Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
has stapp gone mad? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : has stapp gone mad?

aussiecreeder
11-24-2004, 11:05 PM
quoted from recent interview with 94.7 the zone

Creed's Greatest Hits comes out today, containing both a CD and DVD surveying the hard rock group's six-year recording career. With a split announced earlier this year, it would seem the be the final word on Creed, but frontman Scott Stapp said he won't rule out working with bandmates Mark Tremonti, Scott Phillips, and Brian Marshall in the future: "The door's always gonna be open with me and Mark for the future, in what we do after these projects... There's nothing to say that if those guys aren't touring or doing something, if I want Phillips to come play on my record, I'm sure he would do it. Same with Brian. Even Mark would play, I'm sure, if I asked him to."

the man is either delusional or is a liar........

Higher_Desire
11-24-2004, 11:26 PM
It's still living in the realm near yesterday. Things weren't working between them, and they decided to call it. We do not know all the details. We will NEVER know all the details. All we will ever have is pieces. Only they know everything about what went on and where things stand between them. What they've said are only pieces.

The fact remains, they are still friends. They didn't cut off friendship ties, and friends leave doors open. Scott would like to work with them again down the road someday. Maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't. Right now, Mark and the other guys don't want to do it. Maybe someday that'll change, maybe it won't. But, the door is open, and it always will be.

Rev. H-D :pimp:

aussiecreeder
11-25-2004, 06:16 AM
It's still living in the realm near yesterday. Things weren't working between them, and they decided to call it. We do not know all the details. We will NEVER know all the details. All we will ever have is pieces. Only they know everything about what went on and where things stand between them. What they've said are only pieces.

The fact remains, they are still friends. They didn't cut off friendship ties, and friends leave doors open. Scott would like to work with them again down the road someday. Maybe it'll happen, maybe it won't. Right now, Mark and the other guys don't want to do it. Maybe someday that'll change, maybe it won't. But, the door is open, and it always will be.

find a single quote from mark or any of the others that would support scott's statement, you won't find it. again he is either deluded or is lying to save face. first he had tremonti leave him and then jeff martin. who next santana?

Ann Allusion
11-25-2004, 10:28 AM
never say never...'cause situations can change for one reason or another..and i believe that it is very optimistic of stapp to "leave the door open"....

as for your question: "Has stapp gone mad?"

what seems like maddness to one man is but another man's genius

Disillusioned
11-25-2004, 11:03 AM
Not to start an argument or even disagree, but how do you know that they are still friends? To my knowledge (and I could be wrong) I haven't heard or read where any of the guys in AB have acknowledged an ongoing friendship with Stapp...well I *think* it was Flip who said in an interview in answer to that question, something about using the term loosely?

Edited to add -- my vote goes for delusional ;)

Higher_Desire
11-25-2004, 11:06 AM
find a single quote from mark or any of the others that would support scott's statement, you won't find it. again he is either deluded or is lying to save face. first he had tremonti leave him and then jeff martin. who next santana?
That's because they're in different places right now, musically speaking. Stapp is willing to talk about it and do it, and right now, the other guys aren't. Give it some time.

H-D :pimp:

Bridge of Clay
11-25-2004, 12:50 PM
Not to start an argument or even disagree, but how do you know that they are still friends? To my knowledge (and I could be wrong) I haven't heard or read where any of the guys in AB have acknowledged an ongoing friendship with Stapp...well I *think* it was Flip who said in an interview in answer to that question, something about using the term loosely?

Edited to add -- my vote goes for delusional ;)
exactly

cariocawlad
11-25-2004, 02:45 PM
I think Stapp could speak less and work more. Come on Guy! Give us something to eat! I wanna hear his voice singing again!

Trimontana
11-25-2004, 04:05 PM
I always though Stapp was a liar about all Creed stuff....i get to that conclusion after saw him in a lot of tv interviews.....it doesn't mean i ADMIRED(past) him as a singer...but he doesn't got any credibility as a person.

The Lithium
11-25-2004, 05:22 PM
Stapp is lying, yes. He even said in a interview not long ago: "You know, Creed have slipt up, but the doors is always open, and I'm SURE there will be another Creed record down the road".

Dogstar
11-26-2004, 04:00 AM
I think Stapp could speak less and work more. Come on Guy! Give us something to eat! I wanna hear his voice singing again!

Well said! ;)

StillACreedFan
11-27-2004, 06:07 PM
I think you all read too much into every little thing that's said. None of us really know what happened, so if Stapp says that he thinks the door is still open then how can someone here debate that?

Jester
11-30-2004, 04:09 PM
I dunno ..... somethin just don't add up here ......

I think that scott Finally woke up and relized what every one thought of him and called a "split" of the band so her could pick up the peices of his broken ego and such but I think that you will see Creed reunited with in about 5 years here.

Agent D
12-01-2004, 10:36 AM
Sometimes people on this board are retarded.

You're labeling Scott "delusional" because he's saying that he is completely willing to work with Tremo, Flip, and Brian again? How the hell is that delusional? He's just holding out hope that's all. Personally, I'd love to see it happen despite how much I love Alter Bridge.

Dogstar
12-01-2004, 12:05 PM
Maybe he's more in denial rather than delusional.

Trimontana
12-01-2004, 02:34 PM
Maybe he's more in denial rather than delusional.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Trimontana
12-01-2004, 02:38 PM
I think you all read too much into every little thing that's said. None of us really know what happened, so if Stapp says that he thinks the door is still open then how can someone here debate that?

Because Tremonti already said replaying to that : "When AB it's over, i'm over. There's no come back to Creed no more". Or maybe all Stapp fans doesn't listen to Tremonti when he says something. Who believes that the doors are open, right for thrm, but it's a matter of fact that the doors are more than closed a long time ago.

The Lithium
12-01-2004, 05:04 PM
That's my problem - the Stapp fans... They're trying to relive yesterday

Agent D
12-01-2004, 06:12 PM
I don't see why so many people come in here if they don't like Scott anymore.

Dogstar
12-01-2004, 06:41 PM
I still like Stapp, it's just that some people aren't buying what he's saying is all.

RMadd
12-01-2004, 07:04 PM
I thought I remembered reading that the guys were still friends, it's just that the musical relationship part of it wasn't working out well.

Trimontana
12-02-2004, 07:21 AM
I don't know about the friend stuff...and i don't care to much...i think they don't talk for a long time...so i doubt about that.

Yeah, people who don't like Stapp anymore have the same rights to come here and post whatever they like to. Because at the end of the day Stapp's declarations are involving another's people declarations and leaving them as liars. And i used to like Stapp at that time....i wish him alll the best with his solo career....but when it comes to defend someone i have to say i do everything for Mark. Because i think he honest and saying what is really happening and he doesn't live in a fantasy world. A lot of people need to accept the fact that something reality hurts, and i think is what stapp is doin', he is running away from reality.

souljourner
12-02-2004, 02:20 PM
I believe Scott. It makes sense what he said, the details aren't important and are between he and his former bandmates. Nothing in his interview conflicts with what the others have said.

www.souljournersband.com

Steve
12-02-2004, 04:16 PM
I believe Scott. It makes sense what he said, the details aren't important and are between he and his former bandmates. Nothing in his interview conflicts with what the others have said.

Actually it does conflict. Stapp has said previously that he and Mark talked when Mark said they did not. Not that it's a big deal or anything, but there were conflicting statements made.

Torn Daredevil
12-06-2004, 12:38 AM
I think Stapp is taking advantage of the situation and trying to play the good guy. While it seems very unlikely that they'll get back together, and I think Stapp may be somewhat delusional, it wouldn't really surprise me to see another Creed record 5-10 years down the road. That's a LOT of time, and time heals many things...

Chase
12-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Well, if they do decide to reunite... it would be one hell of a concert tour.

titan9
12-07-2004, 03:48 PM
Well, if they do decide to reunite... it would be one hell of a concert tour.

Agreed.

tremonti4life04
12-15-2004, 03:50 AM
well, there is a website out there with Tea Party saying how delusional and akward stapp is.....http://www.undercover.com.au/idol/teaparty2004.html

Trimontana
12-15-2004, 04:29 AM
Nice stuff tremonti4life04........

titan9
12-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Isn't that the same old stuff we've already heard?

tremonti4life04
12-15-2004, 07:00 PM
found that link on PBF, then they went on forever saying how bad they felt for him and that he cant really be like that, and that this must be tearing stapp up inside.hmmmmmmmmmmmm

tremonti4life04
12-15-2004, 09:04 PM
Well, i just posted my relearn love parody on PBF, i hope they like it :)

Agent D
12-15-2004, 09:06 PM
Well, i just posted my relearn love parody on PBF, i hope they like it :)

Nothing like adding fuel to the fire. :rolleyes:

titan9
12-16-2004, 10:50 AM
Yup. They'll hate you for that, and if someone posted a parody of one of the songs that meant alot to me, I'd hate that person, too.(not a physical hate, though)

tremonti4life04
12-16-2004, 01:15 PM
well, they deserved everything i said..oh well, problem resolved :) they dont have to worry about me anymore ;)

titan9
12-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Well, I wouldn't say they deserved it. You gotta look at it this way:how would you feel if one of those PBF'ers came over to this board(or an all-AB forum) and started bashing AB? You'd probably be pretty defensive, too. If you don't have anything nice to say about an artist, you're probably best suited staying away from a board devoted to said artist. I hate Usher, I hate him with a passion(musically, that is) but I do not go over to an Usher board and start ripping him and his fans. I know it'll do no good, so what's the point?

NeedforCreed
01-13-2005, 03:42 PM
When Creed reunites and I'm nearly certain they will, Lithium will one hurtn dude. Like Hulk Hogan used to put it, What you gonna do when Hulkomania runs wild on you. Well, Lithium whatcha gonna do when Creed reunites and Creedomania runs wild on you?

titan9
01-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say they'll definitely reunite. But it could happen. I don't think it will happen, but nothing's impossible and never say never.

Oh, and I finally visited PBF's message board. I just want to say this:PLEASE, PLEASE cut down on the use of Stapp smilies, avatars and pictures! I was disturbed by the number of those, especially the moving Stapp smilies. One every now and then is fine, but not the number I witnessed.:laugh:

Agent D
01-13-2005, 05:13 PM
When Creed reunites and I'm nearly certain they will, Lithium will one hurtn dude. Like Hulk Hogan used to put it, What you gonna do when Hulkomania runs wild on you. Well, Lithium whatcha gonna do when Creed reunites and Creedomania runs wild on you?

I imagine Lith will do what every other fan would. Get very excited and continue to listen to their albums as well as AB's albums. Hey, wait a second, we're already doing that!

GregS
05-14-2005, 01:28 PM
I remember last year i was reading an interview with stapp and he said in these exact words..

" One day.. no matter what happens.. Creed will Reunite. I promise "

Then i read an Ab interview which the dude asked Ab what they would never do and who/what they hate..
They all replied. We will never get bak as creed. They all said they despised Stapp.

So god knows what will happen.

Bridge of Clay
05-14-2005, 07:03 PM
what's the point of bumping a thread that's been dead since January? We all know what'll happen now...