Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Next Single!!!!!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Next Single!!!!!!

Alter Shredder
10-17-2004, 06:15 PM
hey guys the next single is Find the Real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here (http://www.947zone.com/newmusic.asp) or
here (http://www.947zone.com/top20.asp) is the link, scroll down to the bottom of the second and vote for them and submersed

Dogstar
10-17-2004, 06:54 PM
That is awesome. I was hoping they'd pick a more rockin' tune for the next single. I hope these are available to buy at some point! Thanks for the info, Alter Shredder!

Torn Daredevil
10-17-2004, 07:38 PM
Um, sorry guys, but this doesn't mean that this is the next single. Program directors for radio stations can play whatever they want. One of my local stations had the Creed song "Weathered" on a similar poll/countdown just like this, and that wasn't a single. I have also heard "Faceless Man, Are You Ready?, and several other Creed songs on the radio that were not singles. It is a little too early for an official single to be announced, so don't get too excited. I also think this is a poor choice for the next single (IMO).

Proof of what I mean: look at the bottom. "Dirty Little Thing" is not the new Velver Revolver single either. "Fall to Pieces" is in the middle of it's heavy rotation, and will most likely be followed by "Superhuman" as the next single.
http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1488610/20040622/velvet_revolver.jhtml?headlines=true

Dogstar
10-17-2004, 07:52 PM
Hmmm, I thought Weathered was a single... and program directors don't always get to play what they want, especially if their stations are owned by ClearChannel or Infinity or some other huge corporation. The playlists are often dictated by corporate and/or other *financial considerations*. That's why you hear the same songs on multiple stations across the country. In any event, it's cool that it's getting some play, even though I don't listen to the radio.

EvenStream
10-17-2004, 08:00 PM
I think FTR would be a good next single

Alter Shredder
10-17-2004, 08:05 PM
Um, sorry guys, but this doesn't mean that this is the next single. Program directors for radio stations can play whatever they want. One of my local stations had the Creed song "Weathered" on a similar poll/countdown just like this, and that wasn't a single. I have also heard "Faceless Man, Are You Ready?, and several other Creed songs on the radio that were not singles. It is a little too early for an official single to be announced, so don't get too excited. I also think this is a poor choice for the next single (IMO).

Proof of what I mean: look at the bottom. "Dirty Little Thing" is not the new Velver Revolver single either. "Fall to Pieces" is in the middle of it's heavy rotation, and will most likely be followed by "Superhuman" as the next single.
http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1488610/20040622/velvet_revolver.jhtml?headlines=true
umm Are you ready and weathered were singles, and i think faceless man was too....and if you look at the first link, it says new music, as in new songs that are starting rotation...and even if it is only a dj deal, they still have to get clearance to play that song which kinda leads me to believe, that this is the new single.

Dogstar
10-17-2004, 08:07 PM
Hellboy, what would you choose as the next single?

Trimontana
10-17-2004, 08:35 PM
umm Are you ready and weathered were singles, and i think faceless man was too....and if you look at the first link, it says new music, as in new songs that are starting rotation...and even if it is only a dj deal, they still have to get clearance to play that song which kinda leads me to believe, that this is the new single.

You are right Alter Shredder. Click here: www.passionbreedsfollowers.com/music/discography.shtml

And "Find The Real" IS THE SECOND SINGLE. I know someone in a Louisiana Radio Station that already told me is the second single.

I wonder about the video for this single????? I canīt wait to see it. :smokin:

AndrewFromABRox
10-17-2004, 08:45 PM
Omg i'm almost shaking, lol this is AWESOME!!!! They acually listened to their fans which is great, i plan this song will be HUGE among rock purists, if they would have done DTML like Mark wanted i think it would be an awful mistake, next they need to do Metalingus, or ODR because neither sound like Creed.

Dogstar
10-17-2004, 08:46 PM
Right ON, Andrew. They need to establish THEIR sound.

Trimontana
10-17-2004, 09:12 PM
Omg i'm almost shaking, lol this is AWESOME!!!! They acually listened to their fans which is great, i plan this song will be HUGE among rock purists, if they would have done DTML like Mark wanted i think it would be an awful mistake, next they need to do Metalingus, or ODR because neither sound like Creed.

Andrew, i donīt try to upsed you but the 3rd single will be "Broken Wings" and the 4rd "In Loving Memory". I have good resources....

Torn Daredevil
10-17-2004, 09:37 PM
DOGSTAR: I think One Day Remains would be a great second single. I think Metalingus would as well, but the name pretty much rules that out.

If Trimontana is right about the 3rd and 4th singles, those are the perfect choices.

And no, Weathered, Are You Ready, and Faceless Man were not singles in the US. One or two of those might have been singles in other countries.

Also, Alter Shredder, in your second post you admitted FTR may not be the official second single yet, but your first post was very assertive that it was. I just wanted to make clear that there has been nothing official yet.

Dogstar
10-17-2004, 09:57 PM
Can't argue with ODR for a single, but I like FTR better :D.

Trimontana
10-17-2004, 10:53 PM
For the video for FTR check at www.launch.yahoo.com
in the next few weeks. Maybe the will record the video before the European tour.

revisfoot
10-17-2004, 11:26 PM
Actually, yes, Weathered and Are You Ready were both singles in the US. If I remember correctly, Are You Ready reached #5 on the Modern Rock charts. I can't remember exactly where Weathered peaked. But, yes, they were US singles.

benkenobi
10-17-2004, 11:31 PM
Plus, I read a show review a couple of days ago. Mark told some fans they were one of the first ones to be told that "Find The Real" will be the next single.

Torn Daredevil
10-18-2004, 12:27 AM
Can you cite somewhere that shows Weathered and Are You Ready as singles? Because they were not official singles. And they were not released as singles.

Pipster
10-18-2004, 12:41 AM
all 3 of the rock stations in my area have played both those songs heavily when they were released as singel to radio, (not to stores) and they still are played quite frequently

Torn Daredevil
10-18-2004, 12:51 AM
Yes, I have heard them on the radio once or twice, but that may just mean the program director of your station likes those songs. That does not make them singles. Sorry.

DekWannaBFlea
10-18-2004, 01:45 AM
Yes, I have heard them on the radio once or twice, but that may just mean the program director of your station likes those songs. That does not make them singles. Sorry.

Except they are not able to play non single tracks. Try asking your local radio station to play Fighter or something, because they won't. If they were able to play non single track then you would hear alot of other tracks played on the radio by a lot artists that are not singles.

BTW, Are you ready? and Faceless man were singles, sorry to burst your bubble.

Dogstar
10-18-2004, 01:56 AM
Weathered was played quite a bit on Philly stations. Are You Ready was all over the radio, too.

Torn Daredevil
10-18-2004, 01:57 AM
Yes, they are able to play non-single tracks. But, in order for them to do so, the song has to be put in rotation by the program director. So you are right, you can't just call up and request any random Creed song, but if it is put on the playlist by the program director, they will play it. And prove to me that those songs were singles, because they weren't!!!

OK, in Philly. But that doesn't make them singles (see above)!

Dogstar
10-18-2004, 02:01 AM
Maybe they aren't singles in the sense of a physical disc, but when they introduced Weathered on the radio (when I was still listening) it was introduced as the latest single off the album (title track, blah, blah, blah) Weathered.

Trimontana
10-18-2004, 05:38 AM
Can you cite somewhere that shows Weathered and Are You Ready as singles? Because they were not official singles. And they were not released as singles.

Click here: www.passionbreedsfollowers.com/music/discography.shtml

DekWannaBFlea
10-18-2004, 07:57 AM
Yes, they are able to play non-single tracks. But, in order for them to do so, the song has to be put in rotation by the program director. So you are right, you can't just call up and request any random Creed song, but if it is put on the playlist by the program director, they will play it. And prove to me that those songs were singles, because they weren't!!!

OK, in Philly. But that doesn't make them singles (see above)!

Sure they COULD technically, but they won't.

Alter Shredder
10-18-2004, 01:29 PM
Click here: www.passionbreedsfollowers.com/music/discography.shtml

they used to have them on the f.a.q. at the official site, see if they still do

aussiecreeder
10-18-2004, 11:38 PM
i believe myles did state that FTR was the second single which i think is a fantastic move. i think in loving memory would follow after that......

AndrewFromABRox
10-19-2004, 08:39 AM
Are you ready was a single, and i think weathered was to but i never heard it on my radio, and hardly heard Are you ready, but i read on that website above that weathere was a single, but no video was made for it. Also it says Are you ready was the first Creed single not to go to #1.

Steve
10-19-2004, 10:21 AM
Are You Ready was an official single - I have the radio promo. Weathered was an "unofficial" single. Lots of radio stations played Weathered after the previous single started getting old.

Torn Daredevil
10-19-2004, 12:16 PM
OK, Are You Ready was a single, but Faceless Man and Weathered weren't, but still got airplay. Amen.

The Lithium
10-19-2004, 01:41 PM
I knew about FTR as the next single a few days ago

Soundslave
10-19-2004, 05:37 PM
FTR Rocks! It's also the perfect single. It will bring in harder-rock fans that were not drawn to OYE.

Although I would love to see Metalingus or Watch Your Words be the 3rd single, I think it would be better to have it be Broken Wings. It's a song that would start on the rock stations, but after it died on those stations, it would get a second life on the pop stations.

I hope they release four singles. The last one should definately be Watch your words or Metalingus to show the purists once again that AB is a great rock band.

The Lithium
10-20-2004, 02:00 AM
3red single will be problably be In Loving Memory or Broken Wings.