Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
One Last Breath & Great divide - VIDEO [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : One Last Breath & Great divide - VIDEO

geletmote
10-22-2005, 10:28 PM
Has anyone noticed that the start of the Great Divide video clip is the exact same as One Last Breath..

The start is the guitarist playing then the camera reverses and finds stapp..
Probably scotts Idea.. NOthing beats the One Last Breath film clip and song though.. :)

What you's think?

Rocketqueen
10-22-2005, 11:56 PM
wow sounds awsome OLB was one hell of a video but i have,nt saw the Great Divide Yet

HuMaN~ClAy
10-23-2005, 11:58 PM
yea, that is the same... but after that very quick 10 secs or so they are completly different haha... OLB was my favorite creed vid... but i really hate TGD's vid... the lights are so annoying, but what pisses me off the most is right at the start when it's dark then stapp starts singing then like 5 secs later everything lights up, it should really light up when he starts singing the first line... it really throws me off

but i guess this vid was pretty low budget compared to OLB haha

tremonti4life04
10-24-2005, 12:23 AM
You notice in The Great Divide, they dont show anything more then a silouette of the backing band members? Nice of them huh?

geletmote
10-24-2005, 12:31 AM
yea, that is the same... but after that very quick 10 secs or so they are completly different haha... OLB was my favorite creed vid... but i really hate TGD's vid... the lights are so annoying, but what pisses me off the most is right at the start when it's dark then stapp starts singing then like 5 secs later everything lights up, it should really light up when he starts singing the first line... it really throws me off

Yeh those light are freaken annoying, soughta reminds me of higher film clip though because of the stage.. lol not the best of stapps work, but yeh as long as hes getting his pay check..

RMadd
10-24-2005, 12:53 AM
is there any way to see the Great Divide video aside from signing up for the e-team?

RMadd
10-24-2005, 01:01 AM
nevermind, i got it... i guess i didn't think to look on creed.com for it before....
watching the video, i think it's finally sorta hit home that creed isn't together anymore. i know it's been nearly 2 years since the rumors started circulating, but actually seeing stapp singing well to a song that rocks fairly hard (let's be honest: relearn love hardly did that) brought back memories of the good times. but, like the song alludes to, there's a pretty great divide between 'em

Chase
10-24-2005, 01:55 AM
You notice in The Great Divide, they dont show anything more then a silouette of the backing band members? Nice of them huh?

Wow. Apparently you don't know what the term "SOLO ARTIST" means.

The Lithium
10-24-2005, 04:18 AM
wow sounds awsome OLB was one hell of a video but i have,nt saw the Great Divide Yet
Don't get your hopes up too much, though. Yes, OLB is a fantastic video, but The Great Divide is nothing like it, except for the first seconds.

geletmote
10-24-2005, 05:07 AM
Don't get your hopes up too much, though. Yes, OLB is a fantastic video, but The Great Divide is nothing like it, except for the first seconds.

Yeh OLB is the best vid, ur right the first few secs of great divide are good, it was either gonna take off from there or just be average like it is..

AHH god i Miss creed :confused:

geletmote
10-24-2005, 05:09 AM
Wow. Apparently you don't know what the term "SOLO ARTIST" means.

LOL..

HuMaN~ClAy
10-24-2005, 12:40 PM
nevermind, i got it... i guess i didn't think to look on creed.com for it before....
OMG! i can't believe the vid is on creed.com!!! there were never any alter bridge vids on there! that's insane, everyone who are just finding out now that creed have broken up are going to be going to creed.com and seeing all these ads for stapp, and nothing of alter bridge in sight... kinda sad... looks like WU will be promoting stapp to the Nth degree more than alter bridge...

geletmote
10-24-2005, 02:01 PM
Wind Up are stappaholics, no doubt about that, but I think when alter bridge's album (oneday remains) came out it was been promoted on there.. But stapps getting more credit now..

RMadd
10-24-2005, 06:37 PM
plus, they probably also realize that people will identify Scott Stapp more w/ Creed than the rest of the guys... let's be honest: the majority of the time, if you have only a passing interest in a band, if you can name anyone in the group, more than likely it's the lead singer. so, while WU isn't making alot of hardcore fans happy (those who would likely purchase the albums anyway), they're probably going w/ calculations that someone like Stapp will have broader appeal to a larger number of seminal fans, and so they hope to get more bang for their buck in promoting him a little bit more...

eusebioCBR
10-24-2005, 08:16 PM
I've checked out the vid and listened to the music, what's the big deal? It is commercial and desighned to appeal to his fans. Not my cup of tea, I can only take so many glamorous rock star poses. :pukey:

titan9
10-24-2005, 09:34 PM

I highly doubt the video is "plain" because of a "low budget". This is Scott Stapp we're talking about here. He, along with the rest of Creed, put WU on the map. They made WU into the money-making label that it is today. Thus, they are going to(or should) pour a good bit of money into both AB and Stapp. I highly doubt that they would have a low budget for a guy who was the lead singer for a band that was massively successful.

I do, however, believe that the video is plain because they wanted to do something simple, not as complex as the Creed videos. The whole point of the video is to show that Stapp is still around, he is still making music, and most importantly, he is now a SOLO artist. THAT is why GB is rarely shown in the video. It makes perfect sense to me.

As for promoting Stapp on the Creed.com web site, honestly, I don't have a single problem with it. WU promoted AB on there to maybe a lesser extent last year and not a person on here complained. But when it involves the man everyone loves to hate, people are all pissed off about it. It's kinda silly. And I completely agree with what RMadd said. That was exactly what I was going to post. It makes good sense to put that stuff on the web site.

And, obviously, if you're talking about a Scott Stapp video, you should know that you're going to get a lot of "Jesus Christ" poses. :laugh:

geletmote
10-25-2005, 12:06 AM
I highly doubt the video is "plain" because of a "low budget". This is Scott Stapp we're talking about here. He, along with the rest of Creed, put WU on the map. They made WU into the money-making label that it is today. Thus, they are going to(or should) pour a good bit of money into both AB and Stapp. I highly doubt that they would have a low budget for a guy who was the lead singer for a band that was massively successful.

I do, however, believe that the video is plain because they wanted to do something simple, not as complex as the Creed videos. The whole point of the video is to show that Stapp is still around, he is still making music, and most importantly, he is now a SOLO artist. THAT is why GB is rarely shown in the video. It makes perfect sense to me.

As for promoting Stapp on the Creed.com web site, honestly, I don't have a single problem with it. WU promoted AB on there to maybe a lesser extent last year and not a person on here complained. But when it involves the man everyone loves to hate, people are all pissed off about it. It's kinda silly. And I completely agree with what RMadd said. That was exactly what I was going to post. It makes good sense to put that stuff on the web site.

And, obviously, if you're talking about a Scott Stapp video, you should know that you're going to get a lot of "Jesus Christ" poses. :laugh:

Yeh i know it soughta sucks how the singers always get the most credit, Ive been playing guitar for a while now and its amazing how muhc work TRemonti does alot of people dont realise his ethic without the sound that he produces i bet they wouldnt have sold half of wat they have sold...

ctfan
10-25-2005, 10:13 AM

Well, considering he's now a solo artist, I would think that the entire band wouldn't be featured. I don't get what is so hard to understand about the word "solo".

ctfan
10-25-2005, 10:16 AM

I agree. Makes perfect sense to me too. I really like the video and think it's a nice change from Creed.

I didn't see any "Jesus Christ" poses. Did I miss something??.

HuMaN~ClAy
10-25-2005, 10:49 AM
I agree. Makes perfect sense to me too. I really like the video and think it's a nice change from Creed.

I didn't see any "Jesus Christ" poses. Did I miss something??.

Yes you did!! this vid has more "Jesus Christ" poses than any thingStapp has done to date!.... i don't really mind it tho, whenever i picture stapp in my head he's in one of his poses... seems weird to see him not in one... and i kinda like em haha

HuMaN~ClAy
10-25-2005, 10:59 AM

I don't so much as have a problem with them promoting Stapp on creed.com, but the other former members also have a cd out with 2 videos, which hasn't done overly well and won't do nearly as well as Stapps. If WU actually wanted alter bridge to do anything they would have alter bridge stuff up on creed.com now too, then when people see all the new stapp stuff there and realize creed have broken up they could also see what the other former members are doing too, not just thinking "oh, those guys must have just quit on stapp, they're probably out in a bar somewhere now getting fat..."

I'm not one of the people on here who is pro AB and anit Stapp... i'm right down the middle, and i can't wait for Stapp's album release... but it's kinda sad to see some of your favotite musicians gettin shafted.

and yea, they did have a small clip of OYE and a link to the site back in the day, but there were articles there about stapp then too, and that's how i think creed.com should be managed now. Telling about Stapp and Alter Bridge equally, cus when it comes down to it WU is just gonna make more money from us that way...

titan9
10-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Yeh i know it soughta sucks how the singers always get the most credit, Ive been playing guitar for a while now and its amazing how muhc work TRemonti does alot of people dont realise his ethic without the sound that he produces i bet they wouldnt have sold half of wat they have sold...

It happens to practically every band, unfortunately. If there's only one member of a band that people know well, it'll most always be the lead singer. Everyone knows who Bono is, but not everyone knows who U2's bassist is. It's the same thing with Creed. You mention Mark Tremonti by name and most people will be like "who?" But if you mention Scott Stapp by name, they'll probably be like "oh, that lead singer from Creed". It sucks that lead singers almost always get the most attention in a band, as the guitarists, bassists and drummers are every bit as vital to the band, but that's unfortunately how it is. I'm a guitarist myself, so I highly respect the kind of effort Tremo puts into his guitar playing and his music.

I don't so much as have a problem with them promoting Stapp on creed.com, but the other former members also have a cd out with 2 videos, which hasn't done overly well and won't do nearly as well as Stapps. If WU actually wanted alter bridge to do anything they would have alter bridge stuff up on creed.com now too, then when people see all the new stapp stuff there and realize creed have broken up they could also see what the other former members are doing too, not just thinking "oh, those guys must have just quit on stapp, they're probably out in a bar somewhere now getting fat..."

I'm not one of the people on here who is pro AB and anit Stapp... i'm right down the middle, and i can't wait for Stapp's album release... but it's kinda sad to see some of your favotite musicians gettin shafted.

and yea, they did have a small clip of OYE and a link to the site back in the day, but there were articles there about stapp then too, and that's how i think creed.com should be managed now. Telling about Stapp and Alter Bridge equally, cus when it comes down to it WU is just gonna make more money from us that way...

I completely agree with you there. WU SHOULD be giving both Stapp and AB equal attention on Creed.com, but unfortunately they are not doing that presently. I'm wondering if things will be different when the second AB CD comes out.

Chase
10-25-2005, 02:42 PM
Yes you did!! this vid has more "Jesus Christ" poses than any thingStapp has done to date!.... i don't really mind it tho, whenever i picture stapp in my head he's in one of his poses... seems weird to see him not in one... and i kinda like em haha

I don't think that Jesus would constantly pump his fists with emotion lol.

ctfan
10-25-2005, 06:38 PM

Ok, I missed them then. I guess I just didn't look hard enough. I've never had any problem with the way Stapp presents himself, either live or in video.

:)

ctfan
10-25-2005, 06:39 PM
I don't think that Jesus would constantly pump his fists with emotion lol.

No, I don't think so either....lol. :)

geletmote
10-25-2005, 09:30 PM
[QUOTE=titan9]It happens to practically every band, unfortunately. If there's only one member of a band that people know well, it'll most always be the lead singer. Everyone knows who Bono is, but not everyone knows who U2's bassist is. It's the same thing with Creed. You mention Mark Tremonti by name and most people will be like "who?" But if you mention Scott Stapp by name, they'll probably be like "oh, that lead singer from Creed". It sucks that lead singers almost always get the most attention in a band, as the guitarists, bassists and drummers are every bit as vital to the band, but that's unfortunately how it is. I'm a guitarist myself, so I highly respect the kind of effort Tremo puts into his guitar playing and his music.

Yeh it really helps understanding the hard work mark does when you play guitar yourself, how long have you been playing for man? WAt creed songs can you play?? I cant stop playing one last breath intro , im in love with that song...hehe

titan9
10-25-2005, 11:06 PM
Haha, I'm a newbie, actually. I got my Acoustic last December, but didn't get serious about it til a few weeks ago, really. So I'm still in the beginning stages, still trying to do hammer ons and such. I've figured out that I need to take it easy, because I do become easily frustrated with it. I want to play like Mark! :laugh: So I can't play any Creed songs yet, but my goal song is My Own Prison. I think that'll probably be the first song by them that I learn.

HuMaN~ClAy
10-25-2005, 11:36 PM
man, i love playing marks stuff. SHWM and Torn are my favorites to play... i'm not very good at guitar, only been playin a little bit, but i can play like 70% of creeds stuff... you really do apperciate how good mark is compared to a lot of other rock guitarists now a days when you start to play. i remember learning OLB and Higher and thinking how much more complicated it was compared to Nickelback and the like... i can only play OYE, Burn it Down, Broken Wings and parts of others from his alter bridge stuff tho... that stuff's a lot more complex haha

geletmote
10-26-2005, 04:55 AM
Haha, I'm a newbie, actually. I got my Acoustic last December, but didn't get serious about it til a few weeks ago, really. So I'm still in the beginning stages, still trying to do hammer ons and such. I've figured out that I need to take it easy, because I do become easily frustrated with it. I want to play like Mark! :laugh: So I can't play any Creed songs yet, but my goal song is My Own Prison. I think that'll probably be the first song by them that I learn.

Dont get frustrated there is no trick to playing guitar good you just gotta keep practising and practising so keep doin wat ur doin. IF YOU WANT to hear me play MY OWN PRISON go to this link here, i recorded this for you its 60 seconds but u get an idea, heres the link:

http://s25.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2OHI3MHBIKUQ60IQVN3NWTAM0N

Let me know what you think man & if you have any other requests of songs i can record .. :)

[/QUOTE]man, i love playing marks stuff. SHWM and Torn are my favorites to play... i'm not very good at guitar, only been playin a little bit, but i can play like 70% of creeds stuff... you really do apperciate how good mark is compared to a lot of other rock guitarists now a days when you start to play. i remember learning OLB and Higher and thinking how much more complicated it was compared to Nickelback and the like... i can only play OYE, Burn it Down, Broken Wings and parts of others from his alter bridge stuff tho... that stuff's a lot more complex haha [/QUOTE]

yeh the good thing about his stuff is that it is fun to play aswell & it is quite technicall yeh id say i can play 70% creed songs aswell.. any chance of recording a demo for me of OLB?? DOnt tell me u can play the OYE solo?

heres a link to me playing My own Prison if u wanna hear it:

http://s25.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2OHI3MHBIKUQ60IQVN3NWTAM0N

Mrprophetman
10-27-2005, 10:07 PM

I watched the video and noticed that he always keeps at least one hand on the mic stand or he is holding the mic in one hand. I thought in order to do a Jesus pose he would have to let go of the mic and fling both of his arms out...I didn't see him do that. Are we watching the same video?