Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
RE: Closed thread [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : RE: Closed thread

ctfan
01-25-2005, 10:10 AM
Because my opinions are different, that's what it always comes down to here, having disgusting insults flung in my direction and the thread locked. I have a clear and complete understanding of how things work now.

You can delete this one, or lock it as well.

Trimontana
01-25-2005, 10:24 AM
I think Steve took the right decision locking the other thread. I am a member of Proach board and lots of threads are locked for much less reason that this one. I think that's enough and as Teri said we were going nowhere. Who doesnt like AB can make an anti AB-board and get over there all the polemic. Thats enough at least i am fed up to listen shit about the guys.

fluttergirl
01-25-2005, 10:29 AM
:rolleyes:

Bridge of Clay
01-25-2005, 11:18 AM
funny that it's the same 2 or 3 people that cause trouble on 1000+ members board.

DekWannaBFlea
01-25-2005, 11:21 AM
Who said that it was pointless in the first place? ME. Ok, i am done, i just thought i would say that to indulge in self-satisfaction.

Ann Allusion
01-25-2005, 11:23 AM
Trimontana...calm down and try to put away the temper...there will be people in this world that have different opinions than you or anyone else do..and you are going to have to deal with it the rest of your life...and what is it they say...today is the first day of the rest of your life? Deal with it.

the other thread was closed, no surprise there...the "subject" of an apology and stapp was brought up...some people see it differently than others...some people can deal with these differences in opinion, others can't...opinions then become points of contention.

Closing threads does smell of censorship...but then again as we all know, and are expected to accept if we want to comment on anything...it's Steve's board....he'll do what he wants with it, and it doesn't matter if we agree with it or not. This happens so much over here now, heck...it's not unexpected anymore...

fluttergirl
01-25-2005, 11:25 AM
funny that it's the same 2 or 3 people that cause trouble on 1000+ members board.
and its their only posts too.

RockGoddess
01-25-2005, 12:05 PM
Because my opinions are different, that's what it always comes down to here, having disgusting insults flung in my direction and the thread locked. I have a clear and complete understanding of how things work now.

You can delete this one, or lock it as well.

Disgusting insults flung at you? You posted flat out lies about me. I
have never once boasted that I was in posession of salacious gossip and that all you had to do was pm me for the details. You claim I have done it many times on this board? Prove it. You won't be able to because it's a lie. And you know it.

edited for typos

Steve
01-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Like Marcos said, it is pretty funny that all the problems recently are stemming from the same people. Kind of ironic, is it not?

Well I must have glossed over these "disgusting insults" but irregardless of that, if you want to feel that the thread was closed because of you and your difference of opinions - if that makes you feel better - then so be it. However the thread was closed because it was going nowhere. 9 pages of comments and nothing was solved.

And I'm not stupid either. You can badmouth me or my site all you want, but keep it at the vh1 boards.

Closing threads does smell of censorship...but then again as we all know, and are expected to accept if we want to comment on anything...it's Steve's board....he'll do what he wants with it, and it doesn't matter if we agree with it or not. This happens so much over here now, heck...it's not unexpected anymore...

Please show me where "this happens so much." Link to the threads that have been closed, or describe the ones that were removed. I can only think of two that were done so in the last month other than obvious troll threads or spam threads. (And I looked it up. In case you didn't know, vBulletin logs every moderator action. Only 2.) But since you know more than I do, enlighten me.

titan9
01-25-2005, 12:32 PM
Well, this is pretty much the reason I stopped posting in that thread around the 4th page. If you don't agree with the majority, be prepared to have your opinions challenged. And bashed on occasion. And it seems kinda pointless to defend your views. Everybody's entitled to their opinion, unfortunately not everyone can accept that.(that everyone has a right to their opinion)

I don't think I'm one of those "3 people" who only post to bash Alter Bridge. I'm a big AB fan, but for once I found myself arguing in defense of Stapp, in a sense. I don't think I bashed AB at all in my posts. I really only said that I wished they'd stop bashing Stapp. That's what I, personally, viewed it as. They said practically the same thing, interview after interview, about Stapp although they worded it more and more negatively each time. I'm just ready to move on and when I read an AB interview, I'd like to see them talking about the future(Alter Bridge) and not the past.(Creed/Stapp) I realize that the media is most to blame that they are still talking about Stapp/Creed, but I also realize that they could say "hey, we've talked about Creed/Stapp enough, let's talk about something else, something involving our current band." That's really been my whole point. I'm not bashing AB, don't take it like that. I'm done with these threads because, again, it seems pointless to continually defend my opinion when those who disagree will never agree with my opinion on this.

Trimontana
01-25-2005, 01:40 PM
Trimontana...calm down and try to put away the temper...there will be people in this world that have different opinions than you or anyone else do..and you are going to have to deal with it the rest of your life...and what is it they say...today is the first day of the rest of your life? Deal with it.

ANN please, ignore me like i do myself already with some people over here. Thanks :D

hockeymom97
01-25-2005, 03:15 PM

the other thread was closed, no surprise there...the "subject" of an apology and stapp was brought up...some people see it differently than others...some people can deal with these differences in opinion, others can't...opinions then become points of contention.

Why is it censorship here but at PBF it's called keeping the board safe for all members (which IMHO is the board owners rights)? Just asking the question.

Torn Daredevil
01-25-2005, 05:16 PM
This is EXACTLY why I didn't touch that thread. We have no problems until the Stapp supporters show up in the AB forum. This is coming from a FORMER Stapp fan, hell, he's the reason I was originally drawn to Creed!

The facts speak for themselves. Stapp's silence speaks even louder.

ROCK ON, Alter Bridge... Can't wait to see ya in Chicago on Friday.

Trimontana
01-25-2005, 05:30 PM
This is EXACTLY why I didn't touch that thread. We have no problems until the Stapp supporters show up in the AB forum. This is coming from a FORMER Stapp fan, hell, he's the reason I was originally drawn to Creed!

The facts speak for themselves. Stapp's silence speaks even louder.

ROCK ON, Alter Bridge... Can't wait to see ya in Chicago on Friday.

Have fun on Friday man... ;)
ROCK ON.....AB FOREVER!!!

Chase
01-25-2005, 07:30 PM
Here's what I think is happening: When you defend Stapp, people turn it into an anti-AB issue. That's not the case at all. I'm a huge AB fan... I've seen them live and I thought that they were great. However, just because I haven't jumped on the "Stapp Bashing Bandwagon" that automatically makes me anti-AB. I'm not going to stop defending Stapp... or AB or anyone when I feel it is necessary. But when people are kicking Stapp while he's down, I feel the need to help the guy back up because I know when I'm in that situation, I would want people supporting me through the tough times. Stapp needs time to prove himself again. If Tremonti was in this situation I would do the same thing for him. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, I don't know if Stapp was wasted in Chicago, I don't know if Tremonti juices up on steroids. What I do know is that people make mistakes in life and that everyone has the chance to redeem themselves. I think that Scott is trying to do so right now. Scott's actually dealt with this problem before. He wrote a song about it called "Bullets." I think everyone needs to give the lyrics a look again.

Torn Daredevil
01-25-2005, 07:31 PM
He wrote a song about it called "Bullets." I think everyone needs to give the lyrics a look again.He did? I thought Mark wrote that one... :)

aussiecreeder
01-25-2005, 07:50 PM
It seems that some believe that the AB boys are not showing enough restraint in what they say about Stapp and they are "bashing him". I disagree completely, is telling what three people believe to be the truth bashing? I can't imagine it would be easy for Mark to say these things considering he is the godfather of Jagger but all 3 guys obviously feel the truth needs to be stated. What is the alternative? Let many continue to believe that Stapp is the second coming? Scott Stapp is probably only held in higher regard than Axl Rose and Fred Durst out there and eventually I think many of us have taken the blinkers off and see why.

BTW if a thread is closed why open another one to continue the discussion and play the martyr card?

RockGoddess
01-25-2005, 08:12 PM
BTW if a thread is closed why open another one to continue the discussion and play the martyr card?

Good point. Although it did give me an opportunity to respond. lol

TeriB19
01-25-2005, 08:22 PM
The thread was NOT closed because of the so called 'Stapp bashers' or because of those that are 'Anti-AB'. It was closed because, as Steve said, after 9 pages, I got tired of reading the exact same thing in every post. If you think it 'smells of censorship' that's your opinion. MY opinion is, if a thread goes on that long and everyone is still spouting the same arguments, and nothing changes, it's pointless. If the discussion on the closed thread continues on THIS thread for 9 pages, with the same posts:

Stapp is persecuted.

No he's not, he's to blame.

No he's not, he's totally innocent.

No he's not, he's got issues.

If that goes on for 9 pages, this one will be closed too.

aussiecreeder
01-25-2005, 08:24 PM
Good point. Although it did give me an opportunity to respond. lol

lol you do enjoy it somewhat.....hehe.

ctfan
01-25-2005, 08:36 PM
Disgusting insults flung at you? You posted flat out lies about me. I
have never once boasted that I was in posession of salacious gossip and that all you had to do was pm me for the details. You claim I have done it many times on this board? Prove it. You won't be able to because it's a lie. And you know it.

edited for typos

My comments to oneomerta where about johellion, not YOU rockgoddess. Get over yourself. I quoted what she posted so that she would know that my reply was directed to her.

Everything in my reply is TRUE about JOHELLION.

RockGoddess
01-25-2005, 08:37 PM
lol you do enjoy it somewhat.....hehe.

Enjoy it? No.

I don't appreciate having lies posted about me. The thread was closed before I chose to respond. Ctfan continuing on her rant simply gave me the opprotunity to reply.

RockGoddess
01-25-2005, 08:43 PM
My comments to oneomerta where about johellion, not YOU rockgoddess. Get over yourself. I quoted what she posted so that she would know that my reply was directed to her.

Mertie's post, the one you quoted, was about me. In quoting her, you implied that you were talking about me. If you're going to talk smack, at least get your target right.

I love the smell of backpeddling. Reminds me of victory.

ctfan
01-25-2005, 08:46 PM
Like Marcos said, it is pretty funny that all the problems recently are stemming from the same people. Kind of ironic, is it not?

Well I must have glossed over these "disgusting insults" but irregardless of that, if you want to feel that the thread was closed because of you and your difference of opinions - if that makes you feel better - then so be it. However the thread was closed because it was going nowhere. 9 pages of comments and nothing was solved.

And I'm not stupid either. You can badmouth me or my site all you want, but keep it at the vh1 boards.

Please show me where "this happens so much." Link to the threads that have been closed, or describe the ones that were removed. I can only think of two that were done so in the last month other than obvious troll threads or spam threads. (And I looked it up. In case you didn't know, vBulletin logs every moderator action. Only 2.) But since you know more than I do, enlighten me.

The "I support vomited Stapp" Steve. Pretty disgusting if you ask me. I was on the receiving end of that comment, but if that's what you allow here, so be it.

As far as your site being talked about at the VH1 boards, after being treated the way I have here the past few days....those people are justified. It's pounded home that you run this site the way you see fit, and that you are proud of it. You have no one else to blame for that but yourself. If you don't like the way the VH1 boards are moderated or operated....don't read there.

ctfan
01-25-2005, 08:47 PM
Well, this is pretty much the reason I stopped posting in that thread around the 4th page. If you don't agree with the majority, be prepared to have your opinions challenged. And bashed on occasion. And it seems kinda pointless to defend your views. Everybody's entitled to their opinion, unfortunately not everyone can accept that.(that everyone has a right to their opinion)

I don't think I'm one of those "3 people" who only post to bash Alter Bridge. I'm a big AB fan, but for once I found myself arguing in defense of Stapp, in a sense. I don't think I bashed AB at all in my posts. I really only said that I wished they'd stop bashing Stapp. That's what I, personally, viewed it as. They said practically the same thing, interview after interview, about Stapp although they worded it more and more negatively each time. I'm just ready to move on and when I read an AB interview, I'd like to see them talking about the future(Alter Bridge) and not the past.(Creed/Stapp) I realize that the media is most to blame that they are still talking about Stapp/Creed, but I also realize that they could say "hey, we've talked about Creed/Stapp enough, let's talk about something else, something involving our current band." That's really been my whole point. I'm not bashing AB, don't take it like that. I'm done with these threads because, again, it seems pointless to continually defend my opinion when those who disagree will never agree with my opinion on this.

Titan, my apologies for bringing you in on all this. It wasn't my intention.

ctfan
01-25-2005, 08:54 PM
With the exception of a couple of other people in this thread, the rest of you can save your breath and time defending yourselves, your comments, and your actions to me.

My opinions will remain as they are. And no amount of insults, sarcasm, or name calling directed at me will change that.

Dogstar
01-25-2005, 08:56 PM
The "I support vomited Stapp" Steve. Pretty disgusting if you ask me. I was on the receiving end of that comment, but if that's what you allow here, so be it.
No offense, but that is hardly a disgusting insult. You should go to some other boards where the shit really flies, with all the nasty name-calling and what-not. Steve runs a pretty clean board here, in fact, it's the cleanest one I've ever seen.

As far as your site being talked about at the VH1 boards, after being treated the way I have here the past few days....those people are justified. It's pounded home that you run this site the way you see fit, and that you are proud of it. You have no one else to blame for that but yourself.
If you don't like the way the VH1 boards are moderated or operated....don't read there.

^^^^^Hellooooo, McFly???? Take your own advice!!! If you don't like it here, leave.

ctfan
01-25-2005, 08:56 PM
Mertie's post, the one you quoted, was about me. In quoting her, you implied that you were talking about me. If you're going to talk smack, at least get your target right.

I love the smell of backpeddling. Reminds me of victory.

Ah, but victory is only sweet if you win.

johellion
01-25-2005, 08:59 PM

Ok since this thread is closed.....I need to know.....what is TRUE about me???

Dogstar
01-25-2005, 09:01 PM
Victory = win, therefore, it's sweet. :rolleyes:

TeriB19
01-25-2005, 09:02 PM
What will it take to get it through your thick skull??? NO ONE WILL WIN!!! This is not an argument that will be won or lost depending on how many times you post the same damn thing!! VH1 isn't moderated at all, so go there and be free! Go to PBF where you don't HAVE to defend Stapp. You said it yourself, if you don't like the way this board is run, don't read here.

titan9
01-25-2005, 09:23 PM
Titan, my apologies for bringing you in on all this. It wasn't my intention.

Oh, you definitely didn't bring me into all this. I posted in the first page of the original thread stating I didn't like all the Stapp bashing. I really got myself involved. So no apologies needed.:)

Here's what I think is happening: When you defend Stapp, people turn it into an anti-AB issue. That's not the case at all. I'm a huge AB fan... I've seen them live and I thought that they were great. However, just because I haven't jumped on the "Stapp Bashing Bandwagon" that automatically makes me anti-AB. I'm not going to stop defending Stapp... or AB or anyone when I feel it is necessary. But when people are kicking Stapp while he's down, I feel the need to help the guy back up because I know when I'm in that situation, I would want people supporting me through the tough times. Stapp needs time to prove himself again. If Tremonti was in this situation I would do the same thing for him. I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, I don't know if Stapp was wasted in Chicago, I don't know if Tremonti juices up on steroids. What I do know is that people make mistakes in life and that everyone has the chance to redeem themselves. I think that Scott is trying to do so right now. Scott's actually dealt with this problem before. He wrote a song about it called "Bullets." I think everyone needs to give the lyrics a look again.

Yeah, I agree with practically everything you just said there. Like you, I'm a huge Alter Bridge fan so I am definitely NOT being anti-Alter Bridge. They could bash 12 Stones and I'd still listen to them just the same. I try to seperate the music from the people behind the music, so therefore I don't hold what Stapp has done in the past(barroom fights) against him musically. I'll still support him as a musician.

Bridge of Clay
01-25-2005, 09:51 PM
argh!

You people just don't get the point, do you?

Why starting the same thing over and over again? geez...

This thread will be closed soon just like the others...

aussiecreeder
01-26-2005, 12:29 AM
With the exception of a couple of other people in this thread, the rest of you can save your breath and time defending yourselves, your comments, and your actions to me.

My opinions will remain as they are. And no amount of insults, sarcasm, or name calling directed at me will change that.

This is true but what makes you think anyone on the other "side" will change their minds. This whole discussion is simply a waste of time. To Rockgoddess my apologies I didn't see the earlier discussion the thread that got locked. Dealing with all of this crap is certainly not a pleasurable experience and I guess thats way I would rather mess around in the chat section when I do come here.

RockGoddess
01-26-2005, 05:16 PM
No apology necessary! It's all good. :)

aussiecreeder
01-26-2005, 06:42 PM
okay cool! :)

i dedicate this song to mr.scott stapp! :laugh:

And you stare at me
In your jesus christ pose
Arms held out
Like you've been carrying a load
And you swear to me
You don't want to be my slave

But you're staring at me
Like i need to be saved
Arms held out
Thorns and shroud
Like it's the coming of the lord
And i swear to you
That i would never feed you pain

But your staring at me
Like i'm driving the nails
And you stare at me
Arms held out like it's
The coming of the lord

And would it pay you more to walk on water
Then to wear a crown of thorns
It wouldn't pain me more to bury you rich
Then to bury you poor

Dogstar
01-26-2005, 07:00 PM
:D:D:D:D

DekWannaBFlea
01-26-2005, 07:16 PM
Leave Soundgarden out of this!

Dogstar
01-26-2005, 07:18 PM
Lmao!!!

titan9
01-26-2005, 09:03 PM
Lol, I didn't even know that was an actual song!:D Not that I approve of the posting of that song.:laugh:

fluttergirl
01-27-2005, 12:35 AM
what?
how do you not know that was a song?
pshhh
the unknown talent of Mr. Cornell is AMAZING.....

From an epinions spoof that i found HILARIOUS-
Soundgarden's Chris Cornell: "I never thought there would be a guy (Stapp) who would embody everything I wrote Jesus Christ Pose about."
NOTE-CHRIS DIDNT SAY THIS ITS A SPOOF

titan9
01-27-2005, 09:37 AM
Lol, I never really listened to Soundgarden. But I have heard some of Audioslave's 2002 album, and it's pretty good.

fluttergirl
01-27-2005, 03:40 PM
lol
you are horribly illiterate then.....
so sad, so sad...lol

DekWannaBFlea
01-27-2005, 04:00 PM
Lol, I never really listened to Soundgarden. But I have heard some of Audioslave's 2002 album, and it's pretty good.

Soundgarden is better, get Superunknown and you will agree.

Steve
01-27-2005, 04:22 PM
Personally I like Audioslave better.

fluttergirl
01-27-2005, 04:26 PM
Im torn.
I like Cornell's voice in Soundgarden. I like the progression and maturity of Audioslave.
I like Thayil, and think he has done wonderful work, but Morrello is the shiz.

However, only having this one album, which they didnt really have a chance to mesh before they made, id go Soundgarden. Take in the POTENTIAL for the nest CDs, id go Audioslave.

titan9
01-27-2005, 04:43 PM
lol
you are horribly illiterate then.....
so sad, so sad...lol

Lol, nah, I just have a mom that's very strict when it comes to the music I listen to.(I'm 16, 2 more years til freedom!!!:D) The only reason I've even heard some Audioslave is because my brothers are Audioslave fans, have the 2002 CD, and have played it quite a bit while I've been in the car. I like what I've heard, so I might just pick a copy up for myself.

DekWannaBFlea
01-27-2005, 06:02 PM
The cohesion of Soundgarden is better i think, it just seems Audioslave's cd was rushed. I do like Audioslave though.

(PLus the drummin is better in Soundgarden, i don't know why but Brad Wilk just seems bored with Audioslave, his drumming was badass in Rage.)

aussiecreeder
01-27-2005, 07:12 PM
lol it would have being really funny if chris did say that quote there fluttergirl! :) soundgarden were better for the following reasons;

1) his voice was better
2)matt cameron spits brad wilk out and then eats him for breakfast
3)lyrically chris wrote better lyrics with soundgarden
4)did i mention his voice was better? :)

what audioslave does better is that morello is more imaginative and probably more skillful than thayil and they rock harder but there is less imagination and matt cameron is easily better than brad wilk. check out the drumming in "jesus christ pose" for those that not heard soundgarden. if you have not heard a single soundgarden song or don't know who they are then why bother trying to debate about rock music here?

fluttergirl
01-27-2005, 07:13 PM
yeah, i didnt like much of the drumming in Audioslave
i know the man is capable of more.
listen to like a stone
its the same thing, whole way through, never changes
i think its tops every now and then.....
i hope audioslave HAS meshed...
it would make me happy.

aussiecreeder
01-27-2005, 07:17 PM
hope the 2nd album is all what we expect it to be. to me like a stone is almost a really generic version of "black hole sun" except with morello there instead of thayil. audioslave really rock with songs like "show me how to live" and quieter stuff like "the last remaining light" and its certainly better than the garden's really early stuff that was way too raw or their last album. however i'ld take badmotorfinger or superunknown over audioslave any day of the week. actually give me euphoria morning or temple of the dog instead........ :D

fluttergirl
01-27-2005, 08:47 PM
EUPHORIA MORNING>EVERYTHING
i agree with that
as you may see
lol

Torn Daredevil
01-27-2005, 09:06 PM
(PLus the drummin is better in Soundgarden, i don't know why but Brad Wilk just seems bored with Audioslave, his drumming was badass in Rage.)Man, listen to Hypnotize. Brad tears it up!!!

I really love Chris's solo stuff, I love Soundgardn, but I think Audioslave is just the fucking coolest group. I don't see why anyone had problems with the first album (besides "The Last Remaining Light," LOL) and I can't wait for the new album!!!

shiver
01-27-2005, 09:18 PM
OK gotta chime, the Audioslave album is one of the best purchases I have made in the last several years, along with AB and...I'm gonna say it...Mmm...Metallica...Saint Anger. Oh, I said it.

Dogstar
01-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Hehehe, it's OK...Psssst, I like St. Anger, too :D

tremonti4life04
01-27-2005, 10:57 PM
I didnt like St. Anger, that was by far the worst Metallica album ever. I like the stuff from the black album, And Justice For all, All that kinda stuff, back in the day. St. Anger was kinda monotonous to me. It just didnt seem like metallica.

Dogstar
01-27-2005, 11:03 PM
Yeah, it's definitely not their best work, but I like it a lot better than the Load/Reload crap. That, to me, was not Metallica.

fluttergirl
01-28-2005, 12:52 AM
i honestly dont think it was that bad
i think it was just overhyped
WAY overhyped

aussiecreeder
01-28-2005, 02:45 AM
Seeing really overweight women in hipster jeans>St.Anger ;)

DekWannaBFlea
01-28-2005, 02:58 AM
St. Anger is horrible....i can't explain it in words....just horrible....the snare? the dam snare sounds like a trashcan throughout that album.

aussiecreeder
01-28-2005, 03:01 AM
St. Anger is horrible....i can't explain it in words....just horrible....the snare? the dam snare sounds like a trashcan throughout that album.

bingo my friend.....apart from a few tracks which do rock its certainly worse than load and re-load which really weren't that bad IMO.

fluttergirl
01-28-2005, 03:18 AM
lol
well
i listened to it once
dont own it, and it didnt sound that bad

Dogstar
01-28-2005, 03:25 AM
Agreed on the drumming. The production throughout bit in my opinion, but I do like some of the songs. In fact, if you got the Some Kind of Monster collectible EP, there is a remix of SKOM that is so much more bad-ass guitar-wise than the original studio production. It's really rockin'. I don't know why they let the drumming stay the way it did. The sound was bad. I like the music part of it, though.

shiver
01-28-2005, 03:22 PM
I can't find any fault with it. I heard such bad reviews I thought I would never buy it. Then my friend played it for, just a minute or so of about 4 songs, and I went out to buy it the next day. As far as the production goes, it sounds just how they played it. They didn't go thru and clean it up or anything. It is supposed to sound heavy and raw. Kinda like how a person might feel if they were in rehab from a drug/alchohol addiction. Probably Metallica's second best album. It's like Jimi Hendrix's last album live at the Fillmore East, it got horrible reviews, and wasn't a best seller when it came out. Years later its thought to be genius, many say it's his best album.

Dogstar
01-28-2005, 03:30 PM
Well, the drumming sound does annoy me sometimes, but I do like the album. I wouldn't say it's their second-best, though, raw-sounding or not. I'd put it after everything from the black album and before.

aussiecreeder
01-28-2005, 06:27 PM
second best album?
better than and justice for all?
ride the lightning?
master of puppets?
black?
shall i continue......?
so this thread now has nothing to do with ab and stapp.......and its all my fault! ;)

titan9
01-28-2005, 06:30 PM
Lol, yup. Your fault for posting Jesus Christ Pose.:laugh:

aussiecreeder
01-28-2005, 06:35 PM
Lol, yup. Your fault for posting Jesus Christ Pose.:laugh:

lol its funny i think cornell is some sort of prophet for writing that song. maybe chris is actually from the future and then he went back and made that album. LOL

titan9
01-28-2005, 06:44 PM
Lol, it is a pretty funny song(lyrically).:D

aussiecreeder
01-28-2005, 06:51 PM
yeah i agree....would it pain you more to walk on water than to wear a crown of thorns? lyrically compare soundgarden to what he did on audioslave and well its like creed versus alter bridge in all honesty.

Soundslave
01-28-2005, 07:06 PM
Speaking of AB's lyrics, I really hope Myles writes a lot of the lyrics for the next album. The stuff that he wrote for the Mayfield Four was great.

aussiecreeder
01-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Speaking of AB's lyrics, I really hope Myles writes a lot of the lyrics for the next album. The stuff that he wrote for the Mayfield Four was great.

I agree and I also hope he writes a few of his own songs musically and they are included on the album.

RockGoddess
01-28-2005, 07:56 PM

Totally agree.

shiver
01-29-2005, 04:19 PM
I also have to say when I first heard the song Megalomaniac, from Incubus, I thought it was about stapp. Heh. I really did though.

titan9
01-29-2005, 04:27 PM
Well, the first time I heard the song, I saw the video for it. So, because Bush is in it(right?!?) I assumed it was about Bush.

shiver
01-29-2005, 04:32 PM
I haven't seen the video.

Are we talking about Bush the band or Bush the President?

Soundslave
01-29-2005, 04:45 PM
I think it was about the president bush

Agent D
01-29-2005, 06:10 PM
I don't remember Bush being in the Megalomaniac video. I only remembering seeing Hitler.

titan9
01-29-2005, 07:42 PM
President Bush is who I was implying. I guess he wasn't in the video, but I heard that the song was about him.

shiver
01-29-2005, 08:37 PM
Thats weird cause I can't see it being about him, but I can see it being about some superficial prima-donna rock star, there are a lot out there. Figured they had an encounter, so that was what the song was about, or a famous actor.

aussiecreeder
01-29-2005, 10:02 PM
I think that Incubus tune is about Bush and he draws some comparisons with Nazi Germany. I don't think its about any popular music star.......

titan9
01-29-2005, 11:39 PM
I agree, Aussie. That's how I took the song. Oh, and while we're on the topic of Incubus, today they were apparently on Xbox Live. I don't know if you guys know this, but they're huge Halo 2 fans. My brothers are, too. Well, apparently one of my brothers played one of the members of Incubus(he is not sure which one because the gamertag just said Incubus 1, Incubus 2, Incubus 3 etc.) And my Bro kicked that guy's butt! Pretty funny. They must suck at Halo 2.:laugh:

aussiecreeder
01-29-2005, 11:56 PM
I agree, Aussie. That's how I took the song. Oh, and while we're on the topic of Incubus, today they were apparently on Xbox Live. I don't know if you guys know this, but they're huge Halo 2 fans. My brothers are, too. Well, apparently one of my brothers played one of the members of Incubus(he is not sure which one because the gamertag just said Incubus 1, Incubus 2, Incubus 3 etc.) And my Bro kicked that guy's butt! Pretty funny. They must suck at Halo 2.:laugh:

yeah but can your brother sing like brandon boyd? ;)

titan9
01-30-2005, 11:44 AM
Lol, nah. I'm not sure who my bro played(might have been Boyd or one of the other guys) but I do know he did play one of the members. And he dominated the guy.:laugh:

Agent D
01-30-2005, 06:58 PM
Lol, nah. I'm not sure who my bro played(might have been Boyd or one of the other guys) but I do know he did play one of the members. And he dominated the guy.:laugh:

Now that is very cool.

shiver
01-31-2005, 03:50 PM
Oh yeah, well Garth Brooks came through the drive thru at the McDonald's I used to work at.

titan9
01-31-2005, 08:07 PM
Lol, Garth Brooks. He's like retired now, or something.

shiver
01-31-2005, 08:50 PM
Lol, Garth Brooks. He's like retired now, or something.

Hey! It's all I got. Except, I wasn't working at the time he came in. It was on a Sunday morning, I worked Sunday evening. Man, I got no exciting celebrity encounter. I tried at the AB show here in Nov. But I got shut down by the freakin security. Apparently, the owner only wanted people with backstage passes to hang around. Freakin' stooge.

XenoN
02-01-2005, 01:56 AM
Yeah! Well... I met Alter Bridge! :cool:
lol

Man I wish I was here for the infamous locked thread. I wanted to lay the smackdown so badly... but oh well. Too late now. I'm sure I'll get another opportunity.

It was cool reading the heated thread though! I was all gettin into it.