PDA

View Full Version : 03/04/2005 - London, UK - Astoria

Steve
12-10-2004, 02:31 PM
Post your reviews here.

Trimontana
12-13-2004, 05:26 PM
I got mine already....

http://www2.ticketmaster.co.uk/cgi/asp_events/byid.asp?event_id=18003988CC9915E8

buy yours.....

Trimontana
03-04-2005, 07:44 AM
Steve Can you please write the topic for the Manchester Review in here?
I cant write it rite noe cos i am gonna be on my way of the Astoria in about 20 minutes.
I will post the pictures too.
Just say I LOVE THOSE GUYS!!!!!!!!!

Anna1011
03-04-2005, 08:43 AM
i'll post my review later when i get home. but for now ill just say i had an awsome night. :D

Anna1011
03-04-2005, 01:49 PM
well heres my review of last nights gig.

i got to the venue around 5:30 and joined the queue, the queue wasnt very big at that time but not long after we arrived loads of fans joined the queue. i was soo excited that i didnt notice the cold so i was stood there jumping around all hyper in a vest top and jeans. it was around 7:00 when they finally opened the door and let us in, i signed in and dumped my bag with my sister, me and my brother-in-law ran upstairs to hopefully get near the front of the queue, didnt quite manage that. at around 7:30 they let us in and everyone ran towards the front to get a good place, we got a space a couple of rows from the barrier.

the support band hiding with girls came on around 8:30 i think, i thought they where pretty good and i would definately go see them play. i cant remember any of the songs they played but the crowd didnt give them a good reaction, but i was there head banging along to almost all of their tunes.

after the hiding with girls set finished i spotted gabi and her friend down the front and made my way throught to talk to her, now i was in touching distance of the barrier.

i dont know the exact time but some time after 9:00 the guys hit the stage starting what was going to be the best night of my life. im crap at remembering what songs where played but hopefully gabi will know and post them later. i sang along to every word of their tunes but didnt know/hear the covers they did. about half way through their set i managed to fight my way into a gap at the barrier i was soo pleased i had managed to get soo close. myles and mark threw plectrums into the crowd and i got one of each.
at the end of their set flip was throwing his drum sticks into the crowd and my brother-in-law caught it and gave it to me, which was really kind as he is a huge AB fan aswell.

afterward we went down to the merch stand and i bought some AB pants, i really wanted to buy the hoody aswell but i didnt have the money so i bought one from out side.

i really really wanted to meet the guys so after we went round the back to wait for them to come out, we waited ages in the freezing cold but i wasnt giving up just yet. at around midnight they came out, myles first, then mark, brian and flip after. i was soo star struck i could hardly speak. i got them all to sign my flyer and flip to sign my drum stick. i got pictures with them all aswell (ill post them later).

i had such a fantastic night and if the guys ever read this then i want to thank them for the amazing show and for taking the time to stand out in the cold and meet the fans afterward.thankyou soo much it was the happiest time in my life. i swear i have a couple of broken ribs but its well worth it just to see the guys.

Anna1011
03-04-2005, 01:57 PM
i swear that said manchester oh well, that was my manchester review.

Dogstar
03-04-2005, 09:18 PM
Great review, Anna! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see the pics!

Trimontana
03-05-2005, 03:23 PM
I will start with my Manchester review.
I woke up at 5:45 a.m on Thrusday because i needed to cath my bus at 8:00 a.m. My friend Mila picked me up and we made our way to Victoria Coach Station. We get there on time, we took the bus and we already way to Manchester.
After more than four hours we were in Manchester catching the bus 43 way to The Manchester Academy 2. It was still very early when we get there and we decided to have a coffee and eat something before meet the guys. Around 2 p.m we get back outside The Academy, and in half and hour the dark orange tour bus was just arriving. My friend and me were the only ones waiting for them (except two more guys that i didn't know)
OMG!!! :D When i saw Tremonti coming down the bus as relaxed as usual. And after him Michael carring a suitcase. We shaked Tremonti's hand and chated with him for a while. He said it was great to see us again. And basicly he told us that they arrived the day before to The UK. He looked very tired and i told him that the tour in The States must be very hard, but he said it was great. After him came Michael and we gave him the Europen kiss custom (two kisses on the cheecks). I took a picture with the Tremonti brothers. It was just awesome have both together in a picture
http://www.textamerica.com/user.images.x/37/IMG_439637/_0305/TZ200305074801995.jpg?refresh=
We told Mark we were gonna be at the London gig, and he said that was cool. They made their way to the venue and Mark said: I will see you at the concert.
Mr. Marshall and Mr. Kennedy were the next. They just looked tired as well. They told us the same that they were glad to see us and we chated as well for a while. I took another picture with them both together ;)
http://www.textamerica.com/user.images.x/37/IMG_439637/_0305/TZ200305074845681.jpg?refresh=
We asked for where Flip was, and Brian said that Flip just missed the bus because he was still sleeping when they left. Myles and Brian get inside with a great "see you later" and after less than 20 minutes Flip arrived in a black cab. He saw us from the inside of the cab and we could see an smile on his face. He said he was late cos he stayed sleeping for too long. Flip is just so awesome and funny. My friend try to take a picture of us together and she couldn't. Then i said to Flip: Thats what happens when you buy a cheap dig camara. He just laugh and finally i had my picture with Flip.
http://www.textamerica.com/user.images.x/37/IMG_439637/_0305/TZ20030507482841.jpg?refresh=
I think i had something wrong in my camara and then i said that my cam were taking multiple pictures of a take. And Flip replied to that: Thats weird. He is just fun. He took his suitcas eand get inside the venue as well.
Once all the guys were inide the venue we decided smoke a cigarette and sit for a while. I met a couple of guys i met last time i went to AB gig in Manchester. We were chating and Michael came out for a while. He said that he was looking for one of the guys were waiting for the guys cos he didnt have a ticket and Mark wanted give him one. What a nice thing of Mark!!! ;) I just remember give to Michael a message from a guy at the alterbridgeband board. That guy lost his girlfriend and his unborn baby in a car accident. He just wanted to know if the guys could dedicate "In Loving Memory" at the London gig. Michael told me that his heart breaks every time he knows about something like that.
We decided to queu, so we went to queu until finally the doors opened at 19:00 p.m. We were glad cos the cold was impossible.
We went up stairs and queu again until at 19:30 we reached the first raw just in front of Myles.
When the support band came out we were just impacient to see AB on stage. I really didn't enjoy the guest band. I cant remember if i met Anna before or after the gust band played. I was just chating with Anna for a little while. She is just adorable.
When AB came on stage playing ODR the crowed went just mad. There were they...playing and we were enjoying as usual.
After that they played "Watch Your Words". They rotated the song that are actually on the setup list. They played three covers:
Teenage Wasteland ( i really enjoyed this one)
Rock and Roll
Crazy Train ( i thought it was a Metallica song at the first listen but i was wrong)
Myles said that they were so happy that they could do it again in Manchester.
He said in between songs that its just freak imaging a plain fliying with such a height and it would be great that someone can invented "The Transport Machine".
They just rocked the whole gig. Mark had his "AMAZING" guitar solo that continued with "The End is Here"...i really liked this song live.
We could feel the guys even tired were enjoying as much as we did. Flip had his fantastic start drum solo at "Metalingus". This man is the greatest drummer i have never seen...such an energy on stage.
After "The End is Here" they left and came out stage playing "In Loving Memory", "Rock and Roll", "Crazy Train" and finally "Open your Eyes".
The gig was over and we decided to buy a couple of T-shirts.
After that we decided to wait for the guys. After 40 minutes Myles came down stairs and there he was, signing and taking pictures with everyone. He was just stanning there. After Myles, Tremonti, Flip and Brian came down as well and were there until everyone were satisfied.
We had the chance to talk again with all of them. It was so beautiful, cos all of them told us: We see you tomorrow.
I know i am forgeting things, but i was very excited and happy at the same.
I will post my London review later or tomorrow. But just an advanve...The London gig was even better and the guys were personally amazing with me and my friend.
I am still rocking on!!!!!
AB ROCKS :D :D :D
XXXGABIXXX

P.S. I will post the pictures of the gig on Monday cos my cam couldnt take a decent one. My friend took fabolous pictures i will take of her.

Dogstar
03-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Great job, Gabi, and awesome pics!!! Two nights in a row...Lucky, lucky, lucky girl! Enjoy!!!

Trimontana
03-06-2005, 05:17 AM
Thanks Kerri!! :D . It was just like a dream the 2 days i spent with AB. i really needed it. I am sorry for the gramma in my review. The London one is even better.

Anna1011
03-06-2005, 07:08 AM
great review gabi, wish i could of gone down for the london gig but it just wasnt possible.cant wait for your pics mine arent too great my sisters camera was being weird. :D

TeriB19
03-06-2005, 10:52 AM
CRAZY TRAIN AND BABA O'RILEY????? AAAAAHHHHHHHH

Ok, sorry for the yelling. I am so glad you had such a great time, Gabi. So glad you got to see them and chat with them again. They seem so down to earth. Thanks for posting!!

Trimontana
03-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Well guys that's my AB London Review. Hope you enjoy :D That was my 5th AB gig...the best ever!!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/trimontana/Picture085.jpg

My friend and me catched the bus in Manchester at 1:15 a.m and we arrived to London around 6:40 a.m. I get to my home about 7:30 a.m. and i just slept untill 11:00 a.m. I took a shower, i ate something and i went to pick another friend (Beatriz who just know about AB a month ago) up to her job. Mila, my friend who came with me to Manchester, met us later at The Astoria.
We arrived to The Astoria around 14:00 p.m. I met (we didn't introduced ourselves) "Xscandyman" and "Evenstream" on the queu, i didn't know who they were. I know now because of the board. They are cool guys.
After 20 minutes the tour bus was there, just stopping in Charing Cross Road, next to the venue. All of us that were queuing went straight away to see how the guys left the bus. First and again, Mr. Tremonti, who was surrounded by the fans and chating with them. Me and my friend were in a side cos we didn't want to bother Mark, and he just looking at me like: is she coming or not? He took pictures and signed everything. After him Mr. Flip and Mr. Marshall. Brian came to talk to me, and he is just a cool guy, relax and laid back. He told me they just woke up 15 ago to arrive there. I felt bad to be bothering them with pictures after i was there in Manchester but they were just so nice. My friend Bea had her picture with Brian with my "crappy" cam:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/trimontana/Picture084.jpg
Flip said "Hi" to me and we shaked hands. Again my friend had her picture with Flip.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/trimontana/Picture083.jpg
Next was Tremo, who said to me "Hey!!" shaking my hand with a big smile in his face ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/trimontana/Picture082.jpg
Mark asked me where it was the entrance and i replied him pointing with my hand and saying :"Thats the main entrance Mark". He smiled back to me and he made his way to the venue. The same Flip and Brian...Brian made to me the cool finger sig in the distance... :D
No signal of Myles. We didnt know where he was :confused:
We went to the queu again, and after 10 or 15 minutes Flip and Brian came outside coming back inside with a huge cup of coffee from "Starbucks" each.
My friend Mila just get to the venue around 15:30 p.m. And after that Myles, Brian, Flip and Michael with his video camara came outside for a walk around.
We were just so cold, it was better than Manchester anyway. The guys came back inside after 40 minutes and we were just wishing to go inside the venue as well.
The staff from The Astoria opened the doors on time 18:30 p.m and we get first raw between Myles and Brian.
At 19:30 p.m "Hiding with girls" performed....again the same.... :rolleyes:
And after the AB sound crew get ready the stage for the guys they started with ODR at 20:30 p.m. The crowd was so mad and insane, we were crazy the whole concert. All the Astoria were sold out guys!!! Image a 2.000 people venue capacity just singing and responding just with no control. It was a moment when i looked to Mark and he was looking to all the crowd up on the galleries and in front of him and i could see his eyes were just shining of happiness.
The actual setup list song was:
One Day Remains
Watch Your Words
Shed My Skin
Find the Real
Burn it Down
Metalingus
The End is Here
Broken Wings
Baba O'Riley
Rock and Roll
Down to My Last
In Loving Memory
Crazy Train
Open Your Eyes

Myles said that it was comfirmed that they are gonna play at the Download Festival. He said they were just so happy to be in London again. There were such a conection between the guys and the crowd...just amazing. It was a moment, at the lst 3 songs, when almost we couldnt stand on our feet. It was impossible stand at the first raw...i felt like the Titanic going down to my left hand side.
Just before "In loving memory" the guys dedicated the song to this guy at the abb.net forum who left his girlfriend and baby. The guy was just behind me at my right hand side, cos he screamed "Thank you, thank you". It was just so emotional, i cried like a baby. And at the end Myles jumped to the crowd and shake the hand to this guy. A great thing of Myles.
Mark had his solo moment...and he had this moment when he played "London Bridge is falling down" continued by "The End is Here".
OMG!!! The end of the gig again....OYE was the end and all the crowd helped Myles to sing the "uuuummmmmm" part when Mark said something like: "Come on guys, you have to help Myles. He singed his ass off".
Fantastic End...the guys congratulate each other shaking their shoulders...and i just feel as happy as ever :D . Flip just dropped all his drum sticks to the crowd. The same Mark giving all his guitar things (i cant remember the name).
I could see in their faces that they were just happy as me.
We decided wait after the concert behind the venue.
We met the guys again to say them Bye till the next time.
I was talking to Brian for long. After him with Myles...and my friend finally took a picture with him.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/trimontana/Picture086.jpg
We sais bye to Brian and Myles (he is just a sweetheart) with a big hand shake.
Next one was Mr. Phillips who has all my respect and admiration to show to us that he's just a incredible human being with a huge hug that he gave to me and my friend Mila saying "i will see you soon".
All of them were already on the bus except Mr.Tremonti that surprised me with another amazing hug (my whole body shaked and everything). I asked him if they were gonna play someday soon in Spain cos we were Spanish. And he said: "Please, talk to me in Spanish". I said: "Do you speak Spanish Mark?"
He replied: "Un poquito (a bit)". I said: "Did you hear what i screamed to you yesterday at the gig?". He said: "No". I said:"Well, i called you guapo"
And he said again: "Oh yea, thats mean handsome". I said:"Yes, but i didnt say that way. We said guapo as well to say to a person he is an amazing person". He just had a gorgeous smile and looking to my eyes, i just felt i was to collapse :D He chated a bit more with him, he seemed dont be in a rish for living us.
After that he made his way with Michael to the bus. The bus was living at the same time than us. We were the last ones to leave with another 4 people we met there. By the way they are Spanish and awesome people. Glad to met them tho.
Well guys sorry cos i know its a very long review. It was just the best moments of my life to be like that with the guys, they made me forget about all my problems and depressions. I have to thanks them to be just so warm and awesome.
P.S. I will post the London pictures maybe tomorrow or Tueday.
Thanks
Love
Gabi

TeriB19
03-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Gabi, that was amazing!! How wonderful that they DID dedicate that song to the guy from the abb.net board. That's so fantastic I got tears in my eyes just reading it. So amazing.

Thanks for sharing the reviews and I'm so glad you had such a great time.

Trimontana
03-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Thanks Teri. I am glad you liked the reviews. Yeah they did...they are awesome. The guy from the abb.net posted yesterday he was just so thanksful about the guys did.
Those 2 days were the best in years Teri, even i saw the guys before, this time was special.
But coming back to reality, and cos real life sucks, i am having an anxiety breakdown tonight. Too many things on my mind darling.xxxgabixxx

TeriB19
03-06-2005, 08:08 PM
Aww Sweetie I'm sorry to hear that. Take a few deep breaths, put your arms around your shoulders and here's a great big hug from your family here on the board. It may not be much but know that we love you and we're here for you, babe!! :hugs: :hugs: You are not alone, Gabi!!

Anna1011
03-07-2005, 04:45 AM
gabi such an awsome review, next time they play london ill be coming down there. :D

Anna1011
03-07-2005, 06:03 AM
here are my pictures of the manchester gig

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/annabel1011/album?.dir=2f55&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//uk.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Anna1011
03-07-2005, 09:42 AM
Myles said that it was comfirmed that they are gonna play at the Download Festival.

download festival as in the major metal festival in england?

Trimontana
03-07-2005, 10:09 AM
download festival as in the major metal festival in england?

It's a three days festival the 10, 11th and 12th of june in Derby.
You can visit the website www.downloadfestival.com and get imformation in there.

Anna1011
03-07-2005, 10:13 AM
It's a three days festival the 10, 11th and 12th of june in Derby.
You can visit the website www.downloadfestival.com and get imformation in there.
i know what the festival is i was just supprised to here alterbridge playing it, its a heavy metal festival.

Trimontana
03-07-2005, 10:13 AM
Aww Sweetie I'm sorry to hear that. Take a few deep breaths, put your arms around your shoulders and here's a great big hug from your family here on the board. It may not be much but know that we love you and we're here for you, babe!! :hugs: :hugs: You are not alone, Gabi!!

Thanks Teri. It's difficult dont feel bad at nite when i am all alone. I cant help myself to feel like my heart beats very fast and i cant breath and sometimes like everything around me is moving. I am feeling abit better today, but all starts later at nite. I feel like i need a vacation but again i need to move home and this costs money.
Thanks for your support darling. I appreciate.
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Anna1011
03-07-2005, 10:42 AM
it doesny actually say that alterbridge will be playing on the website, you dont happen to know what day they'll be playing?i want to get tickets before they sell out.

tremonti4life04
04-08-2005, 03:59 AM
Hey Gabi, just remember what alter bridge says in ODR, "Dont lay down and die". Things will get better for you, remember that. I had the same problems back when I was younger, i was always depressed and just didnt feel like living. Had problems with drugs, and thought they were the answer. I got away from it all because of one band, and one song, Creeds My Own Prison. When you think that your life cant get any worse, just sit back, close your eyes, and listen to Tremonti play guitar. It helped me a lot when i had those problems, maybe it can help you too :)

GregS
04-23-2005, 08:57 PM
Yay i loved this gig :D My first ever AB gig
I left me house in Dundee , Scotland at bout 6.30am and drived all tha way to Glasgow airport and after about an hour of checking in etc we flew down to London airport. After that we got on the train to the tube station and hopped on 1 of them to Channing Cross area and booked in at our Hotel. Soon after that we went to a restraunt and got ourselves something to eat. At about 6pm Me and my mom Headed to the concert. The que was HUGE!!!!! We got in quickly tho and got right to the front! First on were Hiding with Girls who i thought were awesome. Finally AB stormed on the stage with the thundering One Day remains and ended with Open Your Eyes. I then got hit in the head by flips drumstick :o and someone else got it unfortunaly... But then i shook Flip , Myles & Marks hand so its all good :D Overall amazing gig and cant wait to see them again in June :)