Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
"Creed spinoff Alter Bridge" [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : "Creed spinoff Alter Bridge"

RoffeDH
05-24-2005, 04:16 AM
Hanson, on hand for Story Side B's solidly delivered set at Kate's, had other news about his plans in the wake of stepping down as manager of Creed spinoff Alter Bridge.

can we realy call Alter Brídge a spinoff of Creed?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/orl-fmf24_must052405may24,0,2983772.story?coll=orl-caltop

uncertaindrumer
05-24-2005, 10:42 AM
Yes.

The Lithium
05-24-2005, 11:11 AM
No fucking way!!

titan9
05-24-2005, 11:24 AM
In the sense that AB features three former members of Creed? Yes. In the sense that the music is similar? Heck no. The only thing that Creed and AB have in common is the fact that they both have 3/4 of Creed and thus have some similar sounding stuff simply because AB's guitarist, drummer and bassist were members of Creed. But they aren't that alike in terms of music.

uncertaindrumer
05-24-2005, 12:23 PM
well I meant in the sense that they have basically the same members.

But also, BID, ILM, OYE, SMS, BW... they sound like Creed unfortunately. Some of those are much BETTER than Creed, but they are the same type of sound. If their next album would just be full of ODR's, Metalingus', FTR's, and WYW's, (and apparently, lots of initials, lol) that would be as incredible as it gets.

jammy123
05-24-2005, 01:25 PM
what crap is this>???

RoffeDH
05-24-2005, 03:41 PM
Yeah, I ment musicaly, don't know if thats what meant in the text.
Thanks for the support jammy123 ;)

uncertaindrumer
05-24-2005, 03:41 PM
How do you delete a post?

tremonti4life04
05-24-2005, 04:11 PM
Hmmmm. You know, this is also probably the only guy that thinks Devo is a Metallica spinoff. The guy who wrote this is an idiot. First of all, the only compairison is the tone of the guitar, nothing else really. And if guitar tone makes them a spinoff, then im a creed spinoff too

uncertaindrumer
05-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Look, lets not call this guy a complete idiot. It is FAIR to call them a Creed spinoff, if for NO OTHER REASON than that they have the same band members almost exactly.

RMadd
05-25-2005, 12:55 AM
yes, it are

Dogstar
05-26-2005, 11:53 AM
If Creed had not been so successful, that label would not follow AB so much, but they were, they made their mark in rock history, and as long as they are still making music together (three-quarters of them), then that label won't ever go away.

titan9
05-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Yup, I agree with you, Dogstar. The label will probably always be there for AB just because of how successful Creed was.

The Lithium
05-26-2005, 04:38 PM
If Alter Bridge was a Creed spinoff AB would play Creed songs! Do they? No!

uncertaindrumer
05-26-2005, 05:34 PM
Well, Open Your Eyes is practically a Creed song, lol

Dogstar
05-26-2005, 05:45 PM
Well, Open Your Eyes is practically a Creed song, lol
Yup. Several songs have that feel and sound to them, but that's likely because some of them were written with a fourth Creed album in mind. I'm thinking Myles' writing influence will be much more apparent on the next album.

RMadd
05-27-2005, 12:38 AM
i'm hoping you're right kerri (kerry?), i think myles playing the main role in lyric-writing would be fantastic.
Lith: it's not necessarily bad that they're a Creed spin-off. we're using the word "spin-off" here, not "rip-off." as has been stated, and as you well know, former Creed members comprise 3/4 of the band. i guess there's not much to say what hasn't been said yet. 8 or 9 of the songs sound as though they would be straight from a Creed album: lyrics, riffs, etc.... everything except for Myles voice in and of itself, and Mark's increased soloing.

Chase
05-27-2005, 03:09 AM
Alter Bridge is a Creed spinoff... it has 3/4 of the the original Creed lineup and plays a bunch of Creed-ish ballads. There's nothing wrong with that.

RMadd
05-27-2005, 01:38 PM
If Alter Bridge was a Creed spinoff AB would play Creed songs! Do they? No!
i don't think that that necessarily fitst the definition of "spinoff"... let's take, for example, the new Chivas club playing in MLS (US soccer league, for those Americans who don't know lol).... they're a spinoff of the wildly popular Chivas club that plays in Mexico, meant to increase MLS' popularity in California (the team is based out of LA) among the Mexican & Hispanic population.... now, so far as i know, the MLS incarnation of Chivas doesn't use players from the Mexican original, but the club still exists as a spinoff of the Mexican team

uncertaindrumer
05-31-2005, 07:41 PM
Yup. Several songs have that feel and sound to them, but that's likely because some of them were written with a fourth Creed album in mind. I'm thinking Myles' writing influence will be much more apparent on the next album.

Yeah, I'm hopign that the creedish ballads were just that--Creed songs. I am hoping Tremo doesn't write anymore.

*crosses fingers*

Dogstar
06-01-2005, 01:22 AM
Bearfan...you were right the first time...Kerri :D

shiver
06-01-2005, 01:28 AM
Ohhh, Ohhh, Ohhh! Can I answer this one? See it's like how Charles in Charge was a spinoff of Joanie Loves Chachi which was a spinoff of Happy Days. Mork and Mindy, Laverne and Shirley were also spinoffs of Happy Days. How? They all got there start on Happy Days. Like how AB got their start in Creed.

PS. I know, I just wanted to explain it this way, so I could incorporate Joanie loves Chachi.

RMadd
06-01-2005, 02:30 AM
PS. I know, I just wanted to explain it this way, so I could incorporate Joanie loves Chachi.
:hammerlol