Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Timing [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Timing

paul hill
02-26-2005, 12:55 AM
I love tremonti,s concept of guitar timing.he is genius.

Higher_Desire
02-26-2005, 01:31 AM
Umm... Yeah. :peoplesey OK.

H-D :pimp:

RoffeDH
02-26-2005, 09:18 AM
Wow! Real quick dude! Real quick! :P

Wylde-Tremonti
02-28-2005, 11:10 AM
um... i'm not sure Tremonti's rythem is all that unussual? i'm not sure if that's what you meant by "timing" tho...

uncertaindrumer
02-28-2005, 11:21 AM
*is confused*

revisfoot
02-28-2005, 06:47 PM
Same, but, yeah, I think we can all agree that MARK TREMONTI KICKS ASS!!!!!

uncertaindrumer
02-28-2005, 09:19 PM
Same, but, yeah, I think we can all agree that MARK TREMONTI KICKS ASS!!!!!

Heck yeah. Him+Myles Kennedy=just too awesome to believe. And yet we have it! They work insanely insanely well together and they are both so incredibly talented in their respective roles.

tremonti4life04
03-01-2005, 10:16 PM
I think he meant that when Tremonti plays guitar, he uses his mouth as a metronome to keep timing. Some people consider it to be him just making faces, but it stops him from having to tap his foot or do it in his head. If you watch his mouth and listen to the drum timing, hes dead on with his mouth movements

Wylde-Tremonti
03-01-2005, 10:39 PM
I think he meant that when Tremonti plays guitar, he uses his mouth as a metronome to keep timing. Some people consider it to be him just making faces, but it stops him from having to tap his foot or do it in his head. If you watch his mouth and listen to the drum timing, hes dead on with his mouth movements
NO NO NO NO!!! I Think we all know that those mouth movements are his INNER DEMONS Escaping!!!

johellion
03-01-2005, 10:56 PM
Heck yeah. Him+Myles Kennedy=just too awesome to believe. And yet we have it! They work insanely insanely well together and they are both so incredibly talented in their respective roles.

PLUS Brian and Flip!!!!....You are forgetting some important people!!!!!

Anna1011
03-02-2005, 06:19 AM
we cant forget brian and flip :D

Bridge of Clay
03-02-2005, 11:18 AM
we can't but we always do :(

RMadd
03-02-2005, 11:22 AM
um... i'm not sure Tremonti's rythem is all that unussual? i'm not sure if that's what you meant by "timing" tho...
you don't get what he means? i would assume that he's referring to keeping all the notes lined up in precise fashion while shredding, such that sixteenth and thirty-second notes, and all other combos he uses in the shred, are evenly spaced. each note is the same length as the one before and as the one after it. at least, that's pretty much what timing is in band (instruments), so i'd assume the concept applies to guitar-playing as well. paul was just complimenting mark's ability to keep the notes lined up evenly.

Wylde-Tremonti
03-02-2005, 10:34 PM
you don't get what he means? i would assume that he's referring to keeping all the notes lined up in precise fashion while shredding, such that sixteenth and thirty-second notes, and all other combos he uses in the shred, are evenly spaced. each note is the same length as the one before and as the one after it. at least, that's pretty much what timing is in band (instruments), so i'd assume the concept applies to guitar-playing as well. paul was just complimenting mark's ability to keep the notes lined up evenly.
... um... Thanks Smart Ass.... :rolleyes: lol
I meant i just don't see what was so great about tremont's Concept of timing is... it seems like his "Concept of timing" is just like any other guitar players'... He just maybe executes a little better than most guitarists now adays

uncertaindrumer
03-04-2005, 11:57 PM
PLUS Brian and Flip!!!!....You are forgetting some important people!!!!!

Uh... I can barely hear the bass most parts and when I can it is decent but nothing special. Flip is your stereotypical rock drummer, good at keeping the beat and everyonce in a while (i.e. Metalingus) he busts out a nice big fill.

But they aren't at the levels of their respective instruments that MK and Tremo are. Period.