Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Praise The Lord!!! Blink 182 Is Dead!!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Praise The Lord!!! Blink 182 Is Dead!!!

Wylde-Tremonti
02-22-2005, 08:32 PM
I saw On MTV today, While Flipping through Channels, THAT BLINK 182 HAVE BROKEN UP!

ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!
I hope this Means this Gay Pop-Punk Trend is OVER!!! LONG LIVE ROCK AND ROLL!!!

creedsister
02-22-2005, 10:26 PM
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :o I kinda Liked Some Of Their Stuff But I Agree PRAISE THE LORD :jam: :jam: :jam:

aussiecreeder
02-22-2005, 10:29 PM
their earlier stuff is a bit of a guilty pleasure but i don't think they pulled off "serious punk" too well. this was rumoured on dave navvaro's www.6767.com before mtv picked it up and reported on it. i'm not shattered but i'm not over the moon either. the official word is they are on an indefiente hiatus........

fluttergirl
02-22-2005, 11:16 PM
gay pop punk will never be dead as long as there are gay pop punkers.

theres only one solution

Wylde-Tremonti
02-22-2005, 11:19 PM
gay pop punk will never be dead as long as there are gay pop punkers.

theres only one solution
Are you thinking what i'm thinking Pinky?

I THink So Brain, BUt if jimmy crack Corn and nobody Cares; Then why did they write a song about him?

No Pinky... ;)

fluttergirl
02-23-2005, 12:00 AM
:roll:

pinky and the brain brain brain brain nrain

NARF

best show
ever

RMadd
02-23-2005, 12:15 AM
aaaaaaaahahahahaha, Pinky & the Brain rocked! I miss that show. An after-school staple in my younger years, it was.
as for blink, they were alright. far better than all these newer punk-shit groups (Ataris, Good Charlotte, etc.). I like a couple of their songs, but not a great enough number to actually have purchased any of their albums.

aussiecreeder
02-23-2005, 03:57 AM
Are you thinking what i'm thinking Pinky?

I THink So Brain, BUt if jimmy crack Corn and nobody Cares; Then why did they write a song about him?

No Pinky... ;)

lol that was funny......that show used to be frequented by my family tv set back in the day! :)

Anna1011
02-23-2005, 07:09 AM
really?? i know some of my mates are gonna be gutted about that.

Trimontana
02-23-2005, 02:41 PM
I think i could live without those mugs!!!!!!
Blink 182 did suck balls. I did never understand how they sold so many albums and they were on top of the lists :confused:
But thanks god they are done!!!!!

titan9
02-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Lol, I heard about this last night on another forum. I didn't believe it, so I just decided to check VH1 and Launch. Sure enough, they were reporting the same. I did not like Blink 182 at all, so I'm definitely not sad to see them go. As a matter of fact, I hated their last two singles(especially "Miss You". Such an annoying song and a stupid video as well) I'm glad to see them go.

The Lithium
02-23-2005, 05:26 PM
Sweet, hope they're not planning on going solo!

aussiecreeder
02-23-2005, 09:55 PM
well good charlotte and simple plan are still going strong and they are 10 times worse (well 100 times worse in simple plan's case) so i'm not celebrating too hard.

Dogstar
02-23-2005, 09:57 PM
Heh, yeah. Maybe this will be the start of something beautiful :D

Chase
02-23-2005, 09:59 PM
You know, I said the same thing! It's a good day for music. :)

aussiecreeder
02-23-2005, 10:33 PM
their drummer is good....way too good for a pop-punk outfit.

Wylde-Tremonti
02-23-2005, 10:35 PM
their drummer is good....way too good for a pop-punk outfit.
Definately Agree... Travis Is a Beast... Only Talent in that band

aussiecreeder
02-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Definately Agree... Travis Is a Beast... Only Talent in that band

for me is a bit like wes boreland who is the only talent in limp bizkit (why he returned i will never know). a talented guy surrounded by much less-talented co-members.

Wylde-Tremonti
02-23-2005, 10:47 PM
for me is a bit like wes boreland who is the only talent in limp bizkit (why he returned i will never know). a talented guy surrounded by much less-talented co-members.
Yeah... but Wes Boreland... Not so talented... lol
Travis Barker accually deserves to be a Professional Drummer... Wes Boreland... not as much...

aussiecreeder
02-23-2005, 10:59 PM
Yeah... but Wes Boreland... Not so talented... lol
Travis Barker accually deserves to be a Professional Drummer... Wes Boreland... not as much...

wes is preddy good i reckon.....the job he did in remexing apc's "weak and powerless" with danny lohner deserves a A. a lot of people said the same thing about tremonti in creed.

titan9
02-24-2005, 02:39 PM
well good charlotte and simple plan are still going strong and they are 10 times worse (well 100 times worse in simple plan's case) so i'm not celebrating too hard.

Well, I'd say Blink and those two bands are on an equal level in terms of badness. I can(or could) tolerate hearing a song by Good Charlotte. Heck, I'll even admit that I liked "Hold On" for a short time.(not anymore) But that new single(I just wanna live???)...............I HATE IT! Horrible song. Simple Plan got annoying after "Perfect". Blink got annoying after that first single off the last album. I consider all three bands on an equal level, I dislike'em all the same. Oh, and I hate how some people call them "Rock" bands. They aren't Rock. They're Pop-Rock at best, but definitely not Rock.

Wylde-Tremonti
02-24-2005, 05:11 PM
Oh, and I hate how some people call them "Rock" bands. They aren't Rock. They're Pop-Rock at best, but definitely not Rock.
I wouldn't even go that far... They're Pop-punk

titan9
02-24-2005, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't even go that far... They're Pop-punk

Yeah, that's true.

fluttergirl
02-25-2005, 12:41 AM
i vote good charolette next

aussiecreeder
02-25-2005, 06:05 AM
Well, I'd say Blink and those two bands are on an equal level in terms of badness. I can(or could) tolerate hearing a song by Good Charlotte. Heck, I'll even admit that I liked "Hold On" for a short time.(not anymore) But that new single(I just wanna live???)...............I HATE IT! Horrible song. Simple Plan got annoying after "Perfect". Blink got annoying after that first single off the last album. I consider all three bands on an equal level, I dislike'em all the same. Oh, and I hate how some people call them "Rock" bands. They aren't Rock. They're Pop-Rock at best, but definitely not Rock.

you're forgetting one important fact......blink were the orignal whilst the other two are the more than horrible clones.

JulieCitySlicker
02-25-2005, 08:13 AM
I hated that band anyways ;) They were annoying as crap :wtf:

titan9
02-25-2005, 12:45 PM
you're forgetting one important fact......blink were the orignal whilst the other two are the more than horrible clones.

Yeah, that's true, but I still dislike them all equally.

Bridge of Clay
02-25-2005, 01:00 PM
actually, as someone said on another board, Blink 182 has been doing their thing way before all this pop-punk shit era started...

their serious songs are pretty damn good.

and Mark Hoppus is an awesome bassist imo.

RMadd
02-25-2005, 01:15 PM
oh, snap! i've got some ignorant friends. we were all chillin' yesterday, and i said something about blink breaking up. my buddy & roommate from last year, Grant (some of you may remember CreedH8er), said he had heard about it. My roommate this year, Dustin, said he had too. They were both like "that's sad, because they were pretty good". after i disagreed with them, ol' Dusty had the temerity to say "well, better than Creed, or Alter Bridge". oh, shit, that pissed me off (esp. because he, too, liked Creed... and only after they put out Weathered which, IMO, is their worst album--but not terrible.... he also liked OYE when he first heard it, w/o knowing it was AB). he's also a huge country music fan. listens to that crap all the time. so i played my ace: i said "well, at least i don't pay $150 to go to a country boy-band concert (Rascal Flatts) back home w/ a girl before you're even together." (yes, he paid for her ticket, too). sure, they're together now, but i'd say she's pretty shallow, considering she hated him about 2 or 3 months ago, and prolly only likes him b/c he's flashin' the greenbacks. of course, this comment got a pretty big laugh from Grant & Cody, the other fella we were hanging out with. i feel bad for these guys, listening to the crap they do, and being impressed with it. i like a couple o' blink's songs (Stay Together for the Kids is far and away my favorite, Feelings This, b/c the bassline is badass, and I Miss You is decent). but most of their crap just doesn't pull me in. slaves to the MTV age, they are. it's a shame grunge ever happened: it took all the fun out of music. then the whole punk revival came about, trying to have fun again, but they're all a bunch of whiny, rich, white kids pretending they've got serious problems.

titan9
02-25-2005, 03:02 PM
Lol, don't you just hate the Creed/Alter Bridge bashers? Particularly the ones who have a bad taste in music? I do. My brother listens to bands like Puddle of Mudd and Linkin Park(they're ok, but not that good) but refuses to even give Alter Bridge a fair chance. It's pretty annoying, but, hey, if he bashes Creed or Alter Bridge, I can always fire back with an anti-Puddle of Mudd comment.:D

Chase
02-25-2005, 03:10 PM
C'mon... Blink 182 would've been better had Tom DeLonge not sang in any of their songs. I thought that he was the holding them back. Barker is a great drummer... and Hoppus isn't that bad. However, honestly... it was DeLonge's voice that really kept them from maturing. Even on their last album... he didn't do it any justice.

RMadd
02-25-2005, 03:39 PM
i absolutely love the phat note that Hoppus (he's the bassist, right?) drops on the first couple o' beats o' the first measure o' each chorus. it's so.... orgasmic

Higher_Desire
02-25-2005, 05:16 PM
Wow. I liked some of their stuff. I guess they've changed lineups so much it was due to come. Was there any more info on why they broke up?

H-D :pimp:

Ed Wood
02-25-2005, 06:58 PM
Get your facts straight before posting this kind of shit. THEY DID NOT BREAK UP.

http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1497401/20050223/blink_182.jhtml?headlines=true

Dogstar
02-25-2005, 07:40 PM
Hey Ed, chill out. That is nothing but spin anyway.

RMadd
02-25-2005, 08:02 PM
um, Ed, I hate to break it to ya, but the headline from the link you posted seems to state pretty clearly "confirms band's break". and i don't see any posts here claiming that the guys were at each others' throats, which the article seeks to discount.

JulieCitySlicker
02-25-2005, 09:42 PM
Get your facts straight before posting this kind of shit. THEY DID NOT BREAK UP.

http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1497401/20050223/blink_182.jhtml?headlines=true
:chillpill :chillpill :chillpill

;)

Ed Wood
02-26-2005, 01:10 AM
I'm cool... Just didn't like everyone wandering into the thread thinking they were done forever...

Especially since I thought their last album was amazing.

Trimontana
02-26-2005, 05:53 AM
Latest news from launch yahoo news
http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/16132779

Blink 182 Drummer Clarifies Band Status...Sort Of

02/25/2005 6:00 PM, LAUNCH
LAUNCH Radio Networks

Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker went on a Los Angeles radio station on Wednesday (February 23) to address the punk trio's current status. With speculation about a break-up rampant, the band's management issued a statement on Tuesday (February 22) claiming that they were going on an "indefinite hiatus"--a statement that Barker said he had no knowledge of. While Barker would not be specific about the band's future, he did tell the station, "I think it's healthy to take a break. We did the same thing four years ago...we're taking a break and letting everyone be creative on their time off, and have fun and come back when it's time and when it's ready and right. I believe there's great things in the future."

Barker insisted that relations between he, bassist Mark Hoppus and frontman Tom DeLonge were as strong as ever: "I love those dudes; they're my brothers. I wanted to clear up the rumors of us fighting with each other or hating each other. It's just not true." The drummer added that Blink pulled out of last Friday's (February 18) Music For Relief tsunami benefit concert in Anaheim, California, because "it didn't seem like a healthy time to be playing shows. We needed that hiatus to start right away."

Barker said that all three members of Blink will work on side projects and spend time with their families. Barker will appear on the Warped Tour this summer with the Transplants, while DeLonge plans to direct music videos and Hoppus wants to produce records. And then, said Barker, "things will be right again and maybe we'll have a rad new Blink record."

Wylde-Tremonti
02-28-2005, 07:15 PM
I'm cool... Just didn't like everyone wandering into the thread thinking they were done forever...

Especially since I thought their last album was amazing.
That is Fucking Sad that you think ANY Blink album is anything but Dog Crap... Pop Punk is a Trend... a Fad... There is absolutely no Musician Ship in Punk it's just a bunch of kids trying to be rockstars without learning to play their Instruments.
Go Pick up a Black Label Record and find out what TRUE Musician's can Do...

Ed Wood
03-01-2005, 02:03 AM
That is Fucking Sad that you think ANY Blink album is anything but Dog Crap... Pop Punk is a Trend... a Fad... There is absolutely no Musician Ship in Punk it's just a bunch of kids trying to be rockstars without learning to play their Instruments.
Go Pick up a Black Label Record and find out what TRUE Musician's can Do...Watch it there, man. It's opinion. I've listened to BLS, and not only did I think the music wasn't all that hot, Zakk Wylde has one of the worst (read: annoying, grating) voices I've ever heard. Again, my opinion. For what they were, Blink were great, but of course you're not going to like them if you don't like that type of music. Music doesn't have to be complex to be good. That is one of the arguments that people who love metal make, that it must be good because it's difficult to play. Sorry, that's a bullshit argument.

Blink really played with their sound on their last album, mixed catchy hooks with great percussion and ever got Robert Smith to sing on one of the songs! It was a wonderful pop/punk fusion that the fans loved and made fans of many Blink-doubters. They were very experimental with it and it came out brilliantly. It was just as deserving of praise as the new Green Day album. If you doubt musicianship in this type of music, shut up and listen to Green Day's "Jesus of Suburbia," a modern pop masterpiece.

Blink is not at the top of my list of favorite bands or anything, but I respect them for their work and thought they made one killer album and many good songs scattered throughout the years. Don't belittle me for my opinion!

You can have your BLS (and stop pretending to be a rock star).

Dogstar
03-01-2005, 02:47 AM
Green Day>Blink 182..

wayyyyy better.

Wylde-Tremonti
03-01-2005, 08:50 AM
Watch it there, man. It's opinion. I've listened to BLS, and not only did I think the music wasn't all that hot, Zakk Wylde has one of the worst (read: annoying, grating) voices I've ever heard. Again, my opinion. For what they were, Blink were great, but of course you're not going to like them if you don't like that type of music. Music doesn't have to be complex to be good. That is one of the arguments that people who love metal make, that it must be good because it's difficult to play. Sorry, that's a bullshit argument.

Blink really played with their sound on their last album, mixed catchy hooks with great percussion and ever got Robert Smith to sing on one of the songs! It was a wonderful pop/punk fusion that the fans loved and made fans of many Blink-doubters. They were very experimental with it and it came out brilliantly. It was just as deserving of praise as the new Green Day album. If you doubt musicianship in this type of music, shut up and listen to Green Day's "Jesus of Suburbia," a modern pop masterpiece.

Blink is not at the top of my list of favorite bands or anything, but I respect them for their work and thought they made one killer album and many good songs scattered throughout the years. Don't belittle me for my opinion!

You can have your BLS (and stop pretending to be a rock star).
-HAVE YOU HEARD TOM's VOICE? It sounds like he's Holding His NOSE 24/7.

-It's Not About Complexity. It's about a Guitarist's Skill and Versatility. Tom's Guitar parts don't have any variation in playing. Power Chord... octaves... power chords... octaves. I just can't respect him as a guitarist or a musician when i can play his instrument better than he can. That's not being cocky, any guitar player that's played for a year and has taken lessons is better than Tom.

-Anything is Catchy if you play it enough times. And yes. Travis is an awesome drummer. he's the only one in that band that can accually play his instrument. No wonder he wants to leave the band and play with other ones.

-Who's Pretending To Be anything? I'm not pretending to be a "rockstar."
I play Guitar. Guitars are my life and I've learned alot about them and worked hard to play my instrument well. It's sickening to see some twat that can't even play a pentatonic scale get 2 Signiture guitars from Gibson and Fender.
You should tell Tom to stop pretending to be a Rock Star and learn to play the fuckin guitar.

Wylde-Tremonti
03-01-2005, 08:53 AM
PS... Don't get me started on Greenday. At least Blink has the guts to play their intruments live... Billie Joe had to get a Touring Guitarist because he can't do it himself. And... at least blink doesn't mask their Horribleness with guitar effects like Greenday did on the latest album.

Anna1011
03-01-2005, 09:26 AM
ok so i dont think blink were all that great but i did like some of their songs, i dont think we should go round dissing bands or trying to get people to change their taste in music, everyone is DIFFERENT likeing different bands and wearing different clothes is what makes people different if we all liked the same things everyone would be the same and it would make the world a shitter place.just my opinion.

Ivan_Creed
05-13-2005, 03:01 AM
Good.
Moving on to Blink 183? :)
Just kidding...

Sincirr
05-13-2005, 12:23 PM
:laugh:

Ivan_Creed
05-14-2005, 02:28 AM
They dissapeared in a 182-nd Blink of an eye.....
Now their kind will be persecuted and hunted down... hail Britney... :alien:
;) ;)

Sincirr
05-14-2005, 11:21 AM
:hammerlol

But seriously,:rolleyes:

I was into the Anti Nowhere League and punk bands like that, so I always see that as the real punk U know.