Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Greetings From Germany [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings From Germany

Gabriel
11-27-2004, 11:24 AM
First I would like to say that I have never been overseas until now. I have completely fallen in love with Germany. What an amazing country with amazing people. I did not know what to expect and Cologne and Hamburg have far surpassed my wildest expectations.

On to the shows.... Alter Bridge crushed these people. I'm not kidding. Cologne was off the hook. The crowd sang so loud in Broken Wings I just about dropped my camera in shock. They kept doing all these crazy chants in between songs. In Shed My Skin and In Loving Memory I could not even hear Myles sing becuase the crowd was singing it so loud.

It was funny because before the show started I was walking through the crowd feeling kind of freaked out. It was slammed packed and I was crushed between all these people speaking German which is gibberish to me. It was a weird kind of lost feeling and I reiterate that I had never been in that situation before. That lost feeling evaporated very quickly.

I started asking people if they spoke English and quite a few did. I spent the better part of an hour and a half, right up untill showtime, speaking with the fans, one by one, and really realized how music touches people regardless of your race or nationallity. What great fans they were!

I gave one guy a Mark Tremonti pick and he hugged me and kissed me! Yikes! It was so funny, I couldn't stop laughing. Another funny kissing story from that night... after the show the band was signing for the fans in front of the venue and this girl walks up to me and thanks me for letting her meet the band. She hugs me and then kisses me on my right cheek. She then comes back towards my face for another kiss so I plant one on her lips. She steps back and starts laughing. Im like "what?" She explains that she is Dutch and over there they kiss on both cheeks as a greeting. So basically she was going for my other cheek and I got her on the lips. Haha. I was so embarressed but she was cool about it and laughed with me. So, congrats Germany, you got me to turn 18 shades of red on front of a ton of people. Haha.

Hamburg was astounding as well. The crowd sang every lyric for every song. Truly amazing. I was taping in front of the barricade with my right ear facing the music and my left ear facing the crowd. The crowd was so freaking loud(way louder than the music and believe me it was cranked up)that my right ear is fine but my left ear(facing the crowd) is completely destroyed. They were so loud it really hurt. But I loved it. A small price to pay.

Another cool moment was in the encore during Open Your Eyes, the people in the front row unfurled this huge banner that was so long it took about 25 people to hold it. It said HAPPY BIRTHDAY MYLES! Here we are in another country, countless miles from home, and the fans go and do something special like that. Well, I'll tell you what, we WERE at home right then. It was magical. Myles was overcome with emotion as we all were. Even our awesome crew members had huge smiles across their faces. Myles then wrapped the banner around his body and finished the song.

After the show it was freezing and raining. We had to leave the dressing room right away because, the way the venue was set up, the crew had to load out through there. We all went straight to the bus and we were all stressed because the guys wanted to sign for the fans but because the weather was so crappy we were worried the guys would get sick standing outside.

We came up with a plan. We lined the people up outside the bus and brought them on board in groups of two to meet the band and get stuff signed. It took an hour and a half but I am proud to say that everyone who wanted to meet the band got the opportunity.

I know this was long but all I have left to say is that we can not come back to Germany soon enough. I can not wait until March. Take care everyone. England and Scotland....here we come!

Michael

benkenobi
11-27-2004, 11:36 AM
Michael, that is one incredible story! I wish I had been there to see it. Thankyou for your continued commitment to fans alike around the world!!! It really means so much to involve the fans and I look forward to seeing you guys sometime in the near future. You all need to make make your way over into the Nashville/Knoxville, Tennessee area. Thanks again Michael and keep us posted. :D

- Ben

Steve
11-27-2004, 12:11 PM
Thanks for checking in with us Michael. Hope your trip gets even better! How's the eating situation going over there? I remember in some interview Mark said he was picky about what he eats and usually doesn't like different foods. So is he getting to eat stuff he likes?? :)

Sicky
11-27-2004, 12:36 PM
Another cool moment was in the encore during Open Your Eyes, the people in the front row unfurled this huge banner that was so long it took about 25 people to hold it. It said HAPPY BIRTHDAY MYLES!

Guess who made this banner? ME :D That was the first thing I told them when I met them in the bus :D It was freakin AWESOME :) Thanks so much for giving us the opportunity to meet the band and to talk to them :)
This show in Hamburg was even better than the one in Berlin... probably because we met them this time.
Only thing pissing me of was that guy who stood behind me... he grabbed the drumstick I had caught and even dropped to the floor to get it... because of him I missed to see the band leave the stage and to get the picks that were thrown in the audience... but a bit later someone (I think it was you, Michael) brought some more. But who cares about a stick that has once been in Flip's hands when you finally get the chance to shake them :wtf: :) Was by the way the second time I caught a stick and wasn't able to keep it... last time in Berlin I caught it together with another guy and he took it... but this time I, and only I caught it and it was aggressively stolen :mad1: :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you guys like Germany and I'm already looking forward to see you again in march... Flip told me you'll probably give a concert in Frankfurt... that would be the first time my parents or the parents of my buddy had to drive less than 350 - 450 kilometres :D Rock On :)

Higher_Desire
11-27-2004, 12:58 PM
Very cool, Michael. Just an FYI, if you gave me a Mark pick and let me meet the band, I'd kiss you too. :D lol.

H-D :pimp:

Steve
11-27-2004, 02:34 PM
Sicky, please post a review of the show in the concert reviews section :)

Sicky
11-27-2004, 02:40 PM
Sicky, please post a review of the show in the concert reviews section :)

Yeah, I already thought about writing a review... don't know when I'm gonna do it... but don't expect it to be as long as my Berlin review :) :rolleyes: :D

Dogstar
11-27-2004, 03:31 PM
Michael, what a great story! Thanks so much for keeping us all posted. This is great to hear. Love all around for AB!!! And Sicky, extremely cool on making the banner. That was really thoughtful and sweet and I'm sure it took you a long time to do. Germany is on my list of places to go. Thanks for giving me a cool look at it, Michael.

Bridge of Clay
11-28-2004, 12:09 AM
Overseas fans rock better!!!

I gotta find the quote from the Nightwish guys... they said that among all the places they played, Brazil is the most passionate and has the best atmosphere!!!! :)

Trimontana
11-28-2004, 01:02 PM
Thanks Michael...i will see you tomorrow in Manchester. I knew Europe were gonna receive the guys as well as they deserve......I can't wait... i think i won't sleep tonigth. Have a nice trip to England. :D

The Lithium
11-28-2004, 05:28 PM
Hope you've learned something Micheal... Europe is the SHIT!! :jam:

XenoN
11-30-2004, 01:24 AM
I'm really excited to hear your story, Michael. Enjoy your trip through Europe, and hopefully we'll catch you on your way through Huntsville, AL!

alterite
12-02-2004, 10:33 PM
I gave one guy a Mark Tremonti pick and he hugged me and kissed me! Yikes! It was so funny, I couldn't stop laughing. Another funny kissing story from that night... after the show the band was signing for the fans in front of the venue and this girl walks up to me and thanks me for letting her meet the band. She hugs me and then kisses me on my right cheek. She then comes back towards my face for another kiss so I plant one on her lips. She steps back and starts laughing. Im like "what?" She explains that she is Dutch and over there they kiss on both cheeks as a greeting. So basically she was going for my other cheek and I got her on the lips. Haha. I was so embarressed but she was cool about it and laughed with me. So, congrats Germany, you got me to turn 18 shades of red on front of a ton of people.

Did You Use Tounge???

aussiecreeder
12-06-2004, 11:55 PM
the kissing story is funny as....:)