Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Alter Bridge in top 20 for 2004!!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Alter Bridge in top 20 for 2004!!!

Alter Shredder
02-13-2005, 09:33 PM
ok guys and gals, didnt see this mentioned yet, but if it was sorry.

OK the news Open Your Eyes finished #19 for rock songs of 2004.

the top 5 for your curiosity were: 1.FIGURED YOU OUT Nickelback 2. SLITHER Velvet Revolver 3. COLD HARD BITCH Jet 4. JUST LIKE YOU Three Days Grace 5. COLD Crossfade

for the top 40 list, click here (http://www.billboard.com/bb/biz/yearendcharts/2004/rtttitl.jsp)

RMadd
02-13-2005, 09:37 PM
that's pretty impressive, esp considering i didn't hear it on the radio all that often... certainly didn't stay on the alt-rock station in st. louis' playlist that long

Dogstar
02-13-2005, 09:49 PM
What is the criteria for that list? Is it spins on radio or something? It can't be critical acclaim because Crossfade (No. 5) just plain sucks, along with a lot of the stuff on that list.

TeriB19
02-13-2005, 10:07 PM
I agree, I'd like to know what Billboard took into consideration before making that list.

aussiecreeder
02-14-2005, 02:12 AM
if its billboard it wouldn't be critical acclaim........how does that atrocious song from nickelback get most popular radio rock track?

Dogstar
02-14-2005, 02:16 AM
Hahaha, I know. I don't like Nickelback. I don't like most of the groups listed...

RMadd
02-14-2005, 02:20 AM
i'm willing to bet that it's number of total spins nationwide according to Neilsen or whatever it is that tracks that stuff. I know that's what they use to keep track of all the weekly charts. If you take a look at the following list from the past week in Mainstream Rock singles (http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/airplay/mainstream.jsp), you'll notice at the bottom, following the list, it says:
"Airplay monitored by Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems. Songs ranked by number of detections."
so that might answer the question posed above by Teri

Dogstar
02-14-2005, 02:21 AM
Hmmm, that's what I thought, and we all know how stuff gets play these days ;).

The Lithium
02-14-2005, 02:27 AM
the top 5 for your curiosity were: 1.FIGURED YOU OUT Nickelback 2. SLITHER Velvet Revolver 3. COLD HARD BITCH Jet 4. JUST LIKE YOU Three Days Grace 5. COLD Crossfade
WHAT? I don't like any of those songs!

Dogstar
02-14-2005, 02:30 AM
It's still cool that AB is getting play, though. I haven't listened to the radio in two years :D

The Lithium
02-14-2005, 02:31 AM
Haha, me neither, but yes! :D Although I've heard the songs pretty many times here in Sweden.

Anna1011
02-14-2005, 11:13 AM
i love three days grace - just like you, its good that alterbridge are on there though

RMadd
02-14-2005, 11:21 AM
seems like quite along time ago 3DG's debut album came out. looked it up, it was July '03. I remember hearing I Hate Everything About You around when it first came out, then nothing for quite a few months. Then I heard Home just this past fall or early winter... and I guess Just Like you was earlier in '04? Maybe it just seems like a long time b/c that was wayyyyyyyyy back before I had started college....

Anna1011
02-14-2005, 11:46 AM
i love the 3dg album i didnt get it when it first came out coz i hadnt really heard much by them but when i went to florida last year they played some of their songs on the radio alot.:)

The Lithium
02-14-2005, 12:07 PM
I didn't like the Three Days Grace at all...

Anna1011
02-14-2005, 12:18 PM
each to their own

Agent D
02-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Wow, that top five is crap. It's bad enough that Nickelback is number one, but did it have to be their worst song? And how the hell did they beat out Velvet Revolver? Good lord. VR and Jet are the only good bands in the top ten. Oh and AB being on the list is good too...

shiver
02-16-2005, 08:14 PM
I agree with VR and Jet being the only good bands in the top 5, Crossfade isn't bad either. Style over substance. You don't have to be good, or skilled, at what you do to be a big hit rockstar anymore.

TeriB19
02-16-2005, 10:13 PM
You don't have to be good, or skilled, at what you do to be a big hit rockstar anymore.
Unfortunately this is so true!

Agent D
02-17-2005, 04:55 PM
You don't have to be good, or skilled, at what you do to be a big hit rockstar anymore.

Nobody even uses the term "rockstar" anymore. It's a lost art, being a rockstar.

HuMaN~ClAy
02-20-2005, 08:00 PM
It can't really be the number of times the song was played..... if it was then songs that came out early in the year would be on top, unless they put the data in some kind of equation that would produce a percentage that would be comparable with percentages of other songs......... but i'm sure that songs like The Reason and Broken would have had a higher percentage of the airways than Cold by Crossfade...... i'd like to know how they ranked the songs.

uncertaindrumer
02-21-2005, 10:49 AM
Dang. VR was the only decent band on their and I don't even like them very much.

My faith in mainstream music is lost. Even mainstream rock now sucks. Or at least, the stuff that gets all the publicity. NICKLEBACK? Give me a break.

titan9
02-21-2005, 11:35 AM
My faith in mainstream music is lost. Even mainstream rock now sucks. Or at least, the stuff that gets all the publicity. NICKLEBACK? Give me a break.

Totally agree with that. I hate Nickelback.

Bridge of Clay
02-21-2005, 12:55 PM
I like Nickelback! :)

Although "I like your pants around your feet..." is kinda lame, no content at all... but it's still good for a laugh.

titan9
02-21-2005, 01:06 PM
I like Nickelback! :)

Although "I like your pants around your feet..." is kinda lame, no content at all... but it's still good for a laugh.

I think that's the song that turned me against them for good. I actually liked a few of their songs, but when I heard that song, I hated them from that point on. Of course, I don't hate them as much as I hate Outkast or Ashlee Simpson.

RMadd
02-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Of course, I don't hate them as much as I hate Outkast or Ashlee Simpson.
god, ashlee is horrible! i watched her tv show the other nite, just to see what it was about. what a load of shit! she just needs to give up her little singing career. it's not working out for her. isn't good enough to sing live, gets booed at a football game (and a big one, at that). you gotta realize when your 15 minutes are up!

Soundslave
02-21-2005, 04:20 PM
It's so sad that Ashlee sold over a million records in less than a week, with no true talent and singing songs that other people wrote.

titan9
02-21-2005, 05:38 PM
It's so sad that Ashlee sold over a million records in less than a week, with no true talent and singing songs that other people wrote.

I know! Meanwhile, talented acts like Alter Bridge sell 105,000 copies in their first week. Sure shows what kind of taste most people have when it comes to music. :rolleyes: