Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Alter Bridge All-Star Info [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Alter Bridge All-Star Info

Gabriel
07-08-2005, 12:17 AM
It's official!! Alter Bridge will be playing live at the Home Run Derby in front of 45,000 fans and a National TV audience of millions as part of MLB's All Star Weekend. This will take place around 7:45PM Eastern time on Monday night and will be broadcast live on ESPN on the Baseball Tonight Pre-game show. The actual Home Run Derby starts at 8:00PM.

Also after the derby, at 10:00PM Eastern time check out the Legends Softball game on ESPN because Mark Tremonti is playing in it! The softball game actually takes place on Sunday night but ESPN is broadcasting it on Monday.

Also, for those who have not seen it yet, relive AB playing with the Red Sox on MLB.com. Here is the link to the video.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/events/all_star/y2005/index.jsp

Also check out this interview with Mark on MLB.com.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050705&content_id=1116727&vkey=allstar2005&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

TeriB19
07-08-2005, 12:23 AM
Awesome news, Michael. Please tell the guys we'll be watching!!!!!!

Dogstar
07-08-2005, 01:30 AM
That's fantastic. Thanks for the news, Michael!

Bridge of Clay
07-08-2005, 08:54 AM
sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Michael!

I wonder how many songs they're playing...

I hope next ESPN broadcasts it for Brazil as well... sometimes they replace American events for ESPN Latin America... argH!

The Lithium
07-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Now who's ripping it? I'm sure ABB.net will be ripping the songs, but I wanna see the GAME too!!!

titan9
07-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Ok, I am officially envious of my brother.:D He HAS tickets to the All-Star game and the HR derby. That means he's gonna see one of my favorite bands performing live and I'm not going to see them in person! I am so making him take the digital camera and take some pictures for me. If only I had 200 bucks to spend on a HR derby ticket, I could go to it!

Anyway, this is great news and hopefully even more people find out about Alter Bridge's great music because of this.

scrit
07-08-2005, 01:46 PM
Thats awsome! I probably won't be seeing it though since I'll be on vacation..

Dogstar
07-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Ok, I am officially envious of my brother.:D He HAS tickets to the All-Star game and the HR derby. That means he's gonna see one of my favorite bands performing live and I'm not going to see them in person! I am so making him take the digital camera and take some pictures for me. If only I had 200 bucks to spend on a HR derby ticket, I could go to it!

Anyway, this is great news and hopefully even more people find out about Alter Bridge's great music because of this.
Wow, way cool for your brother. I wish you could go, too, titan!

Dogstar
07-08-2005, 03:21 PM
Now who's ripping it?

Exactly what I was thinking, since I don't have cable and won't be able to see it :(

The Lithium
07-08-2005, 05:50 PM
You should check ABB.net. If you wanna be sure just request it on her Forum!

Soundslave
07-08-2005, 10:24 PM
While ESPN will televise the "Open Your Eyes" performance, Tremonti said the Comerica crowd also will see Alter Bridge perform a KISS standard, "Detroit Rock City." There will be something familiar about a lot of power hitters clubbing balls over the wall at Comerica on that night, and there will be something familiar about the rock group playing as part of the festivities.

That's a shame. I'd love to see that cover.

I'll try my best to rip the performance and the softball game, but since the device that I use to rip TV with rarely works, I can't make any promises.

titan9
07-09-2005, 10:03 PM
Wow, way cool for your brother. I wish you could go, too, titan!

Yeah, like I said, I'm going to get him to take the camera and snap some pictures of the games and of Alter Bridge performing. The real shame is that he is not an Alter Bridge fan. He doesn't dislike them, but hasn't been open to giving their music a chance, despite me telling him to buy ODR.:laugh: But my bro knows how much I like Alter Bridge and I'm sure he'll snap some good pictures for me. I'll definitely remind him to, lol. If he does, I plan on uploading them to a photo-sharing site so you guys can see'em if you'd like.

Dogstar
07-09-2005, 11:25 PM
...But my bro knows how much I like Alter Bridge and I'm sure he'll snap some good pictures for me. I'll definitely remind him to, lol. If he does, I plan on uploading them to a photo-sharing site so you guys can see'em if you'd like.
:thumbsup:

Bridge of Clay
07-10-2005, 01:07 PM
I'm positive either Stace or Miguel will rip it. Besides, we can always count on the videopimp staff as well!

GregS
07-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Amazing performance from the boys..

uncertaindrumer
07-12-2005, 12:04 AM
Daggone them. they have to go play OYE...

Trimontana
07-12-2005, 05:41 AM
Check the link; has been posted an interview with Mark and the performace of OYE
ALter Bridge at MNB (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/events/all_star/y2005/alter_bridge/)
They look awesome with those beisball t.shirts.LOL ;)

The Lithium
07-12-2005, 06:36 AM
Anyone ripped it?

titan9
07-12-2005, 10:51 AM
Not that I know of. But I can't wait til someone does rip it. It was an awesome performance. I kinda expected Damon to be up there, but was still surprised when he joined them right before the solo. I definitely didn't expect Mike Piazza. Who would have known that he was an Alter Bridge fan as well? I was really happy to see Mark wearing a Tigers jersey. Good thing he remembered his roots, lol.

I watched the Celebrity Softball game afterwards and was pretty disappointed. Mark batted 12th in the line up and, as a result, only got one at bat the entire 4 inning game. And he grounded out. He didn't play defense until the very last inning of the game, but he did catch a flyball which was better than some of those softball players, lol. They billed Mark as being "one of the founding members of Creed" and also talked about Alter Bridge a little bit.

Trem24Fan
07-12-2005, 10:55 AM
Man I wish they would've played something else, the song kind dragged on. J Damon and Piazza looked a little dorky up there too. I love AB, seen them twice on tour, but watching it live on TV, it seemed .... uncomfortable or something. I don't know. Maybe its becuase the song has been out for a year now and kinda sick of it, or the 2 baseball dudes up there looking a little dorky. I mean at a club or something I think you can pull that off (like last year in Boston) but out there, in the daylight, out in the middle of baseball field, with a bunch of baseball fans, and Chris Berman announcing some home grown music, it looked kinda stupid.

uncertaindrumer
07-12-2005, 11:03 AM
Man I wish they would've played something else, the song kind dragged on. J Damon and Piazza looked a little dorky up there too. I love AB, seen them twice on tour, but watching it live on TV, it seemed .... uncomfortable or something. I don't know. Maybe its becuase the song has been out for a year now and kinda sick of it, or the 2 baseball dudes up there looking a little dorky. I mean at a club or something I think you can pull that off (like last year in Boston) but out there, in the daylight, out in the middle of baseball field, with a bunch of baseball fans, and Chris Berman announcing some home grown music, it looked kinda stupid.

They looked silly.

titan9
07-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Lol, they did look different with the baseball jerseys. But you had to know that they'd all be wearing All-Star jerseys and that Mark would wear a Tigers jersey. I actually thought it was cool that they all(with the exception of Mark) had customized All-Star jerseys. I wish they would have shown them singing "Detroit Rock City", though.

uncertaindrumer
07-12-2005, 12:42 PM
No I meant Johhny Damon and Mike Piazza--ESPECIALLY Piazza. He had one drum stick and was playing air drums, then air guitar, then just slamming his head back and forth... Damon looked stupid but at least he was pretending to sing...

But yeah, AB looked silly as well... It was really the first time I think I have ever seen Myles sing and I DIDN'T think he sounded awesome...

titan9
07-12-2005, 02:29 PM
I agree with you there, Piazza did look like a dork. I just watched the performance again on MLB.com and Piazza looked really stupid up there. Damon came off a lot better than Piazza did, though.

I also agree with you about Myles. He sounded good, but did not sound as great as he usually does live. Then again, OYE doesn't really showcase Myles vocal ability as much as say Find the Real does or even One Day Remains. I'm willing to bet that if AB played FTR, Myles would have hit that high note at the end perfectly. Overall, though, Myles didn't sing great but he did sing pretty good, imo.

tremonti4life04
07-12-2005, 03:33 PM
Myles did sound off on the vocals, and when Mark did the solo, he sounded like he went out of key a little wee bit. Not bad tho, that, and you have to figure, its an outside show, the acoustics for a PA system outside is a lot different than that of an inside PA system

uncertaindrumer
07-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Yeah, they SHOULD have played find the real...

Bridge of Clay
07-12-2005, 06:01 PM
nah, OYE is the song that motivated Red Sox last season if I recall.

It's a shame ESPN didn't broadcast Detroit Rock City.

titan9
07-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Yeah, it was OYE and One Last Breath that motivated them, I believe. The reason I mention OLB is that I recall hearing on here that, after game 3 of the ALCS against the Yankees, Damon played OLB before each Red Sox game that followed in that series. Of course, Damon is/was a big fan of Creed(used them many times as his at bat music and probably still does) so it makes sense that he did that. And it apparently brought them some good luck.

I agree, I would have loved for them to have played FTR. But I understand why they played OYE. I only wish that they could have played one other song off of ODR and had that broadcasted as well.

titan9
07-12-2005, 06:58 PM
It's a shame ESPN didn't broadcast Detroit Rock City.

Agreed. If anyone was watching Baseball Tonight, towards the end of that show before the Derby, you could actually hear Alter Bridge playing and see the pyros going off. But the announcers were blabbing, so you couldn't hear what song they were playing, but I assume it was Detroit Rock City. ESPN could have easily broadcast that, but decided not to.

UK_Bridge
07-13-2005, 10:13 AM
yeah just saw it on nasn, great performance and they have got to get a new band member mike piazza he was quality

Trimontana
07-13-2005, 03:25 PM
Anyone ripped it?

The moderators from ABB.Net let me know that everyone is interested in the download of the clip they can do it at ABB.Net with no problem.
Just click this link ABB.Net (http://www.alterbridgeband.net/) click then MEDIA on the top of the page. After click VIDEO on the left side of the page and then scroll down till you find under the name of LIVE the performnace of AB at the Home Run Derby.
Enjoy y'all
Gabixxx

The Lithium
07-14-2005, 03:26 PM
Thanks, finally!!

The Lithium
07-14-2005, 04:18 PM
Man I'm disappointed! Less fucking baseball and more Alter Bridge for the people! The sound was very, very awful and they didn't care to film the band that much...

titan9
07-14-2005, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I agree about the sound. But it was an outdoor stadium, so I guess you couldn't really expect great sound, but it could have been better. I also agree about showing more of Alter Bridge. But I understand that they(MLB and ESPN) had to promote the Derby by mixing in footage of the participants. They still could have showed the guys more, though.

The Lithium
07-14-2005, 07:34 PM
Yeah, and they could have showed the guys during the chourse or Mark's solo! Not just the verses!

Agent D
07-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Man I'm disappointed! Less fucking baseball and more Alter Bridge for the people! The sound was very, very awful and they didn't care to film the band that much...

Couldn't agree more. The whole thing sucked. Myles sounded off, Mark is capable of a better solo, and if I see Damon being associated with AB one more time I'm going to flip out. It was entirely unnecesary for him and Piazza to be on stage with the band. Neither of them are professional musicians. Not to mention, you couldn't hear Damon (assuming he was really singing) and Piazza just didn't do anything. And don't even get me started on them cutting away from the band so much.

The further Alter Bridge gets from baseball, the better.

uncertaindrumer
07-16-2005, 08:11 PM

Man that was a great post.

Also, Titan, I understand WHY they played OYE. I still don't agree with it.

titan9
07-16-2005, 09:59 PM
See, I like the fact that Damon was up there. If you know what happened last October in Boston(and everyone here does), then it all makes perfect sense. Think about it: Damon's a huge fan of the band, he came on stage back at that concert in Boston(after the Sox beat the Angels) and he's friends with Mark and I'm sure with the rest of the guys by now. Plus, when the Sox played the Yankees in the opening series, Baseball Tonight did a feature on Alter Bridge and talked a lot about that particular Boston performance and showed clips of it, all while playing OYE. I feel that it just seems natural when Alter Bridge is doing something in conjunction with MLB to tie the Red Sox or Damon into it. Considering Damon was an All-Star and thus was at the game and Derby, it was to be expected that he would be on there and I completely expected that.

However, I agree that Piazza had no place, whatsoever, being up there. If they wanted someone else besides Damon to be up there, it should have been Kevin Millar or one of the other Sox who were apart of the Boston thing. Piazza looked like a complete dork up there with AB. Damon at least fit in.

I'm sure it was for the better that we did not hear Damon singing, lol. He sounded downright awful when he attempted that with AB before.

I honestly think that this whole thing was good for AB. For one, it exposes them to a large number of people and it helps them to get more well known and get more established. They performed before 30-40,000 people in that Stadium and millions at home. It's good exposure for them and it should help them to gain more fans and momentum.

titan9
07-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Also, Titan, I understand WHY they played OYE. I still don't agree with it.

Yeah, like you, I would have preferred them to play another song. FTR or ODR would have been so awesome. But, you can't get everything you wish for. I'm just pleased that they performed at the Derby.

Agent D
07-16-2005, 11:28 PM
It doesn't make perfect sense, Titan, if you're like me and hate baseball and hate the Sox. I'm in hell right now with all this baseball-related AB crap. Someone tell me when they just go back on regular tour or start on the next album.

Dogstar
07-16-2005, 11:33 PM
I'm a Red Sox fan, but man, Agent, lighten up ;). They're just having some fun and helloooo, they were playing at the All-Star Game, so none of this is really out of line, IMO...I haven't seen the performance, but I hope it was good. With that kind of exposure, you don't need a shitty performance.

titan9
07-17-2005, 09:29 AM
It doesn't make perfect sense, Titan, if you're like me and hate baseball and hate the Sox. I'm in hell right now with all this baseball-related AB crap. Someone tell me when they just go back on regular tour or start on the next album.

Yeah, obviously, if you hate Baseball or hate the Sox, then you're gonna be irate when one of your favorite bands does something with the Sox or MLB. Since I'm a big sports fan and a baseball fan and a Damon fan(he's a great lead off hitter), the performance didn't bother me at all and I thought it was pretty cool.

I don't think the performance itself was bad. Myles wasn't at his best on the mic, but he still sounded decent and so did the rest of the band. Believe me, I have heard worse live performances from other bands.

uncertaindrumer
07-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Certainly, but AB's strong suit is their live show and that did not show. Oh well.

I hate the Sox with a passion so the fact that Damon looked so stupid up there makes me happy. lol

Actually he is the ONLY Red Sox player I don't completely hate... and since his contract is up this year, and the Yankees need a centerfielder AND a lead-off man...

Dogstar
07-17-2005, 05:08 PM
F*ck the Yankees :mad:

Trimontana
07-17-2005, 05:25 PM

LOL

Dogstar
07-17-2005, 05:28 PM
Heh, sorry. Couldn't help myself ;).

uncertaindrumer
07-17-2005, 05:40 PM

Just the mature response I would expect from a Red Sox fan.

titan9
07-17-2005, 05:47 PM
You know, I actually wouldn't mind Caveman coming to the Yankees. I mean, it's cool seeing him as a Red Sox, but it would be just as cool to see him as a Yankee. And man would that make the Yankees starting line up unbeatable.:laugh:

Dogstar
07-17-2005, 05:48 PM
Just the mature response I would expect from a Red Sox fan.
Oh, lighten up. I was just having some fun.

Agent D
07-17-2005, 05:54 PM
Regardless of where Damon's going, I'd really like to see AB getting back to doing things that doesn't alienate the football fans around here. ;)

titan9
07-17-2005, 08:36 PM
Regardless of where Damon's going, I'd really like to see AB getting back to doing things that doesn't alienate the football fans around here. ;)

I wouldn't mind AB performing at a Detroit Lions or Tennessee Titans game or even at the Super Bowl.:D

uncertaindrumer
07-17-2005, 09:58 PM
Oh, lighten up. I was just having some fun.

I was joking. :D

uncertaindrumer
07-17-2005, 09:59 PM
I wouldn't mind AB performing at a Detroit Lions or Tennessee Titans game or even at the Super Bowl.:D

What I'd like to see is AB playing at a Tennessee Titans game that just happens to BE the Super Bowl :D :D

Dogstar
07-17-2005, 10:38 PM
I was joking. :D
OK :D...btw, the SKANKEES pwned the Sox this weekend :shame:...

titan9
07-18-2005, 02:07 PM
What I'd like to see is AB playing at a Tennessee Titans game that just happens to BE the Super Bowl :D :D

Oh man would that be awesome! It'd be even more awesome if the Titans play against the Detroit Lions AND Alter Bridge performed. I'd cry tears of joy if that happened.:D You know that the S-Bowl is in Detroit this coming year, so Alter Bridge COULD perform at the half time show, considering they do have that Detroit connection. I would love for the half time show to go in a different direction this year: all Rock bands. Or at least ONE authentic Rock band at the half-time or pre-game performances. I'm getting sick of all these Pop or R&B or oldies performers. Don't get me wrong, McCartney is a legend, but he doesn't really appeal to the younger generation. And, you know an Alter Bridge performance wouldn't offend people like the whole Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake thing did. Alter Bridge is wholesome entertainment!:laugh:

uncertaindrumer
07-18-2005, 07:46 PM
OK :D...btw, the SKANKEES pwned the Sox this weekend :shame:...

That they did. You couldn't even beat Al Lieter. ROFL

Agent D
07-19-2005, 05:40 PM

Now you're talking. ;) Except that I prefer the Giants...

uncertaindrumer
07-19-2005, 10:01 PM
Now you're talking. ;) Except that I prefer the Giants...

Lol, I would liek to see the Titans and the Giants in the Super Bowl. I couldn't lose then, I love them both. I would rather Tennessee win, but my dad grew up in NY and ever since I was 4 I have rooted for NY teams.

titan9
07-20-2005, 10:46 AM
I'm no big fan of the Giants, but I would not mind seeing Jeremy Shockey in the Superbowl. I mean, he is one of my favorite players in the NFL and he'd be going against my favorite team.:laugh:

Dogstar
07-20-2005, 11:52 AM
I would have to root for the Titans in that case. I can't stand the Giants, or any NY teams, for that matter :D.

Agent D
07-20-2005, 03:32 PM
Right on, UncertainDrummer!

lol I knew I was going to get a lot of reactions to that.

Dogstar
07-21-2005, 12:04 AM
That they did. You couldn't even beat Al Lieter. ROFL
I KNOW! That was ^%$#@@!# pathetic :D! But, the Sockies are back in first...all's right with the baseball world :D ;).

titan9
07-21-2005, 12:36 PM
No, not everything is right in the baseball world. Damon's hit streak ended on Monday. I wanted it to continue for another 30 games and I wanted him to continue to get me hits on my fantasy team.:( j/k But he did hit a HR yesterday, so it's all cool.:D

Dogstar
07-21-2005, 12:55 PM
LOL, titan. Well, at least he picked up where he left off. You can't complain about his numbers for your fantasy team. He's been awesome this year.

titan9
07-21-2005, 02:38 PM
That's true. I just actually traded for him a couple of weeks ago, because I wanted to draft him originally. He might not hit a ton of HRs or drive in a bunch of runs, but he consistently scores runs and gets a lot of hits. Can't complain about that.:D

uncertaindrumer
07-22-2005, 09:57 AM
I actually drafted Derrek Lee... in, like the seventh round ;)