Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
No as impressed 2nd time around [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : No as impressed 2nd time around

Lunar Shadow
06-10-2005, 09:13 PM
up until a week ago I had only given "One day Remains" one listen I listened to it last week and I did not find it to be a very impressive album (yes I do think tremonti has grown as a gutarist) but on a whole it just kinda let me down it just didn't rock hard enough for me. :( Where I am AB gets no air play and no one knows who they are... they have never come through here (Sanfrancisco Bay area) its kinda sad that they just don't seem to give a damn about nor Cal

it kinda upsets me

anythoughts?

Muad'Dib
06-11-2005, 03:02 AM
I kind of agree, my opinion of it has definetly lowered over time, just dont seem to enjoy listening to it anymore. Few songs like The End Is Here, Broken Wings and Metalingus I can enjoy stand alone, but its hard to listen to whole album all way through. Heres hoping the next album is much better and will showcase more of each members talents!

RoffeDH
06-12-2005, 06:53 AM
I just listened to the album and I still think it rocks! It's 10times better then Creed would ever be...

Muad'Dib
06-12-2005, 09:54 AM
I just listened to the album and I still think it rocks! It's 10times better then Creed would ever be...

Not to start another arguement but . . .

I gave Creed another whirl today and the lasting appeal of all the albums is much better then AB imo. But you cant really compare the two, for me Creed introduced me to so much more different music, was the first band I ever went out and bought their albums! See how AB go on next record for me, they have the talent to put out a great CD so should be interesting. One Day Remains just doesnt hold much appeal to me anymore.

Ana4Stapp
06-12-2005, 11:52 AM

I agree with you, and even though I can't compare Creed to Alter Bridge (cause to me they are different.) everytime I listen to AB first album, one thing is obvious: ODR rocks!!! ;)

ctfan
06-12-2005, 01:11 PM

I have to disagree. Alter Bridge will have to come out with something pretty spectacular in order to surpass Creed X10. I just don't think they can do it, not musically or lyrically.

uncertaindrumer
06-12-2005, 03:06 PM
I have to disagree. Alter Bridge will have to come out with something pretty spectacular in order to surpass Creed X10. I just don't think they can do it, not musically or lyrically.

Musically they have already done it. There is simply not a question the song-writing has improved. Lyrics are extremely subjective, but if you like a bunchy of whiny grungy preaching, sure, Creed's your band. :rolleyes: Although AB doesn't really have fantastic lyrics either. :(

Anyway, on-topic ODR has definitely lost some luster for me. I have now decided it is HALF great. It has 5 great songs, a decent song, and 5 below par songs.

If they would just let Myles write some more next time (as well as shoot anyone who tries to get away with a chord progression as stupid as ILM) they will have one heck of a sophomore effort.

Wylde-Tremonti
06-12-2005, 10:37 PM
After Listening to the album alot... I've decided that it isn't accually the playing or the songs that are dissapointing me now... it's the TONE. The Guitar tone just isn't the same as what i'm used to hearing from tremonti... his tone on this album sound like Mud. I think Mark needs to go back to using just his Rectofiers and Twins... i think the Plexi and the Bogner are just Blowing his tone...
Hopefully the production will be alittle better on the next album... But you do have to keep in mind that they put out that album in a very short amount of time... i think they recorded it in maybe 3-5 Months!!

I'm prayin they'll take alittle more time on the production next time around...

uncertaindrumer
06-12-2005, 11:24 PM
But you do have to keep in mind that they put out that album in a very short amount of time... i think they recorded it in maybe 3-5 Months!!

The Beatles recorded their first albums in 14 hours. lol

Wylde-Tremonti
06-12-2005, 11:28 PM
The Beatles recorded their first albums in 14 hours. lol
Yeah... But we're talkin about THE BEATLES... Their music is SOOOOOO simple it's not even funny

uncertaindrumer
06-13-2005, 10:24 AM
Yeah... But we're talkin about THE BEATLES... Their music is SOOOOOO simple it's not even funny

Lol, it was a joke! Although actually they had some pretty complicated stuff in later albums... When they took a few years to record, lol

Wylde-Tremonti
06-13-2005, 06:35 PM
Lol, it was a joke! Although actually they had some pretty complicated stuff in later albums... When they took a few years to record, lol
Yeah but you said their 1st album... :) lol

uncertaindrumer
06-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Yeah I know. I was clarifying by saying "...when they took a few years to record."

Wow. This forum needs somethign to talk about. PUT AN ALBUM OUT IN THE FALL DANGIT, AB!

Wylde-Tremonti
06-14-2005, 05:22 PM
Yeah I know. I was clarifying by saying "...when they took a few years to record."

Wow. This forum needs somethign to talk about. PUT AN ALBUM OUT IN THE FALL DANGIT, AB!
Oh hey Uncertaindrumer...
about this "*Most famous non-Moderator on Creedfeed*"

No... lol... You're not...

uncertaindrumer
06-14-2005, 10:33 PM
That could be argued. Most people on here know who I am.

Ana4Stapp
06-14-2005, 10:54 PM
That could be argued. Most people on here know who I am.

Considering the short time you are here and after all the threads created to homage you ... :rolleyes: actually I think you are...lol :angel:

tremonti4life04
06-14-2005, 10:56 PM

Not all Beatles stuff is "SOOOOO simple" Blackbird is a pretty difficult song to play, and near impossible to sing and play at the same time. Im trying to learn it to sing and play it cuz it is this one girls favorite song, and i really like her, and shes reaalllllly hot. Im almost done learning to play it, but singing and playing is gonna take me a while.

uncertaindrumer
06-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Considering the short time you are here and after all the threads created to homage you ... :rolleyes: actually I think you are...lol :angel:

Well I certainly want to know who is MORE famous than me... Every Stapp lover knows me because they probably hate me, everyone on both the Creed and AB forums knows me because of the Johhnynips episode, and everyone on F&R knows me because they just DO, and probably a lot of chat-o-rama people knwo me because of Jester's thread there...

Music matters is about the only place I haven't gotten into a huge explosive argument with someone, lol

Dogstar
06-15-2005, 07:15 PM
I'm still enjoying ODR, though my initial assessment was a B or B-, which I still stand by. I'm thinking the next album will have more of their blending as writers. I think Myles has a pretty good lyrical talent, so I'm looking forward to that.

Wylde-Tremonti
06-15-2005, 08:22 PM
Well I certainly want to know who is MORE famous than me... Every Stapp lover knows me because they probably hate me, everyone on both the Creed and AB forums knows me because of the Johhnynips episode, and everyone on F&R knows me because they just DO, and probably a lot of chat-o-rama people knwo me because of Jester's thread there...

Music matters is about the only place I haven't gotten into a huge explosive argument with someone, lol
X is def more famous than you... he's been here a HELL of alot longer than you... (not to toot my own horn) but i've been here almost as long as him... yeah... i changed my name so maybe not everyone remebers me from back then (Used to be TremontiWanaB)... Marcos is Hella famous Around Here aswell

scrit
06-15-2005, 11:07 PM
I'm not famous :D

I still pop in ODR once in a while just because I think that I should. I usualy get into it for a couple of days and listen to nothing but ODR, but then I forget about it for a month. Its a good cd, although some songs have grown old to me (ODR, FTR, BW) most remain fresh. It takes a good cd to be still enjoyed almost a year after the first listen

uncertaindrumer
06-16-2005, 03:02 PM
X is def more famous than you... he's been here a HELL of alot longer than you... (not to toot my own horn) but i've been here almost as long as him... yeah... i changed my name so maybe not everyone remebers me from back then (Used to be TremontiWanaB)... Marcos is Hella famous Around Here aswell

Whose X? I have never heard of him. And so who cares if you have been here longer? Did I claim to be here very long? Everytime I get in a discussion it explodes and someone gets banned. I guess you could also call me "infamous".

Ana4Stapp
06-16-2005, 06:27 PM
Did I claim to be here very long? Everytime I get in a discussion it explodes and someone gets banned. I guess you could also call me "infamous".

Well, actually I think we can call you ..."dangerous"...lol :D :poke:

I'm not famous

The same here...lol :o

Every Stapp lover knows me because they probably hate me

Chances are!!!!! :D LOL

Wylde-Tremonti
06-16-2005, 09:22 PM
Whose X? I have never heard of him. And so who cares if you have been here longer? Did I claim to be here very long? Everytime I get in a discussion it explodes and someone gets banned. I guess you could also call me "infamous".
X well... his name is "King X" now... but he had some other X name like Xecutioner or something like that... he's the creater of the "X" threads... If you've been here any amount of time you'd know him...

Considering that you haven't been here along time... i just think it's somewhat arrogent to call yourself the most famous one on the boards... maybe that's just me

aussiecreeder
06-17-2005, 09:04 PM
agghhh who cares who's the most famous?
anyone older than 10 on the board?
now we've got that out of the way i'm hoping on the next record myles has a bigger role (lyrically as well as musically) and i would love some go for broke metal song that leaves metalingus in its wake. also a couple of nice ballads but not power ballads.

Ana4Stapp
06-18-2005, 01:23 PM
agghhh who cares who's the most famous?
anyone older than 10 on the board?
now we've got that out of the way i'm hoping on the next record myles has a bigger role (lyrically as well as musically) and i would love some go for broke metal song that leaves metalingus in its wake. also a couple of nice ballads but not power ballads.

hey aussie, take it easy! ;) the guys are just kidding about who's most famous thing... actually we already know you are one of the most famous here, cause you have a thread specially created for you...dont
you? :rolleyes: lol

PS: Myles rocks!!! lol :D

uncertaindrumer
06-18-2005, 06:19 PM
X well... his name is "King X" now... but he had some other X name like Xecutioner or something like that... he's the creater of the "X" threads... If you've been here any amount of time you'd know him...

Considering that you haven't been here along time... i just think it's somewhat arrogent to call yourself the most famous one on the boards... maybe that's just me

All famous people are arrogant. lol

titan9
06-18-2005, 08:19 PM
I still love ODR, though I do not listen to it as much as I did from December-February(I listened to it at least every other day then). I don't think this is because it has lost its luster for me, because I really attribute it to the fact that I have a whole lot of music to listen to. I mean, I'm a huge 12 Stones fan(they are my favorite band) and I rarely listen to them more than once per week. Not because I've gotten bored with their two wonderful CDs, but only because I have lots of new stuff to listen to. It's the same thing with a couple of other bands I really, really enjoy.

The guitar solos on ODR are amazing, imo. The lyrics are decent(I really love the lyrics to FTR, ODR, Metalingus and SMS), but not nearly as good as Creed's lyrics were, imo. I discovered the Mayfield Four's music back in April and really love the lyrics on both of their albums. Myles has a talent when it comes to lyrics. I believe that Myles should write most, if not all of the lyrics for the next AB CD. I think he'll do an amazing job with that. Don't take this the wrong way, though. Mark is a decent lyricist and can write some good lyrics. I just think, overall, Myles is better just like Stapp was better at lyrics. Lead singers just seem to have more of a talent for it, imo.

Back to ODR, though. It took me a few months to warm up to this CD. I bought it right when it came out. I knew I'd be getting an awesome CD, musically. I didn't know about the vocals, though. I did not like the vocals at all at first. I couldn't get used to Myles, in all honesty. I missed Stapp's vocals with Mark's guitar. I finally realized, though, that Myles is a great technical singer. I warmed up to his vocals and now he's one of my absolute favorite singers. You can't deny his range. I admit, his type of singing may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I for one think it is great.

I still tremendously enjoy ODR; it's in my CD player at least once per week, sometimes more depending upon my mood. I'm looking forward to the next CD, as AB can definitely improve even more. With Myles writing the lyrics and Mark writing the riffs, well, they could make an unbeatable combination, much like Stapp/Tremonti were.

uncertaindrumer
06-18-2005, 11:10 PM
I still love ODR, though I do not listen to it as much as I did from December-February(I listened to it at least every other day then). I don't think this is because it has lost its luster for me, because I really attribute it to the fact that I have a whole lot of music to listen to. I mean, I'm a huge 12 Stones fan(they are my favorite band) and I rarely listen to them more than once per week. Not because I've gotten bored with their two wonderful CDs, but only because I have lots of new stuff to listen to. It's the same thing with a couple of other bands I really, really enjoy.

Exactly. I still love ODR, but with Audioslave, the Foo fighters, etc. etc. I got lots of music to listen to!

The guitar solos on ODR are amazing, imo.

*claps*

The lyrics are decent(I really love the lyrics to FTR, ODR, Metalingus and SMS),

True.

but not nearly as good as Creed's lyrics were, imo.

Grrr.... lol

I discovered the Mayfield Four's music back in April and really love the lyrics on both of their albums.

Heck yeah!

Myles has a talent when it comes to lyrics. I believe that Myles should write most, if not all of the lyrics for the next AB CD.

Heck Yeah!

I think he'll do an amazing job with that. Don't take this the wrong way, though. Mark is a decent lyricist and can write some good lyrics.

Meh. He can write mediocre lyrics... but if they want to become the next big rock band... they need to have great lyrics. Myles can do that. lol

I just think, overall, Myles is better just like Stapp was better at lyrics. Lead singers just seem to have more of a talent for it, imo.

Certain lead singers. Not all. *wink* lol

Back to ODR, though. It took me a few months to warm up to this CD. I bought it right when it came out. I knew I'd be getting an awesome CD, musically. I didn't know about the vocals, though. I did not like the vocals at all at first. I couldn't get used to Myles, in all honesty. I missed Stapp's vocals with Mark's guitar. I finally realized, though, that Myles is a great technical singer. I warmed up to his vocals and now he's one of my absolute favorite singers. You can't deny his range. I admit, his type of singing may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I for one think it is great.

I loved him right away because I am sick of the constant monotonish dreary post-grunge baritone throaty voices we get with ALL mainstream rock today... Plus Myles is very reminscent of REAL Rock n' Roll.

I still tremendously enjoy ODR; it's in my CD player at least once per week, sometimes more depending upon my mood. I'm looking forward to the next CD, as AB can definitely improve even more. With Myles writing the lyrics and Mark writing the riffs, well, they could make an unbeatable combination, much like Stapp/Tremonti were

All good. Until the last sentence. lol

And if you are wondering why I just did a sentnce by sentence breakdown of your post... I am bored. lol

titan9
06-19-2005, 12:24 AM
Haha, I'm bored as well. When I said "Lead singers just seem to have more of a talent for it, imo." I basically meant that in most bands, lead singers tend to do a better job on the lyrics than say, the lead guitarist.

Meh. He can write mediocre lyrics... but if they want to become the next big rock band... they need to have great lyrics. Myles can do that. lol

Yeah, I agree. If they want to become a big Rock band, better lyrics would definitely help. I believe Myles could provide those better lyrics.

All good. Until the last sentence. lol
Lol, I knew when I typed "With Myles writing the lyrics and Mark writing the riffs, well, they could make an unbeatable combination, much like Stapp/Tremonti were" you'd disagree with that last part.:laugh:

Bridge of Clay
06-20-2005, 01:12 AM
After Listening to the album alot... I've decided that it isn't accually the playing or the songs that are dissapointing me now... it's the TONE. The Guitar tone just isn't the same as what i'm used to hearing from tremonti... his tone on this album sound like Mud. I think Mark needs to go back to using just his Rectofiers and Twins... i think the Plexi and the Bogner are just Blowing his tone...
Hopefully the production will be alittle better on the next album... But you do have to keep in mind that they put out that album in a very short amount of time... i think they recorded it in maybe 3-5 Months!!

I'm prayin they'll take alittle more time on the production next time around...
That was my first thought on ODR.

Wylde-Tremonti
06-20-2005, 10:40 PM
All famous people are arrogant. lol
Tremonti isn't... Myles isn't... Brian isn't... oh yeah... Flip isn't... :eek:

Just kiddin bro... wasn't trying to flame you... just thought i'd point out that i saw a flaw in your statement

uncertaindrumer
06-21-2005, 12:43 PM
Tremonti isn't... Myles isn't... Brian isn't... oh yeah... Flip isn't... :eek:

Just kiddin bro... wasn't trying to flame you... just thought i'd point out that i saw a flaw in your statement

But Stapp is. LOL, jk

And if I was ACTUALLY famous I wouldn't be arrogant. But when you are fake-famous you need to be concieted and egotistical. lol