Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Alter Bridge should've played on Live 8 [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Alter Bridge should've played on Live 8

The Lithium
07-03-2005, 07:57 AM
Hey everybody!

I guess no one missed the Live 8 shows? Freaking amazing! Anyway... Can you imagine a song more perfect than "Broken Wings" for a Live 8 manifestation? I mean even Simple Plan were there and they played "Shut Up". What the hell does that has to do with Africans dying?

"Fight the fight alone
When the world is full of victims
Dims a fading light
In our souls"

They should've been up there on one of the stages and they should have been a part of something that hopefully will change history!

riggersversion1
07-03-2005, 09:33 AM
Hey everybody!

I guess no one missed the Live 8 shows? Freaking amazing! Anyway... Can you imagine a song more perfect than "Broken Wings" for a Live 8 manifestation? I mean even Simple Plan were there and they played "Shut Up". What the hell does that has to do with Africans dying?

"Fight the fight alone
Dims a fading light
In our souls"

They should've been up there on one of the stages and they should have been a part of something that hopefully will change history!

I think if Creed were still together they would have definitely performed on one of the Live 8 shows. AB aren't as well known worldwide to the general media like the other bands who performed.

Anna1011
07-03-2005, 02:21 PM
yeah i think they should have played and even though they arent all that well known i wouldnt have matter there where bands that played that people may have never of heard before all that matters was that they where there helping out

Ana4Stapp
07-03-2005, 05:51 PM
yeah i think they should have played and even though they arent all that well known i wouldnt have matter there where bands that played that people may have never of heard before all that matters was that they where there helping out

well... Whose faUlt is it? :rolleyes:

Dogstar
07-03-2005, 06:16 PM
^^^ Hahaha!

bobben
07-03-2005, 06:28 PM
OYE would also be great to play on live8!! The chorus lyrics suits perfectly for one of the missions of the whole thing!

Xterminator27
07-04-2005, 02:29 AM
Live 8 kicked ass.

I was there in the chaos in fairly good spots too.

Chase
07-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Creed would've been a candidate I'm sure... but Alter Bridge is now at the bottom of the totem pole.

titan9
07-04-2005, 07:46 PM
Yeah, I wholeheartedly agree, Alter Bridge SHOULD have been there. I know if the organizers would have asked Alter Bridge to perform there, the guys would have been there. My sister actually said "I see some bands I like there, so where are some of the bands you like at? Why aren't they helping out?" I wanted so badly to say that if Creed were still together, I guarantee they would have been there. They were among the top Rock bands in the world at their highest point, so they definitely would have been asked to play at one of the concerts and I know they would have said yes. Only the well known Rock bands were at Live 8, not the bands that are still trying to establish themselves(i.e. Alter Bridge). Even then, only a few Rock bands were there. I sure didn't see as many Rock bands as I thought I would.

uncertaindrumer
07-05-2005, 12:00 AM
If Alter Bridge had played Live 8 I would have been dissapointed--outside of U2 and Paul, only crappy no talent morons got invited.

TeriB19
07-05-2005, 05:55 AM
Wow, did you run out for munchies during Pink Floyd?

Muad'Dib
07-05-2005, 09:54 AM
If Alter Bridge had played Live 8 I would have been dissapointed--outside of U2 and Paul, only crappy no talent morons got invited.

From what I can remember Pink Floyd, Velvet Revolver, REM, Bon Jovi, The Who, Brian Wilson and maybe Audioslave (not sure, probably other bands I cant remember too) all performed for Live 8. Strange to me that doesnt look like a a bunch of "crappy no talent morons". :rolleyes:

titan9
07-05-2005, 12:40 PM
From what I can remember Pink Floyd, Velvet Revolver, REM, Bon Jovi, The Who, Brian Wilson and maybe Audioslave (not sure, probably other bands I cant remember too) all performed for Live 8. Strange to me that doesnt look like a a bunch of "crappy no talent morons". :rolleyes:

Yeah, I saw Audioslave there singing "Like a Stone". I don't know how many other songs they sung, as that was the only time that I saw'em on TV. I heard about VR being there but did not see'em on TV. While there were quite a few really good artists there, there were also some really cruddy artists(Good Charlotte, Simple Plan etc.) at Live 8.

Wylde-Tremonti
07-05-2005, 03:22 PM
Man I missed VR and Audio Slave!!! The only good band i saw was Pink Floyd..

Anna1011
07-05-2005, 03:24 PM
there were some shitty bands in th UK but all over the world there where many good ones

RoffeDH
07-06-2005, 07:30 AM
Hey! Good to see that so many listen to Pink Floyd! I'm with Lith, AB should have played, they would have played if they would have been asked, but they're still at the bottom trying to establish themselfs... I thought that most bands just got up there and played their hits like Marone Five (or how you spell it), WHAT THE F*CK DOSE THAT SONG HAVE WITH STOPPING HUNGER!(Offtoppic: How many think that Pink Floyd will get together and to a reunion tour? I mean Roger Waters look quite happy on stage, and it was he who broke up the band in the first place)

The Lithium
07-07-2005, 11:15 AM
I only hope the G8 meeting goes well now. I read Bush said that he will only agree with changes that is good for the US. Yeah, that will help stopping hunger in Africa. Asshole!! But then again he seemed to change his mind in Denmark.

I hope everything goes well and that what happened in London, (sorry you guys), won't have big effected on the meeting.

bgivens33
07-08-2005, 09:23 PM
Wow, did you run out for munchies during Pink Floyd?

:) :) .... yea no one else was good besides U2 and Paul... those Pink Floyd guys suck :)

RoffeDH
07-09-2005, 01:24 AM
those Pink Floyd guys suck :)
What! Sorry 'bout this, nothing personal, but... F*CK YOU! Pink Floyd dose not suck! First off! Thats a realy lousy way to say you do not like their music since their THE(!) BAND of the century! No other band can match with them! So don't say THEY suck, say you do not like THEM!
;) Still, nothing pesronal! :)

uncertaindrumer
07-10-2005, 12:43 PM

Wow... I must have missed quite a bit. Now I feel stupid. Were they all really there? Geez... every time I turned the TV on it was some stupid rapper or pop singer.

Oh well.

*does double take*

BON JOVI?! I love Bon Jovi... how on earth did I miss them? I also love Audioslave. How'd I miss them?

How'd I miss all these people? What did you guys watch it on? Cuz I seem to have missed everyone who was good...

uncertaindrumer
07-10-2005, 12:44 PM
What! Sorry 'bout this, nothing personal, but... F*CK YOU! Pink Floyd dose not suck! First off! Thats a realy lousy way to say you do not like their music since their THE(!) BAND of the century! No other band can match with them! So don't say THEY suck, say you do not like THEM!

Uh, Pink Floyd is great and all... but band of the century? I can't say I could agree with that...

WeatheredWoman
07-20-2005, 07:34 AM
Hey everybody!

"Fight the fight alone
Dims a fading light
In our souls"

AGREED!

evyllsummer
12-13-2005, 10:52 PM
the "Live 9" does sound kinda cool...

IamFilthy
12-14-2005, 12:05 AM

Nothing personal???? How is "Fuck You" not personal? If someone doesn't like PF SO WHAT?? Stop cryin' like a lil' baby and realize not everyone has to agree with you and if someone dislikes PF for no other reason than "they suck", get over it.Oh,..and by the way,...I happen to agree with you on PF.

RoffeDH
12-14-2005, 06:51 AM
Uh the reason it's nothing personal is becouse it's nothing personal, I expressed my feelings in a "good way" and since I said nothing personal people often understands what you mean I have nothing personal against bgivens33 just against his opinion on PF...

I'm not crying, I just can't see how anyone doesn't like PF, atleast one song of them if it so is "another brick in the wall part 2"...

YOU LIKE PF!!! Then there might just be some hope for you to

The Lithium
12-14-2005, 08:53 AM
Wow, this thread is old... Thought this discussion was dead.

evyllsummer
12-14-2005, 09:19 AM
Wow, this thread is old... Thought this discussion was dead.

long story...