Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
OYE #6 Lick of The Year (with article) [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : OYE #6 Lick of The Year (with article)

Bridge of Clay
12-28-2004, 07:53 PM
Since X is such a lazy lil guy...

Here it is!

By: Bob Gulla
January 2005 issue of Guitar One Magazine

“Open Your Eyes,” Mark Tremonti’s first single with his new band, had been in the works for years. Finally, after coming back to the core riff again and again, he realized that somehow he had to see it through the fruition. “It always felt good to play,” says the guitarist. “It was just one of those feel-good-riffs.”

The riff came about one day when Tremonti was just messing around – and although it and many other of the song’s pieces fell together quickly, he didn’t write the melody until he felt the time was right to record, “I love working in that tuning,” Tremonti admits, mentioning DADADD. “A lot of my favorite Creed songs were in that tuning – ‘Faceless Man,’ ‘Are You Ready,’ ‘My Sacrifice.’”

While working in the DADADD tuning inspires Tremonti to reach greater heights as a writer, so, too, does his newfound freedom. Unshackled from the restrictive environment of his breakthrough band, Tremonti is now “free to do whatever.”

“When I saw Creed coming to an end,” he says, “it pushed me to sit down and work hard for a year and a half to get ready for the next stop. Pushing myself musically is something I’ve always tried to do but never had the platform for. I’ve been trying to throw solos into tunes for years, and Alter Bridge is finally the perfect outlet for it.” That’s welcome news for Tremonti fans, many – OK, let’s say all – of whom were begging for Creed to let the guy cut loose.

Typed by Ryan (abb.net)

Higher_Desire
12-28-2004, 08:19 PM
Neat. Thanks Marcos.

H-D :pimp:

Xterminator27
12-28-2004, 08:53 PM
Lol you call me lazy, then copy-paste something that someone else took the time to type out :)

Bridge of Clay
12-29-2004, 06:06 AM
well, I don't have the mag... but at least I searched for it.