Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
The Aussie Slang thread [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : The Aussie Slang thread

aussiecreeder
01-11-2005, 05:11 AM
Okay this thread is self-explantory. I will open up a new world to you and tell what some cool and dumb phrases mean. :)

Drongo- A moron or idiot
Pisser- Funny
Sheila- A woman
A Dingo Ate My Baby- A phrase that aussies never use and is something used by others to knock us.
G'day mate- Hi but Aussies very rarely say this
Piss Up- A party or drinking session
Tastes like piss- Tastes awful
A slab of beer- 24 cans of beer

Anyone want to know any others? :D

Bridge of Clay
01-11-2005, 08:42 AM
oh... I went to an aussie restaurant here... on the bathroom doors it had Sheilas for girls and a word I don't remember for boys... blokes, I think... or something like that!

Higher_Desire
01-11-2005, 11:55 AM
Here's what they should be...

Drongo- Opposide of Drighto
Pisser- Bathroom
Sheila- Kyle's mom on South Park
A Dingo Ate My Baby- I killed my baby but don't want to get caught
G'day mate- Just sounds stupid
Piss Up- To piss
Tastes like piss- Tastes awful
A slab of beer- however many it takes to cover a wooden shipping slab, moved by a forklift

What are some more?

H-D :pimp:

aussiecreeder
01-11-2005, 06:26 PM
oh... I went to an aussie restaurant here... on the bathroom doors it had Sheilas for girls and a word I don't remember for boys... blokes, I think... or something like that!

lol yeah a bloke is a man and sometimes people will say bloke. people never say sheila and you will very rarely hear someone say "g'day mate". like a lot of other countries the youth are using american slang. i hear all the time whites, asians you name it call each a certain word starting with n i won't say on here.

hayley
01-11-2005, 06:53 PM
]A Dingo Ate My Baby- A phrase that aussies never use and is something used by others to knock us.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Piss Up- A party or drinking session
Oh that's very well known here. :D

aussiecreeder
01-11-2005, 06:55 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Sorry, I couldn't help it.

Oh that's very well known here. :D

yeah and after it was finished with my baby it went into the sheep paddock! ;) :laugh:

i guess you kiwis have the same drinking games as they play over here? :)

hayley
01-11-2005, 09:11 PM
yeah and after it was finished with my baby it went into the sheep paddock! ;) :laugh:
LMAO :D

i guess you kiwis have the same drinking games as they play over here? :)
I would guess so. But one that you hadn't heard of before, the game of backyard cricket! :D

aussiecreeder
01-13-2005, 06:54 PM
LMAO :D

I would guess so. But one that you hadn't heard of before, the game of backyard cricket! :D

:laugh: :D oh i'm pissing myself that is the funniest thing i've read all day. a kiwi thinking that they know more about the game then the greatest team since the great west indian teams and perhaps of all time. aaahhhh your a comedian and a half.....;)

hayley
01-15-2005, 12:13 AM
LOL I forgot about this thread

Yeah, yeah, you guys know everything about cricket, but add drinking beer to that, and it belongs to us Kiwi's ;)

aussiecreeder
01-15-2005, 12:31 AM
lol when i used to play cricket for a club the captain of my team got sacked from the club cause was drinking during a game. new zealand do well in the game for a smaller country but the aussies....well we rock! ;)

Higher_Desire
01-15-2005, 05:44 PM
:D I played Cricket once. It was fun.

FYI, if you want to confuse an American, just say something about a "sticky wicket". :D

aussiecreeder
01-15-2005, 10:02 PM
:D I played Cricket once. It was fun.

FYI, if you want to confuse an American, just say something about a "sticky wicket". :D

lol i could just imagine.....:D

anyone here besides an aussie tried vegemite? to be honest i don't like it but most aussies like it. i'm a bit of a picky eater i must admit.....:).