Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
MAKR GETS HIS GUITARS BACK!!! PRS Beats Gibson! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : MAKR GETS HIS GUITARS BACK!!! PRS Beats Gibson!

Wylde-Tremonti
09-13-2005, 05:11 PM
http://www.prsguitars.com/news/stories/091205_victory.html
Appellate Court Awards Victory to Paul Reed Smith Guitars (PRS) Over Gibson

In a long-pending trademark dispute between PRS Guitars and Gibson Guitars Corp., the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit today reversed a lower court decision and ordered the dismissal of Gibson's suit against PRS. The decision also immediately vacates the injunction prohibiting the sale and production of PRS’s award winning Singlecut® Guitar. Paul Reed Smith Guitars announced today that it will immediately resume production of its Singlecut® guitars.

Paul Smith, the founder of PRS, stated “We are delighted that the appellate court affirmed what we and the industry have long known: the PRS Singlecuts® are musical instruments of the highest quality that would never be confused with a competitor’s product.”

In the litigation, Gibson alleged that concert goers in a smoky concert hall might not be able to differentiate a PRS Singlecut® from a Gibson Les Paul. The appellate court rejected that trademark theory out-of-hand, emphasizing Gibson’s concession in court arguments that “only an Idiot” would confuse the two products at the point of sale.

William Coston, PRS lawyer, observed that the decision is a vindication of PRS’ meritorious defense of unfounded allegations: “We agree with the Court and Gibson’s own counsel that 'only an Idiot ' would be confused". Sadly, the injunction lasted too long and the court process was too long and costly, depriving consumers of the right to choose between the PRS Singlecut® and the Gibson Les Paul. We hope that Gibson will now compete in the marketplace and not use litigation to obtain unfair advantage.

titan9
09-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Yes! That's awesome news! I badly want to buy a PRS Tremonti, so hopefully now I won't have to turn to Ebay to do so.

Dogstar
09-13-2005, 06:26 PM
Cool news. Thanks for posting that, Matt!

EvenStream
09-15-2005, 05:54 PM
Yeah, it rocks, PRS's singlecuts are way better that gibson's anyway i think!

tremonti4life04
09-16-2005, 03:06 AM
Holy S**T, Im honestly so damn happy i could cry right now, thanks wylde-tremonti for the news. Honestly, this is the best news ive heard in almost a year, or 2. I want one so bad, and now i can get one factory direct from PRS or grab one up from Guitar Center!!!!!!!!!!!

Wylde-Tremonti
09-17-2005, 03:27 PM
Holy S**T, Im honestly so damn happy i could cry right now, thanks wylde-tremonti for the news. Honestly, this is the best news ive heard in almost a year, or 2. I want one so bad, and now i can get one factory direct from PRS or grab one up from Guitar Center!!!!!!!!!!!
Good Deal man

Alas... Even if they do start producing them... THEY STILL PROBABLY WON'T MAKE ANY DAMN LEFTIES!!!!!!!
The bastards :thud: :cuss: :nono: :banghead: :bow2:
Why won't the make them?:dunno:

Dogstar
09-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Awwwwwwwww, that sucks, Matt. You'll have to lobby them ;)

RoffeDH
09-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Wylde-tremonti, I thought you had a flipped guitar, to bad you don't play it the right way (sorry for tha joke ;) )

StappsSaviour
09-19-2005, 10:57 PM
aww thats soooooo kool!!!!!!!!
and yea i want one of those guitars too!
but sadly, in New Zealand, they cost around 6 grand and thats not including shipping, handling or insurance fees!!!
so i think ill be saving for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time!!!