Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Mayfield 4...suprised how i sounds good [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Mayfield 4...suprised how i sounds good

cariocawlad
04-03-2005, 02:14 PM
I being curious about the band and searched for their music. The sound is very good and original. It was a really good band and we know that we have a vocalyst with many qualities in AB (song writer, guitar player,etc.) after hear it.
The song white flag is quite beautifull and I recommend for everyone who never listened MF4 to do it.

Peace.

TeriB19
04-03-2005, 04:14 PM
Mayfield Four was awesome. Summergirl is beautiful, and I love Loose Cannon!

Anna1011
04-03-2005, 04:16 PM
i havent heard much by them but what i have heard ive loved. :)

Soundslave
04-03-2005, 04:50 PM
They were definately a great group. I think I liked their first album, Fallout, better than Second Skin. But my favorite song is Mars Hotel.

The note Myles hits at the end of Summergirl is just incredible

titan9
04-03-2005, 06:23 PM
The only Mayfield Four song that I've heard is "Eden". And I really love that song. I wouldn't mind buying a couple of Mayfield Four albums, just based on that song and on what Myles is doing in Alter Bridge.

Dogstar
04-03-2005, 06:27 PM
Titan, get them. They are really, really good.

Ana4Stapp
04-03-2005, 07:35 PM
I being curious about the band and searched for their music. The sound is very good and original. It was a really good band and we know that we have a vocalyst with many qualities in AB (song writer, guitar player,etc.) after hear it.
The song white flag is quite beautifull and I recommend for everyone who never listened MF4 to do it.

Peace.

Where did you find MF4 songs? On internet? Or did you buy their albums?:confused:
Cause I can't find them ... :( :help:

Dogstar
04-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Ana, I got mine on half.com. You can find a ton of used CDs there. I've bought a lot of stuff from them, and I think I had a problem with only one CD. Other than that one, it's been great.

RMadd
04-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Second Skin is an amazing CD! Eden, Mars Hotel, Carry On, Backslide, White Flag, Flatley's Crutch, Summergirl.... wow!

scrit
04-03-2005, 09:31 PM
Th Mayfield Four is a great band! I probably like second skin better than fallout because it is easier to listen to. It has some really great songs on it to (Believe, Carry on, Flatley's Crutch). Fallout has a marvin gaye cover on it which is a little...strange, but otherwise it is a great album also.

Soundslave
04-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Th Mayfield Four is a great band! I probably like second skin better than fallout because it is easier to listen to. It has some really great songs on it to (Believe, Carry on, Flatley's Crutch). Fallout has a marvin gaye cover on it which is a little...strange, but otherwise it is a great album also.

I think the Marvin Gaye cover is awesome haha.

Second Skin is definately a softer album. Mars Hotel, Eden, Believe, Carry On, White Flag, and Summergirl are all easy listening.

Fallout is more of an eclectic album. The songs are more unusual and varied.

Dogstar
04-03-2005, 10:06 PM
Yeah, I actually like Fallout a little more than Second Skin, but I listen to both of them all the time.

RMadd
04-04-2005, 12:00 AM
which Gaye songs did they cover?

aussiecreeder
04-04-2005, 04:40 AM
which Gaye songs did they cover?

"Inner City Blues" and good job I must add..... :)

RockGoddess
04-04-2005, 08:13 AM
"Inner City Blues" and good job I must add..... :)

My absolute fave on that album.

scrit
04-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Ya, I was surprised that I actually enjoyed a cover of marvin gaye....It was just really strange the first time I heard it.

GregS
04-23-2005, 08:06 PM
I just downloaded some Mayfield Four tonight and their awesome! :jam:

titan9
04-23-2005, 08:24 PM
Second Skin is an awesome album. I was fortunate enough to find the whole thing on WinMX, and will be purchasing the CD soon.

GregS
04-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Nice one. Im gonna wait till July when im in the US to get their albums

Dogstar
04-23-2005, 08:33 PM
I got both of my Mayfield Four CDs on half.com. It's amazing what you can find there.

GregS
04-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Hmm... Is it just an american site or can we in the uk purchase from there aswell ?

Dogstar
04-23-2005, 08:36 PM
Not sure, but it's affiliated with eBay, so maybe it's worldwide.

GregS
04-23-2005, 08:43 PM
Sweet. I'll check it out sometime. Thnx dude

Dogstar
04-23-2005, 09:10 PM
Yer welcome.

evyllsummer
04-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Myles rules..."Summergirl" changed my life...

uncertaindrumer
04-27-2005, 08:52 AM
I was totally surprised by MF4... I had no IDEA they were this awesome...

And summergirl is just... awe-inspiring...

titan9
04-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Lol, I was the same way, Uncertain! I was a tiny bit skeptical before I listened to it. I just didn't know what to expect. But ever since the first time I played Second Skin(about 2 weeks ago, now) I have been hooked. I listen to a CD every night(one of my rituals of sorts, lol!) and I think I've listened to Second Skin 12 out of 14 nights. I don't think I've ever done that with a CD before(well, maybe with One Day Remains and 12 Stones debut CD) so that shows how much I like this CD. My two favorite tracks are Mar's Hotel(I'm surprised I like this song so much) and High. High is a pretty inspirational song and pretty energetic. I really like every song on the CD, so when I listen to it, I never skip a track. That's also a bit rare for me, but, again, shows how much I like this CD. I want to eventually get Fallout as well, as I've heard 4 tracks from it, and I like all 4.

uncertaindrumer
04-27-2005, 01:19 PM
My favorite track is white flag... just AWESOME... in every way...

But they are ALL friggin good. I mean, actually, summergirl is probably the most boring, but then at the end he... well, ya know ;-)

titan9
04-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Yeah, it kinda builds up to that point. Summergirl is a softer song........but then you're hit with that note at the end.

I also really like "White Flag". "Believe" is another really good track, as is......pretty much every track on the CD.:D

Soundslave
04-27-2005, 02:40 PM
My favorite track is white flag... just AWESOME... in every way...

But they are ALL friggin good. I mean, actually, summergirl is probably the most boring, but then at the end he... well, ya know ;-)

Mars Hotel is my favorite song on the album, but White Flag is a very close second. I love when it picks up toward the end "The grace you give will always fill me up, and I'll savor every bit of that fortune. But if in time this love turns to dust, I pray I don't endure that torture"...and yeah the end of Summergirl will just leave a person speechless.

I am absolutely hooked on Overflow on the Fallout album.

cariocawlad
04-29-2005, 08:47 AM
Well, it seems I'm not the only one surprised... And this hole thing make trip about the things that we gonna see in AlterBridge in a near future. Mark choose very well his singer.

TeriB19
04-29-2005, 10:21 AM
I love how hard hitting Loose Cannon is, and I always have Sick and Wrong stuck in my head.

scrit
04-29-2005, 03:28 PM
I personaly like their softer stuff alot more, like believe, white flag, and don't walk away. To me their harder songs got old after a while, but I still listen to their softer songs all the time. But thats not saying that I dislike their harder stuff by any means!!!

titan9
04-29-2005, 03:41 PM
I love how hard hitting Loose Cannon is, and I always have Sick and Wrong stuck in my head.

Yeah, I love how hard hitting LC is as well. I'm not as much of a fan of Sick and Wrong, but, as I've said before, all the songs on Second Skin are at least good. I'm still waiting to get my hands on "Fall Out", which I'm sure is a great CD as well. Man, I wish I would have heard of Mayfield Four 5 years ago....perhaps I could have gone to a concert. :D

I personaly like their softer stuff alot more, like believe, white flag, and don't walk away.

Yeah, I also really like the softer stuff. Particularly Forfeit, Don't Walk Away, Mar's Hotel(my favorite song, I think), Believe, White Flag, Carry On and Summergirl. All those songs are awesome.

uncertaindrumer
04-29-2005, 04:45 PM
I don't tend to think of white flag as that "soft"... maybe I'm just weird...

RMadd
05-04-2005, 12:09 AM
I'm rockin' out to Flatley right now!
5-star songs, as i've rated 'em in my media library:
Mars Hotel
Eden (Turn the Page)
Carry On
Backslide
White Flag
Flatley's Crutch
Believe
Summergirl

RMadd
05-04-2005, 12:13 AM
maybe i'm a bit crazy for saying this, but i'm hoping that, for their second album, AB take a more M4-like approach than a Creed-type approach. the lyrics on ODR are a bit too Creedy for me; I wouldn't mind seeing Myles take a greater lead in lyrics-writing, as he did w/ M4. and he & mark would collaborate on the instrument parts. in general, i prefer M4's vibe over AB's. in the past few weeks & months, i've listened to them a fair amount more than AB. for whatever reason, they're just a bit more "listenable" over and over again.

Dogstar
05-04-2005, 01:10 AM
I agree with ya, BearFan. I'm hoping for the same. Myles can write music as well and it would be cool to see what they come up with both lyrically and musically.

Bridge of Clay
05-04-2005, 09:30 AM
I don't know about that... if they get a Second Skin approach, it would be pretty mellow love/ break-up songs... and they all seem happy with their wives! lol

I really don't think ODR is that Creedish.

RMadd
05-04-2005, 11:14 AM
lyrically, ODR does tend to reflect Mark's having spent 10 years alongside Stapp. i think another thing that i like about 'em is the harmonizing. i guess that's not possible since Mark isn't much of a singer.
and as far as many of the songs on Second Skin being mellow, I would have to disagree. yes, they are love-type songs. but Myles' method of conveying his message is different than Stapp's. i believe it was in an interview a few months back that he or Mark said that he's got a more direct style, while Stapp uses analogies, etc. even the slow songs rock pretty hard at some point. and they all depend on Myles' voice. perhaps it's just the fact that it seems to me that he's not being fully himself in AB? something along those lines? i dunno.

titan9
05-04-2005, 11:24 AM
I agree with RMadd. I think it'd be awesome to see Myles write more of the lyrics for the next AB album. He did such an awesome job with the lyrics for MF4, so I'm sure he'd write some great lyrics for the next AB album.

I also agree with all the songs you listed as five star songs, RMadd. Those are all my favorites by MF4.

Dogstar
05-04-2005, 12:02 PM
I don't know about that... if they get a Second Skin approach, it would be pretty mellow love/ break-up songs... and they all seem happy with their wives! lol

I really don't think ODR is that Creedish.
I do, Broken Wings, Open Your Eyes and Down to My Last really sound Creedish to me, but there are other songs that have a non-Creedish feel. I think some of these songs were written on the Weathered tour, so it's natural for them to have a Creed flavor. I don't think MF4 is all that mellow, but it does have its ballads and slower songs, like Summergirl, which I just love. As long as it's honest music, I'll always give it a chance.

Bridge of Clay
05-04-2005, 12:34 PM
But BW is dark and moody, with no hope... DTML doesn't have a catchy chorus as well... I think...

Imo, the most Creedish lyrics is One Day Remains. Maybe it's just a coincidence but I love this song, it's my fav.

Dogstar
05-04-2005, 12:44 PM
I'm talking sound-wise more than lyrically, I guess. Those three songs sound Creedish to me. ODR sort of does, but not as much. I do love that one, too.

Bridge of Clay
05-04-2005, 01:21 PM
soundwise? OYE uses the same tone as My Sacrifice, but I wouldn't say Creedish... I'd say Markish!!! :D

Dogstar
05-04-2005, 01:58 PM
LOL....My Sacrifice -- Creed, hence Creedish :D. That's no slight or anything :)

titan9
05-04-2005, 02:01 PM
The lyrics definitely aren't Creedish at all, in my opinion. The music....yeah, I can see the resemblence on some of the songs. OYE and DTML being the main songs I can hear the similarities, but I think that comes from the fact that it is the same guys who wrote the music for Creed, so of course it's going to sound a bit similar.

aussiecreeder
05-05-2005, 08:17 AM
I'm hoping Myles has a greater input in the next album 'cause the guy is a very good songwriter. Not much point having that talent there and just being Mark's voicebox.

cariocawlad
05-05-2005, 09:32 AM
soundwise? OYE uses the same tone as My Sacrifice, but I wouldn't say Creedish... I'd say Markish!!! :D

In my opinion AB will always have a Creed flavor. We had 3 members of Creed there and the sound that they know to do is this sound, not Creedish, but Markish, Phillipish and Marshallish.

Of course, Myles can bring something new to the scene, but we still have the three guys there. And I think this is not bad. In my opinion is amazing, cause I being in love with their music when they were Creed.

Peace.

RMadd
05-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Not much point having that talent there and just being Mark's voicebox.
very true.... ILM was a good song, but it was kinda weird thinking "Myles is singing it so passionately, but it's for Mark & his memory of his mother"

uncertaindrumer
05-05-2005, 07:31 PM
MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

I'm back!

lol, ummm... yeah, not sure where that came from... strangely enough, I'm not even REALLY back since I am still gone and have only got a ten minute chance to get on the internet... oh well. I'm ALMOST back.

Either way... I hate to say this but I think... *looks around furtively*

I might like MF4 more than AB

WHOA. Did I just say that? I might have. I think MF4 had reached a level of originality that AB hasn't yet.

However, I am DEFINITELY hopeful that AB is going in that direction. If Myles gets more input (especially in lyrics... I was so dissapointed by AB lyrics), AB will just be... awesome-er. I know that isn't a word, but, oh well.

As for AB sounding Creedish... The songs that sound creedish are:

OYE
BW
ILM
DTML
SMS
TEIH

Only OYE and BW sound creedish THROUGHOUT but all of them have very creed moments. But apparently the next album will be heavier and hopefully we will be rid of all these Creedisms... I mean, before you all jump on me, I know there will always be a CERTAIN amount of Creedishness in AB. But If we could have more RIFFS instead of chord progressions... Then I will be in heaven.

But really, I am really happy right now with both AB and all the MF4 stuff I have been hearing... It all rocks. It's all good. Now if we can just put the best of both together, the world's greatest band will emerge...

ROCK ON!!! (yeah I'm hyper)

TeriB19
05-05-2005, 07:34 PM
We had 3 members of Creed there and the sound that they know to do is this sound, not Creedish, but Markish, Phillipish and Marshallish.

:laugh: That made me laughish out loudish. Sorry. :laugh:

cariocawlad
05-06-2005, 08:32 AM
:laugh: That made me laughish out loudish. Sorry. :laugh:

No problemo Terry, you're always welcome! And I've been inspired by Marcos! :D

Soundslave
05-06-2005, 04:43 PM
Either way... I hate to say this but I think... *looks around furtively*

I might like MF4 more than AB

WHOA. Did I just say that? I might have. I think MF4 had reached a level of originality that AB hasn't yet.

I think I feel the same way. The lyrics and sound that the MF4 has is much more original than AB. They kind of blend blues with rock, especially on the Fallout album. The lyrics are also more complex than AB's.

With that being said, Mark is incredible with writing music to fit the lyrics. If Myles writes the majority of the lyrics on the next album, and Mark does his thing with the music, AB will put out one hell of an album.

uncertaindrumer
05-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Exactly. If we could just get Myles to write his awesome lyrics and Mark to write his awesome riffs...

*drools*

titan9
05-06-2005, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I agree, that would be pretty awesome.

RMadd
05-07-2005, 01:11 AM
me too
:rockout:
:pant:
:tremonti:

evyllsummer
05-10-2005, 04:58 PM
Myles rules...

aussiecreeder
05-17-2005, 10:19 PM
Myles rules...

hey keep that in the proper thread buster! ;)

evyllsummer
06-04-2005, 01:12 PM
hey keep that in the proper thread buster! ;)oops...sorry, AC, I'll keep it on topic...the Mayfield Four rules!!!!

Ana4Stapp
08-29-2005, 08:47 AM
I was totally surprised by MF4... I had no IDEA they were this awesome...

Same here. And I love White flag- it is awesome!!!!!

Exactly. If we could just get Myles to write his awesome lyrics and Mark to write his awesome riffs...
*drools*

Yes. Perfect.

pS: Maybe Im late to saying that -that thread was dead, but only now I could download MF4 songs and Im absolutey loving this... ;)

Dogstar
08-30-2005, 04:55 PM
Awesome, Ana!!

titan9
08-30-2005, 05:38 PM
I still haven't heard Fallout. I actually DLed Second Skin and haven't officially bought that yet(mainly because I haven't found it at a decent price on Ebay). I can't find the whole Fallout album, just four of the tracks: Always, Don't Walk Away, Suckerpunch, and Forfeit. I plan on buying both CDs soon(I love Second Skin and love what I've heard of Fallout), even though I may end up paying more than I would like to pay for a CD. It's worth it because of the quality of musicianship on both CDs.

Dogstar
08-30-2005, 06:52 PM
Titan, try half.com. That's where I found both Second Skin and Fallout, for pretty cheap, too. I don't think I paid more than $10 for either CD.

cariocawlad
08-31-2005, 11:16 AM
Same here. And I love White flag- it is awesome!!!!!

Yes. Perfect.

pS: Maybe Im late to saying that -that thread was dead, but only now I could download MF4 songs and Im absolutey loving this... ;)

Te falei Ana...the guys had an amazing band! It's the prove that Myles can give some really good ideas on AB in the future.

Peace

Ana4Stapp
08-31-2005, 08:47 PM
Te falei Ana...the guys had an amazing band! It's the prove that Myles can give some really good ideas on AB in the future.

Peace

Myles..he's fantastic on MF4- hope he can show his amazing abilities (sing/play guitar and LYRICS!) on AB next album. ;)

titan9
09-01-2005, 10:51 AM
I think if he's able to do the majority of the lyrics for AB's next CD, then the lyrics will show a significant improvement from those on ODR. Mark's a decent lyricist, but I think Myles can write some really amazing lyrics for AB. I'm a huge fan of the work he did while with MF4. There are only a couple of songs that I do not like from a lyrical aspect on SS.

Muad'Dib
09-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Ahhh just downloaded about 5 tracks off SS before user went offline. Am pleasantly suprised, didnt expect them to be this good. Really enjoying it. Loving White Flag, Sick and Wrong, Eden and Mars Hotel. Hopefully can get the rest sometime in future.

I mirror other peoples thoughts that Myles should have bigger part in the lyrics/music for the next album. AB lyrics are pretty average, a bigger improvement is definetely needed.

Dogstar
09-04-2005, 12:58 PM
Cool, Muad'Dib! I think Sick and Wrong is a cool opener. I love listening to that one in the car, with the windows rolled down.

Ana4Stapp
09-04-2005, 01:52 PM
Ahhh just downloaded about 5 tracks off SS before user went offline. Am pleasantly suprised, didnt expect them to be this good. Really enjoying it. Loving White Flag, Sick and Wrong, Eden and Mars Hotel. Hopefully can get the rest sometime in future.
I mirror other peoples thoughts that Myles should have bigger part in the lyrics/music for the next album. AB lyrics are pretty average, a bigger improvement is definetely needed.

Have you already listen to Overflow? Its an absolute AMAZING song and the lyrics...wow!!!!!

but my favorite MF4 is still white flag -cause WF is... everything!!!!!! lol;)

Ana4Stapp
09-19-2005, 08:31 PM
Cool, Muad'Dib! I think Sick and Wrong is a cool opener. I love listening to that one in the car, with the windows rolled down.

Sick and wrong rocks... ;)

nagpo
03-16-2006, 07:35 PM
never liked them.

Ana4Stapp
03-16-2006, 07:52 PM
must be a waste of time to go here to put it...:rolleyes:

nagpo
03-16-2006, 08:00 PM
must be a waste of time to go here to put it...:rolleyes:
i didint make u read it.

Ana4Stapp
03-16-2006, 09:22 PM
i didint make u read it.

actually I was kidding ...so dont be so negative...right?:rolleyes:

nagpo
03-16-2006, 09:53 PM
actually I was kidding ...so dont be so negative...right?:rolleyes:
i am after all the most negative poster on creedfeed.

uncertaindrumer
03-18-2006, 09:17 PM
i didint make u read it.

No, but that doesn't answer the fact that it was a waste of time to post it.

SnowBlower-HALL
03-24-2006, 04:54 AM
Sorry to jump into this discussion a little late,but I've only just started to listen to some of mayfield four's music' and from what I have heard so far, I have to say that I am impressed.

Sadly, I've only come across a handful of there songs while looking on some fansites. -(Eden, always ,don't walk away' and sucker punch), are the only one's I've heard so far. There good, but I'm looking for more. (Any links?)

Also,is that really myles leading in sucker punch?....The download I've got is of poor quality, and doesn't really sound like him.

The Lithium
03-24-2006, 10:22 AM
www.mkstandupandshout.com - coming soon!
-------------------------------------
STAND UP AND SHOOOOUUUT!!!