Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Can someone explain this to me? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain this to me?

Higher_Desire
02-09-2005, 07:55 PM
Why wasn't Alter Bridge nominated for a Grammy? :wtf:
http://www.grammy.com/awards/grammy/47noms.aspx

H-D :pimp:

Wylde-Tremonti
02-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Because the Grammy people are Douche Bags that's Why!!! lol

Agent D
02-09-2005, 08:02 PM

I'd have to agree.

And what the hell is the difference between record of the year and album of the year?

titan9
02-09-2005, 08:33 PM
Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal
(For duo, group or collaborative performances, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.)

Monkey To Man
Elvis Costello & The Imposters
Track from: The Delivery Man
[Lost Highway Records]

Take Me Out
Franz Ferdinand
Track from: Franz Ferdinand
[Domino Recording Co.]

American Idiot
Green Day
Track from: American Idiot
[Reprise Records]

Somebody Told Me
The Killers
Track from: Hot Fuss
[Island Records]

Vertigo
U2
[Interscope Records]

Ok, I agree with U2 and Green Day, as they both had big hits and both released solid albums. But Elvis Costello? Since when is he rock? Franz Ferdinand? The Killers? Open Your Eyes got every bit as much airplay as those two artists 'big' hits. And if we're basing it off of hits, where is Hoobastank? The Reason was a huge hit. If you're gonna nominate Ferdinand, Costello and the Killers, surely Hoobastank deserves a nomination.(and I don't even like them!) Okay, maybe Alter Bridge wasn't nominated because this category is the softer stuff. Let's take a look at the Hard Rock one........

Best Hard Rock Performance
(For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.)

Megalomaniac
Incubus
Track from: A Crow Left Of The Murder
[Epic/Immortal]

Some Kind Of Monster
Metallica
Track from: Some Kind Of Monster
[Elektra Records]

Feelin' Way Too Damn Good
Nickelback
Track from: The Long Road
[Roadrunner Records]

Duality
Slipknot
Track from: Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)
[Roadrunner Records]

Slither
Velvet Revolver
[RCA]

Velvet Revolver......they deserve it. Metallica.....I suppose since they're legends. Incubus.....understandable because Megalomaniac was a hit. But Slipknot? Not deserving. The worst one is Nickelback. Since when are they 'hard' rock? They aren't. Again, where is the nomination for Alter Bridge? Open Your Eyes got decent airplay, and lots of people have raved about how great One Day Remains(the album) is. I do have an idea why Alter Bridge wasn't nominated. Apparently, the Grammy's value hits above talent, as seen by the crappy artists who did get nominations. Creed never got the amount of nominations they really deserved. So I guess it's no surprise that Alter Bridge didn't get a nomination.:rolleyes:

Higher_Desire
02-13-2005, 12:39 AM
Yeah, you can say that again.

DekWannaBFlea
02-13-2005, 01:47 AM
I can't believe you are suprised that AB wasn't on there
....The grammys have always been shit.

tremonti4life04
02-13-2005, 02:11 AM
I think that the reason Alter Bridge isnt on there is because they came out pretty late in the year. What pisses me off the most is that they just got certified gold not to long ago, while other shithole moron bands like Modest Mouse are going platinum. People need to wake up from this moronic stupor that they are in and remember what music actually is.

aussiecreeder
02-13-2005, 02:34 AM
Not a Modest Mouse fan but to be fair to that band they have being around for 10 years so they've paid their dues. Anyhow stuff the Grammys and as long as AB can continue improving with each album and hopefully get some crediblity then I'm cool with that.

RMadd
02-13-2005, 02:44 AM
The Killers are pretty badass... but, yeah, the Grammy's suck.

aussiecreeder
02-13-2005, 02:48 AM
true Hoobastank make The Killers look like Led Zeppelin.........

The Lithium
02-13-2005, 02:55 AM
Why wasn't Alter Bridge nominated for a Grammy? :wtf:
http://www.grammy.com/awards/grammy/47noms.aspx

'Cause Grammy's are supposed to be bad!

Soundslave
02-13-2005, 09:41 AM
It's a shame groups like Franz Ferdinand, who isn't really a rock band is being nominated, and AB is not. But, if Broken Wings is as big of a hit as it should be, they should get a nomination next year. Pop radio loves songs like BW.

revisfoot
02-13-2005, 11:53 AM
Am I really the only one that hasn't been touched by the greatness of "Broken Wings"? lol. Seriously, I hear you all rant and rave about how great it is, but, honestly, it's never really been one of their tunes to really touch me.

Wylde-Tremonti
02-13-2005, 11:59 AM
I think it's that kind of song that's just more Commercially acceptable... i don't think people here are praising it for what it is... i think they're praising it because it's the one song on the cd that will really make it on popular radio... We want as many people to hear that song and go pick up the CD so they can hear how bad ass AB is...

Alter Shredder
02-13-2005, 12:52 PM
why would you want ab to even get a grammy...it shows good politics not good music. Screw the grammys we know what good music is.

Wylde-Tremonti
02-13-2005, 01:13 PM
why would you want ab to even get a grammy...it shows good politics not good music. Screw the grammys we know what good music is.
I Completely agree.. I was gonna say this b4 but forgot...
What Self Respecting Metal-Head Watches the Grammys???? Not me! lol :smokin:

DekWannaBFlea
02-13-2005, 01:14 PM
It's a shame groups like Franz Ferdinand, who isn't really a rock band is being nominated, and AB is not. But, if Broken Wings is as big of a hit as it should be, they should get a nomination next year. Pop radio loves songs like BW.

I don't like Franz but i am pretty sure they are Indie Rock.

RMadd
02-13-2005, 01:38 PM
But, if Broken Wings is as big of a hit as it should be, they should get a nomination next year. Pop radio loves songs like BW.
the only way they'll likely get nominated for next year w/ that song is if it has immense staying power. and i don't see that happening, just because the nominations come out more than just a few months from now, and it prolly won't be remembered as well by then

RMadd
02-13-2005, 01:41 PM
I don't like Franz but i am pretty sure they are Indie Rock.
yeah... i think they need to come up w/ a separate group for indie rock & punk now. because it's kinda weird to lump groups like Elvis Costello (essentially punk), The Killers and Franz Ferdinand (and all the other "The ____s" bands, all indie rock) in with other bands like Nickelback, Alter Bridge, etc... Sure it's all rock, but they're extraordinarily different styles of rock, not only musically speaking, but w/ regard to lyrical intent as well.

Soundslave
02-13-2005, 01:56 PM
Am I really the only one that hasn't been touched by the greatness of "Broken Wings"? lol. Seriously, I hear you all rant and rave about how great it is, but, honestly, it's never really been one of their tunes to really touch me.

Edit: Nevermind. Wylde-Tremonti said almost the exact same thing I was going to say.

tremonti4life04
02-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Here is my opinion on what should be where at the grammy's. This is my OPINION. I think that the grammys coordinators have their genre's mixed up really bad. I mean, i dont like watching the political melee that goes on, but at the same time, credit should be given where its due, and a grammy puts that much more money/credibility into your hands. I think its all politics and bullshit too, but its an award none-the-less. Wait til VH1 music awards and the Billboards happen this year, AB will get their dues.

Monkey To Man
[Lost Highway Records]
JAZZ/BLUES

Take Me Out
Franz Ferdinand
[Domino Recording Co.]
POP

American Idiot
Green Day
[Reprise Records]
PUNK

Somebody Told Me
The Killers
[Island Records]
-Never really heard them...

Vertigo
U2
[Interscope Records]
JUSTIFIED(ROCK)

(For solo, duo, group or collaborative performances, with vocals. Singles or Tracks only.)

Megalomaniac
Incubus
[Epic/Immortal]
ROCK

Some Kind Of Monster
Metallica
[Elektra Records]
JUSTIFIED(HARD ROCK)

Nickelback
[Roadrunner Records]
ROCK

Duality
Slipknot
[Roadrunner Records]
METAL

Slither
Velvet Revolver
[RCA]
JUSTIFIED(HARD ROCK)

titan9
02-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Here is my opinion on what should be where at the grammy's. This is my OPINION. I think that the grammys coordinators have their genre's mixed up really bad. I mean, i dont like watching the political melee that goes on, but at the same time, credit should be given where its due, and a grammy puts that much more money/credibility into your hands. I think its all politics and bullshit too, but its an award none-the-less. Wait til VH1 music awards and the Billboards happen this year, AB will get their dues.

Monkey To Man
[Lost Highway Records]
JAZZ/BLUES

Take Me Out
Franz Ferdinand
[Domino Recording Co.]
POP

American Idiot
Green Day
[Reprise Records]
PUNK

Somebody Told Me
The Killers
[Island Records]
-Never really heard them...

Vertigo
U2
[Interscope Records]
JUSTIFIED(ROCK)

Megalomaniac
Incubus
[Epic/Immortal]
ROCK

Some Kind Of Monster
Metallica
[Elektra Records]
JUSTIFIED(HARD ROCK)

Nickelback
[Roadrunner Records]
ROCK

Duality
Slipknot
[Roadrunner Records]
METAL

Slither
Velvet Revolver
[RCA]
JUSTIFIED(HARD ROCK)

I completely agree with those. Too bad the Grammy people don't know what to put in what category.:rolleyes:

Alter Shredder
02-13-2005, 06:28 PM
they just say pop/rock, punk, rock, metal, hard rock, etc...should just be lumped into as few categories as possible so that they have more time for r&b and hip hop cause that apparently is more popular...which is complete and utter garbage in all senses.

revisfoot
02-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Well, you think "Broken Wings" is more commercially acceptable. If so, it still has to TOUCH people to be a huge "hit". You know, I mean, music is honestly 80% emotion and 20% sound. It's how a song made you feel that makes you remember it. If a song doesn't touch me, doesn't make me really feel anything, than it's just filler. Broken Wings, I'm sorry to say, is just one of those songs that doesn't hit it with me, you know?

titan9
02-14-2005, 12:26 PM
You know, after seeing the nominations(and then seeing the winners) I noticed one artist was missing, an artist who had 2 hits in 2004:SWITCHFOOT! Where the heck is the nominations for these guys? If you can nominate an artist with one hit in 2004(Franz Ferdinand, Hoobastank, Incubus, the Killers and I'm sure there's more) how can you NOT nominate an artist with TWO hits in 2004? It's ridiculous, and if I was Switchfoot, I'd be pretty angry. The Grammy's COULD(and should) have nominated Switchfoot in the best Alternative category, because that's where they fit. And if they consider Franz as being a rock artist, well then, they could have put Switchfoot in there. Meant to Live and Dare You to Move were big hits and this just goes to show how messed up the Grammy's are. I believe they never gave Creed the nominations they deserved, too.

RMadd
02-14-2005, 01:01 PM
actually, Switchfoot had 3 singles (or at least they played 3 on the radio here, and they were all pretty popular, too). Meant to Live, Dare You to Move, and This Is Your Life. And for their first secular release, that's quite impressive, especially considering the music has a very positive message.

titan9
02-14-2005, 01:34 PM
Yeah, but only Meant to Live and Dare You To Move were hits. I've also heard "More Than Fine" and "Gone" on the local Christian station. Not sure if those are officially singles, though. And yeah, I agree it is very impressive. They've got a positive message, their lyrics have substance and there's no profanity whatsoever in their music. That's the kind of artist kids should look up to, not someone like Usher.

RMadd
02-14-2005, 01:39 PM
I getcha as far the huge singles are concerned. I've heard More Than Fine and Gone (I knew there was another one!) on the local alt-rock station too. Pretty impressive for a station that plays all the usual garbage hard rock (by garbage, i mean lyrics that are more depressing that uplifting)

titan9
02-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Yeah, I agree. I've never heard a Switchfoot song on any of the Rock stations, but I have heard them on the Alternative stations. I hope the MTV VMA's give Switchfoot the nominations they deserve.

RMadd
02-14-2005, 03:21 PM
oh, sorry if i wasn't clear.... i meant i had heard 'em on one of the two hardest rock stations here. Springfield's New Rock Alternative, Q102. They play all the new rock: Green Day, Velvet Revolver, etc. That's why, for me anyway, it was kinda weird hearing 'em on there, especially Dare You to Move and More Than Fine. Meant to Live rocks pretty hard, so that was a good fit. But the other 2, like you said, are more alternative. But the Q played 'em anyhoo.

titan9
02-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Yeah, that would be pretty weird. The 3 Rock stations that come in around here(Banana 101.5, Wrif 101.1 and 93.3, I forget the title of that one) play the stuff you mention. Wrif plays some classic stuff, too. Then there's the Alternative station, which plays some Rock, some Alternative, some pop(like Good Charlotte, unfortunately) and I've even heard Eminem on there a few times.(probably cause he's from Detroit, and the station is based there) I think it'd be weird hearing "More than Fine" on Banana, as that song is pretty poppy.(not that there's anything wrong with that, I love the song) But, then again, Banana did play "The Reason" back when it first came out.

uncertaindrumer
02-20-2005, 07:02 PM
AB didn't get a Grammy because the grammy's are given to crap "artists" like Green Day who know about as much about music as I know about golf.

Oh well, I'm glad. Alter Bridge getting a Grammy would be bad.

NeedforCreed
02-26-2005, 01:33 PM
I agree.

uncertaindrumer
02-26-2005, 01:56 PM
You know, after seeing the nominations(and then seeing the winners) I noticed one artist was missing, an artist who had 2 hits in 2004:SWITCHFOOT! Where the heck is the nominations for these guys? If you can nominate an artist with one hit in 2004(Franz Ferdinand, Hoobastank, Incubus, the Killers and I'm sure there's more) how can you NOT nominate an artist with TWO hits in 2004? It's ridiculous, and if I was Switchfoot, I'd be pretty angry. The Grammy's COULD(and should) have nominated Switchfoot in the best Alternative category, because that's where they fit. And if they consider Franz as being a rock artist, well then, they could have put Switchfoot in there. Meant to Live and Dare You to Move were big hits and this just goes to show how messed up the Grammy's are. I believe they never gave Creed the nominations they deserved, too.

I recall Creed winning best rock song for WAWO, which probably started a lot of people on the same discussion we are having now:

"Why are the grammy's so messed up?"

Lol, but you know its true. Most people would put Creed in that same category with all the crap bands this year. Now I would rather see LULLABY win a Grammy than Boulevard of Broken Dreams, but you get my point. I think.