Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Hit Parader article [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Hit Parader article

ctfan
10-02-2005, 01:02 PM
"Heavy Metal's All-Time Top 100 Stars"...October 2005.

"#98. SCOTT STAPP: He may stand at the center of a media maelstrom, but there's no way of avoiding the notion that dark, brooding former Creed vocalist Scott Stapp has emerged as one of the 21st Century's most charismatic stage performers.

With his former band's albums ranking among the last decade's most commercially successful outings, Stapp has blossomed as an important cultural force in modern rock society. a fact he hopes to expand upon as he launches his solo career. "The success of Creed was so wonderful for me", he said. "But it's the dawn of a new day and I hope that the fans accept my new music with the same degree of fervor that they enjoyed Creed's work for so many years."

MOST NOTABLE QUALITY: The talent to confound the critics by simply doing what he does best. "

Muad'Dib
10-03-2005, 05:22 AM
How is Creed/Stapp heavy metal :confused:

in reality
10-03-2005, 09:51 AM
Great to see Stapp on this list. Aaron Lewis is another one I like that made it on there. Thanks Ct.

titan9
10-03-2005, 11:43 AM
How is Creed/Stapp heavy metal :confused:

I agree. I think they should have called this list "Modern Rock's All-Time Top 100 Stars". Heavy Metal is a term that is way too overused, and fits none of the stuff on Rock radio today.

in reality
10-04-2005, 12:38 PM
It's in the Special Edition of Hit Parader if anyone is looking for it. The whole thing is great to read.

Higher_Desire
10-04-2005, 10:31 PM
Dang. I saw this at the store today and was gonna post it. Well... nevermind then.

I can't believe Mark didn't make the list anywhere. Not even in those "top 10" things they did off to the side.

However, I did have a laugh at the list "Top 10 metal artists born in Israel" in which 1-10 was all Gene Simmons. lol. Classic.

H-D :pimp:

ctfan
10-06-2005, 12:08 AM
Great to see Stapp on this list. Aaron Lewis is another one I like that made it on there. Thanks Ct.

Sure thing :) . I enjoyed reading this article too, and Aaron Lewis is another singer whose voice is pleasing to the ear.