View Full Version : Latest news...

Ana4Stapp
08-15-2005, 10:03 PM
I found it on PBF site:

Scott's single, "The Great Divide," will be released to rock radio on
September 26-27 according to FMQB.com It will be the lead
single to his album, which will be in stores November 22. Currently the
music video for The Great Divide is in production, and a radio tour is
planned for October in support of the single.

Finnally the single has a date. ;)

TeriB19
08-15-2005, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the info, Ana!!

creedsister
08-15-2005, 11:26 PM
thank Sweet pea i never go over there :D GREAT DIVIDE :D I LIKE THAT TITLE :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: Lets Get Some Leaks Lets Get Some Leaks :D :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Alter Shredder
08-16-2005, 01:44 AM
yeah, no kidding, im anxious to hear this...only a few years coming...

Bridge of Clay
08-16-2005, 10:06 AM
I'll try and get a leaked copy like I did with Hollow! :)

titan9
08-16-2005, 10:54 AM
I hope you're able to get a leaked copy, Marcos. I'm dying to hear the new stuff. I'll also keep an eye out for a leaked copy on the programs I use. If I find it, I'll definitely pass it along to whoever else on here that wants to hear it.

Anyway, that's more good news on the Stapp front. It's good that they've finally set a date for the release of the single. Now we just need to hear the single and see the music video. Interesting title for the first single. I'm already wondering what "The Great Divide" is about.

Ana4Stapp
08-16-2005, 11:07 AM
I was thinking about that -I mean, the title--doesnt seem a rock song-its a curious name at the least :confused: , anyway have to listen to it...

creedsister
08-16-2005, 11:24 AM
yes yes my dear kind sir you go do that for us :D And I Will Have My Lips tatooed Forever to your lit fanny

titan9
08-16-2005, 11:38 AM
I was thinking about that -I mean, the title--doesnt seem a rock song-its a curious name at the least :confused: , anyway have to listen to it...

Well, since it is being released to Rock radio, it's gotta have a Rock sound to it. Like you said, though, that title doesn't seem like a typical Rock song title, which has me curious about what the song is about. I can't wait to see the lyrics for the song.

cariocawlad
08-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Finally good news!

Now I can see a light in the middle of this darkness...we got a name for the first single. Now i just can wait to hear it!!

Peace.

ctfan
08-16-2005, 09:39 PM
Scott's single, "The Great Divide," will be released to rock radio on September 26-27 according to FMQB.com.

Awesome!! :)

Agent D
08-17-2005, 12:10 AM
About f'ing time. See, now I'm willing to believe we might actually get something.

creedsister
08-17-2005, 12:28 AM
I want An Avi That Moves Like Yours Haaaaaaaa Its Awsome!!! I Want I Want I Want I Want :bounce: :bounce:

Dogstar
08-17-2005, 01:08 AM
And you'll share, right ;) :D?

Bridge of Clay
08-17-2005, 08:28 AM
And you'll share, right ;) :D?
yeah, that's the point of my post! hehe :D

A girl from PBF, which I've been told is reliable, heard the song and said it sounds like Higher.

(Did he revamped Parallelism? :P )

Dogstar
08-17-2005, 09:43 AM
^^^ :d...lol...

Frankie
08-17-2005, 10:27 AM
This is what she said...

but i can say that fans of the old school creed sound are likely to be very happy with the new song.......it reminds me quite a bit of "higher".....not that it's a copy or anything......just reminiscent......when you hear it, you will know what i am talking about........

titan9
08-17-2005, 11:24 AM
(Did he revamped Parallelism? :P )

Lol! Nice to know I'm not the only one who is reminded of Higher anytime I listen to Parallelism.:laugh:

If it's anything like the older Creed stuff(we're talking MOP and HC) then I think I'll be very pleased with the first single.

Bridge of Clay
08-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Lol! Nice to know I'm not the only one who is reminded of Higher anytime I listen to Parallelism.:laugh:

If it's anything like the older Creed stuff(we're talking MOP and HC) then I think I'll be very pleased with the first single.
ditto!

Yeah, it's the same chord progression in a Drop D Tuned guitar and the tone has similarities. (parallelism and higher, that is.) Although people I know said DTML also remind them of Higher. I don't think so... but now I'm really curious for Stapp's single.

titan9
08-17-2005, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I'm not reminded of Higher when I hear DTML. I don't get that comparison at all.

But yeah, I'm really curious to hear the single. Hopefully it is just as good as Higher was, if not better.

Ana4Stapp
08-17-2005, 05:28 PM
I dont either. ;)

Dogstar
08-18-2005, 02:28 AM
I thought the exact same thing when I heard Parallelism. It's my least favorite Submersed song, haha.

I just hope his voice is back intact.

Mr.CreedFreakTN
08-18-2005, 08:21 AM
I thought the exact same thing when I heard Parallelism. It's my least favorite Submersed song, haha.

It should be, he has a nice long time off to get into shape. I can't wait to hear it. :)

titan9
08-18-2005, 11:17 AM

I like that one a lot, actually. But not as much as some of the other tracks on that CD.

Me too. Although I don't think he'll ever have his voice back to where it was during the recordings of MOP and HC. But I will say this: his voice did sound really good when he performed "Higher" on the Nascar awards. That's obviously a good sign.

ctfan
08-18-2005, 05:15 PM
but i can say that fans of the old school creed sound are likely to be very happy with the new song.......it reminds me quite a bit of "higher".....not that it's a copy or anything......just reminiscent......when you hear it, you will know what i am talking about........

Awesome!! :)

Bridge of Clay
08-18-2005, 11:37 PM
Parallelism rules! It was my fav song for weeks! And of the new ones (which I didn't know yet) it's my favorite tied with To Peace. (I knew Flicker from before).

So, the single has not leaked yet. At least I didn't find it tonight... but I'm getting the new Switchfoot album... just out of curiosity, everybody talks about them but I never listened... if it sucks, I'll just hit "del". hehehe!

titan9
08-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I found SF's new single("Stars") on a bittorrent program a couple of weeks ago. Same with Our Lady Peace's new single("Where Are You"). I haven't seen either of those albums leaked, though. But I plan on buying both when they come out.

titan9
08-19-2005, 11:43 AM
I take that back, lol. I now see that OLP's new CD has leaked. I hope it doesn't hurt their sales. However, when I searched for Switchfoot, nothing was found. I'm assuming that someone(the label, probably) told the torrent that I'm using to take it down. I'm sure it'll still be leaked by other p2p programs, though.

Bridge of Clay
08-19-2005, 01:15 PM
*cough*mIRC*cough*

titan9
08-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Yeah, but I only use mIRC for my video downloads. I use other programs for music downloads(though if I end up downloading something and I like it, I end up buying it). Though after I posted that, I found the new SF CD on another torrent site.

Tremontixriffs
08-21-2005, 12:05 PM
I want to know where this person heard Stapp's new song? I tried limewire, ect and cannot find any leaks. Hopefully it will be a good single, I loved higher, probably one of my favorite creed songs, although I'm sure it will lack the sound of tremonti's guitar ,
Im sure it will be good.

titan9
08-22-2005, 10:32 AM
I'm guessing that she's probably good friends with someone close to Stapp, or something along those lines. I highly doubt that it's already leaked to p2p networks. When/if it does, one of us(either myself or Marcos or perhaps someone else) will gladly share it with everyone else.

Frankie
08-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Looks like "The Great Divide" is also the title of Scott's album.

http://www.canadianmusicnetwork.com/top_story02.html

Two major projects on the way from Wind-Up include the recorded return of former Creed vocalist Scott Stapp and the soundtrack to the much anticipated Johnny Cash biopic Walk the Line. Stapp's solo debut, dubbed "The Great Divide" and due Nov. 22, will be preceded by the release of the title track as a single on Sept. 27. With Creed being one of the most successful modern rock acts at retail and radio, Stapp's debut is eagerly awaited by the band's fan base, and Appleby says the vocalist is more than willing to do the necessary promo push. No word as of yet on potential Canadian live dates.

titan9
08-22-2005, 05:33 PM
Makes sense to me. I'm really starting to get excited about this CD. I think it's going to be a really good album.

Ana4Stapp
08-22-2005, 10:05 PM
According to PBF:
SCOTT STAPP Singer from CREED - Now in the process of recording his new solo album.

He said he is taking the sound of The Doors and Zepplin, combining it with Grooves that "make your 15's thump in the back" (thats 15 inch speakers that make that thump thump thump hip hop bass sound) and then combining all that and putting his sound and voice over it.

http://www.johndthomas.com/

PS: August 22- this is my 1000 post!!!!! :D

Ana4Stapp
08-22-2005, 10:11 PM
to whom missing Led Zeppelin... :rolleyes:

LOL!!!!!

titan9
08-22-2005, 10:18 PM
I recall hearing that before, lol. So I guess it's a cross between Zepplin/Doors/Creed? Interesting.

Frankie
08-22-2005, 11:40 PM
According to PBF:
SCOTT STAPP Singer from CREED - Now in the process of recording his new solo album.

He said he is taking the sound of The Doors and Zepplin, combining it with Grooves that "make your 15's thump in the back" (thats 15 inch speakers that make that thump thump thump hip hop bass sound) and then combining all that and putting his sound and voice over it.

^^^^ That has been up on JT's site for quite some time now...we just reposted it...to go along with the new pictures of Scott in the studio that were just added to the site today.

creedsister
08-23-2005, 10:12 AM
Looks like "The Great Divide" is also the title of Scott's album.

http://www.canadianmusicnetwork.com/top_story02.html
I Was However Wishing It Would Be . AWSOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam:

Agent D
08-29-2005, 10:46 PM
He really needs to stop trying to channel Jim Morrison.

creedsister
08-30-2005, 02:35 PM
:) me too haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :roll: no im serious i dont think its a channel its just a vibe thats graps stappys got morrisons well

Agent D
08-30-2005, 02:48 PM
lol as long as Stapp doesn't overdose himself in a bathtub in Paris.

titan9
08-30-2005, 02:53 PM

That could very well happen..........

But in all seriousness, Stapp is a huge Morrison fan, so if he patterns himself after his hero, I would not at all be surprised by that. I actually expect that to happen, to some extent. Just as long as Stapp makes rockin' music, I'll be happy.

creedsister
08-30-2005, 03:02 PM
:roll: i doubt hes that big of a fan

Agent D
09-01-2005, 12:18 AM
That could very well happen..........

But in all seriousness, Stapp is a huge Morrison fan, so if he patterns himself after his hero, I would not at all be surprised by that. I actually expect that to happen, to some extent. Just as long as Stapp makes rockin' music, I'll be happy.

lol you expect him to die young? Really?

titan9
09-01-2005, 10:43 AM
lol you expect him to die young? Really?

Nah, I don't think he'll pattern himself to THAT extent. But I do see him doing other things similar to Morrison.:laugh:

Agent D
09-01-2005, 07:15 PM
Nah, I don't think he'll pattern himself to THAT extent. But I do see him doing other things similar to Morrison.:laugh:

Haha oh okay.

creedsister
09-02-2005, 11:24 AM
i dont think morrison killed himself :) i think he was so high and hi soooooooooooooooooooooo he just flew away :)

PJAmerica
09-05-2005, 05:19 PM
I think Scott has been influenced by many elements of music but in the end he has his own definable style. I think the album will reflect what he brought to Creed and then some.

titan9
09-05-2005, 06:35 PM
Yeah, I agree with you. I was actually listening to the radio the other day and they played a Creed song. The DJ said after the song that "Scott Stapp is working on a solo CD that will be released shortly. I actually listened to his first single today and it sounds Creedish. That should please a lot of Creed fans." I think he also said that the song sounded really good. It's so nice to hear a DJ actually complement Stapp, instead of saying something negative about him, like most do.

Ana4Stapp
09-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I agree with you. I was actually listening to the radio the other day and they played a Creed song. The DJ said after the song that "Scott Stapp is working on a solo CD that will be released shortly. I actually listened to his first single today and it sounds Creedish. That should please a lot of Creed fans." I think he also said that the song sounded really good. It's so nice to hear a DJ actually complement Stapp, instead of saying something negative about him, like most do.

Lets wait for this... ;)

Ana4Stapp
09-05-2005, 06:41 PM

double post --sorry