Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Kerrang Interview [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Kerrang Interview

RockGoddess
01-20-2005, 01:29 PM
As typed up by Glen5MD and posted at AlterBridgeBand.net:

On december 29th, 2002, Creed's Scott Stapp stepped out onstage in front of 15,000 people at Chicago's Allstate Arena and promptly sank to the floor, where he remained for the next hour.
Shortly afterwards, four horrified punters attempted to sue the band for damages, telling Cook County Court that the frontman of America's most successful band had spent the gig "rolling around in apparent pain or distress, so intoxicated and/or medicated that he was unable to sing the lyrics of a single song".
It was at that point that Creed's guitarist Mark Tremonti, whose entire family had been at the show, decided he'd had just about enough of "Scott F*&%i*@ Stapp".
"He just became impossible on that last tour," shudders the guitarist, who's sitting with his new band Alter Bridge-namely former Creed cohorts Brian Marshall and Scott Phillips, plus a new singer, Myles Kennedy-in a darkened corner upstairs at London's Mean Fiddler. "He couldn't manage his moods. He was the hardest guy in the world to get along with. We'd built up this massive amount of success and we were watching someone day by day pull the bricks off. It's not something I'd want to deal again. Ever."
Hence Alter Bridge-the magic combination of Creed's powerful, rumbling dynamics, and the sudden knack of writing great, classic rock songs with massive choruses and Kennedy's Chris Cornell-esque vocals...but crucially, minus the preaching of yore that irked so many.
Ah, yes. The preaching. It seems to have irked Alter Bridge's ex-Creed contingent somewhat, too-especially as it may not have been backed up by his actions...
Stapp claims his behaviour that night was brought on by prescription anti-inflammatory drugs. Is that true? Or was it something stronger? There's a long silence. The band exchange glances.
Mark: "You know, what happens behind closed doors...(long sigh) All I know is that, when you see someone acting like that, you know they're not acting like a normal person. He says the thing in Chicago was a combination of his medication and a shot of Jack Daniel's, but...With Scott you never knew if what he was saying contained an element of truth, or if it was just a bare-faced lie."
At this point bassist Brian Marshall enters the conversation for the first time. He looks Kerrang! squarely in the eye.
"Scott Stapp," he spits, "is a pathological f*&%i*@ liar."
If ever there was a band with an image problem, it was Creed. Their bombastic post-grunge anthems helped them shift 30 million albums in less than six years-an astonishing feat. Yet Stapp's fondness for Christ-like poses and spiritual subject matter led them to being pigeonholed as a Christian rock band. In the conservative heartland of Middle America, that was an invaluable marketing tool. Everywhere else, it just made them a laughing stock.
Thing is, lots of bands find themselves as critical pariahs-Nickelback, Alien Ant Farm-but the venom reserved for Creed, in particular Scott Stapp, was something else. This was a real, passionately-felt loathing that even mainstream, non-rocking America joined up for:American alt-comedian Patton Oswalt used to do a routine about his vision of heaven. It involved eating at his favourite restaurant-and every time he took a bite, Scott Stapp got punched in the face.
Rock fans were in agreement:the guy was a tool. Turns out the rest of Creed thought so too.
Mark:"He had this personality where he'd want to rule the room. We tried to deal with it for years, but it just got worse. He didn't even like music. He used to yell at us for listening to CD's on the bus because he said music was supposed to be our job, not our hobby!"
"There was a genuine dislike for Scott Stapp," nods brian. "And we all took the brunt of it for years."
Mark:"We were always having to defend him. We had to keep saying, 'No, he's not really like that'. It got to the point where you just couldn't defend him anymore. He had issues with so many people-our management, our label, everyone. You couldn't talk to certain people because Scott had an issue with them. It wasn't just friends either. Even my family got involved. When that happened, it was just like...that's it. You can't go there."
He doesn't sound like much of a Christian.
"Well the whole Christian thing was an assumtion people made. It was just that Scott wrote the lyrics, and he mainly wrote about Biblical things. So people thought (adopts dumb redneck voice), 'If he's referring to Gabriel in one of his songs he must be a good ol 'Church boy'. But what happens when you go to bars and get in fights, you know? All that stuff was swept under the rug."
Yet you wrote all the songs together. You must have had some kind of chemistry.
"We hadn't been a team for a long time. We met up for three weeks to write (Creed's final album) 'Weathered'. And that was the only time we wrote together in five years. It was impossible because he never came to soundchecks. Yet he would take credit for music that I had written. and too see credits go to someone who doesn't put in a hundredth of the effort you do...it's very irritating."
So who ended it? You or him?
Mark:"Scott's very good at trashing you to other people and then letting it get back to you. I heard this same thing that he'd said from four different people, so i was like, 'Look, this is over. I can't deal with you anymore'. He called me a few months later and wanted to get together and write. I told him I had a new band and that Creed was over. That was October 2003. I haven't spoken to him since."
Before they could become Alter Bridge, Tremonti and Drummer Scott Phillips first of all had to mend relations with bassist Brian, who actually hadn't been a member of the band since 2001. He'd been booted out by Stapp and forbidden to have any contact with his former colleagues. In fact, Alter Bridge's debut rehearsal was the first time Tremonti and Phillips had been in the same room as their old best friend for nearly three years.
Brian is reluctant to discuss his sacking. But it's clear from the way he speaks that there were some truly dark things going on.
"There was a long history of Scott and I not seeing eye-to-eye. It just built up and built up. It was unbearable. For me, I had a lot of personal issues at the time."
Scott once told MTV:"Brian left the band because if he didn't I don't know if he'd be here right now on this earth". What do you think he meant by that?
"I think he's referring to my mental state. I was dealing with a lot.
Your talking about drugs, right?
Long pause.
"I was doing things out on the road I probably shouldn't have done. I was no angel out there, thats for sure." He looks up. "But you know what? Scott wasn't the angel he claimed to be either."
Later that night, after an ecstactically received end-of-tour show-and one that suggests Alter Bridge are twice the their former incarnation was-there is the kind of ecstatic joy that comes with relief. There's the feeling that they're finally free.
Meanwhile, Mark and Brian are at the bar, buying people drinks and regaling Kerrang! with more-sadly unprintable- Creed stories.
"It's like when old prison mates or war vets get together and talk about the old times," explains Mark. "When you watch someone like that throw away all that you've worked for...it was just hell."
"But it's funny," he continues, signalling to the barman for another round. "As much as we want to leave all this in the past, it feels almost therapeutic to get it out."

AndrewFromABRox
01-20-2005, 01:37 PM
Is it just me or do they seem to be more anti-creed with every interveiw, I mean im not stapps biggest fan but its getting really blown up in my mind. Either they are just now opening up or they are having fun with this and saying its a little more than it was, or maybe mark shouldnt have reached for the last drink, maybe him and the other guys were a little "loose?".

titan9
01-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Is it just me or do they seem to be more anti-creed with every interveiw, I mean im not stapps biggest fan but its getting really blown up in my mind. Either they are just now opening up or they are having fun with this and saying its a little more than it was, or maybe mark shouldnt have reached for the last drink, maybe him and the other guys were a little "loose?".

I was just about to post that! I, for one, am sick of all the Stapp bashing and anti-Creed stuff that Mark is spewing out in each interview. It's like, enough already. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Mark's, a fan of Scott's and a fan of Philips, but I'm tired of this. We get it, Mark, you're upset with what happened during the Creed days. You don't like Stapp. You've said that in numerous interviews. You've gotten that point across. Now enough already. Stop the Stapp bashing. Remember that saying:if you don't have anything nice to say about a person, don't say anything at all. Mark, judging by this interview, doesn't have anything nice to say about Stapp. So why say anything, Mark? Why not just say "I've already made my opinion of Stapp clear, lets talk about something else." For me, everytime I hear how "terrible" Stapp was during the Creed days(according to Mark, Brian and Flip) it's like it opens old wounds. Right now I'm not thrilled, as a fan, to hear what Mark is saying in these interviews. The only guy, in my opinion, that seems to be handling the interviews well is Stapp.(shocker considering he's such a bad guy) I can say this:at least Stapp is TRYING to put a positive perspective on the whole thing, while Mark and Flip are just being negative in every interview. Kinda annoys me as a fan, but whatever. That's my opinion of it.

fluttergirl
01-20-2005, 02:19 PM
i dont think its Stapp bashing, and I dont think its anti-Creed, or Mark wouldn't be in a band with Flip and Marshall.
Theyre just starting to answer questions about what happened, instead of remaining silent. Apparantly, as Mark said, its therapuetic.
Everything they say has some basis in fact, I dunno bout Marshall's pathological liar statement, but then again, I dont know Stapp....

titan9
01-20-2005, 02:26 PM
At first, I didn't have a problem with Mark talking so openly about Stapp. But now that he's only gotten more negative in his comments, it's kinda annoying to me. Like I said, we get that Mark doesn't like Scott anymore. So why does Mark continue to say the same thing, wording it more negatively each time? If it's because he's continually asked about it, he could always say "I've already made my thoughts about Stapp clear and I'd like to move on and stop talking about it" I wouldn't mind seeing that answer for once, or even him saying something POSITIVE about Stapp. That'd be a breath of fresh air if he actually said something positive about Stapp, or stopped talking about Stapp in interviews all together. Again, don't take this as me bashing Mark. I'm a fan of his. But I just don't like seeing all this division, all this Stapp bashing. Likewise, I don't like seeing any Tremonti bashing that goes on at Stapp boards.

fluttergirl
01-20-2005, 02:39 PM
like ive posted before as well, its not stapp bashing if its true, true events that actually happened.....
and what has tremonti done to deserve bashing?
it bothers me, because it seems people want equal treatment for two very different people

the most interesting part of the article i found was that he said he hadnt spoken to him since 10-2003......

Soundslave
01-20-2005, 02:41 PM
I really don't know what to say. I've Creed has been my favorite band since the first time I hear My Own Prison. When they split up, It bothered me as much as it did the rest of you. We don't know what really went on behind closed doors, but it seems as if it is three guys from Creed with the same story, and Stapp still acting as if he is an angel or something. I'm sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle of what both sides are saying.

I agree with fluttergirl that it isn't Stapp-bashing, because Mark, Flip, and Brian are among the handful of people that know the actual truth about what went on behind the scenes of Creed. If all that they said about Stapp in this interview is true, I couldn't blame them for having to vent. If it Scott was that bad, then It would kill me inside to have to cover it up to say that it was just creative differences.

Stapp has remained rather silent on the matter of the breakup. Apparently he doesn't feel that he needs to go public to defend himself, or to give his side of the story.

Either way, I could care less about what has happened. Sure I'm curious to find out what truely caused the breakup. However, the music is what is imporant to me, not the musician's personal lives. Even if I can't respect a man for what he has done with his life, I can respect his music. Do people not respect Curt Cobain's music because he was addicted to drugs?

titan9
01-20-2005, 02:47 PM
I know. Hasn't he said before that the last time he spoke to Stapp was February of 2004? Or was that Stapp saying it.

I believe that some of what Tremonti says is true. But I also believe some of it is false. Same with Stapp. Like I've said in the past, we don't know Stapp or Tremonti. So we really can't judge what went on. I just don't believe Stapp was this awful person Mark seems to make him out to be. Hearing Mark say negative thing after negative thing about Mark kinda hurts me as a fan of Creed. You don't like seeing this happen to one of your favorite bands, you don't like seeing the members bashing each other. I just wish Mark would be a bit more positive about Creed and Stapp. It just seems like he's being way too negative about the whole thing.

And I can already see Stapp-only fans bashing Tremonti after reading this interview. That would be what would warrant the bashing I mentioned. I'm not justifying it, just saying Mark's negative comments about Stapp would warrant Mark bashing. Just as Mark's negative comments in previous interviews have warranted Mark bashing among the Stapp-only fans.

titan9
01-20-2005, 02:50 PM
Stapp has talked about the breakup! Have you heard/read any of his interviews? He's talked many times and hasn't really said a single negative thing about Mark, Brian or Flip.

fluttergirl
01-20-2005, 02:52 PM
thats my point, dear, whats there to say?
that theyre work aholics, love what they do, and fully appreciate their fans?

titan9
01-20-2005, 03:01 PM
Yup, I agree, I think that they all care about their fans(Scott included), love what they do and work hard. Maybe Stapp doesn't put in as many hours as Mark does, but I attribute that to him being a single father and really caring about his son.

But you're right, there's not really much else you can say about the whole Creed thing.

Alter Shredder
01-20-2005, 05:44 PM
remember this also was kerrang...the anti-stapp anti-creed headquarters of america...how much of this article stretched and manipulated what the guys said to make it sound more to their style?

Agent D
01-20-2005, 06:17 PM
remember this also was kerrang...the anti-stapp anti-creed headquarters of america...how much of this article stretched and manipulated what the guys said to make it sound more to their style?

Exactly! Every single AB-related article I've read has been anti-Stapp in some way or another. It isn't Mark's or Brian's fault. It's just the way these things have been written. The problem is that at this point in Alter Bridge's career, there really is nothing else to talk about. The interviewers just keep asking the same thing. And don't expect Mark and the others to back down and remain tight-lipped about what went on. No matter how courteous one thinks they should be regarding the matter, it seems like they've already done that throughout Creed's career. It's time for them to get this crap off their chest. The simple fact is that everyone wants to know what the hell happened. Everyone's just going to have give it time before no one really cares anymore what the deal between them was.

fluttergirl
01-20-2005, 06:25 PM
lol
isnt kerrang british? :D

aussiecreeder
01-20-2005, 06:27 PM
When his three former bandmates publically trash him in such a manner its clear there is a reason so many Creed fans no longer respect him, me included.

HigherGirl
01-20-2005, 06:45 PM
"Can't we all just get along"? :) (sorry, had to say it..)

I think both parties should move on, I LOVE Stapp and AB, Creed has broken up, and they should move on with their careers and just be HAPPY..:)

titan9
01-20-2005, 07:42 PM

I think both parties should move on, I LOVE Stapp and AB, Creed has broken up, and they should move on with their careers and just be HAPPY..:)

Exactly!

Oh, I forgot about Kerrang being the anti-Stapp, anti-Creed people. Kinda shocking AB would do an interview with them, huh?:laugh:

Shadow
01-20-2005, 08:29 PM
I know. Hasn't he said before that the last time he spoke to Stapp was February of 2004? Or was that Stapp saying it.
It was Mark. Mark made that comment after Scott said he has spoken to them since the break-up. Mark said the last time they spoke was in February (of 2004). So I don't know how he now claims he didn't speak to him since Oct. 2003. The story has changed yet again.

Also note that Mark said he didn't write a song with Scott for the 5 years before writing for Weathered. Well, that would mean that they didn't write a song together since 1996 (considering Weathered was written in early 2001). I don't understand how that can be considering WAWO was written in the Spring of 1998. This is just one example of the discrepancies in this article. There are a number of things that do not add up.

I am not saying that Scott was never at fault and he was the perfect angel. He wasn't. He has admitted himself that he did things he never should have. Here - another quote from Scott (he is talking about Jagger):
And, I tell ya, it’s the best thing that ever happened to me and probably one of the only reasons I’m alive right now; because I was on a path of making stupid mistakes and self-destructiveness and...You know, sometimes I wonder if I wouldn’t have been so fortunate to be alive if he wasn’t born. It really shapes you up.
HM Mag: Well, how does it feel from being the number one best-selling rock band in the world to kind of being a punching bag in the alternative music press?

Well, I don’t live my life based on other people’s opinion.

And nobody can take away my achievements and what I’ve accomplished, and no one can take away my fans, and all the positivity that they’ve shown us and given us.
You’ve just gotta be who you are. If being in Creed wasn’t cool, I’ll be uncool for the rest of my life.
You can see the full article here: HM Magazine interview ( http://www.passionbreedsfollowers.com/media/print/magazines/hm.shtml)

I just don't see the point for Mark and the others to keep bringing up the past. Scott went to hell and back. He is trying to rebuild his life. Let him.

Titan I am impressed with your posts and appreciate the fact that you have not been drawn into all the negativity regarding Scott. You are right in pointing out that Scott has not publicly said a negative word about his ex-bandmates. In EVERY radio interview he did in October he spoke glowingly of Mark. You can find audio for all these interviews at PBF.

Here is a quote directly from Scott:
"I'm not about to air my family laundry and be negative about people I love and have shared so many experiences and memories with." You can find the full article that quote was from here: Scott Stapp interview ( http://www.passionbreedsfollowers.com/media/print/webzines/upi.shtml)

Creed_Defaultgirl
01-20-2005, 08:54 PM
You go Robyn. I agree with you, as usual. And titian9, I want to say that one, you rock, and two, you are defenately not alone in being tired of the Stapp bashing, or however some of you here would rather embelish it.
The sad thing is, I liked Alter Bridge's music. Well, atleast until some certain brother of some certain band member started posting some things he really shouldn't have, the things that mainly Mark and Flip have been saying, somewhat Brian but not as bad. I don't beleive I've even heard Myles say much of anything. Maybe because the media and some people and "fans" can't get away from the dirt to dig up from Creed. You know, I really just wish the ex-creed members would just shut up about the breakup, and let Myles do all the talking for AB since so far he doesn't have crap to say about people, but he really hasn't said much at all, and let Stapp just worry about his solo, and I guess the GH, since no one else bothers to support it. Apparently he's doing a pretty good job, concidering how well it's done.

Soundslave
01-20-2005, 09:14 PM
The sad thing is, I liked Alter Bridge's music. Well, atleast until some certain brother of some certain band member started posting some things he really shouldn't have, the things that mainly Mark and Flip have been saying, somewhat Brian but not as bad.

Lately AB has been speaking out about the breakup. They've been saying a lot of negative things about Stapp. What is true, and what is fiction, we will never know. But I just don't see how you can stop liking a band's music just because of things they have said.

Creed_Defaultgirl
01-20-2005, 10:01 PM
Lately AB has been speaking out about the breakup. They've been saying a lot of negative things about Stapp. What is true, and what is fiction, we will never know. But I just don't see how you can stop liking a band's music just because of things they have said.

You know, I'm sorry. I did phrase that wrong. What was meant by that is, I did like their music, I still do like the music, but what they have said, and closely related people to the members have said has really hurt me. I do not respect them as human beings at all. It is impossible for me to have read all this hate, and understand all this hate that they have towards, it seems to me, what Creed was, and especially one of the main factors of Creed. You can say, well, you really don't know Scott, or whatever, but you know, there's just something about him that makes me know he's not some stuck up idiot that doesn't give a freaking crap about anyone else, as they seem to imply. I truly beleive he is a great person, a great dad, a great role model, and a great musician. There are still those things about him I see that are faults, but good greif, he's not Jesus! Since you can probably answer this, what kind of role models would you concider Alter Bridge to be?
To me, it just is not real when a person listens to someone's music, but can't agree or relate with the lyricist. I really can not relate with them because I do not want to be like them. I am truly dissapointed in them.

Oh yeah, I kinda have been noticing that AB has been talking about the breakup and very aware of how negativly they treat Scott. If I had not been aware of that, I would not have posted.

titan9
01-20-2005, 10:27 PM
It was Mark. Mark made that comment after Scott said he has spoken to them since the break-up. Mark said the last time they spoke was in February (of 2004). So I don't know how he now claims he didn't speak to him since Oct. 2003. The story has changed yet again.

Yeah, I figured he was the one who said it. Thanks for the confirmation.

Also note that Mark said he didn't write a song with Scott for the 5 years before writing for Weathered. Well, that would mean that they didn't write a song together since 1996 (considering Weathered was written in early 2001). I don't understand how that can be considering WAWO was written in the Spring of 1998.

That's true. I don't believe it when Mark says they hadn't written a song in five years prior to Weathered. Doesn't add up, and I question the truth of that.

I am not saying that Scott was never at fault and he was the perfect angel. He wasn't. He has admitted himself that he did things he never should have.

It seems like people always dwell on the negative stuff Scott's done. The Stapp fans are, it seems, constantly accused of putting him on a pedastal. That's not really the truth.

Titan I am impressed with your posts and appreciate the fact that you have not been drawn into all the negativity regarding Scott. You are right in pointing out that Scott has not publicly said a negative word about his ex-bandmates. In EVERY radio interview he did in October he spoke glowingly of Mark. You can find audio for all these interviews at PBF.

Thanks for the complement! It's true, it seems like alot have been drawn into the negativity concerning Stapp. I choose to ignore that stuff and just appreciate the music. But I just don't believe Stapp is this awful person everyone makes him out to be. I hate seeing all this negativity, all this division. Everyone really ought to just focus on the music....

And titian9, I want to say that one, you rock, and two, you are defenately not alone in being tired of the Stapp bashing, or however some of you here would rather embelish it.

Yeah, I know I'm not alone in being tired of it. I just hope it ends soon.

And, by the way, it's good to see you two(Shadow and Creed_defaultgirl) back. I thought you left after all the Stapp bashing that has taken place on here in the last few months.

Alter Shredder
01-20-2005, 10:43 PM
sorry amber i misspoke. the anti-stapp, the anti-creed center of the world...thats what i meant

shiver
01-20-2005, 11:13 PM
Its been like 10 minutes since I finished reading the interview, but I recall that Mark stated he decided in october 2003 that Creed was done, he didn't state that he hadn't spoke to stapp since 10/03. Also we know that creed was in the studio in January, right? Anyway, right now I am starting to see stapp as the person I always thought he was. It's amazing that I first heard Creed and thought they rocked, still do. But there was always something about stapp. I think the silence from stapp, and him saying he isn't gonna talk about the dirty laundry is like when you get in an argument with someone, and then say, well I'm gonna be the bigger person and not argue, when really your just trying to get in the last word. I also don't like people one month claim that they are Christians and then almost seem to mock Christianity the next. My own personal issue though.

DekWannaBFlea
01-20-2005, 11:27 PM
Who the hell cares? I don't see why this always has to be talked about, noone will change the other sides view. (Talking to everybody)

shiver
01-20-2005, 11:44 PM
Oh, but see its like fans from rival teams getting together and arguing over which team is better. On one hand we have AB fans, and on the other we have stapp's fans. And I say my team is better than yours! So eat it!

Agent D
01-21-2005, 12:12 AM
Who the hell cares? I don't see why this always has to be talked about, noone will change the other sides view. (Talking to everybody)

This is very true.

DekWannaBFlea
01-21-2005, 12:15 AM
Oh, but see its like fans from rival teams getting together and arguing over which team is better. On one hand we have AB fans, and on the other we have stapp's fans. And I say my team is better than yours! So eat it!

It doesn't prove anything.

tremonti4life04
01-21-2005, 12:48 AM
Well, I tend to think of it like this. Who did the other 2 members of creed rally around, Mark. Take that how you will, but don't you think they would have some loose ends to tie up with scott if it were tremonti's fault, or the things that tremonti said arent true? I always liked stapp, but i always thought there was some other agenda to him besides what he shows to the public. Hell, don't you think at least Bret Hestla would have stayed closer to stapp, where's his story? I would love to hear an unbias approach to the inside of creed. And i think Hestla would be a great person to interview. Stapp is going to tell you one thing, tremonti is going to tell you another, its the way music works, they are competing for popularity. I, on one had, tend to believe tremonti, i got to meet him and the other members of alter bridge, and they seemed like genuine, humble people. I never met stapp, but the only time i saw him live, he was acting like an asshole, in my eyes anyway. I walked away from that concert really not remembering anything noteworthy except that stapp swore a lot, and i got to stand right in front of tremonti. I'm not saying i think stapp is a bad person, maybe things are blown out of proportion. But, at the same time, dont you think that phillips and hestla would have at least stayed with stapp? Why would Tea Party get rid of stapp, he was their damn ticket to the big show! It all leads back to something weird on stapps part, but i'll stop here because im not taking heat for stapp bashing anymore.

fluttergirl
01-21-2005, 12:51 AM
sorry amber i misspoke. the anti-stapp, the anti-creed center of the world...thats what i meant
lol, uh huh...
thats right
i mean....i dont know....lol

Dek, I love you......

AndrewFromABRox
01-21-2005, 07:30 AM
Alright ti everyone that has said mark and the band are just telling what really happened or are just now getting it out, I understand that and it may be true. All im saying is (IMO) its getting more violent and hostile with ever interveiw, now like i said it COULD be true, we wont ever know, it just seems like theyre enjoying the attention or theyre really pissed off. Dont get me wrong i love alter bridge (yes even more than Creed) and i liked stapp alot when he was with creed, but i really liked creed because of the music more than the singer, so i am still a stapp supporter, but not really a fan. Anyway what im trying to say is im not just another post-creed clinger, trying to keep creed alive, Id rather move on but its obviously going to be a challenge, peace.

The Lithium
01-21-2005, 08:12 AM
Holy smoke, did Brian take drugs?

titan9
01-21-2005, 09:53 AM
Holy smoke, did Brian take drugs?

Apparently he did. Never knew that before.........

You forgot to mention that there are some(like me) who are equal fans of both. If Tremonti was getting all the bashing Stapp has, I'd be defending him the same. I'm defending Stapp in this topic because I just find it hard to believe that Stapp was this completely awful person that Tremonti and Philips seem to make him out to be.

I think the silence from stapp, and him saying he isn't gonna talk about the dirty laundry is like when you get in an argument with someone, and then say, well I'm gonna be the bigger person and not argue, when really your just trying to get in the last word.

How exactly is Stapp trying to get the last word? He hasn't said a single bad thing about Tremonti or Philips. In fact, he's really said nothing but good things about them and Creed. He COULD bash them, but he obviously prefers not to talk badly about guys who were once his best friends. Tremonti's interviews have made me respect Tremonti as a person less and less, while Stapp's interviews have made me respect him as a person more and more. Kinda unbelievable since Stapp is this terrible person. Stapp's actually, to me, coming across as someone who's truly thankful for what he has and someone who is truly sorry for any mistakes he made in the past. That says alot about Stapp today......and Tremonti's anti-Stapp interviews say alot about Tremonti.

I also don't like people one month claim that they are Christians and then almost seem to mock Christianity the next. My own personal issue though.

Since when did he mock Christianity? Maybe you're thinking of that MTV interview where he talked quite openly about it and I believe said "maybe I'll don a 'God man' costume" He said it jokingly. Not mockingly. He seems to have really re-found his faith. Every interview since the breakup that he has done, he has always talked about how he re-found his faith. As a Christian, that makes me happy for him. It's always great to see people come back to the Church, and this is no different. Nothing in these interviews that Stapp has done mocks Christianity.

I would love to hear an unbias approach to the inside of creed. And i think Hestla would be a great person to interview. Stapp is going to tell you one thing, tremonti is going to tell you another, its the way music works, they are competing for popularity.

I agree, I would like to hear an unbiased opinion. You're right, Stapp will tell you his side, Tremonti will tell you his side and really, you don't know who is right. I believe some of what Stapp says and some of what Tremonti says. I think there's some truth and some lies there. That's where Hestla's opinion would come in handy.

TeriB19
01-21-2005, 09:57 AM
The interviewers just keep asking the same thing. And don't expect Mark and the others to back down and remain tight-lipped about what went on. No matter how courteous one thinks they should be regarding the matter, it seems like they've already done that throughout Creed's career. It's time for them to get this crap off their chest. The simple fact is that everyone wants to know what the hell happened.

This is the bottom line. The interviewers keep asking the same things. That's it in a nutshell. If the interviewers would drop it and ask questions about the FUTURE instead of dwelling on the past, maybe everyone else would follow suit. I can understand Mark's point when he says:

"As much as we want to leave all this in the past, it feels almost therapeutic to get it out."

How many times can they dance around it, walk on eggshells and be polite before they get sick of skirting the issues? I can understand them getting to the point where it just feels good to get it out in the open.

Obviously, Stapp has issues. It was clear to the other members of Creed, and apparently it became obvious to the members of The Tea Party or they'd be with him right now. And what can Stapp say in his defense? His silence is his answer, IMO.

DekWannaBFlea
01-21-2005, 10:24 AM
lol, uh huh...
thats right
i mean....i dont know....lol

Dek, I love you......

Lol

tremonti4life04
01-21-2005, 11:11 AM
This is the bottom line. The interviewers keep asking the same things. That's it in a nutshell. If the interviewers would drop it and ask questions about the FUTURE instead of dwelling on the past, maybe everyone else would follow suit. I can understand Mark's point when he says:

"As much as we want to leave all this in the past, it feels almost therapeutic to get it out."

How many times can they dance around it, walk on eggshells and be polite before they get sick of skirting the issues? I can understand them getting to the point where it just feels good to get it out in the open.

Obviously, Stapp has issues. It was clear to the other members of Creed, and apparently it became obvious to the members of The Tea Party or they'd be with him right now. And what can Stapp say in his defense? His silence is his answer, IMO.

Right on!

Steve
01-21-2005, 12:16 PM
Since when did he mock Christianity?

I think the original poster may be referring to the fact that he put out the Christian persona and is then found getting in bar fights, etc.

Ann Allusion
01-21-2005, 12:21 PM
This whole Kerrang thing acheived what it set out to do...get people talking, and paying attention to both AB, and stapp...from a publicity point of view, good or bad...it is publicity...and that is what "sells" (ok..so does "sex") but, think about it...a good soap opera can really draw in a crowd.

I posted how i felt about this at another bb...and after reading what has been posted since my remarks, came to this conclusion...people will read it and believe what they want to believe.

We may have our opinions about what was said, and reacted to it...but at the end of the day...the only ones it really matters to is the people THAT WERE REALLY THERE, and even then..."there is no Truth, only perceptions"...to borrow a phrase.

Mark, purging himself to the media because he feels it's theraputic, at the expense of someone he called "brother" in another time. Stapp, not expounding on the "dirty laundery" because he says he doesn't feel it needs discussed in public...two sides of the same coin...with totally different approaches.

I've always wished AB well, tho i've not agreed with their methods, nor do i like their music...and i've always stood behind stapp...and will continue to do so...

So, lets get on with life...forgive and let go of the pain....because it didn't kill ya...but it did make you wiser...and for that everyone should be thankful... :D

Agent D
01-21-2005, 01:12 PM
Maybe Stapp isn't airing his dirty laundry because what Mark is saying is completely true and Stapp can't afford to admit that because he'll lose his angelic persona.

Ann Allusion
01-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Maybe Stapp isn't airing his dirty laundry because what Mark is saying is completely true and Stapp can't afford to admit that because he'll lose his angelic persona.

Stapp himself has NEVER claimed to be perfect...that is something that has been assigned to him by some, possibly due to the personal expectations they held him to...and felt he should fulfill.

Airing dirty laundery in public...is rude...true or not, as in most cases, whether it is celeberty or one of us, there is no difference. Got a problem...work it out between yourselves, and if you can't...then JUST LET IT GO, and talk to a therapist if you need to "free" yourself...they have the cash to afford one.

again like i said, conterversy makes for great publicity... ;)

Shadow
01-21-2005, 01:41 PM
Scott never claimed to have an 'angelic persona'. He has just chosen to move on with his life and let the past remain the past.

Everything that happened during Creed cannot be changed - I'm sure there is a lot of regret on both sides. However, Scott is moving on and has chosen to NOT dwell on the problems that ultimately tore the band apart. Why can't everyone see that? So many people get such satisfaction from ripping him apart. How can one be so judgemental toward a person they never met? I don't agree with Mark and the approach he has taken, but I can't judge him - he has his reasons. But, I think all the negativity has backfired on him and them (AB). A lot of people have lost respect for Mark airing the 'dirty laundry' in public.

titan9
01-21-2005, 01:43 PM

Or maybe Scott just doesn't want to argue about what Mark is saying. Maybe Stapp just doesn't want to get into all that personal stuff. Just because he refuses to air the dirty laundry, doesn't mean he's hiding anything. We don't know what exactly went on, and we probably never will know the 100% truth.

I think the original poster may be referring to the fact that he put out the Christian persona and is then found getting in bar fights, etc.

Perhaps so, but Shiver didn't express it like that. I don't think Stapp ever put out the Christian persona. As he said in the MTV interview, people always asked "Is Creed a Christian band?" They never asked "Are YOU a Christian?" Scott said in the MTV interview that if they had asked him that question, he wouldn't have known what to say. Scott has said, while he was brought up in a very Christian home, he abandoned that, rebelled and joined a Rock band. I don't think he really portrayed himself as a Christian while in Creed. The Creed days were, in a sense, his rebellion days. And Christians do make mistakes, they do get into fights. Christians aren't perfect. What counts is that Stapp has acknowledged these mistakes and apologized for them.

However, Scott is moving on and has chosen to NOT dwell on the problems that ultimately tore the band apart. Why can't everyone see that? So many people get such satisfaction from ripping him apart. How can one be so judgemental toward a person they never met? I don't agree with Mark and the approach he has taken, but I can't judge him - he has his reasons. But, I think all the negativity has backfired on him and them (AB). A lot of people have lost respect for Mark airing the 'dirty laundry' in public.

That's really how I feel about it, Shadow. I have lost some respect that I had for Mark(as a person, not a musician) because of his constant Stapp bashing and airing the dirty laundry. That doesn't make me any less of an Alter Bridge fan, though. I just don't have as much respect for Mark as a man as I did before.

Agent D
01-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Man, I should've known I'd be flamed for that one. :rolleyes:

All of I'm saying is that there just might be some actual truth to what AB is saying. And regardless of whether or not Scott bestowed that angelic persona upon himself, he did nothing to difuse to it.

titan9
01-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Lol, we aren't flaming you! You seem like a good guy, but all I'm saying(and I'd be saying this to whoever said that) is that just because Stapp doesn't want to talk about the stuff that went on, it doesn't mean he has something to hide. It could be him being, you know, polite about the whole thing. We don't know, though.

I agree, there COULD be some truth to what AB is saying(and as I've said before, I believe some of what they say and some of what Stapp says) but I just don't believe Stapp's that awful of a person. And I don't think he deserves all this bashing that he seems to be getting from the guys who were, at one time, like brothers to him. Being a fan of Creed and of all the guys, I don't like to see Mark and Flip bashing Stapp in what seems like, every interview.

Steve
01-21-2005, 02:43 PM

Stapp himself has NEVER claimed to be perfect...that is something that has been assigned to him by some, possibly due to the personal expectations they held him to...and felt he should fulfill.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with this topic as no one really has an answer except for Mark and Scott. But with regards to Stapp's persona, he did give off that "perfect" persona during the Creed days, whether he wanted to or not. In general the stereotype is that a Christian will behave like a model Christian and be perfect. Creed was labeled a Christian band, and Stapp ended up the "image" of Creed. Therefore people (the media) had high expectations of Stapp.

Again, not saying this is my personal belief, but what one can perceive...

TeriB19
01-21-2005, 02:51 PM
I agree, there COULD be some truth to what AB is saying(and as I've said before, I believe some of what they say and some of what Stapp says) but I just don't believe Stapp's that awful of a person. And I don't think he deserves all this bashing that he seems to be getting from the guys who were, at one time, like brothers to him. Being a fan of Creed and of all the guys, I don't like to see Mark and Flip bashing Stapp in what seems like, every interview.
Wow, you agree there COULD be some truth to what AB is saying. Glad to see you're not calling them bold-faced liars. And you don't believe that Stapp is that awful a person. Believe what you will. I think that the facts speak for themselves. And whether or not you like to see Mark and Flip bashing Stapp in what seems like every interview, if the media would just let it go, they wouldn't have to keep explaining themselves over and over again. I guess you eventually tire of covering for someone who was once like a brother to you.

Agent D
01-21-2005, 02:57 PM
if the media would just let it go, they wouldn't have to keep explaining themselves over and over again.

Exactly. I'm sure it get tiresome of having to explain it again and again. And then I think their frustration with interviewers comes out in the form of these statemtents about Stapp. Maybe they don't intentionally mean it to sound as negative as it does. Then there's the author's way of putting the whole thing together. Perhaps some of these quotes were taken out of context.

titan9
01-21-2005, 03:01 PM
Wow, you agree there COULD be some truth to what AB is saying. Glad to see you're not calling them bold-faced liars. And you don't believe that Stapp is that awful a person. Believe what you will. I think that the facts speak for themselves. And whether or not you like to see Mark and Flip bashing Stapp in what seems like every interview, if the media would just let it go, they wouldn't have to keep explaining themselves over and over again. I guess you eventually tire of covering for someone who was once like a brother to you.

See, I never called them bold-faced liars. I'm a big Alter Bridge fan, I've stated that many times. I'm not bashing Mark or Flip. All I said is that I just don't believe everything they're saying. What they are saying might be 100% truth, but we don't know and I just, at the moment, don't believe it all. Facts? They haven't been proven 100%. Really, to me, it's just opinions, perspectives of Mark and Flip. It might be true and it might be false. We don't know that for sure. I don't take everything that Stapp says, everything that Tremonti says, as facts. I take it as opinions, perspectives of what happened. Some(or all like some believe) of it is truth, some(or all like some believe) is false. But the fact is, we really don't know how Stapp was/is. We don't know Stapp personally. The one thing I've maintained in this whole thread is that I'm just tired of the Stapp bashing. I wish Tremonti would stop bashing Stapp and just focus on the future. You're right, the media SHOULD stop asking. I never disagreed with that. But, Tremonti could easily(when asked the questions again) say "I've already made my opinion of Stapp clear, so there's no need to discuss it anymore." He could easily say that. And I'd love to hear that answer just once.

Then there's the author's way of putting the whole thing together. Perhaps some of these quotes were taken out of context.

You know, I just started thinking about that possibility. Perhaps, because Kerrang is so anti-Creed, anti-Stapp, they took Mark's words out of context. Maybe Mark didn't even say all those things in that interview. Who knows.

The Lithium
01-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Apparently he did. Never knew that before.........
I seriously doubt anyone of the guys are doing drugs now. They're all married, Flip is a father and Mark is about to be. I just can't see why they should...

fluttergirl
01-21-2005, 04:06 PM
Yeah, Lith that really REALLY bothered me to read about that, I wonder if anythign else will come out.
Dek, Terri, Steve, Agent D, y'all are saving me valuable time, now i just get to say, "I agree with that" rather type up some long-winded post that people will just misconsture or twist...So....Yea.

titan9
01-21-2005, 04:15 PM
I seriously doubt anyone of the guys are doing drugs now. They're all married, Flip is a father and Mark is about to be. I just can't see why they should...

Oh, I agree with that.

The Lithium
01-21-2005, 04:17 PM
Mark doesn't do drugs, I'm sure. He's so upset with his health and stuff... And I just can't see him working with people who are doing drugs. Especially not on tour. If they get drunk, so what? Just not infront of the fans or on stage. But drugs - well, I hope we will get a full story about this. I met Brian in September and he was the nicest guy ever, and totally here and clear. And now he has become a Christian. Also he said: "I did stuff I problably shouldn't have done". That means he's not doing it anymore... I hope.

shiver
01-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Doh boy, where to start. When I said that stapp was mocking Christianity, I was talking about the interview where he said whatever about God man, see the month before, or week before, or whatever, I remember reading an interview with him in a Christian magazine where he admits he is a "Christian" and he found faith, and lalala. Then he says blah blah about being God man, and maybe he was joking, and even still its a slap in the face to me, and should be to other Christians, at least Christians in the true sense of the word. He also said in another interview with KATT, in OKC, that he wrote the new song about his newly refound faith, and then proceeds to talk about going to strip clubs and other crap. Thats what I was getting at. And the whole football analogy was a joke, at least the last part, GOSH!

RockGoddess
01-21-2005, 05:23 PM

Thank you. I could not have said it better.

Is Stapp really that awful of a person? Well, let's look at what we do know: Flip went with Mark. Management went with Mark. The crew went with Mark. Brian Marshall, who once sued them collectively is back with Mark. Some of Stapp's closest childhood friends are with Mark. Are all those people mean spirited and Stapp is just mis-understood?

And why is it that Stapp behaves the way he does, but as soon as said behavior is commented upon it becomes "bashing"? It's like the elephant in the room that no one is supposed to talk about.

titan9
01-21-2005, 05:24 PM
Doh boy, where to start. When I said that stapp was mocking Christianity, I was talking about the interview where he said whatever about God man, see the month before, or week before, or whatever, I remember reading an interview with him in a Christian magazine where he admits he is a "Christian" and he found faith, and lalala. Then he says blah blah about being God man, and maybe he was joking, and even still its a slap in the face to me, and should be to other Christians, at least Christians in the true sense of the word.

That's what I thought you meant. Let me go pull up the interview in question, as I'm fuzzy about the exact quote.

MTV: Do you fear that "Relearn Love" will be taken as proof that Creed, and you personally, were Christian rock?

Stapp: No, because I'm not evangelical. I'm not doing this to try to preach this to people or to try to make people believe in what I believe in. I'm not handing out Bibles at my shows, and just like with Creed, not all of my [solo] songs are going to be about my spiritual life. It's a part of my life.

MTV: What if the negative criticism comes up again? Are you better prepared now?

Stapp: I'll just address it and be honest about it. If the Christian thing comes up again, maybe I'll put on a Superman suit with "God" in the front and be God-Man. Maybe I'll make a satire out of it. What can you do except deal with it?

At the end of the day, the people who know you, whom you love, are the only ones I'm accountable to.

I'm a very devout Christian(Roman Catholic to be exact) and I'm not bothered at all by that comment. He was only joking when he said that. I think people really overreact sometimes. He wasn't serious. If he was, I'd be offended.

I met Brian in September and he was the nicest guy ever, and totally here and clear. And now he has become a Christian. Also he said: "I did stuff I problably shouldn't have done". That means he's not doing it anymore... I hope.

Wow, didn't know he's a Christian now. That's awesome. He sure sounds like a nice guy.

titan9
01-21-2005, 05:27 PM
And why is it that Stapp behaves the way he does, but as soon as said behavior is commented upon it becomes "bashing"? It's like the elephant in the room that no one is supposed to talk about.

It's bashing to me because Mark has only gotten more negative in his comments about Scott. I'm not saying Stapp is some angel. He's not, nor are Mark, Flip or Brian. They've all made mistakes, that's only human. All I'm saying is that I don't believe Stapp is the worst person ever, like Mark(in recent interviews) has made him out to be. Of course, we really don't know what went on, so perhaps everything Mark is saying is true. I don't believe it is, but it's possible.

shiver
01-21-2005, 05:41 PM
That's what I thought you meant. Let me go pull up the interview in question, as I'm fuzzy about the exact quote.

I'm a very devout Christian(Roman Catholic to be exact) and I'm not bothered at all by that comment. He was only joking when he said that. I think people really overreact sometimes. He wasn't serious. If he was, I'd be offended.

Wow, didn't know he's a Christian now. That's awesome. He sure sounds like a nice guy.

But as a Christian aren't you here to spread the word of God? I agree that that was never Creed's message. I even defended that, because people would ask me, if Creed is a Christian band, why did I see this, or hear this. So when I see someone say they are a Christian, and then do things that aren't Christ like, I have to question that person. And I know we're all sinners, but we are also to repent, and strive to do whats right. And thou shall not judge, but Jesus calls us to, in the Bible, if I had more time I'd look it up exactly, but he says to judge those who say they are Christians, only to show a different side, only of course if we aren't doing the same.

titan9
01-21-2005, 08:07 PM
You've brought up some good points. You're right, we're here to spread the word of God and Christ. But Stapp, at the moment, doesn't feel like God is calling him to become a Christian artist and be evangelical. I highly doubt Stapp intended to mock Christianity by joking around about calling himself "God-man". If he did intend to mock Christianity, then that upsets me. But if he didn't and wasn't even serious, I'm not offended by that. The way I took it was that he was joking, so it doesn't upset me one bit. But I can understand if some are upset by it.

Agent D
01-21-2005, 08:18 PM
I don't think every Christian is meant to be evangelical. Some have it, others don't. The fact is that Creed was labled a Christian band because the general public is stupid enough to think that if a rock band uses the name Gabriel or God in song lyrics, then they must be Christian, even if the song isn't praising God (which none of Creed's music did). Hell, people even called Evanescence a Christian band for a short period after they debuted. :rolleyes:

shiver
01-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Well, It just kinda irks me when people, especially people in the public eye, come out and say they are Christians, and don't live by it. Your supposed to know a Christian by the way they live their life, and it seems too many people jump on the God bandwagon because its cool at the time, but they don't really want to live a Christian life, because it's too hard or no fun. Thats how I see stapp. When the Passion came out, everybody was on the Jesus bandwagon. But now, where are those peoples? Anyway I think this might be a bit off topic, My whole main point to begin with is that stapp seems to go thru these phases and to me Mark and the others seem to be a little more trustworthy, in my opinion, than stapp. It will remain that way until I see otherwise. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, well,uh, yoo...you can't fool me again," as the wise G.W. Bush once said.

shiver
01-21-2005, 08:25 PM
I don't think every Christian is meant to be evangelical. Some have it, others don't. The fact is that Creed was labled a Christian band because the general public is stupid enough to think that if a rock band uses the name Gabriel or God in song lyrics, then they must be Christian, even if the song isn't praising God (which none of Creed's music did). Hell, people even called Evanescence a Christian band for a short period after they debuted. :rolleyes:

Actually, every Christian is meant to be evangelical with the gifts and talents God has given. I don't think you have to explicitly say, "Hey you believe in God, or burn in Hell," actually I think thats half wrong, It's a way of life, and I think that if you proclaim to be something you better back it up. If I told everyone here that I was a better guitar player than Mark, I should find a way to back that up, like record an album, or post a mp3 of my work, so I could back up that claim. But if I said that, but did nothing about it, you all would presume I am a liar, yay?

titan9
01-21-2005, 08:30 PM
Well, It just kinda irks me when people, especially people in the public eye, come out and say they are Christians, and don't live by it. Your supposed to know a Christian by the way they live their life, and it seems too many people jump on the God bandwagon because its cool at the time, but they don't really want to live a Christian life, because it's too hard or no fun. Thats how I see stapp. When the Passion came out, everybody was on the Jesus bandwagon. But now, where are those peoples? Anyway I think this might be a bit off topic, My whole main point to begin with is that stapp seems to go thru these phases and to me Mark and the others seem to be a little more trustworthy, in my opinion, than stapp. It will remain that way until I see otherwise. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, well,uh, yoo...you can't fool me again," as the wise G.W. Bush once said.

That's true. I don't like seeing that, either. But, again, I don't believe Stapp meant it in a way that's demeaning to Christians. In every interview he has done, he has talked openly about how he re-found his faith. He's said in every interview that he is a Christian. Why would he want to bash Christianity if he, himself, is a Christian?

But I agree, it's tough to live a Christian life with how the world is these days. It seems like if you're a Christian(and you really live your faith, meaning you don't engage in the things that typical young adults engage in), you're not really cool. It doesn't bother me, but I agree, some Christians allow that to influence them and thus make poor decisions. But all of this is kinda off-topic.

joy division
01-21-2005, 09:08 PM
none of us are close friends with any of them but i believe when you have a famous reputation of being rude and unkind to fans, and your bandmates quit because they cant stand you, and you hear all these horror stories from other bands about Stapp... that is when i start to wonder.

there are many rockstars out there that are more popular than him and more respected who go out of their way to cater to fans. it is sad to hear so many horror stories about people meeting him.

i try to believe things with only my two eyes, but when so many say the same thing its kind of hard NOT to believe. its dissapointing. either way his reputation is even more ruined.

-dominic

ctfan
01-21-2005, 11:53 PM

Dance around, it walk on egshells and be polite?? You gotta be kidding!!! From the very first interview the members of AB did....that's ALL they've done. There hasn't been one single solitary interview, radio spot, or mag article where they haven't bitched like hell. The old "woe is me" crap. They've been "getting it out in the open" for what, 4 months now. How much longer is it gonna take before they talk about what's fun, how much they like to perform, how they are enjoying themselves, what cities they've enjoyed visiting etc. etc. to the media.

If it's that hard to give a good positive review to someone, then hell, they really need to talk to management, and schedule some different mag reviewers. If not it won't be long before people will see another interview, and say to themselves...."jeez, there's that guy from Creed again, whining like always".

I wonder if it's ever occured to anyone that Jeff Martin and his band are no longer working with Stapp because of the LABEL??? I guess not, because blaming Stapp is sooooo much more simple, and easy. And fun.

Steve
01-22-2005, 12:11 AM
How much longer is it gonna take before they talk about what's fun, how much they like to perform, how they are enjoying themselves, what cities they've enjoyed visiting etc. etc. to the media.

Why don't you write a letter to all the media organizations that are conducting interviews with AB and tell them to stop asking questions regarding Stapp and the Creed breakup then?

I wonder if it's ever occured to anyone that Jeff Martin and his band are no longer working with Stapp because of the LABEL??? I guess not, because blaming Stapp is sooooo much more simple, and easy. And fun.

Maybe because Jeff Martin said in an interview that he didn't want to work with Stapp... I quote... "There were so many hands in the pot, cooks in the kitchen and so much bullshit around everything Scott was doing or had to do. We would sit down with him on the dock and only then would he drop his guard and chill out. It was a very strange vibe. (It was) nothing that I'd want to be a part of. Everything that went on down there had to go through a manager and a lawyer".

http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2004/dec04/20041214_teaparty.html

ctfan
01-22-2005, 12:45 AM
Why don't you write a letter to all the media organizations that are conducting interviews with AB and tell them to stop asking questions regarding Stapp and the Creed breakup then?

Maybe because Jeff Martin said in an interview that he didn't want to work with Stapp... I quote... "There were so many hands in the pot, cooks in the kitchen and so much bullshit around everything Scott was doing or had to do. We would sit down with him on the dock and only then would he drop his guard and chill out. It was a very strange vibe. (It was) nothing that I'd want to be a part of. Everything that went on down there had to go through a manager and a lawyer".

http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2004/dec04/20041214_teaparty.html

That's not my responsibility to request such things from the media. It's AB's management, or the members of AB themselves. They are the ones who agree to the interviews. I read them, and post my opinions based on what I've read.

Umm, yea Steve, I know...I've read it. What part of Jeff Martins comments lead you to believe that Stapp WAS THE REASON why they didn't want to work with him. Everything that went on had to go through a manager and a lawyer, (even a dump, I believe one of them said) so how about THE LABEL being responsible for that instead of Stapp. Maybe that's the way THE LABEL wants things to be.

In fact, I believe Jeff Martin was the one who said that he really liked Stapp as a person..... :D

Like I said, it's so very easy for people to lay blame, it's been done much and so often and by so many people...it's become fun, and an excuse for those who will pick and try their best to be negative.

shiver
01-22-2005, 01:22 AM
I refer you to this article, that Steve posted, where we first hear of Tea Party and Stapp splitting.

http://www.calgarysun.com/perl-bin/niveau2.cgi?s=musique&p=90038.html&a=1

He does state that Stapp has personal demons, and he couldn't work around that.

Ann Allusion
01-22-2005, 01:25 AM
"There were so many hands in the pot, cooks in the kitchen and so much bullshit around everything Scott was doing or had to do. We would sit down with him on the dock and only then would he drop his guard and chill out. It was a very strange vibe. (It was) nothing that I'd want to be a part of. Everything that went on down there had to go through a manager and a lawyer".

I have to agree with CT, Steve...there is nothing in this particular quote from jeff martin that says anything negative ABOUT stapp...seems that stapp is still dealing with a lot of stress if he can only drop his guard when he is spending time alone with friends out on his dock...

Seems what they found uncomfortable was all the apparent "red tape" that stapp has to deal with...NOT the man himself.

aussiecreeder
01-22-2005, 03:24 AM
well Stapp is not the only artist on Wind-Up and yet no-one else has had two great guitarists remove their services. So Tremonti and Martin have now gone. Perhaps next time he can get Jimmy Page to say thanks but no thanks...... :rolleyes: I defended the guy for a couple of years but I think it just goes beyond common sense to have anywhere the same loyalty many Creed fans had back in the day. "Scott Stapp is a pathlological liar"-Brian Marshall......saids it all I think.

Steve
01-22-2005, 03:31 AM
To Ann and ctfan,

Nowhere in my comments did I say Jeff Martin's remarks made me believe Stapp was the reason for not working together. In fact, please point out where I said this, because ctfan, your comments make it appear that I did say this somewhere.

And if you really want me to take that position, then here ya go... as shiver posted...

"Nope," Martin says, when asked if the Stapp-Tea Party collaboration would continue.

"We just stepped away from the plate because right now," he pauses, choosing his words carefully, "I like Scott very much as a person, but there's a lot of baggage there.

"And you know how I've made a career out of having a bag of demons — but I've tamed them all.

"He hasn't learned how to do that.

"The problem with Scott is that there's too many cooks in the kitchen and he's misguided right now.

"He needs to take control of his own career and his own destiny."

From: http://www.calgarysun.com/perl-bin/niveau2.cgi?s=musique&p=90038.html&a=1

Jeff pretty much states that Stapp has problems (baggage) and he doesn't want to be a part of it. It's as clear as day there. Acknowledging someone is a nice person and acknowledging the person also has their own personal problems are two different things. One can think highly of a person and also realize the person has their own problems that they don't want to be a part of.

Dogstar
01-22-2005, 04:20 AM
Thank you.

tremonti4life04
01-22-2005, 08:19 AM
I guess we'll have to wait and see if goneblind calls it quits. As for all of the arguments going on here, i know its a creed messageboard, as well as alter bridge, why can't we all agree on the fact that CREED HAS BROKEN UP! No amount of arguing is going to change that, who cares whos fault it is, the fact remains, stapp is on one side of the bridge, tremonti and the rest of the band are on the other side (no pun intended). It is stapps fault for being stapp, it is tremonti, flip, and marshalls faults for being tremonti, flip, and marshall, they all believed they were justified in the breakup, thats all that needs to be known!

The Lithium
01-22-2005, 11:39 AM
Yeah, he's Christian now. Guess the long hair is a part of that. He looks like Jesus! :D I'm quite sure he's not doing it anymore. He's a very gentle guy, he asked me all kind of questions when I talked to him, he was truely interested in me as well.

And I have to add I think it's very brave of him to confess his mistakes.

titan9
01-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Yeah, he's Christian now. Guess the long hair is a part of that. He looks like Jesus! :D I'm quite sure he's not doing it anymore. He's a very gentle guy, he asked me all kind of questions when I talked to him, he was truely interested in me as well.

And I have to add I think it's very brave of him to confess his mistakes.

Yeah, that's definitely brave. As I've said, it's always great to see people come back to God.

the fact remains, stapp is on one side of the bridge, tremonti and the rest of the band are on the other side (no pun intended). It is stapps fault for being stapp, it is tremonti, flip, and marshalls faults for being tremonti, flip, and marshall, they all believed they were justified in the breakup, thats all that needs to be known!

Yeah, I agree with that. My whole point of all the posts I have made in this thread is that I'd like to see all this Stapp bashing from Mark stop. I'd like to see Mark talk more about Alter Bridge, and not so much about Creed. I also agree that the media needs to stop asking the Creed/Stapp question. But you know the media, so that's not going to happen.

Trimontana
01-22-2005, 12:01 PM
Well, my personal opinion in all that is that i dont think that this article is anti-Creed. They are explaining what they lived during the Creed era. There must be even more things that they wont say, and i think those that they wont say are the worst ones. I am fed up to say that Stapp is a liar and he was a difficult person to deal with. I recon Tremonti had to shup up many times and swallow many shit about Stapp and defend him. Tremo is an example of a good band member. He had never said anything bad or something that is not true just untill Creed was over. I am happy he is saying what he feels during all those years and i am happy to see them 3 together again and with more energy than ever...and of course to see them with someone like Myles Kennedy, a great singer and a very truly person with his fans.

Trimontana
01-22-2005, 12:05 PM
Yeah, I agree with that. My whole point of all the posts I have made in this thread is that I'd like to see all this Stapp bashing from Mark stop. I'd like to see Mark talk more about Alter Bridge, and not so much about Creed. I also agree that the media needs to stop asking the Creed/Stapp question. But you know the media, so that's not going to happen.

You know what Titan9.
When a person lives on hell and he cant say a word about what he is living it takes time to come back to normal. And what Mark is doing now is a very big relief cos if he is asked about Creed, he will ask and he will do it saying what he couldnt say at the time he was living on hell. So if you dont wanna hear Mark talking about what happened to him, dont read it.

Rock on!!

The Lithium
01-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Yeah, that's definitely brave. As I've said, it's always great to see people come back to God.
Yeah... And about the Stapp bashing stuff... It is an Kerrang interview - you never know what might be true or not...

Agent D
01-22-2005, 12:23 PM
Actually, every Christian is meant to be evangelical with the gifts and talents God has given. I don't think you have to explicitly say, "Hey you believe in God, or burn in Hell," actually I think thats half wrong, It's a way of life, and I think that if you proclaim to be something you better back it up. If I told everyone here that I was a better guitar player than Mark, I should find a way to back that up, like record an album, or post a mp3 of my work, so I could back up that claim. But if I said that, but did nothing about it, you all would presume I am a liar, yay?

I don't want to get off topic but I feel I must try and clarify my original point.

Stapp never came out and said he was any type of Christian. He never said anything at all, in fact, merely that Creed was not a Christian rock band. My point was that the whole Christian thing came about because well...people are dumb. You see, Scott made reference to Gabriel and God in MOP and so they assumed he the perfect, evangelical Christian. Like I said before, if people assume Evanescence is a Christian band then the attitude and appearance you put forth really doesn't mean a damn thing.

Okay, now I'm done.

titan9
01-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Yeah... And about the Stapp bashing stuff... It is an Kerrang interview - you never know what might be true or not...

That's true. I thought about that possibility......

johellion
01-22-2005, 05:51 PM

They are just now starting to open up...I think it is good for them too do so, they have had to keep sooooo much information hush hush for soooo long. Everything they said was true....and there is soooooo much more.

johellion
01-22-2005, 06:15 PM

I feel they have moved on....the guys are VERY happy with the new band and music....but as long as they have interviews, Stapp will always be one of the topics that will be asked about....enquireing minds want too know!!!

johellion
01-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Mark doesn't do drugs, I'm sure. He's so upset with his health and stuff... And I just can't see him working with people who are doing drugs. Especially not on tour. If they get drunk, so what? Just not infront of the fans or on stage. But drugs - well, I hope we will get a full story about this. I met Brian in September and he was the nicest guy ever, and totally here and clear. And now he has become a Christian. Also he said: "I did stuff I problably shouldn't have done". That means he's not doing it anymore... I hope.

No...they do not do drugs...Yes Brian is a christian....

RockGoddess
01-22-2005, 08:31 PM
It is an Kerrang interview - you never know what might be true or not...

There was a LOT of stuff left out. The entire interview was video taped. Everything in that article is true, and it was only a fraction of what was asked and answered.

Disillusioned
01-22-2005, 09:26 PM
They are just now starting to open up...I think it is good for them too do so, they have had to keep sooooo much information hush hush for soooo long. Everything they said was true....and there is soooooo much more.
I agree 100% Although it may appear as though they've been talking about it for months, I don't think they have. I think that for months they've been skirting the issue as best they can, while still remaining true to their own convictions about what happened. If Stapp wants to make nice for the public by not airing their dirty laundry, well good for him...that fits right in line with his hypocritcal nature <--- my opinion. Personally, I'm glad that they loosened up a bit in the Kerrang article :)

I'mRational
01-22-2005, 11:26 PM
I don't want to get off topic but I feel I must try and clarify my original point.

Stapp never came out and said he was any type of Christian. He never said anything at all, in fact, merely that Creed was not a Christian rock band. My point was that the whole Christian thing came about because well...people are dumb. You see, Scott made reference to Gabriel and God in MOP and so they assumed he the perfect, evangelical Christian. Like I said before, if people assume Evanescence is a Christian band then the attitude and appearance you put forth really doesn't mean a damn thing.

Okay, now I'm done.

Evanescence was a Christian band. Not anymore.

The Lithium
01-23-2005, 05:39 AM
No...they do not do drugs...Yes Brian is a christian....
Eh, yeah, that's what I just said.

Steve
01-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Eh, yeah, that's what I just said.

She was confirming that Lith... she's Brian's aunt? I believe...

Bridge of Clay
01-23-2005, 11:56 AM
There was a LOT of stuff left out. The entire interview was video taped. Everything in that article is true, and it was only a fraction of what was asked and answered.
such as? I'd like to hear that tape!

Let's start the dirty laundry! LOL!

j/k!

titan9
01-23-2005, 12:06 PM
such as? I'd like to hear that tape!

Let's start the dirty laundry! LOL!

j/k!

I'd like to hear the tape, too. Not to start dirty laundry, though.:laugh: But rather to confirm that Mark actually said everything that was posted.

OneOmerta
01-23-2005, 12:24 PM

and isn't it SO much FUN to allude to there being ALOT more said....(which I'm sure there was, I don't doubt that for a minute)...and that you KNOW all of it but won't share? :psyche: I bet you feel pretty special to be included in the "in the know, I can allude, but can't share" club :) I think it's great..and it must be fun to come to the various bb's and make a statement like that...just to get people wondering what else was said. I bet your pm boxes are loaded, people asking for details and such, but yet you can't talk about it openly on the bb's...just allude. How fun that must be! :rockon:

Steve
01-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Who said she knows what was said? She never said she knew, only that there was more said than was printed.

Ann Allusion
01-23-2005, 01:17 PM

Sorry Steve, you have your opinion, i have mine...that statement says exactly what it says...again it's all a matter of perspective...but as i read it, she is alluding to knowing what ALL really was said, even knew it was VIDEO taped, hmmm, was that posted by anyone? I believe the word "taped" might have been mentioned at some point, but not VIDEO...and I agree with One Omerta...I bet there are PM's left and right wanting to know all the "juicy" details. This is something that is done a lot...whether someone knows something or not...just to keep things going...and people wondering...

RockGoddess
01-23-2005, 09:02 PM
Steve is correct.

I didn't allude to anything.

Here's what I read:

Then there's the author's way of putting the whole thing together. Perhaps some of these quotes were taken out of context.

It is an Kerrang interview - you never know what might be true or not...

Here's what I responded with:

I only know that the interview was video taped and what was stated in the article was in fact said. I know that Flip and Myles were were asked questions and they answered them, and the interviewer spent a few hours with them; a lot of what was asked and answered during that time was left out of the final article. I do not know all of the details of what was left out. I have not received one pm regarding my post.

edited to add: it was video taped for the very reason that should Kerrang misquote anything, the band would have on tape exactly what was said.

johellion
01-23-2005, 09:13 PM

Yes I am....and...Life moves on!!!!! Rock @ roll :D

Disillusioned
01-24-2005, 01:25 AM

I agree 100% Although it may appear as though they've been talking about it for months, I don't think they have. I think that for months they've been skirting the issue as best they can, while still remaining true to their own convictions about what happened. If Stapp wants to make nice for the public by not airing their dirty laundry, well good for him...that fits right in line with his hypocritcal nature <--- my opinion. Personally, I'm glad that they loosened up a bit in the Kerrang article :)

Yes I am....and...Life moves on!!!!! Rock @ roll :D
OK, now I feel stupid. I had no idea that johellion was Brian's aunt. I agreed with her 100%, thinking that I was agreeing with her opinion, only to realize that although I spoke from a place of giving my opinion, she was speaking from a place of fact :o

DekWannaBFlea
01-24-2005, 02:53 AM
Will this thread ever die?

(I know i am bumping it, but people can see it easily anyway)

The Lithium
01-24-2005, 02:56 PM
Thanks for comforming that. Hope to get more info on this in the future.

ctfan
01-24-2005, 03:30 PM
well Stapp is not the only artist on Wind-Up and yet no-one else has had two great guitarists remove their services. So Tremonti and Martin have now gone. Perhaps next time he can get Jimmy Page to say thanks but no thanks...... :rolleyes: I defended the guy for a couple of years but I think it just goes beyond common sense to have anywhere the same loyalty many Creed fans had back in the day. "Scott Stapp is a pathlological liar"-Brian Marshall......saids it all I think.

Hmmm, well let's see. There is Big Dismal (who by the way no longer has ANY guitarist) and then there is Evanesence. I do believe they are both Wind-Up bands.... :D

titan9
01-24-2005, 03:48 PM
Big Dismal disbanded. They announced it on their message board. Wind Up took the board down and hasn't updated the site at all in about 6 months. Eric Durrance(the lead singer) is going on with a solo career. I don't know about the rest of the guys, though.

ctfan
01-24-2005, 03:53 PM
To Ann and ctfan,

Nowhere in my comments did I say Jeff Martin's remarks made me believe Stapp was the reason for not working together. In fact, please point out where I said this, because ctfan, your comments make it appear that I did say this somewhere.

And if you really want me to take that position, then here ya go... as shiver posted...

From: http://www.calgarysun.com/perl-bin/niveau2.cgi?s=musique&p=90038.html&a=1

Jeff pretty much states that Stapp has problems (baggage) and he doesn't want to be a part of it. It's as clear as day there. Acknowledging someone is a nice person and acknowledging the person also has their own personal problems are two different things. One can think highly of a person and also realize the person has their own problems that they don't want to be a part of.

Yea Steve, I read that one too.... :) But my opinion still stands. You know, I have alot of respect for Jeff Martin and his bandmates because I like the way they present themselves, and I like their music.

But over the course of many comments and opinions, people have made it appear as though the Tea Party just walked away because of Stapp, and I just don't believe that. The fact that the song they helped Stapp on, was remade without them...and it was after that the Tea Party left, says alot about the label. I mean, even Tremo stated that Wind-Up wanted them to edit their own songs, and he refused. Maybe that's what the Tea Party didn't like.

As far as the "baggage" comment is concerned....I know if I were another band member, I would really have to question working with Stapp too, given the fact that 3 of his (Stapp's) former band mates continually trash him in every interview they do. It would make me wonder if those former members would talk about me in the same way, esp if they knew me personally.

Hmmm, the demons?? Maybe Stapp is trying to please everyone.... :)

Just my opinions on things.

ctfan
01-24-2005, 03:58 PM
Big Dismal disbanded. They announced it on their message board. Wind Up took the board down and hasn't updated the site at all in about 6 months. Eric Durrance(the lead singer) is going on with a solo career. I don't know about the rest of the guys, though.

Thanks, that's my point. Two bands, and Creed makes 3. All on Wind-up. I just don't believe that Stapp is entirely to blame. People can think what they want, my opinion differs though.

ctfan
01-24-2005, 04:06 PM
and isn't it SO much FUN to allude to there being ALOT more said....(which I'm sure there was, I don't doubt that for a minute)...and that you KNOW all of it but won't share? :psyche: I bet you feel pretty special to be included in the "in the know, I can allude, but can't share" club :) I think it's great..and it must be fun to come to the various bb's and make a statement like that...just to get people wondering what else was said. I bet your pm boxes are loaded, people asking for details and such, but yet you can't talk about it openly on the bb's...just allude. How fun that must be! :rockon:

Yep, why she will even tell you that if you want all the details, just pm her. She's posted that here many, many times.

It's hilarious in way, cause she hasn't known a thing about Stapp for the last what, 4-5 years. Except what she's been told by others :D

titan9
01-24-2005, 04:08 PM
Thanks, that's my point. Two bands, and Creed makes 3. All on Wind-up. I just don't believe that Stapp is entirely to blame. People can think what they want, my opinion differs though.

I don't think he's entirely to blame, either. It does seem like Wind Up has bad luck with bands breaking up/losing members. 12 Stones lost their Bassist. Evanescence lost Ben Moody. Creed broke up. Big Dismal broke up. All of this happened in, what, the last 2 years?

ctfan
01-24-2005, 04:31 PM
I don't think he's entirely to blame, either. It does seem like Wind Up has bad luck with bands breaking up/losing members. 12 Stones lost their Bassist. Evanescence lost Ben Moody. Creed broke up. Big Dismal broke up. All of this happened in, what, the last 2 years?

Hi titan, I thought I had read about the bassist for 12 Stones, but wasn't completely sure, so thanks. Yea, something just isn't right. I mean, I realize that Wind-Up has signed several bands, but that's a pretty high percentage of lost members/and or break ups. I'm sure those bands had some personal problems within themselves, but I seriously think that Wind-Up is a huge part of the problem. I'm not a big fan of Hanson management either...lol.

Sorry I got off-topic of this thread.... :)

fluttergirl
01-24-2005, 04:47 PM
Yep, why she will even tell you that if you want all the details, just pm her. She's posted that here many, many times.

It's hilarious in way, cause she hasn't known a thing about Stapp for the last what, 4-5 years. Except what she's been told by others :D
Nowhere in her post does it say, PM me for details, If you have a problem with a member of the board, you need to adress them, not go talking smack behind their back, especially not in a public thread.
This is, what do you call it?
Airing dirty laundry?
just like you dont want AB to do with Stapp?
Nicely ironic.

TeriB19
01-24-2005, 05:08 PM
Nowhere in her post does it say, PM me for details, If you have a problem with a member of the board, you need to adress them, not go talking smack behind their back, especially not in a public thread.
Airing dirty laundry?
Nicely ironic.

Word. :thumbsup:

Dogstar
01-24-2005, 06:17 PM
Yea Steve, I read that one too.... :) But my opinion still stands. You know, I have alot of respect for Jeff Martin and his bandmates because I like the way they present themselves, and I like their music.

But over the course of many comments and opinions, people have made it appear as though the Tea Party just walked away because of Stapp, and I just don't believe that.
The Tea Party was pretty clear on why they were no longer working with him. Their words speak for themselves. They seemed pretty straightforward about it. Take off the rose-colored glasses.

As far as the "baggage" comment is concerned....I know if I were another band member, I would really have to question working with Stapp too, given the fact that 3 of his (Stapp's) former band mates continually trash him in every interview they do. It would make me wonder if those former members would talk about me in the same way, esp if they knew me personally.

I seriously doubt artists would believe half the stuff they see in print or hear in interviews. Anyway, weren't the Tea Party working with Stapp before a lot of these interviews with AB came out? That song was released in August, right? A lot of the so-called bashing has occurred after that, from what I can see.

Hmmm, the demons?? Maybe Stapp is trying to please everyone.... :)

On that we agree, but I think it has more to do with his image than anything else. I always thought he was too image conscious, so much so that it got in the way of the music. I think he's pretty media-savvy and had cultivated his image quite a bit, but keeping up the front, I think, got to be too much.
Just my opinion on things :D.

Chase
01-24-2005, 06:26 PM
It's funny. Stapp also got accused of being the "immature one." But after reading interview after interview where the shit talking increases... it seems like it's the other way around. I don't know if it's because Mark, Brian, and Flip feel like they have safety in numbers... but they seem to be asking for a public feud. We all know that Stapp is usually the one not to back down... but I think he's doing himself a big favor by proving to be the more mature one. He reflects positively on the Creed days... while Mark seems to sound like it was a miserable road for him. I think he needs to remember that it was us, the fans, who really help push him to the success that he has enjoyed since 1997. It's almost like they're trying to lure Stapp out of the shadows in order to publicly humiliate himself. Hopefully, for his sake... he stays out of it. I will say this however. I think that Stapp's recent performances of "Higher" is his way of sticking it to Mark. His way of giving Mark the one-fingered salute.

Dogstar
01-24-2005, 06:48 PM
Hmmm, Mark and Flip weren't writhing around on stage in a half-drunken/medicated stupor in Chicago,or pulling a little temper tantrum in State College, PA. We didn't hear about Mark and Flip in any bar fights, either. Who's the immature one here? We honestly have no clue what went on behind the scenes. I'm guessing it was a lot worse on both sides from what little has trickled out through the media. And while Stapp may be silent on this one (likely to preserve what's left of his image), he sure as hell said some dumb-ass things about Chicago, things that no one with half a brain would ever believe.

tremonti4life04
01-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Give me a good answer to this, seriously, because i am lost. Why in the world would Tea Party give up the opportunity of a lifetime, give up a singer from one of the GREATEST ROCK BANDS EVER, for a stupid reason????? There would have to be a lot of bad shit goin on for me to give that up. Scott Stapp was their ticket to selling major albums in the US, because they are basically just selling in canada right now. If you were all musicians, and you saw firsthand how hard it is to get recognition, you would realize how bad the situation had to be. I dont think that anything tremonti says is a lie, simply because of that reason. I think that once everyone realizes that, this thread might end on a happy note :) Cheer up everyone

tremonti4life04
01-24-2005, 06:59 PM
Hmmm, Mark and Flip weren't writhing around on stage in a half-drunken/medicated stupor in Chicago,or pulling a little temper tantrum in State College, PA. We didn't hear about Mark and Flip in any bar fights, either. Who's the immature one here? We honestly have no clue what went on behind the scenes. I'm guessing it was a lot worse on both sides from what little has trickled out through the media. And while Stapp may be silent on this one (likely to preserve what's left of his image), he sure as hell said some dumb-ass things about Chicago, things that no one with half a brain would ever believe.

RIGHT ON!

Agent D
01-24-2005, 08:21 PM
It's funny. Stapp also got accused of being the "immature one." But after reading interview after interview where the shit talking increases... it seems like it's the other way around. I don't know if it's because Mark, Brian, and Flip feel like they have safety in numbers... but they seem to be asking for a public feud. We all know that Stapp is usually the one not to back down... but I think he's doing himself a big favor by proving to be the more mature one. He reflects positively on the Creed days... while Mark seems to sound like it was a miserable road for him. I think he needs to remember that it was us, the fans, who really help push him to the success that he has enjoyed since 1997. It's almost like they're trying to lure Stapp out of the shadows in order to publicly humiliate himself. Hopefully, for his sake... he stays out of it. I will say this however. I think that Stapp's recent performances of "Higher" is his way of sticking it to Mark. His way of giving Mark the one-fingered salute.

Uh... :wtf:

Maybe Stapp hasn't said anything because he's the one at fault? Ever think of that?

ctfan
01-24-2005, 08:45 PM
Airing dirty laundry?
Nicely ironic.

Your right, she doesn't say that in ANY of her posts in this thread. I said, she's posted that in her posts of the PAST. She's the one airing what you call dirty laundry because everyone knows she likes to fill people in on things, she's boasted about it before. Only thing is, her dirty laundry is years old....LMAO!!!!

fluttergirl
01-24-2005, 08:54 PM
again, you are out of line
and how old is stapp?
if youre going to talk the talk, then walk the walk, dear.

ctfan
01-24-2005, 09:09 PM
The Tea Party was pretty clear on why they were no longer working with him. Their words speak for themselves. They seemed pretty straightforward about it. Take off the rose-colored glasses.

I seriously doubt artists would believe half the stuff they see in print or hear in interviews. Anyway, weren't the Tea Party working with Stapp before a lot of these interviews with AB came out? That song was released in August, right? A lot of the so-called bashing has occurred after that, from what I can see.

On that we agree, but I think it has more to do with his image than anything else. I always thought he was too image conscious, so much so that it got in the way of the music. I think he's pretty media-savvy and had cultivated his image quite a bit, but keeping up the front, I think, got to be too much.
Just my opinion on things :D.

God, being perched up on this cross, I have a pretty good view....and the rose colored glasses help..... :D As I told Steve, my opinions and comments on the Tea Party stand. If the reasons are clear to you, fine but they do differ for me.

Ok, so artists aren't supposed to believe half of the stuff they see in print or hear in interviews, but fans are???? Wow, how ironic.

The bashing of Stapp (if that's what you are referring to) by 3 of the members of Alter Bridge started with the MTV interview. I'm not sure of the dates, because I don't keep up with all of that, but there were enough interviews, radio spots, and mag articles at the time Stapp's song was released to curl most anyone's hair. I just know that if I were an artist, I'd certainly think twice about working with Tremo and co, at least with 3 of the members anyway.

And nope, I have to disagree with the image thing. By pleasing everyone, I meant, trying to make everyone happy. :)

Dogstar
01-24-2005, 09:20 PM
God, being perched up on this cross, I have a pretty good view....and the rose colored glasses help..... :D As I told Steve, my opinions and comments on the Tea Party stand. If the reasons are clear to you, fine but they do differ for me.
:rolleyes:

Ok, so artists aren't supposed to believe half of the stuff they see in print or hear in interviews, but fans are???? Wow, how ironic.
No, I never said fans should. Hell, I know I don't. I have said from the get-go that I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I'm pretty sure no artist is going to base working with another artist on what is said about the artist in the media.

I just know that if I were an artist, I'd certainly think twice about working with Tremo and co, at least with 3 of the members anyway. Because of what you have seen/read in interviews? Yikes, that's kind of scary.

And nope, I have to disagree with the image thing. By pleasing everyone, I meant, trying to make everyone happy. :)
Well, trying to please someone means trying to make people happy. A lot of people who try to make others happy often put on a facade to accomplish this. They can't be who they really are, because a) they are too insecure, or b)they are too insecure. They worry that no one will like them for who they really are, so they can't be true to themselves. They let others dictate their course in life.

ctfan
01-24-2005, 09:26 PM

Ah yes the same old grasping of things that happend 2 years ago. And the bar fights, longer than that. I just lmao when I read these replies.

Tremo, Phillips and Marshall have been showing their ass for 4 months. To me, what they are doing in interviews and mag articles is the exact same thing, it reaches the same # of people, and they've been doing it longer.... :D Whether they are drunk or medicated while doing it, I have no clue except that they were at a bar during this particular interview, and they were drinking.

Stapp has apologized, so yea, I would say Stapp is being pretty mature.

Dogstar
01-24-2005, 09:39 PM
Ah yes the same old grasping of things that happend 2 years ago. And the bar fights, longer than that. I just lmao when I read these replies.
I'm glad you find this all so funny. I laugh my ass off at your replies because you're grasping at absolute straws. They were allegedly having problems during the Human Clay tour; that was what, five years ago? I'm guessing what happened two years ago had a bearing on the breakup. Again, we really don't know, and they were pretty much done after New Year's Eve in 2002, so it was all pretty new at the time. Chicago might have been the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Think about it. Would you like to have been in Mark's shoes with his family at that show and witnessing that debacle? I'm not trying to take sides here. I just get soooo tired of all the people who refuse to believe that Scott S. had anything to do with the breakup and that God forbid, the rest of them answer questions about it, knowing full well that the questions will be asked. Sometimes, it's best to answer them and get it done so that perhaps they can all move on and the lame-o questions will end.

Tremo, Phillips and Marshall have been showing their ass for 4 months. To me, what they are doing in interviews and mag articles is the exact same thing, it reaches the same # of people, and they've been doing it longer.... :D Whether they are drunk or medicated while doing it, I have no clue except that they were at a bar during this particular interview, and they were drinking.

Stapp has apologized, so yea, I would say Stapp is being pretty mature.

I'm sorry, but that's a complete crock of shit. What they are supposedly doing is not the same thing that Stapp pulled at Chicago. Thousands of people paid good money to see them and he fucked up. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he tried to defend that situation by having the audacity to call it artistic expression. That was insult to anyone with half a brain. He showed me then that he really is about saving his ass. He'd have been better off not saying anything.

You're judging them for being in a bar while being interviewed? I shouldn't even dignify that with a response. Maybe they were interviewed after a show, maybe they felt like kicking back. Drinking a few beers isn't the same thing as slurring words, forgetting lyrics and being completely incomprehensible during a PAID performance. Your logic is incomprehensible.

fluttergirl
01-24-2005, 10:09 PM
two year olds know theyre supposed to say sorry.
and anyone will say that if they have everyone they work for telling them they need to.

ctfan
01-25-2005, 12:32 AM
I'm glad you find this all so funny. I laugh my ass off at your replies because you're grasping at absolute straws. They were allegedly having problems during the Human Clay tour; that was what, five years ago? I'm guessing what happened two years ago had a bearing on the breakup. Again, we really don't know, and they were pretty much done after New Year's Eve in 2002, so it was all pretty new at the time. Chicago might have been the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back. Think about it. Would you like to have been in Mark's shoes with his family at that show and witnessing that debacle? I'm not trying to take sides here. I just get soooo tired of all the people who refuse to believe that Scott S. had anything to do with the breakup and that God forbid, the rest of them answer questions about it, knowing full well that the questions will be asked. Sometimes, it's best to answer them and get it done so that perhaps they can all move on and the lame-o questions will end.

I'm sorry, but that's a complete crock of shit. What they are supposedly doing is not the same thing that Stapp pulled at Chicago. Thousands of people paid good money to see them and he fucked up. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt until he tried to defend that situation by having the audacity to call it artistic expression. That was insult to anyone with half a brain. He showed me then that he really is about saving his ass. He'd have been better off not saying anything.

You're judging them for being in a bar while being interviewed? I shouldn't even dignify that with a response. Maybe they were interviewed after a show, maybe they felt like kicking back. Drinking a few beers isn't the same thing as slurring words, forgetting lyrics and being completely incomprehensible during a PAID performance. Your logic is incomprehensible.

SIGHHHHH, it's like reading an AB interview all over again.

First of all dogstar, I have never ever said in any posts here that I found Stapp completely blameless. Go check for yourself, you won't find them. So don't talk to me about how tired you are of reading it.

Second, you as well as everyone else here knows that Stapp admitted to what he did, the reasons behind WHY he did it, how wrong he was for doing it, and that he was sorry for doing it. You and everyone else got your apology. If you didn't accept it, that's your problem, but you got one just the same. This argument doesn't work anymore.

If you are going to continue to harp on the NEGATIVE, please don't forget that there are POSITIVES that go with it. See, that's what Tremo and co are doing. No positives whatsoever on their part.

Third, how would YOU like to be Stapp, or one of his family members reading the crap that is spewing forth from his ex-bandmates every time they open their mouths????? So don't give me that crap about Marks family. Stapp has family as well. It works both ways, and you know it.

Fourth, fans still buy these mags, and fans still tune into radio interviews, this horrible attitude that Tremo has developed is reaching many people, and he's going to be the one to pay that price. Just as Stapp has paid for his actions.

Fifth, the lame-o questions will end when they tire of it and when they choose to move on.

Last, you can believe what Tremo/Phillips/Marshall say with a joyous heart. You can enjoy posting all the negatives too, I just choose to see things differently. I guess it's the altitude from being up on this cross for too long, and wearing my rose colored glasses.

ctfan
01-25-2005, 12:42 AM
Oopsy, seems as if he's already paying that price. From a radio interview.

“It’s been frustrating so far that hardly anybody knows we exist,” Tremonti said by phone during a tour stop in Montgomery, Ala. “What I expected after going out and selling 30 million records would be that people would know that (Creed) was broken up or that Alter Bridge was a band with three members from Creed. I thought the word would have spread.”

“Our big battle from the start is that we definitely want to be known as Alter Bridge,” he said. “Do we market ourselves as a brand new band or as former members of Creed so we could introduce millions of Creed fans into the mix? But we don’t want people to see us because they are Creed fans. We said from the beginning that we don’t want to have any kind of Creed reference to this band.”

"We’ve had some talks recently with the record label and we’ve agreed to let people know where we came from so we can build up some awareness,” Tremonti said.

fluttergirl
01-25-2005, 12:42 AM
exactly
i dont mean the cross and glasses well kinda, more of the "I CHOOSE TO SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY"
doesnt lying to yourself ever get old?
Stapp did these things, he deserves what he gets now.
If AB had done them, or does them in the future, they will get the same treatment.
period
end of story.
anything else, youll have to CHOOSE to misinterpret things.

fluttergirl
01-25-2005, 12:47 AM
edited for 'clarification' purposes.

First of all dogstar, I have never ever said in any posts here that I found Stapp completely blameless. Go check for yourself, you won't find them. So don't talk to me about how tired you are of reading it.

Second, you as well as everyone else here knows that Stapp admitted to what he did, the reasons behind WHY he did it, how wrong he was for doing it, and that he was sorry for doing it. You and everyone else got your apology. If you didn't accept it, that's your problem, but you got one just the same. This argument doesn't work anymore.

If you are going to continue to harp on the NEGATIVE, please don't forget that there are POSITIVES that go with it. See, that's what Tremo and co are doing. No positives whatsoever on their part.

Third, how would YOU like to be Stapp, or one of his family members reading the crap that is spewing forth from his ex-bandmates every time they open their mouths????? So don't give me that crap about Marks family. Stapp has family as well. It works both ways, and you know it.

Fourth, fans still buy these mags, and fans still tune into radio interviews, this horrible attitude that Tremo has developed is reaching many people, and he's going to be the one to pay that price. Just as Stapp has paid for his actions.
Fifth, the lame-o questions will end when they tire of it and when they choose to move on.

Last, you can believe what Tremo/Phillips/Marshall say with a joyous heart. You can enjoy posting all the negatives too, I just choose to see things differently. I guess it's the altitude from being up on this cross for too long, and wearing my rose colored glasses.

Oopsy, seems as if he's already paying that price. From a radio interview.

“It’s been frustrating so far that hardly anybody knows we exist,” Tremonti said by phone during a tour stop in Montgomery, Ala. “What I expected after going out and selling 30 million records would be that people would know that (Creed) was broken up or that Alter Bridge was a band with three members from Creed. I thought the word would have spread.”

“Our big battle from the start is that we definitely want to be known as Alter Bridge,” he said. “Do we market ourselves as a brand new band or as former members of Creed so we could introduce millions of Creed fans into the mix? But we don’t want people to see us because they are Creed fans. We said from the beginning that we don’t want to have any kind of Creed reference to this band.”

"We’ve had some talks recently with the record label and we’ve agreed to let people know where we came from so we can build up some awareness,” Tremonti said.

Im not sure if youre aware-
Creed was the biggest, longest lasting, mainstream rock band of the last decade.
Alter Bridge?
not mainstream rock, often associated with Stapp, sorry but thats a lot of weight to pull.
And until they start playing Creed songs (which they wont)
you have no stones to cast.

Ann Allusion
01-25-2005, 12:52 AM
two year olds know theyre supposed to say sorry.
and anyone will say that if they have everyone they work for telling them they need to.

Amber...don't know if you have any kids...and you are right...a two year old will say they're sorry...but at that age...children have no conception of what right or wrong is. Their parents, or responsible adult must TEACH them the difference. Otherwise they will just be parroting what they are told to do.

On the other hand, this case can't be compaired to a child. We are dealing with adults here, one that is in fact a father. I would be very surprised if he didn't know when and how to apologize, because it sets an example for his son.

It's not about people TELLING you to apologize...but it is about having the CHOICE to do so, if one feels they have done something to apologize for.

BTW...he offered an apology, if memory serves...but then it just wasn't acceptable...so did it really matter anyway, because it really wasn't what everyone expected to hear.

This is just an observation and not saying that i know how stapp thinks or what he should or shouldn't do...but once again, it's his life...so why not just let him live it...this has nothing to do with his music. That is what he shares with the public.

fluttergirl
01-25-2005, 01:20 AM
one, that was meant as an example, ill refrain from any more exagerrations or hyperboles, as that seems to be an excuse to ignore facts. use "small child" if it helps.
and two, i worked in a daycare center for three years, and they most certainly do. it develops more as they grow older, but they most certainly have it, especially around 2 1/2. in fact, they mean it a lot more at that age before it gets diluted and drained down to an uttering when you accidentally bump into someone. just because they cant talk and verbalize their knowledge doesnt make tham any less intelligent. true, some people never learn it. but i think youll agree with me, stapp has a sense of what's right and whats wrong.
it has everything to do with it, there wouldnt be anything big about this thread, certainly not 9 pages, if what Stapp did in his personal life didnt have anything to do with him or his music. they arent machines, what happens in their personal lives affects the music. alway has.

ctfan
01-25-2005, 01:25 AM
exactly
i dont mean the cross and glasses well kinda, more of the "I CHOOSE TO SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY"
doesnt lying to yourself ever get old?
Stapp did these things, he deserves what he gets now.
If AB had done them, or does them in the future, they will get the same treatment.
period
end of story.
anything else, youll have to CHOOSE to misinterpret things.

Lying to myself about what?? PLEASE READ what I'm posting....Stapp did do these things, but he doesn't deserve what he's getting now from ME. And he never will. That is what I've CHOSEN to do.

You can do what you want, misinterpret, interpret, or percieve whatever YOU choose.

God, it shouldn't be this hard, it really shouldn't be this freaking hard to post an opinion.

ctfan
01-25-2005, 01:28 AM
Im not sure if youre aware-
Creed was the biggest, longest lasting, mainstream rock band of the last decade.
Alter Bridge?
not mainstream rock, often associated with Stapp, sorry but thats a lot of weight to pull.
And until they start playing Creed songs (which they wont)
you have no stones to cast.

I have no idea who this comment was aimed at. If it's me, I don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. Sorry.

Trimontana
01-25-2005, 01:34 AM
Its fuckig funny how a couple of you, and you call yourself fans, come here and support vomited Stapp and trying to put shit to Flip and Tremo when you never will find that on them. I am 100% you bash them here and go to AB concerts and fucking freak when you have them in front of you. HIPPOCRITS

fluttergirl
01-25-2005, 01:34 AM
Lying to myself about what?? PLEASE READ what I'm posting....Stapp did do these things, but he doesn't deserve what he's getting now from ME. And he never will. That is what I've CHOSEN to do.

You can do what you want, misinterpret, interpret, or percieve whatever YOU choose.

God, it shouldn't be this hard, it really shouldn't be this freaking hard to post an opinion.
why dont you try reading what im saying and uh, not 'choosing to see things differently'?
it is lying to yourself, hence, the ever-popular rose colored glasses reference.
someone can tell me its a blue sky, and i can CHOOSE to see it differently.
personally, id get sick of seeing everything with misconcieved preconceptions, but hey, whatever floats your boat.
and you have posted your opinion.
you clicked the submit buttin, just like everyone else here. no, not everyone is going to agree with it. trust me, i havent had it any easier,
btw, i edited that post you didnt understand.

fluttergirl
01-25-2005, 01:35 AM
Its fuckig funny how a couple of you, and you call yourself fans, come here and support vomited Stapp and trying to put shit to Flip and Tremo when you never will find that on them. I am 100% you bash them here and go to AB concerts and fucking freak when you have them in front of you. HIPPOCRITS
im sorry, what?

Trimontana
01-25-2005, 01:40 AM
Its doesnt make any reference to you AMber.It wasnt my intention that you take it personally. Those two people will know i am talking about them. I am just fed up that come here and find/read shit. I am tired of hear things with no reason or arguments about Tremo and Flip. Thats all.

fluttergirl
01-25-2005, 01:47 AM
no, i just didnt understand it, lol
maybe its just late....

Trimontana
01-25-2005, 02:01 AM
no, i just didnt understand it, lol
maybe its just late....

Amber sorry. I just woke up and maybe i didnt express myself very clair.
With another words so you can understand that:i am fed up of comments and postings talking about Tremonti or AB like they have had something wrong. Some people here would be so happy to have reasons against them so they could come here and bash them(they are doing it already any way). But cos that will never happen. They come here and try to make them guilty of the break up of Creed, when just one person can be blamed about it. I am not gonna post any more cos i think there will be always hippocryt ones who say one thing but if they would have AB in front of them they would act in another way.

Dogstar
01-25-2005, 02:07 AM

You and others constantly defend him to the hilt, even when he was wrong, and refuse to believe he does anything wrong, so don't tell me I haven't read this stuff before. I've argued with you before on several occasions.

Second, you as well as everyone else here knows that Stapp admitted to what he did, the reasons behind WHY he did it, how wrong he was for doing it, and that he was sorry for doing it. You and everyone else got your apology.
Ok, it's possible I'm having a senior moment, but I don't recall anything specific about a public apology for Chicago, given that they got sued for it. Did he say it really wasn't artistic expression after all? Didn't he later blame it on his medication?
Again, forgive me if I'm not remembering what it is he said exactly.

I don't harp on the negative. I'm giving my perspective on things because I happen to disagree with you. It's a discussion board, remember? You and a few others only seem to come out on this board when you want to dis whatever Mark and AB have to say. I think you are way too sensitive about every little thing they say. The bottom line is, they weren't getting along personally or professionally, so they called it quits. Maybe they are still bitter about it. Maybe they are tired of having to keep quiet about it. Maybe they just want to get all that crap off their chests.

Stapp made his bed, now he has to lie in it and deal with the consequences. They didn't ask for Chicago to happen the way it did and maybe they are still pissed about it. I think it speaks volumes that they went and got Marshall back in the fold.

Once again, we disagree. I don't see how horrible his attitude is. I just see him telling his side of it, his perception of it. Whether it's true or not, who knows? But it's how he feels obviously.

Fifth, the lame-o questions will end when they tire of it and when they choose to move on.Uh, sorry, but you're naive about the media. Ask Jerry Cantrell. He still gets questions about Layne Staley's and the band's various drug use over the years and Alice broke up long ago. He hates those questions. It has nothing to do with his wanting to move on. It has everything to do with selling magazines, and most people enjoy reading about that crap even though they won't admit it.

I don't even think you read my posts. I never said I believe every word they say. I have said, repeatedly, that the truth probably lies somewhere in between. Guess the rose-colored glasses are preventing you from seeing all of the words.

tremonti4life04
01-25-2005, 03:01 AM
Stapp did change his story 2 times, and i have not ONCE seen an appology from him, all ive heard was excuses. Post the appology and the source, and then i will believe it. Stapp is way too proud to appologize. What do you all get out of arguing about this anyway? I mean, posting an opinion is one thing, but facts are facts, and some people are too blind to see the facts. Arguing is getting you nothing but sore fingers and sore heads. You can sling mud all you want, but you are never going to get all of the dirt out of the hole. You gain nothing by arguing about this, and i hope you all realize this before you wear your fingers down to nubs.

TeriB19
01-25-2005, 05:47 AM
This thread is just going around and around and getting nowhere.