Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
New Label? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : New Label?

eusebioCBR
10-21-2005, 12:41 AM
I was looking at posts here erlier and someone mentioned that Alter Bridge might be looking for a new label. Does anyone know more about this? :wtf:

Dogstar
10-21-2005, 01:17 AM
Hmm, I haven't read or seen anything official about this. It wouldn't surprise me, though, given what Submersed have gone through lately. And I don't think AB was really happy about Wind Up hurriedly putting out the Creed Greatest Hits album. As I recall, the guys said they wouldn't lobby against it, but they weren't going to promote it, either.

RMadd
10-21-2005, 01:35 PM
that would be fantastic if they did find a new label... sony, despite the fact that they're a nice little corporate behemoth, does a pretty good job promoting new artists & new releases... or at least better than WU did

Creed7352
10-21-2005, 01:43 PM
they haven't said they are looking for a new label, fans have said they should and fans have speculated about it...or posted their wishes on it.

The Lithium
10-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Yeah. The last time I heard Mark comment anything on it was just before the release of ODR. He said they were like one big family, Wind-Up, Jeff Hanson Managetment and the band, and he didn't want to change anything about it. (He may not have used those exact words, though).

eusebioCBR
10-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Hmmmm, so it's just rumors. Thanks!

Creed7352
10-21-2005, 07:36 PM
Yeah. The last time I heard Mark comment anything on it was just before the release of ODR. He said they were like one big family, Wind-Up, Jeff Hanson Managetment and the band, and he didn't want to change anything about it. (He may not have used those exact words, though).

that being said, they're not particularly happy with windup right now...they won't do another single so if you want to get one more single out of ODR, Metalingus preferably, you'll have to do some promotion and requesting of your own, including sending emails to windup and getting friends to do the same. that way, the label will see we want more alter bridge!

Bridge of Clay
10-21-2005, 08:48 PM
I sent an e-mail to Wind-Up but Michael said it wasn't necessary to send e-mails to them anymore...

:(

titan9
10-21-2005, 09:09 PM
They don't listen and they are poor, particularly when it comes to PR and responding to emails. They had this fan site contest that promised an iPod to the grand prize winner, and autographed posters to the second prize winners. Well, it involved four bands: 12 Stones, Submersed, Finger Eleven and Strata. I and another guy got together and created the 12 Stones site in my sig. We worked our tails off and got it in just before the 12:00AM December 1, 2004 deadline. They promised that the judging(by the bands themselves) would take place by the 14th of said month. So all of us(who submitted fan sites) waited patiently. The 20th came around and there was still no results. So we emailed them and they got back(a few days later) and told us that there would be no judging until after the Holiday break. Fair enough. So then New Year's came along and still no results. I emailed them and it took forever for them to respond. They eventually released the results and we came in second. That meant we were to get a autographed 12 Stones poster. So I sent my friend's mailing address(I gave up the prize to him because he paid for all of the costs associated with the web site and because he deserved it more than I) and a few weeks later, my friend got a package. However, it was not the autographed poster. Instead, it was a Broken EP. So not only did they delay for months, but they didn't even deliver. They lied.

I just felt that I needed to share that to give further proof that WU does not care about those who are purchasing CDs/concert tickets by their bands.

Creed7352
10-22-2005, 05:22 PM
yeah marcos, i know...but he's changed his mind on that as of a couple weeks ago...maybe they had talks with windup and that is what windup told them? i don't know...he just said to email now. LOL

Bridge of Clay
10-23-2005, 12:25 AM
changed his mind how? as like "give time to wind-up, they'll do their job" or "fuck wind-up, we're done with them" ???

it's pointless to e-mail them anyway... I don't think they ever read it... but if I got the CEO's address, it would be different! :P

Creed7352
10-23-2005, 05:04 AM
well before michael said don't email them...now he said email them. he changed his mind...lol

UK_Bridge
10-24-2005, 06:14 AM
in this months CLASSIC ROCK magazine there is an interview with mark and he voicces his concerns about the current label in that.

worth a read

eusebioCBR
10-25-2005, 01:39 AM
in this months CLASSIC ROCK magazine there is an interview with mark and he voicces his concerns about the current label in that.

worth a read
I'll check it out, thank you

ctfan
10-25-2005, 06:48 PM
I was under the impression that Wind-Up had dropped (or was going to) Alter Bridge a couple months ago. Read somewhere (and can't remember which site it was, VH1 maybe?) that Mike himself had confirmed/or posted something along those lines at an AB site.

If this is not the case, and it's just a rumor, I sincerely apologize.

Creed7352
10-26-2005, 12:19 PM
I was under the impression that Wind-Up had dropped (or was going to) Alter Bridge a couple months ago. Read somewhere (and can't remember which site it was, VH1 maybe?) that Mike himself had confirmed/or posted something along those lines at an AB site.

If this is not the case, and it's just a rumor, I sincerely apologize.

just a rumor

and i think probably just a little wishful thinking from the stapp fans or just them starting up lies cause that's how some of them are...that's the first i've ever heard of that rumor in your post here. i help out with alterbridgeband.net and it's never been mentioned there by michael or anyone for that matter.