Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
What do you think of Broken Wings vid so far? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Broken Wings vid so far?

uncertaindrumer
03-10-2005, 10:14 AM
Thanks to the complete melt-down of discussion in the actual video thread itself, I figured starting a new one would be good. This is for discussion about the video. NOT about the quality or anything like that.

I thought it had a lot of cool symbolism, but could be interpreted many ways. I thought that it was about looking back. The guy dies, and comes back to this town where everyone else seems dead, but he doesn't know why. The doors closing are all of the opportunites he missed in life. The music in the other room is the thing he ALWAYS searched for but could never find.

Then, at the end of the movie, he realizes, by seeing himself dead, that he IS dead, and that he was sent here as a sort of limbo. I dunno, kinda crazy but so is the vid!

Anyway, post your thoughts.

Anna1011
03-10-2005, 10:37 AM
he bit where hes in the bath scared me, but i loved the video, i had to watch it a couple of times but now i think its great. i love the way you look through the wall that there they guys are playing, its soo cool.im not very good at looking into the video and seeing what it symbolizes but ill have a go at that later on.

all in all awsome vid.

Higher_Desire
03-10-2005, 11:16 AM
It's cool, but I don't get what's going on and how it relates to the song. Although, definetly cooler than the OYE video.

H-D :pimp:

RoffeDH
03-10-2005, 11:30 AM
I'm with Higer_Desire here, think it's cool but how does it relate to the song, I hoped they would do a video that gives you a bigger knowleg of the origin of the song, what they mean by it, how it came to Makrs mind and so on. When he sings "My opinion seeing is to know" and then he looks at the door with the question mark, what does that mean, that this guy has no clue or what? And Then, this guy looks at the TV and when he walks closer to it thé poeple on the screan steps behind a tree... WTF! What do they mean with all of this! This is just some of what I wonder... I have got to ask them next time I meet them!

uncertaindrumer
03-10-2005, 11:50 AM
Yeah, I'm not exactly sure how the vid fits with the actual SONG, I was just speaking about the video in general.

I actually thought the song was uplifting and optimistic... apparently AB disagrees, lol.

Dogstar
03-10-2005, 12:51 PM
I posted this in the meltdown thread, but I guess it got lost in the shuffle :)

It could be about distrust and getting f*cked over by people who aren't supposed to f*ck you over. The doors closing and such remind me of obstacles or of opportunities that could have been lost, and a lament of those losses. The little kid could represent innocence and blind faith, which in the end gets lost as you grow older. I don't know...just rambling, LOL.

RMadd
03-10-2005, 01:06 PM
interesting, that's for sure. the quality wasn't as bad as i was expecting (which was about 20 kbps audio quality lol). i'll prolly have to watch it a couple more times to understand what the theme or message is.

RMadd
03-10-2005, 01:07 PM
one thing that did disturb me, tho, was that it seemed like Myles was wearing eye-shadow... is he trying to be punk/emo all of a sudden lol?

Dogstar
03-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Hmmm, I thought he looked hot. Maybe it's eyeliner or something. The cameras can wash some people out, so maybe they thought he needed a little makeup.

Anna1011
03-10-2005, 02:06 PM
i like it when guys wear eye shadow or eye liner it shows their not afraid to show their feminine side.

Dogstar
03-10-2005, 02:09 PM
And Myles has beautiful eyes, so maybe the video people wanted to highlight them.

Anna1011
03-10-2005, 02:12 PM
yeah, maybe. think im gonna have to watch it again now cause i didnt notice any eyeliner or eye shadow last time.lol

Dogstar
03-10-2005, 02:13 PM
I thought he had liner or something on, but I'll have to watch it again, too.

Anna1011
03-10-2005, 02:22 PM
i think its just a little bit of eyeliner, im loving the shirt hes wearing he looks so hot in it :D

Dogstar
03-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Yes, I liked all the clothes in the video. Nothing too flashy, just cool.

Anna1011
03-10-2005, 02:30 PM
yeah. every time i watch that video or hear their music it sends tingling sensation down my spine, it reminds me of meeting them (it still doesnt quite feel real but its getting there) and seeing them live.

RMadd
03-10-2005, 03:21 PM
here's to hoping the next vid is Girls Gone Wild-esque, so us fellas have something to ogle about lol

uncertaindrumer
03-10-2005, 03:53 PM
here's to hoping the next vid is Girls Gone Wild-esque, so us fellas have something to ogle about lol

Yeah, umm... or not. lol

Anyway, I thought he was wearing eyeliner to make him look a little more (this is gonna sound really silly...) dead? Maybe that's just me.

Anna1011
03-10-2005, 05:31 PM
^^^ no it seems to make a bit of sense

revisfoot
03-10-2005, 06:32 PM
I am all up for the plethora of women in string bikini's video!

I did like the Broken Wings video, just can't make heads or tails of it!

Trimontana
03-10-2005, 07:07 PM
I thought he had liner or something on, but I'll have to watch it again, too.

Yup girls,he has mascara and eyeliner in the part down of the eye...he looks very hot...well Myles is hot (well, not as Tremo ;) i am aTremonti girl).

scrit
03-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Im glad I stayed away from that last thread....

Anyway, that video was everything but what I expected. I expected something like OYE, but I could see this video getting popular. OYE was too bland to me. I thought the part with the TV and the people hiding was neat. The part where the shadow grows behind him reminded me waaay too much of the movie "boogeyman." Its not good when you have to be reminded of that movie...I did not like the eyeliner thing on Myles at all. The second i saw that, i said out loud "what is this, Greenday?" But after watching it again, I think UncertainDrummer might be right. It definatly makes him look more "dead"