Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Accents? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Accents?

aussiecreeder
01-10-2005, 02:44 AM
I and a few others were having this discussion on another board about the Australian accent. One person of the female variety said that they are damn sexy so of course I'm planning a trip to Chicago right now lol. Are there accents that you find really sexy or others that are real turn offs? I don't really like the British accent although the Scottish and Irish accents are good. I'm not a fan of a real thick southern american accent either.

DekWannaBFlea
01-10-2005, 03:09 AM
I think southern accents and Wisconsin accents are pretty hot.

I don't have an accent, i am from the mid west, we know how to speak correctly. :)

Anna1011
01-10-2005, 03:30 AM
love irish accents :D

RMadd
01-10-2005, 09:27 AM
I don't have an accent, i am from the mid west, we know how to speak correctly. :)Damn straight! Although, we St. Louisans have been accused, from time to time, of making our A's a bit longer than need be (nothing anywhere near as annoying as a Beantown accent or anything lol).

fluttergirl
01-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Im from Texas, need I say more? :laugh:
I love Scottish accents, but pretty much any accent is better than none....

Higher_Desire
01-10-2005, 12:02 PM
I think southern accents and Wisconsin accents are pretty hot.

I don't have an accent, i am from the mid west, we know how to speak correctly. :)
LOL. Yeah. We speak correctly up here in the Pacific Northwest too. Except for people who like to say Warshington and Acrosst. I hate that.

I think the English/Brittish accent is really hot. I like the Australian one too.

H-D :pimp:

revisfoot
01-10-2005, 12:04 PM
I love the Irish accent. And the British accent. mmm...

It's kind of funny, because I live in Texas, but I have nowhere near a Texas accent. There have been times that people have asked me if i was a foreign exchange student. Maybe I'm secretly Canadian, eh?

Anna1011
01-10-2005, 01:56 PM
Irish accents totally rock they are just soo damn sexy. i like american accents aswell.

Mulletman
01-10-2005, 03:30 PM
I love southern women, but most should just keep quiet.

I think the austrailian accent is the most histerical accent ever. Not in a demeaning manner, but its the delivery. I play online with a friend from Australia and no matter what the subject is, he can say anything and make it funny.

As for midwest, have you seen Fargo?

I never really had a latin, but I do have a small Texas accent.

fluttergirl
01-10-2005, 03:45 PM
I love the Irish accent. And the British accent. mmm...

It's kind of funny, because I live in Texas, but I have nowhere near a Texas accent. There have been times that people have asked me if i was a foreign exchange student. Maybe I'm secretly Canadian, eh?
thats what i thought too, and ppl who live here say i dont
but i go out of Tx? everyone is like, youre from tx, how many horses do you have? its irritating, lol....

Mulletman
01-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Dont you live near Dallas/Ft Worth?

fluttergirl
01-10-2005, 04:14 PM
yeppers, a suburb of Fort Worth....

DekWannaBFlea
01-10-2005, 04:47 PM
I love southern women, but most should just keep quiet.

I think the austrailian accent is the most histerical accent ever. Not in a demeaning manner, but its the delivery. I play online with a friend from Australia and no matter what the subject is, he can say anything and make it funny.

As for midwest, have you seen Fargo?

I never really had a latin, but I do have a small Texas accent.

MOST of the mid west, why do you think most of newscasters are from the midwest? Because we don't have accents. Generally.

CollectiveSoul
01-10-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm from Wisconsin, and I am available ladies

HigherGirl
01-10-2005, 06:16 PM
I love British accents :cloud9:

If your coming here, you will hear a variety of accents (as with any large city) every accent imaginable is here in Chicago!!!! :)

revisfoot
01-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Yeah, down here, there are some people, like this woman I work with. She says, "shit" and it has 3 sylables!! It's like, "Sheeyeeit." But, seriously, I think I may have a Canadian accent! Someone needs to help me place my accent!

fluttergirl
01-10-2005, 06:24 PM
lol, well, seeing how no one here has ever heard you....

Wylde-Tremonti
01-10-2005, 06:37 PM
As long as you don't say "Y'all" i'm good... lol

Midwest accent here... it's seems to be the most commonly used accent in the U.S. (at least on Television)

aussiecreeder
01-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Australia is a bit weird considering that its so large yet there are probably only three different accents and they don't differ very much at all. One person from the top of the country will sound almost the same as someone from Tasmania down at the bottom. Compare that to England where accents change quite a bit only a few miles down the road.

Alter Shredder
01-10-2005, 07:54 PM
i live near chicago...but dont really have a chicago accent. I have lived all over the midwest so I have a nice clean mixture. As for accents I find most of them attractive. I think my favorite accent is the Irish one....excellent delivery. Um Aussie accents are also high on my list as well as the southern one....You get a pretty southern girl with her accent.....and yeah.

aussiecreeder
01-10-2005, 07:56 PM
the southern accent is good but when its really strong its a really big turn off, at least for me.

Higher_Desire
01-10-2005, 09:22 PM
lol. You'd love one of my Psych professors. She says stuff like "I cante get dis to work like I's ustacould. If y'alls alls umta try yacan." lol. It's so annoying.

H-D :pimp:

hayley
01-10-2005, 10:30 PM
:laugh: I love that kind of accent, but yeah if it's used too much it can get really irratating.

I really love the low, deep American accents. :pant: And Russian accents are really beautiful.

As for the New Zealand accents, well just get some fush' and chups' at sex o'clock

:laugh:

Wylde-Tremonti
01-10-2005, 10:43 PM
I really love the low, deep American accents. :pant:
Yep... that's me...

hayley
01-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Yep... that's me...
Lol ... I can imagine :D

creedsister
01-10-2005, 10:58 PM
I Grew Up down south Grits And Gravey And Hush Yo Mouth :D, And I Spent A Lot Of Time Up North My Acents Falls Some Where In Between, i dunno I Was Freaking Reject From Birth, :D , i really dont get in to,em that much,

titan9
01-10-2005, 11:07 PM
I like the Canadian accent. Probably comes from the fact that my ancestors are French Canadian.:D The most annoying accent to me is the Southern one, particularly those in Texas who have that accent. I spent 10 days down there and I came away hating the place, lol. Especially hearing "Y'all" in practically every sentence. Not to mention, I heard quite a few Anti-Canadian jokes.:laugh:

aussiecreeder
01-10-2005, 11:25 PM
oh yeah the russian accent is good and i like the spanish one and also those from latin america. must resist urge to make new zealand joke.....so......hard.....to stop....myself lol.

fluttergirl
01-11-2005, 12:49 AM

Midwest accent here... it's seems to be the most commonly used accent in the U.S. (at least on Television)

well, i not only say it, i type it without realizing it, but i know what you mean, like the ppl who say italian like eye-talian, or such?
so common, not even funny....

Torn Daredevil
01-11-2005, 01:02 AM
Yeah, Wisconsin!!!

We rule!!!

Chase
01-13-2005, 02:47 AM
I'm from Southern California... and I suppose I sound like a Californian. However... I think the people with the coolest accents are probably the Irish. The least attractive accents have to be (no offense) those of people from Canada and Minnesota.

The Lithium
01-13-2005, 08:36 AM
Swedish is really cool!