Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Forget September!!!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Forget September!!!!

Ana4Stapp
06-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Got it on PBF site:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/17/AR2005061701753.html

And yes, this is a very long article and tell us about Diana Meltzer and Wind Up, but the most intersting part its here:

"The moves come amid a shifting radio landscape and as Evanescence and former Creed frontman Scott Stapp, the label's most bankable stars, find themselves at a crossroads. Both acts are tentatively set to release albums in November that will mark new creative directions in the wake of Stapp's split with Creed and Moody's exit from Evanescence"

November??? Wasnt it scheduled to release in August or September ?

After this I really dont know...what's going on??? And what about you guys??? Is Stapp really going to release his cd this year??? :confused:

Dogstar
06-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Well, I hope the writer's wrong about the November release, but something tells me he's not. That was an interesting read. I wonder how long before they sell out to one of the big corporate conglomerates.

There hasn't been an official release date for Stapp's record that I can recall, just a general time, like August.

titan9
06-20-2005, 02:13 PM
*sigh* Another delay, apparently. Of course, the writer could be wrong, but something tells me he is not. I'm starting to get used to the delays, sadly. I hope this CD is still going to come out in August or September, but if it comes out in November, so be it. I'll still buy it.

uncertaindrumer
06-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Wow. Making fun of Stapp contnues to get easier.

lol

Although one minor point; Is Stapp REALLY still marketable? I mean everyone I know hates him, and everyone I have ALWAYS known hates him--minus a few people I have met on CF. Sure there are the teenage girls who were always what he relied on, but hasn't that fanbase grown UP in the time since he has put anything out? Why would a new set of them suddenly like him? Or even know about him? For instance, my sister was about 14-18 while Creed was huge and she loved him--not she didn't even know Stapp was MAKING a solo CD.

Just curious. I really don't see how he is still marketable. But oh well, time will tell.

titan9
06-20-2005, 05:36 PM
You know, you've brought up a good point there. He'll always have the die hard fans and the fans that really respect him as a vocalist and lyricist. The question is: how many of those fans are out there? If he's got a lot of those fans, Wind-Up has nothing to worry about. But if he doesn't....well, Stapp's gonna have to come out with something really good. Not just good by a Creed fan's standards, not just good by a Stapp fan's standards, but something really good by a critic's standards. Alter Bridge came out with a CD that won over some people who hated Creed. They came out with a CD that won over people who didn't care for Creed. Can Stapp do the same thing? I think he can, but it really depends on how creative he is with his solo CD(s). He can't just copy off of the Creed sound; he can't copy off another artist. He needs to find his own sound and be creative, vocally, musically and lyrically. Will there be those annoying 14-year-old teeny boppers who enjoy Stapp? Of course. A lot of artists that are successful commercially have those teeny boppers. Doesn't make them any less talented, unless they really aren't talented in the first place. It should be interesting to see what happens. I still think Stapp will sell more copies of his first solo CD than Alter Bridge did with their debut. That doesn't necessarily make him more successful or better, though.

Ana4Stapp
06-20-2005, 05:59 PM
I still think Stapp will sell more copies of his first solo CD than Alter Bridge did with their debut

Yeah, titan I think you are right! Well, I hope he can do his best. ;) But the delays are getting me mad. :rolleyes:

TeriB19
06-20-2005, 07:21 PM
How much do you want to bet it will be pushed back to January? I don't see it coming in time for Christmas. Is it ok for us to be upset about this or will we be bashing again?

Bridge of Clay
06-20-2005, 09:55 PM
first "speculation" date was February if I recall. then August... then September... now November...

maybe the first one was right... it's February! Feb 2006!

Ana4Stapp
06-20-2005, 10:04 PM
first "speculation" date was February if I recall. then August... then September... now November...

maybe the first one was right... it's February! Feb 2006!

Marcos, you are the best,man!!!
:headbang: :banghead: :laugh::lolsign: :laugh: :laugh:

TeriB19
06-20-2005, 10:39 PM
it's February! Feb 2006!
That's exactly it!!! Marcos, you is a geeeeenius.

titan9
06-20-2005, 10:43 PM
How much do you want to bet it will be pushed back to January? I don't see it coming in time for Christmas. Is it ok for us to be upset about this or will we be bashing again?

Hey, I think it's perfectly acceptable to be angry about all of the delays. I'm even a bit annoyed. I hate the fact that a month keeps being announced and then, later on, we come to find out that the CD has been delayed again.

tremonti4life04
06-20-2005, 11:13 PM
my son will be 90 years old before stapp puts out an album

Dogstar
06-21-2005, 01:33 AM
I agree. I don't think it's coming out at all this year. In fact, I'm starting to wonder if it ever will. I still think he has a lot of marketability left, if he gets it out soon. My hairdresser is a huge Creed fan, but she's really not a big rock fan. She LOVES Scott's voice, though, and she has said she'd buy anything he put out. I think there are a lot of fans like that. Some people didn't become Creed fans until Weathered, which was the lightest of the three CDs. I think the fans who really like that CD the best will buy his stuff.

ctfan
06-21-2005, 01:49 AM
I'm not gonna bash or slam Stapp, or anyone else connected to his cd for the delay. I'm sure there is a good reason. I just know I'll buy it when it comes out. :)

tremonti4life04
06-21-2005, 09:51 AM
I wasnt bashing him, i was being a realist.

uncertaindrumer
06-21-2005, 12:43 PM
I'm not gonna bash or slam Stapp, or anyone else connected to his cd for the delay. I'm sure there is a good reason. I just know I'll buy it when it comes out. :)

Out of curiosity, what in the past has led you to believe there is a good reason for this delay?

Or ANY delay? I mean, I'm pissed that Alter Bridge is waiting until spring of next year to put their next album out.

Dogstar
06-21-2005, 12:53 PM
I wasnt bashing him, i was being a realist.
Exactly. Nobody's bashing Stapp. We're just expressing our frustration at waiting and waiting for something that keeps being promised but has not been delivered.

ctfan
06-21-2005, 01:22 PM
I never said that I thought anyone was bashing. I just said that *I* wasn't gonna bash or slam "Stapp or anyone else connected to his cd for the delay".

ctfan
06-21-2005, 01:32 PM
Out of curiosity, what in the past has led you to believe there is a good reason for this delay?

Or ANY delay? I mean, I'm pissed that Alter Bridge is waiting until spring of next year to put their next album out.

Just my opinion dude, that's all.

uncertaindrumer
06-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Lol, I know. I'm extremely impatient.

creedsister
06-21-2005, 03:39 PM
my son will be 90 years old before stapp puts out an album
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Just My Opion i dont see the world here in 90 years HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

creedsister
06-21-2005, 03:45 PM
I founded it on PBF site:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/17/AR2005061701753.html

And yes, this is a very long article and tell us about Diana Meltzer and Wind Up, but the most intersting part its here:

"The moves come amid a shifting radio landscape and as Evanescence and former Creed frontman Scott Stapp, the label's most bankable stars, find themselves at a crossroads. Both acts are tentatively set to release albums in November that will mark new creative directions in the wake of Stapp's split with Creed and Moody's exit from Evanescence"

November??? Wasnt it scheduled to release in August or September ?

After this I really dont know...what's going on??? And what about you guys??? Is Stapp really going to release his cd this year??? :confused:
HAAAAAAA LMAO When I Read This Diane I think had a sudden change of heart b/c of creed to Not Adopt Children But Bands HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Bridge of Clay
06-21-2005, 04:24 PM
your posts are too confusing. it's hard to tell what you mean.

bobben
06-21-2005, 05:49 PM
How cool wouldn't it be if Ben Moody and Stapp united in a new band or something like that!? A success receipt for sure! :D

uncertaindrumer
06-21-2005, 07:07 PM
your posts are too confusing. it's hard to tell what you mean.

Since BoC brought it up I will make this plea: PLEASE learn how to type and spell. It is incourteous and almost rude to expect us to figure out what you are saying when you make posts. NO one understands what the heck you are saying.

Thank you, /mini-rant

titan9
06-21-2005, 07:15 PM
You know, I'd like to see a Eric Durrance/Stapp collaboration. That's just me, though.:laugh:

Anyway, I do think the CD will eventually come out, I'm just not sure if it'll be this year or next year.

Ana4Stapp
06-21-2005, 07:44 PM
HAAAAAAA LMAO When I Read This Diane I think had a sudden change of heart b/c of creed to Not Adopt Children But Bands HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LOL - Actually just now I figured waht you meant, cause first I could not see whta was wrong with my post. :confused: :nut:

But let me clarify it to all the people here:

She landed in A&R by accident. She wanted to adopt children, but when she saw Creed for the first time, she decided her talents might be better-served adopting bands

Hope it helps!!! :rolleyes:

scrit
06-21-2005, 09:32 PM
Well this is..annoying (the delay I mean)

I'm not up to date in all things stapp, can anyone tell me who/if he has a band working with him as of now?

Bridge of Clay
06-21-2005, 09:47 PM
LOL - Actually just now I figured waht you meant, cause first I could not see whta was wrong with my post. :confused: :nut:

But let me clarify it to all the people here:

Hope it helps!!! :rolleyes:
makes sense now. but all the typos and phrases still make it hard for me.

aussiecreeder
06-22-2005, 08:00 AM
this just in stapp's solo album will be coming out the same day as "chinese democracy" and zack de la rocha's solo album. amazing..........

uncertaindrumer
06-22-2005, 01:07 PM
this just in stapp's solo album will be coming out the same day as "chinese democracy" and zack de la rocha's solo album. amazing..........

OLD'D!

lol, jk. Funny joke. Just been done before, lol

bobben
06-22-2005, 05:41 PM
You know, I'd like to see a Eric Durrance/Stapp collaboration. That's just me, though.:laugh:

haha....that would be too "yeeeeeah! Jesus I love you!"!! :D

The Lithium
06-22-2005, 07:44 PM
November??? Wasnt it scheduled to release in August or September?
It was set for November 2003 - February! :D

Higher_Desire
06-23-2005, 12:46 AM
I got 20 bucks that says Stapp's album will never come out. Any takers?

H-D :pimp:

tremonti4life04
06-23-2005, 09:14 AM
Oh, it will come out, just not this lifetime or the next. I think its funny that AB is already planning to release another album in the spring of next year, where stappy is probably still rallying the pawn shoppers :)

aussiecreeder
06-23-2005, 09:38 AM
OLD'D!

lol, jk. Funny joke. Just been done before, lol

lol admit i wasen't exactly re-inventing the wheel with that joke but you got to admit that joke is funny cause its true lol. i'm obviously out of the AB loop....spring (northern spring) of next year for another album i read on this page? awesome! :D

uncertaindrumer
06-23-2005, 10:58 AM
lol admit i wasen't exactly re-inventing the wheel with that joke but you got to admit that joke is funny cause its true lol. i'm obviously out of the AB loop....spring (northern spring) of next year for another album i read on this page? awesome! :D

Well that is what Tremonti said but no official plans yet... And it is only awesome for ye of patience, lol

uncertaindrumer
06-23-2005, 11:01 AM
Hmm, that is hilarious... I say their album is supposedly coming out next spring and then I literally ten seconds later find out Flip said it will come out next fall...

DANG YOU! ALL OF YOU! Wind Up's Bands are like sloths, darnit! Hurry up!

Actually I wouldn't be that upset if they actually TOURED somewhere near me...

Muad'Dib
06-23-2005, 11:06 AM
Lets hope AB put more time into this one, and really show what they are capable of.

titan9
06-23-2005, 11:26 AM
where stappy is probably still rallying the pawn shoppers :)

Lol! More proof to never hire a pawn shop band to be your backing band.:laugh:

uncertaindrumer
06-23-2005, 12:46 PM
Lets hope AB put more time into this one, and really show what they are capable of.

I'd like to see a little experimenting. How about something that ISN'T intro riff/verse/chorus/intro riff/verse/chorus/interlude/solo/chorus/outro riff

Might be nice, lol

Bridge of Clay
06-23-2005, 01:02 PM
It was set for November 2003 - February! :D
November 2003 was when Creed was supposed to get in studio for the 4th album.

November 2004 is when RL came out...

Dogstar
06-23-2005, 02:31 PM
I'd like to see a little experimenting. How about something that ISN'T intro riff/verse/chorus/intro riff/verse/chorus/interlude/solo/chorus/outro riff

Might be nice, lol
Agreed.

TeriB19
06-23-2005, 07:45 PM
November 2003 was when Creed was supposed to get in studio for the 4th album.

November 2004 is when RL came out...

November 2005 is when we'll be told Stapp's album is delayed until November 2006.

aussiecreeder
06-23-2005, 08:17 PM
Hmm, that is hilarious... I say their album is supposedly coming out next spring and then I literally ten seconds later find out Flip said it will come out next fall...

DANG YOU! ALL OF YOU! Wind Up's Bands are like sloths, darnit! Hurry up!

Actually I wouldn't be that upset if they actually TOURED somewhere near me...

well that is still an album every couple of years which is standard. if bands like tool and nin released albums every couple of years it would be a near miracle lol. i agree that AB should experiment a bit more on the next album.

uncertaindrumer
06-24-2005, 10:22 AM
well that is still an album every couple of years which is standard. if bands like tool and nin released albums every couple of years it would be a near miracle lol. i agree that AB should experiment a bit more on the next album.

I know its standard--I hate the standard. In the sixties and seventies bands didn't take that long.

And either way, I wouldn't mind because they ARE touring a lot--but I DO mind because they aren't touring anywhere near me...

Bridge of Clay
06-24-2005, 01:42 PM
November 2005 is when we'll be told Stapp's album is delayed until November 2006.
Heh!!! :)

lol!

Higher_Desire
06-24-2005, 02:02 PM
Oh, it will come out, just not this lifetime or the next. I think its funny that AB is already planning to release another album in the spring of next year, where stappy is probably still rallying the pawn shoppers :)
Hey, you can get some pretty good stuff at pawn shops sometimes. And for pretty good prices. :D

H-D :pimp:

titan9
06-24-2005, 02:28 PM
So does that mean you can get a good backing band at a pawn shop for a fraction of the regular price?:D And if so, does that make Stappy a tight wad for getting his backing band from a pawn shop? Perhaps he's spending a bit too much money on those 80 dollar lobsters.:laugh:

uncertaindrumer
06-26-2005, 02:02 PM
So does that mean you can get a good backing band at a pawn shop for a fraction of the regular price?:D And if so, does that make Stappy a tight wad for getting his backing band from a pawn shop? Perhaps he's spending a bit too much money on those 80 dollar lobsters.:laugh:

Yes and then he has to go buy more food because he wastes the original, lol

titan9
06-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Lol! What's more important? An 80 dollar lobster, or a decent backing band?:laugh:

See, this is what happens when there is no new music from Stapp. Everyone has to resort to making bad jokes about Stapp.

uncertaindrumer
06-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Lol! What's more important? An 80 dollar lobster, or a decent backing band?:laugh:

See, this is what happens when there is no new music from Stapp. Everyone has to resort to making bad jokes about Stapp.

Same thing with most bands... But since Stapp is taking longer than just about anyone ever has, the jokes are just getting worse and worse, lol!

Ana4Stapp
06-27-2005, 08:44 PM
Official News from scottstapps.com -06/27

Now it's official guys:

Updated on www.scottstapp.com

Scott Stapp is currently in the studio working on his debut solo album, scheduled for a November 2005 release. Stay tuned for news updates.

Do you believe that or maybe we are going to see a "Forget November thread" ??? :rolleyes:

titan9
06-27-2005, 09:14 PM
Scott Stapp is currently in the studio working on his debut solo album, scheduled for a November 2005 release. Stay tuned for news updates.

*Faints* I can't believe it.......Wind-Up actually updated his site? No, it can't be! This is so unbelievable....it must be the end of the world! *Starts running around panicking like an idiot*

Okay, that was the worst joke I ever made. It's all Stappy's fault!:laugh:

Dogstar
06-28-2005, 01:24 AM
I wonder when the full site is coming.

Bridge of Clay
06-28-2005, 10:11 AM
hmmm... Marcos will remain skeptical about this until there's more buzz on it.

uncertaindrumer
06-28-2005, 11:20 AM
hmmm... Marcos will remain skeptical about this until there's more buzz on it.

Agreed. I still don't think its getting out this year.

Dogstar
06-28-2005, 12:09 PM
Same here. No actual date, just a month. Never a good sign.

Bridge of Clay
06-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Same here. No actual date, just a month. Never a good sign.
I remember a band that when they lauched their site, they had a very cool thing: a counter! It said "xx Days Remain until One Day Remains". That was pretty nice!

Do you know what happened? They released their album when they first promissed.

titan9
06-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Now that they've announced the month in which the CD will be released(if there are no more delays), they need to give a firm date in November. Will it be the 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd or 29th of November? If it were released on the 22nd, that would be nearly one year to the date the Creed GH CD was released.

I just hope we get a firm date soon!

uncertaindrumer
06-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Now that they've announced the month in which the CD will be released(if there are no more delays), they need to give a firm date in November. Will it be the 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd or 29th of November? If it were released on the 22nd, that would be nearly one year to the date the Creed GH CD was released.

I just hope we get a firm date soon!

Your optimism overwhelms me.

titan9
06-28-2005, 09:23 PM
Your optimism overwhelms me.

Lol, it's either be negative or be optimistic and crack some jokes here and there. Based on the past year, obviously it does not look that good for a November release. But I believe Stapp can put that CD out in November as promised on his site. I don't know if he will, though.

Lots of fans have gone from optimistic to impatient to negative. That's completely understandable, given the promises. I admit, I'm beginning to get impatient, but I'm still optimistic that the CD will come out. Whether that's this year or 2007, that doesn't have an effect on me.

Ana4Stapp
06-28-2005, 11:06 PM
It seems we are going to post a "Forget November thread" in the future... :D

uncertaindrumer
06-29-2005, 11:50 AM
Lol, it's either be negative or be optimistic and crack some jokes here and there. Based on the past year, obviously it does not look that good for a November release. But I believe Stapp can put that CD out in November as promised on his site. I don't know if he will, though.

Lots of fans have gone from optimistic to impatient to negative. That's completely understandable, given the promises. I admit, I'm beginning to get impatient, but I'm still optimistic that the CD will come out. Whether that's this year or 2007, that doesn't have an effect on me.

Let's see, this is difficult... *be positive or negative about Stapp?* I can't decide...

lol, jk. I was joking about the optimism thing of course. I certainly think he can get an album out by november (I thought he could get one out a LOT earlier seeing as I don't think his type of music takes much effort) but whether or not he WILL is entirely different...

In terms of me being curious about the album, though, it doesn't change much. I want to hear it. Hopefully I won't have to buy it and contribute to his record sales. lol

titan9
06-29-2005, 01:12 PM
Let's see, this is difficult... *be positive or negative about Stapp?* I can't decide...

lol, jk. I was joking about the optimism thing of course. I certainly think he can get an album out by november (I thought he could get one out a LOT earlier seeing as I don't think his type of music takes much effort) but whether or not he WILL is entirely different...

In terms of me being curious about the album, though, it doesn't change much. I want to hear it. Hopefully I won't have to buy it and contribute to his record sales. lol

So, you're saying you'd rather DL the CD illegally rather than buy it legally? Tsk tsk tsk, that's not very nice.:laugh: Seriously, though, if I see the album leaked on DC++ or WinMX, I'll DL it and, hey, maybe I'll pass a copy of it your way.:D Even if I don't like the album that much at first, I'll still buy the CD when it comes out. I did the same for AB, because I bought it right when it first came out despite only having heard OYE at that time and being unsure of how much I'd like the new vocalist. It took a good two months for that CD to grow on me(I strongly disliked Myles at first) and I think a similar thing could happen with Stapp's CD.

uncertaindrumer
06-29-2005, 03:14 PM
It is funny how everyone disliked Myles at first... Creed lovers thought he wasn't Stapp, Creed haters thoguht he was Stapp, and I just thought he rocked. lol

But anyway, no, I don't want to ilegally download, I don't do that... I am just hoping someone I know ilegally burns it and gives it to me. lol

Bridge of Clay
06-29-2005, 03:50 PM
LOL! I loved Myles' voice the instant I heard Eden, when the first rumours about him joining Mark's band started.

Although it took a bit of time for me to get used to his higher tones in ODR. I like when he uses his normal voice better, as in OYE or ODR.

uncertaindrumer
06-30-2005, 12:32 AM
LOL! I loved Myles' voice the instant I heard Eden, when the first rumours about him joining Mark's band started.

Although it took a bit of time for me to get used to his higher tones in ODR. I like when he uses his normal voice better, as in OYE or ODR.

I love the high stuff. Not enough people realize that tenors are what Rock n' Roll is built on.

Bridge of Clay
06-30-2005, 09:41 AM
I learned to like it. :)

PrtytilImPurple
08-02-2005, 10:42 PM
Actually....it is September. I just read some news over at that Passion Breeds Followers place. Seems several posters from there actually met Stapp and the band goneblind. They didn't state what day in September, but that the first single would be released in September. And that they were filming the video for the first single in a couple of weeks. The CD is still set for a November release they said.

creedsister
08-02-2005, 10:55 PM
thanks for the update

Agent D
08-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Well, the worst news in that article is that apparently Evanescence isn't dead.

uncertaindrumer
08-11-2005, 11:42 PM

:D

Ana4Stapp
08-11-2005, 11:55 PM
I thought this thread was dead! :rolleyes:

titan9
08-12-2005, 11:44 AM

I wish they were...........

creedsister
08-13-2005, 12:20 AM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :d