Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
What the "F" is this? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : What the "F" is this?

RoffeDH
09-30-2005, 06:42 AM
http://www.collegian.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/09/29/433b7a72ad336
An articel about "christian bands" that have sold out christianity and thanks to that have been a huge success, they say that "the band booted out Stapp and Christianity and was born again as Alter Bridge. The first single, "Metalingus" enjoyed constant rotation on national rock stations."

Two things
1. Did they boot Stapp? I think not!
2. Was their first singel "Metalingus"? Wasn't it "Open Your Eyes"?

Bridge of Clay
09-30-2005, 11:45 AM
posted my feedback there.

titan9
09-30-2005, 12:10 PM
I did as well. I just hate it when someone writes an article and talks about a band they know nothing about. If you're gonna do that, at least, you know, RESEARCH the band first. Any valid points that guy had were overshadowed by the countless errors.

Agent D
10-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Haha what a bunch of crap.

Dogstar
10-02-2005, 03:19 AM
I posted feedback as well, but so far, it says none has been posted. When I posted I got a message saying my feedback was submitted for review by the moderator :rolleyes:

PrtytilImPurple
10-02-2005, 03:35 PM
http://www.collegian.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/09/29/433b7a72ad336
An articel about "christian bands" that have sold out christianity and thanks to that have been a huge success, they say that "the band booted out Stapp and Christianity and was born again as Alter Bridge. The first single, "Metalingus" enjoyed constant rotation on national rock stations."

Two things
1. Did they boot Stapp? I think not!
2. Was their first singel "Metalingus"? Wasn't it "Open Your Eyes"?

If you go back and read their interviews, yeah, they did kind of make it look like they booted Stapp. I read somewhere that Metalingus has never been released as a single.

titan9
10-02-2005, 03:43 PM
I posted feedback as well, but so far, it says none has been posted. When I posted I got a message saying my feedback was submitted for review by the moderator :rolleyes:

Yeah, apparently that guy can't take any constructive criticism. :rolleyes:

Bridge of Clay
10-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Sweet!!! I just got an e-mail from them:

The feedback you recently submitted to Colorado State Collegian has been
approved
by the moderator, and is active on the site.

Review of your feedback:

Topic: Religion and rock: not a mixture for success
Comment:
Dear Jess,

I don't think you compiled the facts straight before
writing this article. Speaking of Creed and Alter Bridge,
you seem clueless about what really happened. That was a
bad research work.

Alter Bridge's First Single was "Open Your Eyes". Creed
broke up not due Christianity or anything else, but the
singer who used to write those lyrics didn't practice
what he preached. His arguments with Durst were before
Weathered. After Weathered was released, during the tour
Stapp lost control: got very sick and addicted to drugs
(Predisome, I think) and alcohol. Showed up drunk in
Chicago, didn't make apologies. 4 fans sued the band for
this bad concert, which Creed won in court. That was the
last straw in a band that behind the scenes had a lot of
personal issues related to friendship and commitment.
They couldn't take this any longer, so they called it
quits. 3/4 of it moved on. 1/4 is starting to appear now.

If you have any questions regarding this, please forward this e-mail to
frizzell@lamar.colostate.edu.

If you received this e-mail in error, or you were not the
originator of this post, then please contact us at
frizzell@lamar.colostate.edu.

Thanks for your participation.

- Colorado State Collegian

The Lithium
10-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Dumbass Writer!!!

RMadd
10-06-2005, 02:13 AM
looks like this fella felt he could pull the wool over a bunch of indifferent students @ CSU. and, speaking from experience having read college papers recently, they're pretty crappy. i think alot depends on who enrolls in the class that corresponds w/ the writers on the paper. last year, there were 3 columnists for our paper (The Standard) who wrote political opinions/articles every week. and while they weren't perhaps the best-informed or the most popular every week, they were still quite interesting (bear in mind i am a polysci student). this year, they've got some shitty articles filling the same space these 3 writers occupied last year: 1 guy who writes about health stuff (which, admittedly, isn't all that bad, since we're all fat here in the US of A), and basically 3 entertainment/bullshit/whatever-the-fuck-i-feel-like-this-week columns. worthless. hopefully there are better writers elsewhere, b/c it looks like newspapers are starting to go the way of local news shows.

RMadd
10-06-2005, 02:16 AM
and, shit, aside from the fact that he didn't research for shit, i really pity the guy if he's a senior journalism major and still writes with piss-poor grammar.

RMadd
10-06-2005, 02:25 AM
well, here's what I sent 'em, in hopes that they'll post it:

To Whom It May Concern,
I found this article to be poorly researched and, worse yet, very poorly written. As you have no doubt received a handful of other emails from fans of any of the bands listed in Mr. Brooke's article (namely, Creed and Alter Bridge), I feel I need not nitpick on the facts of the bands' success, hits, or reasons for their demise/"creation." That, however, leaves no dearth of other issues with Mr. Brooke's writing. He strongly suspects that MxPx performed as Godhawk in '03? No follow-up on whether it was them, or simply one of hundreds of other bands in the Seattle area? Not even a mention such as "I was unable to conclusively find whether Godhawk was, in fact, MxPx in disguise." Instead, he presents a supposition and passes it off as factual with nary a qualification. Mr. Brooke is a senior, presumably near the completion of one or both of his degrees; I strongly suggest he enroll in a course in grammar or writing so that he might learn how to more eloquently express himself and thus shed the tone of an eighth-grader.
Sincerely,
Ryan A. Madden

RoffeDH
10-09-2005, 01:41 PM
RMadd, what do you study if you're a polysci student? I'm from sweden, so I'm not that familiar with the english languege on a higher level, though my mom is an american, but still ;)
I liked what everyone wrote and I thank all of you who wrote!
Take care!

RMadd
10-10-2005, 06:05 PM
"Polysci" is an abbreviated, simpler way of saying "political science." If you're not familiar with that, it's merely a study of politics using objective criterion, to put it very simply. Naturally, there are many divisions with political science: I've taken classes on comparative politics, Soviet politics, international pelations, and public administration, to name just a few. It's a fantastic time, but if you don't like writing papers then I'd advise against it.

Dogstar
10-10-2005, 08:35 PM
BearFan, your response is up there, along with quite a few others, Marcos, mine (I'm sweetcompanion) and we all pretty much say the same thing, haha. Maybe this person should consider another career path.

titan9
10-10-2005, 09:01 PM
Maybe this person should consider another career path.

Completely agree. :D