Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Stapp Interview on KROCK [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Stapp Interview on KROCK

Steve
10-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Well, all I'm going to say about that interview is - at least the man supports President Bush :D :D :D

Bridge of Clay
10-16-2004, 09:08 PM
So that's my reason to think Stapp's a dork! LOL! Just lost all my respect for him! ;)

Dogstar
10-16-2004, 09:22 PM
Well, all I'm going to say about that interview is - at least the man supports President Bush :D :D :D
:mad: :eek: ;)

StillACreedFan
10-16-2004, 09:31 PM
:( I'll have to overlook that.

I'm assuming it's because of Bush's views on abortion.

creedlvr
10-16-2004, 09:34 PM
:( I'll have to overlook that.
Me too!

But where's the interview?

Bridge of Clay
10-16-2004, 09:39 PM
on PBF

aussiecreeder
10-16-2004, 09:54 PM
so will stapp will be appearing on rock against kerry? ;) he does seem to be happy which apart from all of the crap at the moment is a good thing. :)

Agent D
10-16-2004, 10:02 PM

Even though that makes me smile, I do wish all these musicians would just concentrate on making music instead of pretending to be politicians.

creedlvr
10-16-2004, 10:35 PM
on PBF
Got it ... thanks

Trimontana
10-16-2004, 11:01 PM
Another point against Stapp....

:ignore: concentrate in your solo career man

Trimontana
10-16-2004, 11:30 PM
How he can talk so much and all bullshit? The think that pissed me off the most is when he goes like: "Mark though he didn´t have the recognition (in Creed) that he deserved it so we sat down and we talked as friends...". Oh my God!!! Bullshit all the time....i can stand this guy no more...and i used to love him so much. :mad1:

You guys have to listen to the interview...

aussiecreeder
10-17-2004, 12:27 AM
what i found interesting (and kind of cute lol) is that scott said his son and yngwie malmstemn's son go to the same kindergarten. anyone the two kids have formed their own band of sorts called "the griffins". jagger likes the harder stuff like bullets. this isn't from the KROQ interview btw......jagger is the drummer and yngwie's son is a guitarist of course. lol

DekWannaBFlea
10-17-2004, 03:15 AM
Well, all I'm going to say about that interview is - at least the man supports President Bush

One more reason to dislike him.......

Ann Allusion
10-17-2004, 03:32 AM
*deleted*

The Lithium
10-17-2004, 03:46 AM
Just lost all my respect for him! ;)
I know how you feel man, so have I...

StillACreedFan
10-17-2004, 08:08 AM
Can someone please summarize the interview for me?

R U Ready?
10-17-2004, 10:42 AM
How he can talk so much and all bullshit? The think that pissed me off the most is when he goes like: "Mark though he didn´t have the recognition (in Creed) that he deserved it so we sat down and we talked as friends...". Oh my God!!! Bullshit all the time....i can stand this guy no more...and i used to love him so much. :mad1:

You guys have to listen to the interview...

Maybe I'm reading wrong because it seems like he's praising Mark here: "He didn't get the recognition he deserved."

Or are you mad about "sat down as friends" cuz you think he's lying?

Dogstar
10-17-2004, 01:03 PM
Could someone post a link to the interview? I'm not a member there and apparently you can't lurk. Thanks.

Shadow
10-17-2004, 02:14 PM
In all of Scott's interviews he did this past week - he has been nothing but complimentary about Mark and Creed. He continues to praise Mark over and over, never speaking a bad word about him or Creed.

Kerri, it's not on the website yet, I'm sure it will be in a few days. I'll put the link here when it's up. But if you want to listen to it now, you can get it on the radio station website - it's in two parts. Here's that link Scott Stapp on 96.5 K-ROCK (http://andysavage.com/audio.asp)

I also talked to Scott on the phone last night during one of his radio appearances. A handful of us PBFers were able to get through. He was a pleasure to speak to.

Dogstar
10-17-2004, 03:08 PM
Thank you, Shadow, and very cool on talking to Mr. Stapp!!

Bridge of Clay
10-17-2004, 03:53 PM
Wow Robyn! you did it!!! awesome!!! :D

congrats!

Shadow
10-17-2004, 04:48 PM
Wow Robyn! you did it!!! awesome!!! :D

congrats!
Hi Marcos :D . Did you read my full description of it over at PBF? It was so weird talking to him over the telepone. I thought for sure my cell phone was going to go dead!

creedsister
10-17-2004, 07:53 PM
:thumbsup: awsome i got cut of before i could hear it all Shadow Rock On

BobbyMcGee
10-17-2004, 08:52 PM
Scott was asked Bush or Kerry. He answered honestly. He disagrees with some things that Bush says, likes some things about Kerry, but feels more secure with Bush. He didn't ask the question, the DJ did. He only answered the question. And from what I got he really didn't feel comfortable with the question.

Don't blame Scott, blame the DJ for asking the lame question.
________
Black Fucking (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/297/fucking/videos/1)
________
Infants Avandia (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/avandia/)

Dogstar
10-17-2004, 08:57 PM
Nobody's blaming Scott for anything. But we don't have to agree with his answer.

Trimontana
10-17-2004, 09:16 PM
Could someone post a link to the interview? I'm not a member there and apparently you can't lurk. Thanks.

DOGSTAR FOR YOU EVERYTHING MAN!!! ;)

Click here and you will see in the screen two news the second below is the one: www.passionbreedsfollowers.com

StillACreedFan
10-17-2004, 09:44 PM
Scott was asked Bush or Kerry. He answered honestly. He disagrees with some things that Bush says, likes some things about Kerry, but feels more secure with Bush. He didn't ask the question, the DJ did. He only answered the question. And from what I got he really didn't feel comfortable with the question.

Don't blame Scott, blame the DJ for asking the lame question.
I don't think any democrats here (including me) really have a problem with that. Everyone is entitled to his opinion.

Dogstar
10-17-2004, 09:50 PM
DOGSTAR FOR YOU EVERYTHING MAN!!! ;)

Click here and you will see in the screen two news the second below is the one: www.passionbreedsfollowers.com
Thanks!

Torn Daredevil
10-17-2004, 09:52 PM
Well, I just gained some respect back for him for that comment. Shut up you democrats. It will be a sad, sad day in this country if John Kerry becomes President.

StillACreedFan
10-17-2004, 10:32 PM
Well, I just gained some respect back for him for that comment. Shut up you democrats. It will be a sad, sad day in this country if John Kerry becomes President.
Please, don't turn this thread into a political flame war.

Dogstar
10-17-2004, 10:33 PM
Amen.

Trimontana
10-17-2004, 10:43 PM
Maybe I'm reading wrong because it seems like he's praising Mark here: "He didn't get the recognition he deserved."

Or are you mad about "sat down as friends" cuz you think he's lying?

Stapp is trying to make Mark looks like he was complaining all the time or that he wasn´t happy (almost like Mark was the guilty on the split up and now Mark is happy in AB cuz he is kind of BOSS now) and i don´t like that. I think Mark always said that he didn´t want to be center of attention (Aswering the question why he didn´t sing more). And after about let´s sit down and talk...like fathers do with kids....That´s why he was the only one talking all the f****** time in radio/tv interviews, he like to much be the center of attention...too much for me....That´s why i LOVE Tremonti: he´s talented and modest.

Shadow
10-18-2004, 02:14 PM
Here is Scott's complete answer about the Bush/Kerry question;

Well, you know I feel more secure and then there’s just some personal convictions that I agree with . This is a hard election for me, because I don’t agree all the way with Bush. There’s a lot of things I disagree on and there’s a lot of things that I like about Kerry, but then there’s things I disagree with him. When it comes down to it, it’s such, that’s why the country is so divided, I think because a lot of people probably feel the same way. But when it comes down to it, you know, I’m gonna cast my vote for Bush.

Trimontana
10-18-2004, 03:32 PM
I feel sorry in another hand for Scott cuz the journalist shouldn´t ask to Scott about politic staff...anyway everyone is free to vote whoever we think is the best...even if i desagree with Stapp.

creedlvr
10-18-2004, 05:06 PM
Shadow, I can't believe you got to actually speak to him! That is so awsome! Congratulations!!

Shadow
10-18-2004, 09:53 PM
Shadow, I can't believe you got to actually speak to him! That is so awsome! Congratulations!!
Thank you. I will never forget it.

aussiecreeder
10-18-2004, 11:56 PM
Here is Scott's complete answer about the Bush/Kerry question;

Well, you know I feel more secure and then there’s just some personal convictions that I agree with . This is a hard election for me, because I don’t agree all the way with Bush. There’s a lot of things I disagree on and there’s a lot of things that I like about Kerry, but then there’s things I disagree with him. When it comes down to it, it’s such, that’s why the country is so divided, I think because a lot of people probably feel the same way. But when it comes down to it, you know, I’m gonna cast my vote for Bush.

there is a bit of a double-standard here i think and this is nothing against scott at all. we have bands "rocking against bush" or "rocking for change" and yet when a "rock star" decides to vote bush all hell breaks loose? :confused:

StillACreedFan
10-19-2004, 07:01 AM
The reason that I, a democrat, have no problem whatsoever with this is that Stapp makes it clear that he actually thought about his decision, unlike the sheep that blindly go along with everything they're told they should think.

Shadow
10-19-2004, 02:34 PM
there is a bit of a double-standard here i think and this is nothing against scott at all. we have bands "rocking against bush" or "rocking for change" and yet when a "rock star" decides to vote bush all hell breaks loose? :confused:
....because it was Scott that said it. But, if you notice Scott just stated his opinion and didn't tell anybody else what to do.

I have lost a lot of respect for the bands who have so strongly come out against Bush, in particular Bruce Springsteen and especially, David Grohl and what he did.

Bridge of Clay
10-19-2004, 03:35 PM
..if you allow me...

I think it goes both ways for artists who take sides on politics. It has nothing to do with being Stapp or being David Grohl.

From what I see on this board, it's almost a crime to say you're a democrat. You say that and you get trashed.

The comments on Stapp were just jokes from the democrats who had a shot for this. It doesn't happen very often.

Just my opinion though.

Steve
10-19-2004, 06:26 PM
I don't think anyone gets trashed for saying they are a democrat here. There's plenty of good political discussions that have taken place in the past and are still going on over in Chat-o-rama. :)

joy division
10-19-2004, 07:21 PM
...I have lost a lot of respect for the bands who have so strongly come out against Bush, in particular Bruce Springsteen and especially, David Grohl and what he did.

i dont understand. I am a Republican who supported those recent tours. (Bruce Springsteen, Dixie Chicks, Pearl Jam, etc). Simply because they have the right to speak out as tax paying, voting citizens. And the main point of all of those tours was to get people registered to vote. It may ruffle some feathers of those who can only view one side, but to me that's what rock n roll is all about.

I even watched the closing Vote (or Rock?) For Change show on tv. It was simply music played for a passionate cause. It was quite nice to see so many people come together to try and help their country in a peaceful fun way. It's patriotic and its rock n roll....no matter who you're voting for.

Steve
10-19-2004, 07:30 PM
But the thing with many of those "Rock for Change" events is that it's not just an event to get people out to vote. The artists pratically endorse a candidate while on stage.

Not only that but I read online or saw a program on tv (I'll have to search again for that) that the "Rock for Change" tour with Springsteen and others that every person attending must register to vote and sign a form that says their ticket price goes to John Kerry's campaign. That is complete BS if you ask me.

joy division
10-19-2004, 07:49 PM
But the thing with many of those "Rock for Change" events is that it's not just an event to get people out to vote. The artists pratically endorse a candidate while on stage.

Not only that but I read online or saw a program on tv (I'll have to search again for that) that the "Rock for Change" tour with Springsteen and others that every person attending must register to vote and sign a form that says their ticket price goes to John Kerry's campaign. That is complete BS if you ask me.

thats definitely not true. i saw a special on the tour on MTV News. its basically just a regular everyday rock concert except there's all kinds of Tables and Stands set up outside where you can register to vote or get information on various issues IF YOU CHOOSE TO.

i've read a few reviews about the tour. Most of them said the artists didn't speak much at all about politics except for stressing that everyone should vote. There wasnt very much Bush bashing or Kerry endorsing (even tho the tour is definitely pro-Kerry and the company sponsoring the tour is giving funds to Kerry). On the tv special, Springsteen said each show is getting about 1000 people a night registered to vote. so that's why i support it.

Torn Daredevil
10-19-2004, 08:34 PM
They are getting liberals registered to vote and they know that. LOL.

Bridge of Clay
10-19-2004, 09:51 PM
Yes, Steve. I didn't mean trashed, that was not the right word. I meant it's kind of a "I'm way better than you and you know nothing" attitude.

I dunno how to say that in fewer words. my bad.

aussiecreeder
10-19-2004, 11:29 PM
i have no problem with getting young people to vote. i do have a problem going to a concert where my political beliefs may be challenged on stage. i go to a concert to have a good time and not to hear someone else tell me who to vote for. saying that artists have as much right to express their views as anyone else and they have the right to do that on stage. i'm a big PJ fan for example and i know eddie will have at least one rant on stage, such as a joke about john howard getting friendly with george bush lol. its my choice as to whether i laugh it off or whether i get offended.