Led Zeppelin vs. The Beatles [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Led Zeppelin vs. The Beatles

DekWannaBFlea
02-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Who do you perfer?

RMadd
02-12-2005, 04:37 PM
shit son, Led Zeppelin all the way! The Beatles, IMO, were vastly overrated. Sure, they're music's pretty good, but it's the whole Hendrix debate all over again: people loved 'em essentially b/c they were the first. But Zep can just run circles around the Fab Four or whatever the hell they were called. The Beatles=first boy band. Led Zeppelin=first real rock & roll band, and definitely the best ever. Page, Plant, Bonham & Jones were fucking amazing.

fluttergirl
02-12-2005, 05:39 PM
led zeppelin, all the way
the beatles were pretty awesome, but they just kinda pushed the door open, lz blew it off.
besides, i think the solo projects of harrison, lennon and mcartney are far better than the beatles as a group, so....

RMadd
02-12-2005, 07:35 PM
besides, i think the solo projects of harrison, lennon and mcartney are far better than the beatles as a group, so....
... aside from a certain someone's halftime performance a week ago... lol

fluttergirl
02-12-2005, 08:10 PM
well....
lol
collectively

creedsister
02-12-2005, 09:16 PM
LED ZEPPELIN No Doubt Because PAGE RULES :jam: :jam:

DangerousDan85
02-12-2005, 10:40 PM
The Beach Boys!!!

DekWannaBFlea
02-13-2005, 01:44 AM
The Beach Boys!!!

No.

aussiecreeder
02-13-2005, 02:31 AM
I go for Zep technically the agents of satan were much more talented than their boy-band counterpants! LOL bonham is still up there with the greatest drummers of all time and every second guitarist of note today owes a huge debt to page. beatles great but zep greater.......

Bridge of Clay
02-13-2005, 09:34 AM
Beatles.

You want it or not, they influenced 97% of the artists that came after them, including Led Zep.

revisfoot
02-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Zep were a lot more bluesy, especially in the beginning, than the Fab Four. Also, it was a lot to do about image as well. The Beatles (in the beginning at least): 4 clean cut young men from Britian with great vocal harmonies. Led Zeppelin: 4 young men who cared only to ROCK. I really do prefer Led Zeppelin, just because their sound was 'heavier,' but you have to admit -- The Beatles were the first mainstream band to write all their own material. These days, no self-respecting artist wouldn't. The Beatles changed the world. Led Zeppelin, however, shaped it into what it is now.

Wylde-Tremonti
02-13-2005, 12:04 PM
Never liked the Beatles...
Jimmy Page is the Shit... Nuff said

RMadd
02-13-2005, 01:52 PM
Never liked the Beatles...
Jimmy Page is the Shit... Nuff said
:clap:

jango
02-13-2005, 05:13 PM
Two completely different eras... this is like arguing who would win between the Unitas Colts and the Montana Niners. The REAL debate is The Who vs. Led Zeppelin.

Dogstar
02-13-2005, 09:09 PM
^^^ Thou speak the right...I still love Zep better, though.

RMadd
02-13-2005, 09:31 PM
yes, Zeppelin still gets my vote... they won the Grammys Lifetime Achievement Award tonite

DekWannaBFlea
02-14-2005, 01:25 AM
I thought about putting The who up their but I didn't think it would be much of a contest, it turns out that this wasn't one either.

RMadd
02-14-2005, 01:52 AM
it turns out that this wasn't one either.
lol
i guess we could make a thread that poses the question anyway...

Sincirr
02-14-2005, 06:33 AM
Two completely different eras... this is like arguing who would win between the Unitas Colts and the Montana Niners
Point.

Yeh well I grew up with Led Zeppelin so they are totally my winners.

However I do love both bands for different reasons. Even as a musician I love page's licks and as a beatles admirer I love their chord progressions.

Both bands are of most importance and could not be taken out of the history of music.

DekWannaBFlea
02-14-2005, 04:08 PM
Point.

Yeh well I grew up with Led Zeppelin so they are totally my winners.

However I do love both bands for different reasons. Even as a musician I love page's licks and as a beatles admirer I love their chord progressions.

Both bands are of most importance and could not be taken out of the history of music.

ANd thats mainly why i posted it the way it is, they are both amazing bands that influenced a lot of bands/people.

Sincirr
02-15-2005, 02:53 AM
Ah yes! Cos U wanted to mess with our minds hehehee. Very thought provoking