but I think that a lot do. It's pretty easy to tell, particularly when you are blaring it on a CD player in your car. For instance, my bro had someone burn him a copy of the new Coldplay CD. He played it in his car, and it sounded awful compared to the real thing. I believe the bitrate of his copy was around 192 kbps.

I think it's pretty easy to tell, as well, but I think Steve is right in that a lot of people don't notice a big difference. The leaked version of NIN's With_Teeth sounded like complete crap on my car stereo. I bought the real one, which I was going to do anyway. I just wanted to hear it as soon as I could :D. I typically buy most of what I download. I use downloading as a shopping tool. I always prefer album quality over computer versions. Now, when they figure out a way to compress an album into a reasonable file-size at album quality sound, then it might be different ;).
I still always want liner notes and artwork, and even if that's downloadable, too, you need decent quality paper.

titan9
11-10-2005, 02:17 PM
Same here, Dogstar. I have bought pretty much every album I have DLed. I use DLing as a shopping tool. Why pay for something you are unsure you'll like?

I burnt myself a copy of the Great Divide and played it in my car. Despite the bitrate being 320 kbps(I converted the DLed files to that) it still did not sound good in the car. Even if it sounded excellent, I'd still buy the album because I am a loyal fan. This is pretty much why I think the fact that it leaked won't really affect the album sales.

5.97 billion didn't.

lol!

Never did being in the minority feel so good, though. :laugh:

Dogstar
11-10-2005, 02:27 PM
5.97 billion didn't.

lol!
:laugh: Marcos, you crack me up.

Creed7352
11-10-2005, 03:04 PM
I burnt myself a copy of the Great Divide and played it in my car. Despite the bitrate being 320 kbps(I converted the DLed files to that) it still did not sound good in the car.

even though you converted to 320, the loss in quality and information has already taken place, unless you converted from the original wma files or flac, shn etc..so it would still sound shitty. if you took an mp3 from 64kbps and converted it up to 320kbps it wouldn't increase in sound quality as the loss has already taken place...does that make sense? once it's lost, you can't get it back from that specific file.

titan9
11-10-2005, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I already knew that. But I held out hope that I could get better quality if I converted to 320. :D

Creed7352
11-10-2005, 05:12 PM
lol...gotcha.

uncertaindrumer
11-10-2005, 08:03 PM
The mainstream HATED Creed, and that hatred is apparent on music forums outside of here.

You have that exactly backwards. Everyone NOT into mainstream music hated Creed. The mainstream WAS Creed for a while. The mainstream LOVED Creed, which is why they sold 30 million albums.

It was those who WEREN'T into mainstream music who hated them. They kind of symbolized everything wrong with modern music for a lot of people.

titan9
11-10-2005, 08:19 PM
The lack of sleep must have made me say "the mainstream" hated Creed. What I meant was that, after WAWO, a lot of people hated Creed. Not enough to make a big difference in sales, but enough to make it quite apparent. Some of the same people who like bands like Puddle of Crud and Nickelback hate(d) Creed. If you go to any other music forum outside of here, you'll come across that. It's not just those who "hate" mainstream music that hated Creed; those who also liked a lot of mainstream rock music(3DD, Nickelback, Staind etc.) just hated Creed. That was pretty much what I meant, and I phrased that wrong upon further review(I rarely re-read my posts, though, so that explains why I did not catch that). Obviously, enough of the mainstream liked Creed, or else they wouldn't have sold so many albums. Same goes for other artists(see Britney Spears, Nsync etc).

uncertaindrumer
11-10-2005, 10:36 PM
Everyone who doesn't own a Creed album hates Creed, period. And even those who do own them often hate them after their music taste matures.

Although often, as in my case, they hold onto the belief that they had potential (i.e. My Own Prison was decent) before totally selling out.

ctfan
11-11-2005, 01:02 AM
Hard working? Give me a break. This isn't just Creed, though. People in the music business don't know what hard work is, and anyone who tells you otherwise is just as ignorant.

Yep, I said hardworking. To me anyway, and as far as I'm concerned, they still are.

The lifestyle is the reward, money is financial freedom. It's what goes into it that's hard. The travel, the being away, etc. etc.

ctfan
11-11-2005, 01:08 AM
Well, some guys on here have been saying for a month(maybe more) that one of them talked to a guy close to the band(now apparently we know that it was Hanson) who said that Mark and Flip could ruin Scott's career if they wanted to. I didn't believe it, because it seems like a pretty ridiculous thing. However, I was reading a radio interview today(w/Stapp) that was done a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, I told my friend about something that Stapp said in the interview that I found to be a bit strange(FYI: a recap of the interview was posted at PBF not that long ago, and that is what I read) and my friend was kinda surprised by it. Anyway, he does this google search and pulls up something that, if true, completely changes my thoughts on the "Mark and Flip could ruin Stapp's career" thing. The thing that I read(and I do not want to start any rumors) was never posted about on here, but was briefly mentioned on PBF a few months back. There are signs that it could be true, and signs that it could be false(if that makes any sense). I'm not going to post the link or discuss it anymore, because I do not want to spread a potential lie(and it has not been confirmed as being true or false). But I'm sure if you looked at PBF, you might be able to find the topic, though the original post has been greatly edited.

Thanks anyway titan, but I read another reply here that told me all I needed to know. :)

ctfan
11-11-2005, 01:15 AM
First, regarding Hanson selling his Creed stuff - how do you use that to draw conclusions that (a) he's poor and needs money, and (b) it discredits any work he's done for Creed? And no one here even knows who is the actual seller of the plaque. You do realize that many of those plaques are given away to radio stations, in contests, etc. Lots of people have plaques like that, and they use it to make their own loot based on the prestiege of the item.

Secondly, let's stop all the speculation on what Hanson did or did not say regarding Creed, AB, and Stapp. Unless it's documented in an article, magazine, interview, or witnessed in person, it can't be proven. Keep the rumors and speculation off the forums.

The description of the items said..."presented to". I'm assuming as "in person". And why else sell them except for the cash. I know if it were me, they would mean a bit more than just a few hundred bucks.

As I stated before, my thoughts of Hanson stand.

ctfan
11-11-2005, 01:18 AM
Just for the record and to close the discussion.

Jeff told a group of people from another board who reported it later.

Ahhhh. Yep, give a witch an inch, and she'll take a mile. That's all I need to know.

ctfan
11-11-2005, 01:25 AM
Definitely agree. I have listened to some bootlegs from '98 and '99, and he sounded fantastic. I mean, his voice was exactly the same as on the album. You really couldn't tell a difference. Now, comparing that to the live stuff I've heard post-Human Clay, his voice has definitely changed....and not in a positive way. His voice cracks at times, and he doesn't seem able to replicate what is heard on the album live. Hopefully he can regain the kind of range he had back in '98/'99.

I think his voice is still very strong range or not, he may just sing a bit differently than before. Lots of singers have problems during the course of a tour. Aaron Lewis of Staind is one of them, as well as Keith Urban, and he's a country singer.

ctfan
11-11-2005, 01:30 AM
if the album sucks its a problem for any band, but if its good people will pick it up! and its really good so I think Its going to sell well, also a great time to drop the cd during christmas season! :)

Oh I agree, the timing is great, and from what I've heard so far, I think the cd is going to do really well.

Dogstar
11-11-2005, 01:44 AM
ctfan, do you think you could combine some of your posts? Double posting isn't so bad, but more than that gets annoying. Thanks.

ctfan
11-11-2005, 01:59 AM
ctfan, do you think you could combine some of your posts? Double posting isn't so bad, but more than that gets annoying. Thanks.

I can do that. :)