Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
alter bridge covers zeppelin [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : alter bridge covers zeppelin

aussiecreeder
11-13-2004, 05:50 AM
gotta go guys but AB has coverd zep's "rock and roll" and i'm told myles nailed his plant impersonation. back later......

Steve
11-13-2004, 11:30 AM
Yup, the performance was awsome. The apparently debuted the song in Des Moines, IA but screwed it up towards the end. They pretty much nailed it in Green Bay though (the show I was at). I guess Flip told some people he thought he screwed up the intro though.

evyllsummer
11-13-2004, 12:12 PM
I guess Flip told some people he thought he screwed up the intro though.

Bonham's stuff is always the toughest thing to cover cos he was so damn good...would have loved to hear Flip take a run at it, though...

Torn Daredevil
11-13-2004, 12:57 PM
DAMN, I need to hear this!

Higher_Desire
11-13-2004, 01:51 PM
DAMN, I need to hear this!
Me too!!!

H-D :pimp:

Dogstar
11-13-2004, 05:35 PM
Me Three!

RMadd
11-13-2004, 06:09 PM
Me four!!!!!!!!!!! LZ kicks ass, and I could see Myles doing an awesome Plant!

jango
11-13-2004, 09:29 PM
Bonham's stuff is always the toughest thing to cover cos he was so damn good...would have loved to hear Flip take a run at it, though...

Jack Irons could do it.

SaveMe
11-13-2004, 10:19 PM
Plant????? what are some good LZ songs.... btw LZ before my time

Dogstar
11-13-2004, 10:49 PM
Plant????? what are some good LZ songs.... btw LZ before my time
Robert Plant, yes...Go get Zep's first four albums. You will not be disappointed. My personal favorites are II and IV. That should give you a great start.

evyllsummer
11-13-2004, 11:44 PM
Robert Plant, yes...Go get Zep's first four albums. You will not be disappointed. My personal favorites are II and IV. That should give you a great start.

exactly, DS, or, if you wanna be economical, get that 2 disc early days/latter days set...a lot of their good ones (not all, but a lot) are on that collection, and it's rather affordable...hated that it didn't have "Misty Mountain Hop" on it, though, cos I actually had to get IV to get that song...

Dogstar
11-13-2004, 11:58 PM
IV rules...That one edges II out in my top Zep albums :D.

fluttergirl
11-14-2004, 01:12 AM
lol
LZ was way before my time
but im in love with them.....
i need to hear this, is there anywhere that there is a download or sumthin?

Dogstar
11-14-2004, 02:35 AM
I dunno. I'm hoping one shows up :D...Heh, I love a lot of stuff that was before my time, too. I've turned my nephews on to Zep, Hendrix, all the stuff I grew up listening to. It's still some of the best rock ever :D. My nephew bought a Pink Floyd shirt last week. I was such a proud auntie, heheh.

DekWannaBFlea
11-14-2004, 03:35 AM
IV rules...That one edges II out in my top Zep albums :D.

IV is there best over all. IV is the most rock oriented.

Zeppelin was way before my time but i still listen to it. Explore past music, it owns too!

Yes, Hendrix, The moody blues, Ac/DC, Guns N Roses, Soundgarden, The police, 3 dog night, Black Sabbeth, Rush, Dream theater, ZZ top, all great stuff! :D

Dogstar
11-14-2004, 12:38 PM
Right on, Dek.

Trimontana
11-14-2004, 06:18 PM
Praying they will play that covers in the UK tour......

Dogstar
11-14-2004, 06:20 PM
That would be cool, Trimontana. I have to admit they did a kick-ass job on Deep Purple's Highway Star. I think Myles definitely has the right voice to do Zep. :D

Trimontana
11-14-2004, 06:29 PM
That would be cool, Trimontana. I have to admit they did a kick-ass job on Deep Purple's Highway Star. I think Myles definitely has the right voice to do Zep. :D

Yeah!!! I will never be deceptioned by the guys. I know they can play anything and they would nail it. Myles has the VOICE.

DekWannaBFlea
11-15-2004, 12:54 AM
Yeah!!! I will never be deceptioned by the guys. I know they can play anything and they would nail it. Myles has the VOICE.

Something creed could never pull off, they could only pull off grunge stuff ( if they tried).

RMadd
11-15-2004, 01:10 AM
yeah, imona hafta agree that LZ IV is perhaps the greatest rock album of all time

aussiecreeder
11-18-2004, 12:31 AM
Something creed could never pull off, they could only pull off grunge stuff ( if they tried).

what about the doors? they weren't grunge....

anyhow ibleedpurple over at alterbridgeband.net had it up at his site. i can't remember the link right now but if you go over there you will hear them doing a good job. i think AB could do a sweet cover album if they wanted to do one.

DekWannaBFlea
11-18-2004, 03:28 AM
what about the doors? they weren't grunge....

anyhow ibleedpurple over at alterbridgeband.net had it up at his site. i can't remember the link right now but if you go over there you will hear them doing a good job. i think AB could do a sweet cover album if they wanted to do one.

Meh, i didn't like the doors covers....