Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
To Mark [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : To Mark

DekWannaBFlea
01-14-2005, 05:09 PM
I have no idea if Mark will actually read this, but this is a request when writing the next albums to have solos that are slow as well as fast. Lord knows i like fast solos (Dream Theater, Gun's N Roses, others) but solos don't have to be fast to be good. But of course it is your decision.

This thread has most likely been done before, but play discuss this issue and some other issues you would like to be "resolved" on the next album.

Bridge of Clay
01-14-2005, 05:36 PM
yeah, I know what you mean. SHWM still is my favorite Mark solo, it's so melodic!!!

ODR (the song) solos are a close second in my list!

aussiecreeder
01-14-2005, 09:10 PM
I'm sure whatever they produce I'll love but some requests;

-Myles write most of the lyrics because though I like Mark's lyrics I think Myles is a better lyrcrist and also he can probably sing his own lyrics with more passion (although you would swear ILM was about a member of his own family with the way he sang it on the album).
-Myles to write complete songs cause the MF4 with Second Skin particulary show he's a very good songwriter.
-Bass and Drum solos
-Mark to go right off with his solos and write some heavier stuff and also more bluesy material.
-Have linear notes that can be read at night when you're eyes want to close lol.

Dogstar
01-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Right on about the liner notes. They were unreadable.

AndrewFromABRox
01-15-2005, 12:42 AM
I agree about the fast/slow solo thing. I think (my own observation) the reason these solos were so shredding is because with creed he had to hold back, and now that hes free he had the change to go balls out, and im glad he did, and plus hes been taking lessons and working on his chops over the last few years for this record (and his own personal needs to be better). He said that he has a problem with playing the blues or shred, hes trying to find the need in between. and i think he will find that, i also read that he would like to be like neil schon from journey, that kind of style, which is cool.

Agent D
01-15-2005, 12:26 PM
I agree with including some slower solos. Fast and slow solos are key to a balanced diet.

shiver
01-17-2005, 07:44 PM
AB-
While your taking requests, I would like a number 2, uh, hold the pickles, and a coke to drink. What...Oh, yeah go ahead and supersize that. Great!

Torn Daredevil
01-17-2005, 08:54 PM
No onions on mine.