Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Broken Wings Update [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Broken Wings Update

SaveMe
12-21-2004, 10:20 AM
Anyone have an idea of the video is comin along?

Bridge of Clay
12-21-2004, 11:00 AM
It depends on how long Find The Real stays in the charts in US. Europe is probably seeing it first, since Sony needs to promote them with something not as heavy.

Trem24Fan
12-21-2004, 12:54 PM
I wonder if radio stations will play the guitar intro to this song. I hope so.

titan9
12-21-2004, 01:20 PM
I dunno. They usually don't play 5 minute long songs, so they'll probably cut it out. Or something. But I'd like to see them play the full song and not cut it(like they did to Higher)

aussiecreeder
12-21-2004, 08:27 PM
the intro is one of the highlights of the song so i hope its not cut, but i'm thinking there probably will be a shortened radio edit.

titan9
12-22-2004, 09:09 AM
Of course they will! Like I said, the radio doesn't play 5 minute songs.....they cut'em down to around 4 minutes or shorter. Happened to Higher and happened to OYE. It'll happen to Broken Wings and ILM if that song is released as a single. I wish they would play the full version of the song, but they probably won't......although I have heard the full version of OYE a few times on one of the local stations....so there's hope.

dekand
12-22-2004, 07:45 PM
Of course they will! Like I said, the radio doesn't play 5 minute songs.....they cut'em down to around 4 minutes or shorter. Happened to Higher and happened to OYE. It'll happen to Broken Wings and ILM if that song is released as a single. I wish they would play the full version of the song, but they probably won't......although I have heard the full version of OYE a few times on one of the local stations....so there's hope.

I remember reading in my music industry book that songs over like 4:11 or something the artists get charged for every second or something, can't remember exactly, so thats why most are cut down to under a certain time... i read this a long time ago so thats my 2 cents

Wylde-Tremonti
12-22-2004, 07:54 PM
I dunno. They usually don't play 5 minute long songs, so they'll probably cut it out. Or something. But I'd like to see them play the full song and not cut it(like they did to Higher)
what? When did they cut Higher????????? I don't ever remember hearing Higher Not full length?

titan9
12-22-2004, 08:03 PM
Around the bridge part of the song. The original version of Higher is around 5:18 and the radio version is probably somewhere around 4 minutes. It's been a while since I heard the radio version, so I might be a tiny bit inaccurate, but I am positive they cut some parts of it.

Wylde-Tremonti
12-22-2004, 08:05 PM
maybe they didn't do that around here??? i dunno..

The Lithium
12-22-2004, 08:34 PM
Europe is probably seeing it first, since Sony needs to promote them with something not as heavy.
I know, isn't it awesome? :D

titan9
12-22-2004, 09:27 PM
maybe they didn't do that around here??? i dunno..

Perhaps, but around here it was cut a bit. And the length of the music video is 4:42.

XenoN
12-23-2004, 12:15 AM
In Higher, the middle part during the breakdown part (I think just after the solo-ish part) they cut it out on the radio. That's where most of the cut happens. I can't remember what else they could've cut though.

Xterminator27
12-23-2004, 12:55 AM

Not here, every vesion of OYE ive heard here has both extended intro AND extended solo

R U Ready?
12-23-2004, 10:57 AM
Yeah, I think Higher is cut off at the bridge part. I've heard some stations play the 4:30 version of OYE and others play the full 5:00 version, so I don't know how it works. I was at a friend's house last night playing Madden 2005 and I heard AB come on and I remembered they were on the soundtrack, but it was disappointing, it had to be like 2:00 long. The intro played, then a chorus, then the solo and it finished!

titan9
12-23-2004, 11:27 AM
Yeah, the only time I've heard the extended version of OYE on radio is on WRIF, 101.1 in Detroit. As a matter of fact, I heard OYE for the first time on a radio station on that particular station. But the other 2 radio stations around here(Rock stations) played the cut version. So I guess it just depends.

BTW, you guys are correct about where Higher is cut at. Around here they always played the cut version.