Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Stapp will be playing Creed songs on tour!! [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Stapp will be playing Creed songs on tour!!

Pages : [1] 2

The Lithium
10-15-2004, 09:50 AM
This SUCKS big time!!

I just downloaded a fresh interview with him from PBF, and he said he will be playing Creed songs on his tour, which is awful!! Flip, Mark and Brian were such a big part of that band, it's not fair to them or the fans! He also played Higher live acoustic in the studio, now he did it really well, but it was still awful!! That's Mark's song Goddammit! It felt like he was playing a cover! AB have decided to never ever play a Creed song, and that is, to me, the right decision.

Very disappointing!

RMadd
10-15-2004, 10:19 AM
calm down there.... after all, he did write most o' the lyrics... and if he wants to take a different approach than AB is, so what?

Trimontana
10-15-2004, 10:27 AM
I think Scott can do whatever he wants to do. At th end of the day he wrote the lyrics os the song so what!!!! AB is offering something new, something fresh, a new vision all of them share. Scott doesnīt need to ask anyone what he needs to sing...we will see the results of his solo career. Any way i wish him good luck.

The Lithium
10-15-2004, 10:28 AM
I'm still disappointed with him!

TeriB19
10-15-2004, 11:15 AM
I just hope this doesn't turn into an ownership thing where one decides no one is allowed to use his lyrics/music like the Pink Floyd/Roger Waters fiasco. I'm not sure I'd want to see Stapp doing Creed songs unless his original stuff sucked.

Bridge of Clay
10-15-2004, 11:51 AM
I'm ok with WAWO, when he does it... and DSD too. as for the other, not a good idea at all.

Steve
10-15-2004, 11:58 AM
I am eagerly awaiting Stapp's solo material so I can judge how good his music will be, but to me saying that he'll play Creed material will simply "degenerate" him and his solo tour into a "living on the fame of Creed" even more. Yes I know him and AB will continue to get the "former members of Creed" thing, probably for years to come, but by going out and playing Creed songs when you aren't Creed seems to me like he wants to live off that fame. That's fine and all, it doesn't bother me any. However I think to all the die-hard fans it's disrespectful. Don't get me wrong, I think it would be cool to hear AB do a Creed song here or there but I agree with and understand their decision not to do that. Same with AB doing Mayfield Four songs.

This would be like Audioslave going out on tour and mixing in Rage or Soundgarden songs into their setlist. They aren't Rage or Soundgarden, they are Audioslave now. Let's stick to new material.

Dogstar
10-15-2004, 01:43 PM
I just hope this doesn't turn into an ownership thing where one decides no one is allowed to use his lyrics/music like the Pink Floyd/Roger Waters fiasco.

Same here. The last thing they need is to have something else to divide them further and erode the chance to at least mend fences down the road and be friends.

I didn't want AB doing Creed songs and I wouldn't want Scott to do them, either, on his first solo tour. It's just too soon after the breakup. I just can't picture Scott up there singing and having somebody else playing the instruments. I know Chris Cornell played a few Soundgarden tunes (some acoustically) on his solo tour, and it's still weird to have that without the rest of Soundgarden.
I think it's true, what Steve said, that it will be perceived as Scott living off Creed fame because we all know he had his share of critics even at the height of Creed's fame.

The Lithium
10-15-2004, 02:02 PM
I'm ok with WAWO, when he does it... and DSD too. as for the other, not a good idea at all.
Yeah, okay, I agree with that. It's also okay if he would like to sing "Lullaby", since he wrote both lyrics and music for that one!

Jooji_2
10-15-2004, 02:22 PM
Maybe he just doesn't want to do an entire tour playing the same what, eleven or twelve songs from a solo album every night....I don't have the financial resources to travel from city to city to see one band play....but ya know all those people who have seen multiple AB shows.....are seeing the exact same show each time, what with maybe one cover song thrown in.

Everybody is actin like he's gonna do a full blown Creed concert, when actually he may only be referring to one or two songs a night, and throwing in a few of the classic rock cover songs he's already alluded to. I'm guessing he would sing WAWO...most people expect him to sing it, considering the source of the inspiration for it. :D

The Lithium
10-15-2004, 02:29 PM
One or two Creed songs each night is one or two Creed songs too much!

heinzel
10-15-2004, 02:45 PM
when Stapp plays some creed songs acoutisc, then it's ok with me. I mean him alone on the guitar. But, when he plays them live with a band....

I would laugh my ass of, seeing another guitarist playing tremonti shit. I mean think about the idea, that another band with stapp plays creed songs. That's so freaking stupid...

Jooji_2
10-15-2004, 02:51 PM
One or two Creed songs each night is one or two Creed songs too much!

That's your opinion. I'm sure that Stapp will take it to heart. Maybe Alter Bridge should play "Bullets"....that was never one of my favorites...never skipped it...but its not one of my favs...but it does fit in with what they are doing currently. :D

So....once a band is no longer, their songs should never be played again? What about all those Creed tribute bands....hell there is even a Beatles tribute band touring the country right now. A Perfect Circle has even re-recorded John Lennon's Imagine...who woulda thunk. :D

Dogstar
10-15-2004, 02:54 PM
Maybe he just doesn't want to do an entire tour playing the same what, eleven or twelve songs from a solo album every night....I don't have the financial resources to travel from city to city to see one band play....but ya know all those people who have seen multiple AB shows.....are seeing the exact same show each time, what with maybe one cover song thrown in.
With the exception of a few bands (Pearl Jam, for one), most bands do pretty much the same set list, maybe mixing up the order or changing one or two tunes. AB has only one album to work with, so obviously they would have the same list of songs every night.

Everybody is actin like he's gonna do a full blown Creed concert...
Hyperbole. Everyone is not acting this way.

Dogstar
10-15-2004, 02:56 PM
That's your opinion. I'm sure that Stapp will take it to heart. Maybe Alter Bridge should play "Bullets"....that was never one of my favorites...never skipped it...but its not one of my favs...but it does fit in with what they are doing currently. :D
:rolleyes:

So....once a band is no longer, their songs should never be played again? What about all those Creed tribute bands....hell there is even a Beatles tribute band touring the country right now. A Perfect Circle has even re-recorded John Lennon's Imagine...who woulda thunk. :D
Tribute bands are not the same as former band members playing their songs with people other than the original band.

musiclover291
10-15-2004, 03:55 PM
I think we have to just wait and see. I will reserve judgement untill he starts touring.

RMadd
10-15-2004, 05:52 PM
when Stapp plays some creed songs acoutisc, then it's ok with me. I mean him alone on the guitar. But, when he plays them live with a band....agreed... i'm alright w/ acoustic, but a backup band that's not Creed? fuck no

The Lithium
10-15-2004, 05:59 PM
That's what I'm saying!

StillACreedFan
10-15-2004, 07:16 PM
agreed... i'm alright w/ acoustic, but a backup band that's not Creed? fuck no
I agree 100%.

ctfan
10-15-2004, 08:41 PM
This SUCKS big time!!

I just downloaded a fresh interview with him from PBF, and he said he will be playing Creed songs on his tour, which is awful!! Flip, Mark and Brian were such a big part of that band, it's not fair to them or the fans! He also played Higher live acoustic in the studio, now he did it really well, but it was still awful!! That's Mark's song Goddammit! It felt like he was playing a cover! AB have decided to never ever play a Creed song, and that is, to me, the right decision.

Very disappointing!

Mark has made it pretty clear that he's pretty much ashamed of Creed and it's music. I remember the comment he made about WAWO, and how people shouldn't remember them for that one song. Funny thing is...when I hear that song, Mark doesn't come to mind.

If Alter Bridge wants to perform Creed songs, I guess they could. I don't really see anyone stopping them from doing it. It would be hard though...because Myle's voice just doesn't fit. Maybe that's why they haven't. :)

Dogstar
10-15-2004, 08:54 PM
Mark has made it pretty clear that he's pretty much ashamed of Creed and it's music. I remember the comment he made about WAWO, and how people shouldn't remember them for that one song.

Could you cite the source on this one? Maybe I missed it, but I don't remember him saying that, or is that your interpretation of things he has said about Creed and its music?

TeriB19
10-15-2004, 08:56 PM
Mark has made it pretty clear that he's pretty much ashamed of Creed and it's music.
Where in the WIDE world did you get this from??? I'd love to see this documented someplace. Please post proof or retract.

Mark et al have moved on from Creed, but I'm sorry, I know Mark's never said he's been ashamed of Creed or their music. Perhaps he was ashamed of some of the behavior, but ashamed of the music?? When he wrote almost all of the music?? Really. I want what you're smoking. :smokin:

Trimontana
10-15-2004, 09:52 PM
Could you cite the source on this one? Maybe I missed it, but I don't remember him saying that, or is that your interpretation of things he has said about Creed and its music?

Man iīm with you again, every one insists about that Mark said this...or maybe itīs that you wanted that Mark would said...but he never did.

StillACreedFan
10-15-2004, 10:18 PM
I remember the comment he made about WAWO, and how people shouldn't remember them for that one song.
He's right though. WAWO isn't a great example of what Creed was.

Steve
10-15-2004, 11:21 PM
Mark has made it pretty clear that he's pretty much ashamed of Creed and it's music. I remember the comment he made about WAWO, and how people shouldn't remember them for that one song. Funny thing is...when I hear that song, Mark doesn't come to mind.

I'd like to see a source on this one as well. However giving you the benefit of the doubt, so what if Mark said that. It's a true statement isn't it? Why would you want your band to be known for one song? That's a "one-hit-wonder" band. Mark would be absolutely right in saying that. Sure, WAWO brought in all the fans when it was released as a single. That was the song that went mainstream. However there was much more to Creed than one song, and we all know it. I think that statement would simply mean that he doesn't want to be known as a one-hit-wonder band, which they obviously were not.

The Lithium
10-16-2004, 05:15 AM
Yeah, I will join the club here, where did you find out about the fact that Mark is ashamed for great songs he have written?

aussiecreeder
10-16-2004, 05:15 AM
i don't really have a problem with stapp covering a couple of creed songs a night
as long as he doesn't become creed with some orignal songs thrown it. my biggest fear is a GNR scenario.

jammy123
10-16-2004, 05:17 AM
the day he performs my sacrifice .....

The Lithium
10-16-2004, 08:59 AM
What about that day?

Trimontana
10-16-2004, 09:27 AM
the day he performs my sacrifice .....

First it was Higher and WAWO and now My sacrifice. Letīs guess what song Stapp will perform next....DSD??? or OLB???. What your recon guys??'.

Thatīs anoying!!!!!.

hockeymom97
10-16-2004, 10:50 AM
Why is everything AB says being dissected. This is the exact thing everyone complained about with Stapp and now you all are doing the same.

Mark & Flip have NEVER said that they were ashamed of Creed. They have always stated they were PROUD of their accomplishments and Creed is what made them what they were today.

As far as not singing Creed songs. Mark stated in an interview that they would not be doing them out of respect to the band members. He said that it wouldn't be fair to Myles to sing them and be compared to Scott and it wouldn't be fair to Scott to hear someone else singing them. He also stated that he wanted the new band and its music to stand on its own.

How is that trying to forget about Creed and his past? Being ashamed of Creed?

I don't get that feeling at all.

Trimontana
10-16-2004, 11:40 AM
Why is everything AB says being dissected. This is the exact thing everyone complained about with Stapp and now you all are doing the same.

Mark & Flip have NEVER said that they were ashamed of Creed. They have always stated they were PROUD of their accomplishments and Creed is what made them what they were today.

As far as not singing Creed songs. Mark stated in an interview that they would not be doing them out of respect to the band members. He said that it wouldn't be fair to Myles to sing them and be compared to Scott and it wouldn't be fair to Scott to hear someone else singing them. He also stated that he wanted the new band and its music to stand on its own.

How is that trying to forget about Creed and his past? Being ashamed of Creed?

I don't get that feeling at all.

Iīm so happy that another person can see the reality. Thanks 1000 times. ;)

creedlvr
10-16-2004, 01:37 PM
What interview did Mark say these things? I've heard him say that he wouldn't be playing Creed songs, but not in that much detail.

Anyway, I don't think it's a great idea for Scott to play Creed songs just because I think it would take away from his solo efforts. However, the thought of never hearing any of those songs played live again is also very sad.

I do think, though, that it would be alot harder for AB to pull it off only because it just wouldn't sound right to hear a voice other than Scott's singing those songs. Some may disagree, but to me, the voice is what makes the difference. If Scott sings and the backing band plays the songs properly, the songs will sound the same. That's not to say that some might not be offended to see another band playing music that Mark wrote. I'm just saying that the songs would sound the same. They wouldn't with Myles singing them.

I think Scott should focus on his solo stuff. However, if he changes the music and sings songs like WAWO ... ones that he mostly had influence on, I guess it's not so bad. Like I said, I just think it's a shame to never hear such great songs sung live ever again.

Steve
10-16-2004, 02:07 PM
It was in the November issue of Metal Edge magazine. And it was Scott Phillips who said it.

I think, for us, it's not fair to Myles to come into this and make it a Creed tribute band with three members, and still do original music, and it's not fair to the fans that come to see it. Scott was definately a big part of Creed, with his voice, and I don't think it's fair to anybody, all the way around. We just want to be our own band, that's a new band, and have people specifically come to see that, not just to hear My Own Prison.

creedlvr
10-16-2004, 03:39 PM
Thanks Steve!

Shadow
10-16-2004, 04:03 PM
I'm glad Scott will be singing the songs he wrote when he was part of Creed. After hearing him sing Higher and WAWO this past week, any sadness I still had about the break-up went out the window.

The Lithium
10-16-2004, 04:08 PM
I'm glad Scott will be singing the songs he wrote when he was part of Creed. After hearing him sing Higher and WAWO this past week, any sadness I still had about the break-up went out the window.
WAWO, where did you got that one? The PBF board?

I'mRational
10-16-2004, 04:24 PM
What I don't understand is that the same people who thought it would be wrong for AB to play Creed material are the same people who think it is alright for Stapp to do Creed material.

Shadow
10-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Hey Lith - it's up on the PBF board. Once again, Scott was amazing.

And just FYI - I was able to get through to Scott when he was on the radio last night on Open House Party. I asked him about playing Creed songs and his response to me bascially was - "Why shouldn't I play the songs I wrote". I agree with him 100%. He was a pleasure to speak to.

BobbyMcGee
10-17-2004, 08:57 PM
This SUCKS big time!!

Very disappointing!

Why is it disappointing. Scott wrote those songs he can sing them if he wants to. AB has already said they won't do Creed songs. So that is their decision. Scott is proud of his time with Creed as well he should be. Too bad the others don't feel that way.

Yep! And Scott did an awesome job!
Infant depakote (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/depakote/)

Dogstar
10-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Just because AB aren't playing Creed songs does NOT mean they aren't proud of what they accomplished as Creed. Please cite the source where they say they aren't proud of the music they created.

BobbyMcGee
10-17-2004, 09:03 PM
Just because AB aren't playing Creed songs does NOT mean they aren't proud of what they accomplished as Creed. Please cite the source where they say they aren't proud of the music they created.

Gladly:

mark answered a question about WAWO crossing the band over to pop music...mark said..."please don't remember us for that song."
________
LOVE HELP FORUM (http://www.love-help.org/)
________
Ford Lightning (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVe_phSVeTk)

Dogstar
10-17-2004, 09:05 PM
Oh please, as if that's an indictment of all of their music.

BobbyMcGee
10-17-2004, 09:07 PM
Oh please, as if that's an indictment of all of their music.

Didn't WAWO win them a grammy?
________
Expert Insurance (http://xpertinsurance.com/)
________
ST. CATHARINES COMPONENTS PLANT (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/St._Catharines_Components_Plant)

Dogstar
10-17-2004, 09:08 PM
I don't pay much attention to the Grammys. They are pretty useless and they don't mean squat, really.

BobbyMcGee
10-17-2004, 09:16 PM
I don't pay much attention to the Grammys. They are pretty useless and they don't mean squat, really.

It's still an award. You think Mark and Flip are willing to give their grammy's back?
________
Website design (http://hostndesign.com)
________
Wellbutrin attorneys (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/wellbutrin/)

Dogstar
10-17-2004, 09:22 PM
It's a pointless award, really. It's all about money and what's selling, it's not about judging actual talent. You even have to pay to even be considered. The Grammys are a joke, and really, that's not the issue. Mark tends to be on the harder side, music-wise, so I would expect him not to want to Creed to be remembered for only WAWO. That doesn't mean he's not proud of what Creed accomplished. For him, it's in the past. And to be honest, AB couldn't really get away with doing Creed songs, because it wouldn't be Scott singing them. There is less animosity about Scott singing them because he was the voice on the songs. I see no difference, really. I don't think either one should play/sing the Creed songs if Creed is dead. I would hate to see Scott at a concert singing Creed songs without Mark and Flip in his band. Just my 2 cents.

StillACreedFan
10-17-2004, 09:46 PM
What does that quote about WAWO show? I think a lot of creed fans would agree with Tremonti. Creed has plenty of songs that are a lot more indicative of who they are than WAWO.

Dogstar
10-17-2004, 09:49 PM
What does that quote about WAWO show? I think a lot of creed fans would agree with Tremonti. Creed has plenty of songs that are a lot more indicative of who they are than WAWO.
Exactly.

Trimontana
10-17-2004, 09:53 PM
Answering about awards:
I donīt think my lovely Mr Tremonti and my sweet Flip have to return back any award cos: Creed did not win NONE grammy award. Check it in the advance search from: www.grammyawards.com

All the awards Creed won you can check it at: www.creed.com/news.html

Bridge of Clay
10-17-2004, 10:27 PM
no, Tremonti and Stapp won for best rock song...

Trimontana
10-17-2004, 10:29 PM
no, Tremonti and Stapp won for best rock song...

Are you sure it was a grammy?

Trimontana
10-17-2004, 10:31 PM
Search Results Search Again.
( 1 matches found)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GRAMMY Winner Mark Tremonti & Scott Stapp,songwriters.
Genre Rock
GRAMMY Category Best Rock Song
Year 2000 - 43rd Annual GRAMMY Awards
Title of the Work With Arms Wide Open
Artist Performing Work Creed

( Page 1 of 1 )

You are right man. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DekWannaBFlea
10-18-2004, 08:08 AM
I can't believe Scott is covering creed songs.....Wow.....I would rather hear scott sing the national anthem over and over again instead of hearing scott sing creed songs without the rest of creed. At least out of respect or something.

Shadow
10-18-2004, 02:24 PM
I can't believe Scott is covering creed songs.....Wow.....I would rather hear scott sing the national anthem over and over again instead of hearing scott sing creed songs without the rest of creed. At least out of respect or something.
Scott is not covering anything. There are his songs to perform if he wants to. He wrote the lyrics and it was his voice that sang the songs. I say way to go Scott!!!!

Steve
10-18-2004, 03:08 PM
There's more to songs than just lyrics. Just an FYI.

fluttergirl
10-18-2004, 03:09 PM
but the band he will be touring with will not include tremonti, flip, marshall, or even hestla. I have no problem with him singing it, and if he wants to learn how to play the guitar, fine, but having another band play creed this soon after the breakup is disrepectful, and tacky, IMO. It would be the same thing as Myles Kennedy singing WAWO or MS.

RockGoddess
10-18-2004, 05:11 PM
Are you sure it was a grammy

The Grammy was on display in the home. (No, I have not seen it but I was told by a member of the Tremonti family that it was in fact on display) That's how ashamed Mark is of WAWO and what Creed accomplished.

(In fact, it was Stapp who totally dissed the Grammy award)

If Stapp wants to perform Creed songs let him. If that is what brings him happiness and a sense of pride and satisfaction, fine!

But I do think that the Creed breakup and the formation of Alter Bridge is A LOT like a divorce and a new marriage. Why continue to re-visit a marriage that is over? Work on the one you're in now, and let go of the other.

Torn Daredevil
10-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Technically, if "Creed" is not playing the songs, they are covers.

So, Scott WOULD be covering Creed songs. FYI.

Dogstar
10-18-2004, 05:50 PM
That's splitting hairs, Hellboy. He and Mark wrote the songs, so I woudn't call them covers in the conventional sense. Jerry Cantrell still plays Alice songs, but I don't consider those covers, given that he wrote most of their stuff. If you created the songs and you recorded them, they're still your songs.

DekWannaBFlea
10-18-2004, 07:19 PM
That's splitting hairs, Hellboy. He and Mark wrote the songs, so I woudn't call them covers in the conventional sense. Jerry Cantrell still plays Alice songs, but I don't consider those covers, given that he wrote most of their stuff. If you created the songs and you recorded them, they're still your songs.

How about we call them cover/originals? Seems to be easiest. Consider that Scott did not create any of of the back ground music.

Shadow
10-18-2004, 09:50 PM
Just FYI......Scott is proud of his Grammy and has it on display in his studio.

DekWannaBFlea
10-18-2004, 11:36 PM
Just FYI......Scott is proud of his Grammy and has it on display in his studio.

I am sure tremonti is proud he won the award but i don't think he is trying say he hates the song or creed or whatever. He just wants to move on with creating music and not worry about what happened 4 years ago.

johellion
10-19-2004, 11:01 PM

Everybody is actin like he's gonna do a full blown Creed concert, when actually he may only be referring to one or two songs a night, and throwing in a few of the classic rock cover songs he's already alluded to. I'm guessing he would sing WAWO...most people expect him to sing it, considering the source of the inspiration for it. :D

Geezzzzzz. :wtf: ....give it a break....AB has ONE album right now....When Creed had ONE album they played the eleven or twelve songs they had on it!!!! That is the way it issssssss!!!...AB, Do change the songs around....It is not like seeing the same show!!! I went to Voodoo in NO.....It was GREAT!!! They did do a Deep Purple cover that blew everyones mind!! Totally awesome!! :D

Trimontana
10-19-2004, 11:09 PM
Geezzzzzz. :wtf: ....give it a break....AB has ONE album right now....When Creed had ONE album they played the eleven or twelve songs they had on it!!!! That is the way it issssssss!!!...AB, Do change the songs around....It is not like seeing the same show!!! I went to Voodoo in NO.....It was GREAT!!! They did do a Deep Purple cover that blew everyones mind!! Totally awesome!! :D

Do you remember the cover songs name????

aussiecreeder
10-19-2004, 11:31 PM
Do you remember the cover songs name????

they have being playing deep purple's highway star of late so i would assume it was that song! :)

facelessman
10-20-2004, 05:59 AM
i dont know about this. i dont feel like its right for scott to play creed songs. although he did write most of the lyrics, who did the music? mark. and the words would be nothiing without the music. i dont thing its right for him to do that.

The Lithium
10-20-2004, 08:47 AM
Hey Lith - it's up on the PBF board. Once again, Scott was amazing.

And just FYI - I was able to get through to Scott when he was on the radio last night on Open House Party. I asked him about playing Creed songs and his response to me bascially was - "Why shouldn't I play the songs I wrote". I agree with him 100%. He was a pleasure to speak to.
I have the answer to that: because it's MARK's songs, your lyrics... Not your songs! I think it's cool if he wants to play Lullaby, WAWO and DSD, but not more than that.

bobben
10-20-2004, 04:45 PM
Good that he doesn't let go!! Means that he still believes in Creed and their songs!

ctfan
10-21-2004, 12:09 AM
Good that he doesn't let go!! Means that he still believes in Creed and their songs!

I hear ya!!!!! :)

DekWannaBFlea
10-21-2004, 12:07 PM

Well generally when you create a new band you try to shed the image of your old band. Considering you are trying to establish your sound. If you play cover songs of your old band it looks like your just trying to live off the old band's success. Now this doesn't mean that you no longer believe in your old band, it just means you want progress with the thing you like to do (music), instead of looking to the past.

Ill ask you this, Would you want Audioslave playing Rage or soundgarden covers? I know i wouldn't. Morello playing Soundgarden's background? Cornell raping? OMG. IT's the same with creed/Alterbridge/Mayfield 4. They are trying to establish a sound that isn't creedish because creed is no more!

kariyanine
10-21-2004, 12:14 PM
I have the answer to that: because it's MARK's songs, your lyrics... Not your songs! I think it's cool if he wants to play Lullaby, WAWO and DSD, but not more than that.

I have a question for you Lith...... and I'm not disputing your argument that they are Mark's songs. But they are just as much Scott's, Flip's and Marshall's songs as they are Mark's. More so Mark and Scott because they wrote them (together). If Scott wants to play Creed songs on tour then so be it. To tell the truth if Scott is going to give me a two hour show of his solo stuff and Creed stuff I will be more than happy to shell out the money. There are plenty of solo artists or even bands that do their old stuff. Jimmy Page and Robert Plant do Zepplin stuff, Peter Cetera does Chicago stuff, Sting does Police stuff. even Slash and the VR guys do GNR and STP stuff.

kariyanine
10-21-2004, 12:17 PM
Well generally when you create a new band you try to shed the image of your old band. Considering you are trying to establish your sound. If you play cover songs of your old band it looks like your just trying to live off the old band's success. Now this doesn't mean that you no longer believe in your old band, it just means you want progress with the thing you like to do (music), instead of looking to the past.

Ill ask you this, Would you want Audioslave playing Rage or soundgarden covers? I know i wouldn't. Morello playing Soundgarden's background? Cornell raping? OMG. IT's the same with creed/Alterbridge/Mayfield 4. They are trying to establish a sound that isn't creedish because creed is no more!

Dek that's a good point but Scott isn't forming a new band as far as we know. It looks like he will be touring as Scott Stapp not as part of a band. My last post had some very succesful solo artists (and band) that play some of their old band's material.

Soundslave
10-21-2004, 04:34 PM
It isn't right for a different band to be playing the music which Creed originally performed. It really is the same as Myles singing Creed stuff, except it wouldn't sound as normal with Myles singing. Sure, another band can learn the music to Creed songs, but so can any cover band. If Stapp wants to perform Creed songs, he should play them acoustically himself.

DekWannaBFlea
10-21-2004, 11:47 PM
Dek that's a good point but Scott isn't forming a new band as far as we know. It looks like he will be touring as Scott Stapp not as part of a band. My last post had some very succesful solo artists (and band) that play some of their old band's material.

It still applies, is the tea party the background of creed? No. Then they shouldn't play the songs with stapp.

TeriB19
10-22-2004, 07:54 AM
My question is this. In the interviews Scott did in the spring on Kilborn, BDSSE and the like, he said the new stuff he is working on (with whomever he was working with) was going to be far different that the Creed stuff. His exact quotes escape me for the moment, but I remember something about your back speakers thumping, and we all joked that he was going to be Stapp Doggy Dog. How well would this new music mesh with him playing Creed stuff live? I can't see him doing Bullets, some sort of poppy-rappy-something or other, then Illusion, etc. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

cariocawlad
10-22-2004, 03:28 PM
The truth is that Stapp is taking a long long time to show us something new! It's becoming very hard to be patience and wait! All we hear till then it's a music made for a soundtrack and nothing more...

All we can do is speculate. We don't know what kind of music he will realease cause he said to much things about it. We got rap, tea party and that other roadrunner band that I can't remember the name now. To resume: we haven't any clue about it. :wtf:

Bridge of Clay
10-22-2004, 04:25 PM
Goneblind...

He never said he would do rap. Just coz 7Aurelius was working with him, people assumed it was gonna be rap... bullshit.

The Lithium
10-22-2004, 07:31 PM
I have a question for you Lith...... and I'm not disputing your argument that they are Mark's songs. But they are just as much Scott's, Flip's and Marshall's songs as they are Mark's. More so Mark and Scott because they wrote them (together). If Scott wants to play Creed songs on tour then so be it. To tell the truth if Scott is going to give me a two hour show of his solo stuff and Creed stuff I will be more than happy to shell out the money. There are plenty of solo artists or even bands that do their old stuff. Jimmy Page and Robert Plant do Zepplin stuff, Peter Cetera does Chicago stuff, Sting does Police stuff. even Slash and the VR guys do GNR and STP stuff.
Dude, that's not a question!

The Lithium
10-22-2004, 07:32 PM
My question is this. In the interviews Scott did in the spring on Kilborn, BDSSE and the like, he said the new stuff he is working on (with whomever he was working with) was going to be far different that the Creed stuff. His exact quotes escape me for the moment, but I remember something about your back speakers thumping, and we all joked that he was going to be Stapp Doggy Dog. How well would this new music mesh with him playing Creed stuff live? I can't see him doing Bullets, some sort of poppy-rappy-something or other, then Illusion, etc. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Things have changed now and now he says his new material will sound a lot like Creed.

JulieCitySlicker
10-22-2004, 09:40 PM
Meh!

BobbyMcGee
10-28-2004, 05:04 PM
Answering about awards:
I don?t think my lovely Mr Tremonti and my sweet Flip have to return back any award cos: Creed did not win NONE grammy award. Check it in the advance search from: www.grammyawards.com

All the awards Creed won you can check it at: www.creed.com/news.html

Oh really:

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/SHOWBIZ/Music/02/21/grammy.winners/

Rock Song (award goes to songwriter):

"With Arms Wide Open," songwriters: Scott Stapp and Mark Tremonti(Creed)
________
LovelyWendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)
________
Ecigarette 123 (http://www.ecigarettes123.com/)

The Lithium
10-28-2004, 05:59 PM
I think that's right

Trimontana
10-28-2004, 08:46 PM
Oh really:

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/SHOWBIZ/Music/02/21/grammy.winners/

Rock Song (award goes to songwriter):

"With Arms Wide Open," songwriters: Scott Stapp and Mark Tremonti(Creed)

After that post i made another one correcting myself:

Search Results Search Again.
( 1 matches found)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GRAMMY Winner Mark Tremonti & Scott Stapp,songwriters.
Genre Rock
GRAMMY Category Best Rock Song
Year 2000 - 43rd Annual GRAMMY Awards
Title of the Work With Arms Wide Open
Artist Performing Work Creed

( Page 1 of 1 )

You are right man. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This post is on page 4...so donīt give that shit ok????

benkenobi
10-28-2004, 09:04 PM
My view on this is that nobody but Creed should play CREED SONGS!!! Scott Stapp is only one man, and doesn't make up the band. Alter Bridge is 3/4's Creed and they won't even play Creed songs. They said it isn't fair to Scott. He should have the same respect towards them, and create something new for his solo career because I'm sure it would turn out okay.

fluttergirl
10-29-2004, 12:38 AM
That's pretty much what I've been trying to say, thank you. Very succinct. :D

BobbyMcGee
10-31-2004, 09:16 PM
My view on this is that nobody but Creed should play CREED SONGS!!! Scott Stapp is only one man, and doesn't make up the band. Alter Bridge is 3/4's Creed and they won't even play Creed songs. They said it isn't fair to Scott. He should have the same respect towards them, and create something new for his solo career because I'm sure it would turn out okay.

But he wrote 99.9% of the songs, then why is it wrong for him to sing them? It seems to me that the rest of the guys are ashamed of Creed (oh could you please give back the money you made)............Scott wrote those songs he is very proud of them. Yeah Creed was made up more from than one person.....but they sold how many 1,000's of records from those lyrics????????? Hmm reminds me of "don't bite the hand that feeds you....."

If a/b doesn't want to sing them then fine....life goes on......I see no problem in Scott doing them.
________
Enzo (car) (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Enzo_Ferrari_(car))
________
LOVE FORUM (http://www.love-help.org/)

BobbyMcGee
10-31-2004, 09:19 PM
They said it isn't fair to Scott. He should have the same respect towards them, and create something new for his solo career because I'm sure it would turn out okay.

Excuse me..........I never heard any of them say that. I seem to remember them saying in an interview (MTV to be exact) that they would never do CREED songs but if Scott wanted to they had no problem with that. In fact I believe Flip said that.................
________
Herbal Vaporizers (http://herbalvaporizers.info)
________
PREGNANT MOVIES (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/34/pregnant/videos/1)

TeriB19
10-31-2004, 09:32 PM
It seems to me that the rest of the guys are ashamed of Creed (oh could you please give back the money you made)............Scott wrote those songs
Again I'll ask, where the hell are you getting this??? Where in the world is it written that they said they are ashamed of Creed??? Post proof or retract.

fluttergirl
10-31-2004, 11:15 PM
But he wrote 99.9% of the songs
Hell, just retract out of stupidity. Here, I'll use a REALLY simple explanation, k?

song - [n] a short musical composition with words; "a successful musical must have at least three good songs

Ahem. Here, allow me to draw your attention to this phrase with words
Ok. Have we got that?

99.9%? He would have to AT LEAST play an instrument. (Another hint- he doesn't.)
Let's be generous here, and say he wrote 1/4 of Creed's music. 1/4....99.9%.....Hmmmmm...
He wrote the minority. If he would like to go up there and sing with no drums, no guitar, electric or acoustic (save him learning it himself, or if theres some mystery song that Tremonti DIDNT do the guitar work on), whoopty doo. If Creed songs had just been him doing that, he would have flopped. Because, no matter what 'special meaning' (Cough*rose colored glasses *Cough) those songs held for you, he COULD not have made it purely on his vocals. Period.

This thread holds no purpose any longer. The people who love Scott Stapp religiously will find no fault in it, and the people who love AB will see no meaning in him singing the songs. It's just causing more division on this board.

Steve
11-01-2004, 01:10 AM
Yeah Creed was made up more from than one person.....but they sold how many 1,000's of records from those lyrics????????? Hmm reminds me of "don't bite the hand that feeds you....."

The lyrics would be nothing without the backing musical arrangements.

jammy123
11-01-2004, 05:10 AM
absolutely

Trimontana
11-01-2004, 05:36 AM
Excuse me..........I never heard any of them say that. I seem to remember them saying in an interview (MTV to be exact) that they would never do CREED songs but if Scott wanted to they had no problem with that. In fact I believe Flip said that.................

Maybe you never heard say that to the guys cuz you just pay attention at what Stapp does....

Trimontana
11-01-2004, 05:01 PM
I really donīt give a damm if Stapp sings Creed songs at his concerts, if the guys don't mind either.

Letīs be fare here for a sec and let me say that maybe Stapp wrote the lyrics for all thatīs songs but Tremonti wrote all the melodies. And what are words without a melody...is like Tremonti gave to all those words shape and life. If it wasnīt for Tremo maybe today we couldnīt listen to all that wonderful songs. With that i am not taken any merit to Stapp as a song-written. I canīt say the same about the todaysīs Stapp...and i donīt wanna say anything definite about it till i can listen to his solo album...but i donīt feel like his songs are gonna to be so touchy.

Say that there are many people defending Stapp and against AB....And for that reason i believe that all those Creed fans, and that still consider like that, and supporting right now Stapp say that i donīt think they were such a fans..cos Creed were 4 people and not just 1. Creed were four guys singing songs with meaning, deep feelings and emotions and not just a "piece of flesh".

Dogstar
11-01-2004, 05:11 PM
The lyrics would be nothing without the backing musical arrangements.
:thumbsup:

OneOmerta
11-01-2004, 07:29 PM
Say that there are many people defending Stapp and against AB....And for that reason i believe that all those Creed fans, and that still consider like that, and supporting right now Stapp say that i donīt think they were such a fans..cos Creed were 4 people and not just 1. Creed were four guys singing songs with meaning, deep feelings and emotions and not just a "piece of flesh".

:wtf:
I can't even understand what you are saying here LOL!

let me see if I get this right...because some people defend Stapp...they are against AB? Which I hate to tell ya...not everyone who defends Stapp is against AB. There are many people who are looking forward to both projects...and who know enough to keep their mouths shut when it comes to badmouthing band members about the separate directions these guys have chosen to go. Also...those that are supporting Stapp and not AB were not Creed fans to begin with? LMAO...too funny. I've seen posts by you that indicate that your not much of a Stapp fan yourself...so if I use your analogy...you obviously were never a Creed fan then ;)

Trimontana
11-01-2004, 07:57 PM
What i am trying to say is that the most Creed fans who support Stapp arenīt AB fans...those fans support him; defending him to the point that he is almost perfect...and AB are just saying crap against him and they donīt feel proud about the past. You can check certain Stapp website to understand what i am saying.
I am not a 100% Stapp supporter, thatīs for sure, cuz i think he has second intentions in all the interviews he had made actually at the different radio stations. I feel very proud to be a Creed fan but i feel very proud to be an AB too, and i feel very offended when it comes to twist some declarations AB made. And those declarations are not accepted for those "JUST" Stapp fans.

creedlvr
11-01-2004, 10:19 PM
Letīs be fare here for a sec and let me say that maybe Stapp wrote the lyrics for all thatīs songs but Tremonti wrote all the melodies. And what are words without a melody...is like Tremonti gave to all those words shape and life.
I was under the impression that Scott wrote the lyrics and most of the melodies and Mark wrote the music and some of the melodies. Is that not correct?

Creed were four guys singing songs with meaning, deep feelings and emotions and not just a "piece of flesh".
With respect to songs with meanings and deep feelings, I would relate that more to the lyrics than the music.

fluttergirl
11-01-2004, 10:35 PM
Ummm, I'm not in a band, but I think the melody is written by the guitar player?
Someone who is?

Dogstar
11-01-2004, 10:42 PM
With respect to songs with meanings and deep feelings, I would relate that more to the lyrics than the music.
For me, the music is as much a part of the emotion and feeling as the words. Look at A Perfect Circle's cover of Imagine. By changing the focus of the music, it changed the whole vibe of the song and offered a very different mood from the original. Yes, words alone can be moving, but with music, it's the combination that creates the total package. Look at classical music. Some of that music has brought me to tears and there are no words to a lot of it. I can think of some very moving rock instrumentals as well: Metallica's Call of Ktulu and Orion, Alice In Chain's Whale & Wasp, Jerry Cantrell's Hurts, Don't It? and Mad Season's November Hotel. How about Stevie Ray Vaughn's version of Little Wing? That one sends chills down my spine.

creedlvr
11-01-2004, 11:52 PM
That's very true ... often times music alone can be very moving. I guess for me, though, I tend to look to the lyrics more. I can start out not even liking a song ... and then once I hear the lyrics, if I can relate to them, I end up liking the song.

creedlvr
11-01-2004, 11:59 PM
Ummm, I'm not in a band, but I think the melody is written by the guitar player?
Someone who is?
I don't think there is any set rule or anything. I think it just comes down to each group of people and what works for them. Like I said, for this particular group of people, I thought that Scott was mostly responsible for lyrics, Mark for the music and both of them for the melodies with Scott contributing to more of them.

Maybe I'm wrong ... but that was my understanding.

Dogstar
11-02-2004, 01:24 AM
That's very true ... often times music alone can be very moving. I guess for me, though, I tend to look to the lyrics more. I can start out not even liking a song ... and then once I hear the lyrics, if I can relate to them, I end up liking the song.
That's cool and I can understand that. It's always the music that gets me first and then the lyrics. But it's interesting how the words, once I learn them, can change the texture of a song for me and make the experience different. Music's just so damn cool :D

caseycarson
11-08-2004, 06:19 PM
Do you people get mad when Ozzy plays songs like Paranoid or Iron Man during his solo shows. No? Why not? Well Geezer Butler and Tony Iommi had a lot to do with those songs.

How about when Robert Plant sings Stairway to Heaven or other Zeppelin classics in his solo tours? No? Why not? Page had a lot to do with those songs.

BECAUSE THEY ARE THE VOICE OF THEIR RESPECTIVE BANDS!!!!!!

Stapp will be able to play Creed songs just as brilliantly now as he did back in the Creed days.....maybe even better. I know none of you want to admit it, but the band he is with a band now has a lot more talent than Creed EVER did. They were a great band, though.

aussiecreeder
11-09-2004, 01:28 AM
Do you people get mad when Ozzy plays songs like Paranoid or Iron Man during his solo shows. No? Why not? Well Geezer Butler and Tony Iommi had a lot to do with those songs.

How about when Robert Plant sings Stairway to Heaven or other Zeppelin classics in his solo tours? No? Why not? Page had a lot to do with those songs.

BECAUSE THEY ARE THE VOICE OF THEIR RESPECTIVE BANDS!!!!!!

Stapp will be able to play Creed songs just as brilliantly now as he did back in the Creed days.....maybe even better. I know none of you want to admit it, but the band he is with a band now has a lot more talent than Creed EVER did. They were a great band, though.

you had a fair point with your comparison to those bands but you blew it with that last comment. an unknown band such as goneblind has more talent than the alter bridge guys minus myles? hahhahaha
if you're talking the tea party i would admit those guys are talented (very much so) but martin is not as good as tremonti.

Jooji_2
11-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Velvet Revolver played Birmingham on November 5th. I just saw the review of the concert in the Sunday edition of the News. The review said that they played both Guns N Roses tunes and Stone Temple Pilot tunes in addition to their own....and that the crowd loved it. :D

Dogstar
11-10-2004, 02:41 PM
Whoopie do. Those groups (STP and GNR) had been pretty much done for years. For some of us, not enough time has passed to allow for hearing anyone but ALL the original members doing Creed stuff.

fluttergirl
11-10-2004, 05:20 PM
It's like a man and a woman being married for ten years, and having a kid. Both get involved with other people, but they don't put the new person in the parental position that the other filled. A lot of fans, myself included, are merely wishing there was some time, for it to heal a little bit before they hear someone else playing Creeds music with Stapp, thats all. We're not saying 10 years from now it shouldnt be allowed.

Jooji_2
11-10-2004, 05:56 PM
Whoopie do. Those groups (STP and GNR) had been pretty much done for years. For some of us, not enough time has passed to allow for hearing anyone but ALL the original members doing Creed stuff.

To each his or her own....if you don't want to hear it don't buy the record and don't attend the concerts...No one is going to force you to listen to anyone playing anything by Creed if you you don't wish to.

Dogstar
11-10-2004, 07:06 PM
To each his or her own....
Exactly.

Your comparison wasn't a good one, IMO, because as I said, those groups were done for a while. I agree with Fluttergirl. Let some time pass for those of us who aren't ready to hear anyone but Creed do Creed.

Jooji_2
11-11-2004, 04:41 PM
Exactly.

Your comparison wasn't a good one, IMO, because as I said, those groups were done for a while. I agree with Fluttergirl. Let some time pass for those of us who aren't ready to hear anyone but Creed do Creed.

Actually A Greatest Hits compilation called "Thank You" was released by Stone Temple Pilots on November 11, 2003. I believe that was a year ago today. So actually its been longer than that since anyone has heard Creed play Creed.

fluttergirl
11-11-2004, 05:25 PM
Youre not getting it. STP was an awesome band. I think I even have one of their CDs.
Creed was a much more powerful band in the effect it had on people. I cant even count how many ppl have said that Creed changed their lives. That they broke up and with other people we can accept. That the other people would recreate Creed, even for a few songs, without it being Crred leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.
It has nothing to do with facts or CD releases, it has to do with emotions and time.

Dogstar
11-11-2004, 05:26 PM
Actually A Greatest Hits compilation called "Thank You" was released by Stone Temple Pilots on November 11, 2003. I believe that was a year ago today. So actually its been longer than that since anyone has heard Creed play Creed.

Durrrr. I'm talking about the actual breakup and you know that is the sore point with a lot of Creed fans. And that's been since June. It's still too new. How many times do you need it explained to you? You keep coming up with such lame situations to back up your opinion. Give it up. I'm happy you want to hear Creed played by whoever. I don't.

Bridge of Clay
11-12-2004, 06:22 AM
I'm not losing my time with them, Kerry...

TeriB19
11-12-2004, 08:56 AM
I'm not losing my time with them, Kerry...
It is pretty pointless Marcos. Like banging your head against the wall. You know I'm a Stapp fan, but he is fallable like the rest of us. Unfortunately they don't see it that way.

Jooji_2
11-12-2004, 04:59 PM
The thing is....if you don't want to hear him play Creed songs...then
DON'T GO TO SEE HIM IN CONCERT!

I don't believe he's made any statement that he is re-recording Creed songs and putting them on his solo album...so if you don't want to hear it..just don't seem him live.

If the decision to play Creed tunes is a turn off, I'm sure he will hear about it...actually I'm guessing he already knows what kind of reaction those comments are getting. And if that decision turns on him, or maybe I should say, turns out to be a BAD decision....he'll deal with it.

fluttergirl
11-12-2004, 05:03 PM
Still not getting it there, dear. It's not that we wont go see him, or not buy his CD. Its that we listened to him with the other guys in Creed for so long, and it hurts that he has already found replacements, less than a year after the breakup. I haven't seen him in concert, and I'm hurt by it. You dont have to personally be present for something to affect you. This rubs me the wrong way, and not going to a concert isn't going to change it, its a matter of principle.

Jooji_2
11-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Still not getting it there, dear. It's not that we wont go see him, or not buy his CD. Its that we listened to him with the other guys in Creed for so long, and it hurts that he has already found replacements, less than a year after the breakup. I haven't seen him in concert, and I'm hurt by it. You dont have to personally be present for something to affect you. This rubs me the wrong way, and not going to a concert isn't going to change it, its a matter of principle.

And Alter Bridge didn't find a replacement? :confused: Geez there were celebrations in the streets when Tremonti and Phillips placed an ad for a new singer. Actually there were people here batting around band names like "Stapp-Free" and such. Kennedy was on board long before a breakup was even mentioned. So can I be hurt too? They had to find a singer....Stapp has to find a new band. Like I said, if there are negative repercussions from the decision, he will deal with it. It's not like controversy surrounding everything he does isn't what he expects. But if it makes people feel better to be hurt then go right ahead. Whatever floats your boat or rubs you the wrong way. Some people just simply aren't as upset over it as others.

Steve
11-12-2004, 05:40 PM
And Alter Bridge didn't find a replacement? :confused: Geez there were celebrations in the streets when Tremonti and Phillips placed an ad for a new singer. Actually there were people here batting around band names like "Stapp-Free" and such. Kennedy was on board long before a breakup was even mentioned. So can I be hurt too? They had to find a singer....Stapp has to find a new band. Like I said, if there are negative repercussions from the decision, he will deal with it. It's not like controversy surrounding everything he does isn't what he expects. But if it makes people feel better to be hurt then go right ahead. Whatever floats your boat or rubs you the wrong way. Some people just simply aren't as upset over it as others.

Again, you aren't getting the point. The issue isn't about Stapp finding a new band, or "ex-Creed" guys finding a new singer. It's about performing Creed songs with a band that is not 100% Creed so early on after the breakup. I may be wrong, but I think the point that fluttergirl was making was that Stapp found replacements to perform Creed songs - as he said they'd perform Creed songs live. Not just the simple fact that Stapp found a band to back him.

If Alter Bridge started performing Creed songs right now, I would be upset as well. I think it would be cool to hear Myles sing a Creed song or two, but not now. It's just not right.

fluttergirl
11-12-2004, 05:45 PM
No. Alter Bridge made a new band, with new music, they did not find a new lead singer to play Creed songs.
Be upset that the band broke up? Sure. Be hurt. Lots of people were and a lot of people are. Thats the whole point. And how does it make people feel better to feel hurt? Thats an oxymoron, its impossible.
Its not that they are with other people. AB is making NEW music. Stapp is making new music, but I cant understand why he's playing Creed songs at this point in time. If he wanted to do it for the Creed fans, why didnt he write a new song, and make it sound like Creed? Thats what aB did with OYE and others on ODR.
i dont know what else to say. Ive explained it the best I can. Unless youre intentionally not understanding my side. In which case, I give up. I'm not asking you to agree, nor would I ever expect you to.

fluttergirl
11-12-2004, 05:48 PM
Sorry bout the double post, but Steve's post wasnt there when i last looked. And yes that was what I was trying to say. And yes, I would be upset if Myles sung a Creed song.

TeriB19
11-12-2004, 06:08 PM
Steve said exactly what the point is. AB didn't find a 'replacement' for Stapp. Myles won't be singing any Creed songs. He's not Stapp's 'replacement'. He's the lead singer for a NEW band. When Keith Moon died, The Who tapped Kenny Jones as a replacement drummer. They were still The Who. The didn't break up at the time. Creed broke up. And it's just too soon to think of hearing Stapp sing Creed with someone playing Tremonti's melodies and Flip's drum beats.

Steve
11-12-2004, 08:10 PM
Also, just to set the record straight, I'm not saying Stapp can't play Creed songs. He can if he wants. I don't care. My point is that he shouldn't play Creed songs. I'm not telling Stapp what to do, I'm just voicing my opinion on this topic. Like fluttergirl said, I'm not trying to make anyone agree with me. Myself, and others who agree, are simply trying to get those who disagree to at least understand our point of view. It seems that many "die-hard" Stapp supporters do not.

Dogstar
11-12-2004, 08:38 PM
Again, you aren't getting the point. The issue isn't about Stapp finding a new band, or "ex-Creed" guys finding a new singer. It's about performing Creed songs with a band that is not 100% Creed so early on after the breakup. I may be wrong, but I think the point that fluttergirl was making was that Stapp found replacements to perform Creed songs - as he said they'd perform Creed songs live. Not just the simple fact that Stapp found a band to back him.

If Alter Bridge started performing Creed songs right now, I would be upset as well. I think it would be cool to hear Myles sing a Creed song or two, but not now. It's just not right.
Well said.

Mr. Prophet Man
11-13-2004, 12:38 AM
link to the interview please?

The Lithium
11-19-2004, 08:25 AM
Also, just to set the record straight, I'm not saying Stapp can't play Creed songs. He can if he wants. I don't care. My point is that he shouldn't play Creed songs.
Well said, man!

cariocawlad
11-19-2004, 09:52 AM
He is looking like Axel and his new Guns n' Roses...

The Lithium
11-19-2004, 10:29 AM
Who? Scott?

Agent D
11-19-2004, 03:04 PM
Who? Scott?

No, Scott Weiland haha.

Bridge of Clay
11-19-2004, 03:07 PM
Besides, if Stapp is doing Creed songs, it sounds like lack of creativity to me. I know he has potential to do more songs that are as good as his previous work with Creed. Granted it won't be so good guitar wise, but lyrically and vocally, yes.

livetodream
11-24-2004, 01:25 PM
I think Scott can do whatever he wants to do. At th end of the day he wrote the lyrics os the song so what!!!! AB is offering something new, something fresh, a new vision all of them share. Scott doesnīt need to ask anyone what he needs to sing...we will see the results of his solo career. Any way i wish him good luck.
My some of these threads are intense!! LOL Well I think a lot of the CREED songs are personal to Scott...if they are a part of him or important to him then let the man do what he needs to do!!

fluttergirl
11-24-2004, 02:46 PM
And are they not personal to the guys in alter bridge?
Are they not personal to th fans as songs collectively played by those four (five counting Brett) guys?

Torn Signs
11-24-2004, 03:31 PM
And are they not personal to the guys in alter bridge?
Are they not personal to th fans as songs collectively played by those four (five counting Brett) guys?

It can be viewed in so many ways that the ultimate person to choose what will be done is God himself. And Stapp still sings w/ the strength with those songs. I get you where you want the same background music and all, that that is sort of disrespect for the fans and AB, that Stapp may be wrong for doing so, but those songs shouldn't die either cuz their messages are still important. I don't want it to just be where I have to buy the greatest hits CD or expect the radio to play old hits to hear those messages.

livetodream
11-24-2004, 03:31 PM
I am sure that some of the songs are personal to the other guys as well, and they have the right to play them, just choose not too. There is no real right or wrong here just a matter of choice for them as well as for us, we can like the idea or we can hate it ya know. Just working in this industry for so long I guess i tend to see both sides of the coin and try to have a fair view of it.

livetodream
11-24-2004, 03:33 PM
It can be viewed in so many ways that the ultimate person to choose what will be done is God himself. And Stapp still sings w/ the strength with those songs. I get you where you want the same background music and all, that that is sort of disrespect for the fans and AB, that Stapp may be wrong for doing so, but those songs shouldn't die either cuz their messages are still important. I don't want it to just be where I have to buy the greatest hits CD or expect the radio to play old hits to hear those messages.
Amen!!! if the man chooses to play them then so be it, if anyone disagrees or doesn't like it then they can choose not to go see him when he tours.

StappsSaviour
11-24-2004, 07:38 PM
yea well i dont really mind, but as sum1 did say(cant rememba hu) he has alot of his own potential... but in the end i guess it would be better 4 stapp 2 b doin that a lil more in the future... memories... :( and :)

fluttergirl
11-25-2004, 01:01 AM
What?
Thjis isnt about God, its about fans not feeling its the right time for this. Waiting a few years wont kill anything, so I dont know where that came from. And it was hardly background music. There isnt background music in a three man band, where only two play instruments. And there are still CDs and such to hear the songs on. Its Stapp having three new ppl, less than a year after the breakup, playing Creed songs.
All hell would break loose if AB played WAWO.
Why is it ok the other way around?

bmf
03-26-2005, 12:11 AM
:killtard: :thewave: :shit: What?
Thjis isnt about God, its about fans not feeling its the right time for this. Waiting a few years wont kill anything, so I dont know where that came from. And it was hardly background music. There isnt background music in a three man band, where only two play instruments. And there are still CDs and such to hear the songs on. Its Stapp having three new ppl, less than a year after the breakup, playing Creed songs.
All hell would break loose if AB played WAWO.
Why is it ok the other way around?

fluttergirl
03-26-2005, 11:51 AM
awesome first post dude.

revisfoot
03-26-2005, 12:59 PM
and welcome to the boards. And, fluttergirl, you are absolutely right. I don't understand it either. But, hey just look at it like this -- at the rate Stapp is going, none of us will still be alive to hear him play Creed songs on tour! Because I'm starting to hardly believe it will happen in my lifetime!

fluttergirl
03-26-2005, 01:12 PM
im more confused about why a post i made in a thread from november is being quoted with no actual comment, but hey. lol. whatever.

GregS
04-23-2005, 08:18 PM
If Stapp wants to play creed songs let him be. If AB aint gonan play any he can do what he wants. Ye he wrote half the lyrics to like all their songs anyway and along with his new solo stuff thats comin out in august alittle creed here and there would be gr8 at his concerts IMO.

Dogstar
04-23-2005, 08:23 PM
Well, at the rate he's going, he probably won't tour until next year, so maybe I'll be over my not wanting him to do Creed songs without the rest of Creed.

GregS
04-23-2005, 08:32 PM
Hmm ye proberly will be until next year until we see him touring. Im getting alittle annoyed at how long hes been taking but when he eventally does release his album in August i would of thought of him touring maybe late september/ early october but we will just have 2 wait and see..

Mulletman
04-24-2005, 12:17 AM
I personally could care less. He's not reinventing the wheel, the songs have been written and documented. So if one goes to see him, the music will sound like Creed and the singer will sound like Creed.

GregS
04-24-2005, 06:11 AM
Yes but if the people are creed fans its good rite ?

tremonti4life04
04-25-2005, 04:54 AM
for the sake of respect to his fellow band members, i think that he should refrain from playing creed songs. Imagine this. You are in a rock band, and you wrote a lot of the music for this band. Well, after a while the band breaks up, and the next thing you know, your one ex member is going out playing all of your music with a different band, and that band is making major bucks from your hard work, the blood, sweat, and tears you put into that music. They are basically capitalizing off of something they didnt write. Stapp needs to rethink that angle, because honestly, it would create less problems for him, and i think that in the long run he is going to attract a lot of media dislike for what he's going to do. Im not trying to be a dick, but i see his career going down the drain completely if he starts doing creed songs all the time. Its a matter of opinion, and i know im opening pandoras box when i say stuff like that, but its how i feel. I dont want a big argument, and to be told that im a moron, because its how i feel about whats going to happen to him.

Mulletman
04-25-2005, 10:47 AM
If that were truely an issue, the rest of the members would do what is necessary to stop him.

RMadd
04-25-2005, 01:14 PM
the music will sound like Creed and the singer will sound like Creed.
the latter of the two points is correct, but i couldn't disagree more w/ the former. after watching his performance at the NASCAR awards, I hope to hell that he doesn't play any Creed songs. Higher just plain sucked there. for one, it wasn't Tremonti. guy didn't play like Tremonti, didn't sound like Tremonti, just wasn't Tremonti.

tremonti4life04
04-26-2005, 01:41 PM
the latter of the two points is correct, but i couldn't disagree more w/ the former. after watching his performance at the NASCAR awards, I hope to hell that he doesn't play any Creed songs. Higher just plain sucked there. for one, it wasn't Tremonti. guy didn't play like Tremonti, didn't sound like Tremonti, just wasn't Tremonti.

Can I GET AN AMEN BROTHER!!!!

titan9
04-26-2005, 01:45 PM
Scott sounded great, vocally, at those Nascar awards. But the music........horrible. Those guys could not play Higher. Either they didn't practice it much, or Higher is just too difficult for them. It sounded nothing like Tremonti. If you're gonna perform that song(or any other Creed song) get a band that at least can play that song. Otherwise, it'll sound bad no matter how great the vocals are.

Dogstar
04-26-2005, 03:27 PM
Right on, Titan.

Trimontana
04-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Scott sounded great, vocally, at those Nascar awards. But the music........horrible. Those guys could not play Higher. Either they didn't practice it much, or Higher is just too difficult for them. It sounded nothing like Tremonti. If you're gonna perform that song(or any other Creed song) get a band that at least can play that song. Otherwise, it'll sound bad no matter how great the vocals are.

completly agree. i dont think stapp sounded bad, maybe the best performance after Creed area...but the band sounded awefuly bad. Noone can replace Tremonti, Phillips and Marshall anyway.

titan9
04-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Yeah, you are right. No one can really replace Tremonti, Phillips or Marshall. But, if Stapp is going to perform Creed songs on tour, he needs to at least have a band that can play the songs decently. I can honestly say that, if I practiced Higher enough(and I am a novice at Guitar, by the way) and thoroughly worked on it, I could have at least performed it decently. Not as good as Tremonti, but at least a decent performance GoneBlind's performance of it stunk.........and they're professional musicians!

Trimontana
04-26-2005, 04:41 PM
yep. you see, when Marshall (one can be as good as Marshall) was replaced by Brett even i wasnt happy cos he left, i though he did a great job as a bassist. now i suppose that stapp will have a decent band when he starts turing tho. cos i cant really image a crappy band playing such a awesome songs. it would be like destroy a Picasso paint....ooohhh i dont wanna image it, lol.

titan9
04-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Yeah, agreed. He better have a good band backing him, or else the concerts won't be as good as they could be. Stapp vocals + decent backing band=Awesome concert. All Stapp needs to do is get a good band in there and he'll be fine. He has the connections to get a good band, so I don't see why he couldn't do that. We'll see, though.

RMadd
04-28-2005, 12:58 AM
maybe the best performance after Creed area...
well..... yeah.... you've got that and the God Bless America in game 4 of the world series

creedlvr
04-28-2005, 10:48 AM
Aren't they (Gone Blind) the band that Scott is recording with and will most likely be touring with? I hope they'll be good. Maybe they were deliberatly trying to do it differently to not copy the original and we are just not used to it??

Agent D
04-29-2005, 05:54 PM
Aren't they (Gone Blind) the band that Scott is recording with and will most likely be touring with? I hope they'll be good. Maybe they were deliberatly trying to do it differently to not copy the original and we are just not used to it??

You mean they might've been trying to suck? Yeah, that's a good sign. :rolleyes:

titan9
04-29-2005, 09:31 PM
You mean they might've been trying to suck? Yeah, that's a good sign. :rolleyes:

Haha. You've definitely got a point there, Agent D.:laugh:

Agent D
05-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Haha. You've definitely got a point there, Agent D.:laugh:

lol i thought so

jmhonline
10-06-2005, 02:45 AM

I have to agree. I just bought the scott stapp greatest hits cd (I mean Creed), and I then downloaded the nascar performance. That band sucked big time comparatively. If you get a decent band behind Scott, it is "almost" like Creed again.

INDIGOSTEVE
10-06-2005, 04:07 AM
then AB shouldn't do other peoples songs either? enough said!

creedlvr
10-07-2005, 12:09 AM
I didn't say I thought they were trying to suck. Just that they didn't intend to sound like the original since they are not the original band.

INDIGOSTEVE
10-07-2005, 04:02 AM
but the band he will be touring with will not include tremonti, flip, marshall, or even hestla. I have no problem with him singing it, and if he wants to learn how to play the guitar, fine, but having another band play creed this soon after the breakup is disrepectful, and tacky, IMO. It would be the same thing as Myles Kennedy singing WAWO or MS.
myles couldn't do justice to any creed songs, and if you don't want to see him then don't go to his shows! AB did covers and myles doing zepplins was a joke!

Trimontana
10-07-2005, 04:42 AM
myles couldn't do justice to any creed songs, and if you don't want to see him then don't go to his shows! AB did covers and myles doing zepplins was a joke!

We are not interested to see Myles sing Creed songs...we wanna see Myles sing what hes singing now...AB songs.

About that thise Zeppelin covers were a joke....i would like to see you singing those...if you despise so much Myles how you know how he sang? I can't believe you went to an AB gig in the way you hate them. If that the case i think you are def, Myles is even better live.

jmhonline
10-07-2005, 10:28 AM
myles couldn't do justice to any creed songs,

Comparing Stapp singing creed songs and myles singing creed songs is like apples and oranges. As already evidenced in this forum, creed fans wouldn't mind listening or seeing Stapp sing Creed songs as long as the band can play them. They know that Stapp is Creed for many people. A writer from an article even said Stapp defined the band:

"In four months, Alter Bridge has risen from the smoldering pyre that was Creed, the most commercially successful rock group of recent years. The offering was Scott Stapp, whose voice and likeness defined the band but whose ideals, priorities and health no longer fit its mission".
http://www.alterbridgeband.net/media/articles/10-29-04_mikedaniel.html

AB knows this and isn't happy about it. They also know that the reason they sold so many records is because of Stapp. Where would Creed be without all the "christian/spiritual" fans?

"One of Creed's trademarks was the spiritual, almost religious, underpinning of many of the lyrics. According to Tremonti, that was Stapp's doing, not his."

"Our songs are just about the human condition. Just about everyday, and about life. Creed was more poetic; Scott, in his lyrics, would always relate them to the verses in the Bible. I don't know the Bible, so Myles and I write from our personal experiences; that's all we really know how to do. It's not quite as poetic and theatrical as the Creed stuff."
http://www.alterbridgeband.net/media/articles/2-6-05_ProvidenceJournal.html

Creed7352
10-07-2005, 12:16 PM
AB knows this and isn't happy about it. They also know that the reason they sold so many records is because of Stapp. Where would Creed be without all the "christian/spiritual" fans?

so you speculate...you don't know shit about what they think cause you're not them and you don't know them.

my guess is that Creed would've still been big without the "christian/spiritual" fans...they weren't ALL "christian/spiritual" fans.

myles doing zepplins was a joke!

LMAO!! thanks for the laugh, i needed that today. that is pure opinion on your part there.

jmhonline
10-07-2005, 12:23 PM
so you speculate...you don't know shit about what they think cause you're not them and you don't know them.

its a free country. I can speculate all I want. The facts speak for themselves.

my guess is that Creed would've still been big without the "christian/spiritual" fans...they weren't ALL "christian/spiritual" fans.

big is a relative term. I think they would have been "successful" but not even close with Stapp.

LMAO!! thanks for the laugh, i needed that today. that is pure opinion on your part there.
just call it as I see it as you do.

Creed7352
10-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Quote: LMAO!! thanks for the laugh, i needed that today. that is pure opinion on your part there.
just call it as I see it as you do.

that's not me quoting you...lol

and i'm done now, i don't want steve to close another thread. as he said, this has been argued before...i wasn't around for it, but i don't want to rehash it anymore.

jmhonline
10-07-2005, 01:41 PM
and i'm done now, i don't want steve to close another thread. as he said, this has been argued before...i wasn't around for it, but i don't want to rehash it anymore.

If you were done and didn't want to rehash it anymore, you wouldn't have joined in the discussion and made yet another reply attacking people who don't think like you do.

Creed7352
10-07-2005, 01:51 PM
riiiight.

Bridge of Clay
10-07-2005, 03:29 PM
If you were done and didn't want to rehash it anymore, you wouldn't have joined in the discussion and made yet another reply attacking people who don't think like you do.
and aren't you doing the same thing???

jmhonline
10-07-2005, 03:33 PM
and aren't you doing the same thing???

? Go back and ready my initial reply to indigo. i wasn't attacking him. I was adding to his comments in support

Bridge of Clay
10-07-2005, 03:35 PM
And Stapp wouldn't do justice to any AB or M4 song...

What doors fans think of Stapp singing Roadhouse Blues or Riders on the Storm??? I bet they'd rather listen to the original.

doh... your "logic" is illogical... Did you ever hear the word "biased" ?

Bridge of Clay
10-07-2005, 03:37 PM
? Go back and ready my initial reply to indigo. i wasn't attacking him. I was adding to his comments in support
I'm talking about you and Ryan (Creed7532).

jmhonline
10-07-2005, 03:43 PM
And Stapp wouldn't do justice to any AB or M4 song...

What doors fans think of Stapp singing Roadhouse Blues or Riders on the Storm??? I bet they'd rather listen to the original.

doh... your "logic" is illogical... Did you ever hear the word "biased" ?

Have you? You shouldn't speak of logic with comments like stapp singing ab or m4 songs.

Bridge of Clay
10-07-2005, 04:01 PM
I said it with sarcasm, using your "logic". You should've noticed it.

Unless you want me to draw it for you so you can understand... :lol

jmhonline
10-07-2005, 04:56 PM
I said it with sarcasm, using your "logic". You should've noticed it.

Unless you want me to draw it for you so you can understand... :lol

my response to your comment doesn't hinge on whether you were being sarcastic or not.

Bridge of Clay
10-07-2005, 05:16 PM
Go back and ready my initial reply to indigo. i wasn't attacking him. I was adding to his comments in support
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you? You shouldn't speak of logic with comments like stapp singing ab or m4 songs.

So according to your all mighty thoughts that are above right and wrong you're saying it's ok to compare Myles to Stapp if the first sang Creed songs but it's totally wrong if anyone but not you or indigosteve makes the same comparisson the other way around ???

jmhonline
10-07-2005, 05:23 PM
So according to your all mighty thoughts that are above right and wrong you're saying it's ok to compare Myles to Stapp if the first sang Creed songs but it's totally wrong if anyone but not you or indigosteve makes the same comparisson the other way around ???

No, wasn't saying that.

INDIGOSTEVE
10-07-2005, 05:52 PM
I would like to give an example here Stevie Nicks was in fleetwood mac when she wrote landslide and I saw her do this at ceasars palace in las vegas 4 times this summer, and it was amazing the crowd went nuts! and it was incredible! so if Stapp does something like What If at his shows :smokin: :smokin: I can't wait! and for those who don't care to here him do old creed songs well then don't pay to go to his shows? thats pretty much your choice?

Creed7352
10-07-2005, 06:30 PM
i don't mind him doing the songs, i just think on this radio promo for his new album he should stick to new songs...maybe that's cause we haven't heard any of his new stuff, other than TGD, and i want to hear more...but even if not that, it just seems weird for him to do creed to promote solo stapp.

uncertaindrumer
10-07-2005, 09:27 PM
No, wasn't saying that.

Then you were saying....?

Chase
10-07-2005, 09:46 PM
Exactly, Chris Cornell has done both Soundgarden AND Rage Against the Machine Songs at Audioslave concerts. The same goes for Scott Weiland in Velvet Revolver... he's done Stone Temple Pilot songs.

tremonti4life04
10-08-2005, 12:18 AM
Ive made this statement many times, and i will make it one more time. I think that stapp shouldnt do any creed songs. Basically because that is utter disrespect to Alter Bridge and Creed fans. Think about it. If you were in a highly sucessful band, sold millions of albums, made millions of dollars, then split up, would you want one of the other members of the band capitalizing off of your blood, sweat, and tears. Last i checked, Scott stapp doesnt play guitar (very well) drums, or bass....So what gives Goneblind the right to play the backing instruments to the songs that Tremonti, Flip, and Marshall made. Its absurd to think that stapp would do that. Before you think that what im saying is "one sided" think about what you would do if you and one of your friends wrote an awesome story for literature class, and then the next day your friend walked into the classroom, handed in the entire story, and got credit for something that you worked on as well.

jmhonline
10-08-2005, 12:36 AM
Ive made this statement many times, and i will make it one more time. I think that stapp shouldnt do any creed songs. Basically because that is utter disrespect to Alter Bridge

why should he care about alter bridge fans?

and Creed fans.

If creed fans pay to hear his concert knowing that he will play a couple creed songs, they probably don't mind.

Think about it. If you were in a highly sucessful band, sold millions of albums, made millions of dollars, then split up, would you want one of the other members of the band capitalizing off of your blood, sweat, and tears.

how would he be capitalizing off it? I doubt he will sell many tickets to people who want to sit through the majority of a concert just to hear 1 or 2 songs at the end. They will most likely be paying to hear his new stuff. A couple of covers will just be a bonus.

Last i checked, Scott stapp doesnt play guitar (very well) drums, or bass....So what gives Goneblind the right to play the backing instruments to the songs that Tremonti, Flip, and Marshall made. Its absurd to think that stapp would do that. Before you think that what im saying is "one sided" think about what you would do if you and one of your friends wrote an awesome story for literature class, and then the next day your friend walked into the classroom, handed in the entire story, and got credit for something that you worked on as well.
How would credit be taken away from the other guys? Nobody can replace them. Plus from another thread, I think it is the consensus that gone blind sucked playing Higher for the nascar awards (I thought they did too). Unless they just didn't have time to practice it enough, I don't think many people will want to hear Creed songs with that setup. I don't think it is absurd that the former lead singer covers a few songs for the fans if it doesn't suck like previously mentioned. Probably won't ever be the same or as good, but it might be cool with a decent band behind him.

tremonti4life04
10-08-2005, 12:55 AM
Well, apparently someone wouldnt mind if their friend stole their homework assignment. Believe me, i kinda like stapp, dont really dig his new song that much, but its ok. He was a part of a band that i loved for years, and to be quite honest with you, if i do get tickets to a show of his, and he does play a creed song, i will be the first to boo his ass off the stage. Its a musician thing, you have to be a musician in order to respect another musicians point of view on this kind of matter. I dont respect scott stapp for deciding to play creed songs on tour, and i think that overall, he will recieve a lot of bad feedback for it. Would you still respect him if he put a creed song on his new album. Believe me, if Alter bridge played creed songs on tour, i would lose quite a bit of respect for them, and mark tremonti is the reason i play guitar today. Scott stapp is my vocal influence, it takes a lot for a musician to lose respect for an influence, but stapp crossed a very bad line with me when he did Higher with Gonedeaf, i mean blind, at that Nascar award show.

INDIGOSTEVE
10-08-2005, 09:55 AM
I think you are just a wannabee! and I cant wait to hear the creed songs he wrote and is planning on performing! we want creed songs! you are in the minority here. and if you know he's doing creed songs and dont want to hear them then don't go! you aren't welcome trust me! and alter bridge live well I saw them and they were lousy no magic here...

uncertaindrumer
10-08-2005, 12:33 PM
I think you are just a wannabee!

A wannabe what? Your intelligent comments are underwhelming in quantity.

and I cant wait to hear the creed songs he wrote and is planning on performing!

Good for you.

we want creed songs!

No, YOU want Creed songs.

you are in the minority here.

Don't let the fact that you are on a SCOTT STAPP board fool you. No Stapp fan will EVER be in the majority on ANYTHING related to him. The majority either hates his guts, is sick of him, or doesn't even remember him. And for the sake of argument let's say you were in the majority. Would that change anything? Uh... NO. The majority means that more people agree with you then disagree. It doesn't make it right or wrong.

and if you know he's doing creed songs and dont want to hear them then don't go!

Good advice, that. But it is not the point. The point is that he is mooching off of other's success. I could not really care about Creed songs in the first place since I think 3/4 of them suck. But if I was in a band, wrote ALL of the music to EVERY song, then split up, made my own band and let the old band R.I.P., I would be rather ticked off if someone else went around living off of my hits. So would you. You just let your personal bias stand in the way of your judgement.

you aren't welcome trust me!

Like you have any business saying anything like that. Your arrogance and lack of civility are OVERwhelming.

and alter bridge live well I saw them and they were lousy no magic here...

What is it with Stapp fans and cheap shots? This has nothing to do with Alter Bridge's live show. Who gives a crap about AB's live show? First off, they do put on a heck of a show, but second, why on Earth would you bring that up? The only possible reason would be to piss people off, and in that you succeeded. You pissed me off. And you can ask Ana4Stapp what happens to people who piss me off :cool:

INDIGOSTEVE
10-08-2005, 01:01 PM
:(

Ana4Stapp
10-08-2005, 01:40 PM
You pissed me off. And you can ask Ana4Stapp what happens to people who piss me off :cool:

LOL Uncertain!!! You want me to say that all of them were ...BANNED??? :rolleyes:

INDIGOSTEVE
10-08-2005, 01:44 PM
So you are going to ban people for their opinions because they aren't the same as yours?

Trimontana
10-08-2005, 01:57 PM
I think you are just a wannabee! and I cant wait to hear the creed songs he wrote and is planning on performing! we want creed songs! you are in the minority here. and if you know he's doing creed songs and dont want to hear them then don't go! you aren't welcome trust me! and alter bridge live well I saw them and they were lousy no magic here...

YOU want Creed songs. Creed is over, Creed were 4 people and NOT just an individual. If Stapp would love Creed that much he would respect the fact that Creed wasnt just himself but obviously hes just a selfish person. Thats why i couldnt never go to one of his gig cause i dont respect him even like a musician. Even like musician his only sell himself as that he was and not cause his new material. If thats the way is gonna be, he cant count that i will be buying his cd.

uncertaindrumer
10-08-2005, 02:24 PM
So you are going to ban people for their opinions because they aren't the same as yours?

I don't ban anybody. I am not a moderator or anything close. There is just this weird problem of everyone who ever gets into a big argument with me getting banned... seriously, it is like an epidemic.

Creed7352
10-08-2005, 03:03 PM
i heard in a radio interview the other day that stapp thinks his solo album is just creed album #4....and that he's just got a new backing band. that should speak volumes.

and if tremonti, flip, marshall, and hestla were just a backing band, i'd kill to have a backing band like that!

Dogstar
10-08-2005, 03:29 PM
i heard in a radio interview the other day that stapp thinks his solo album is just creed album #4....and that he's just got a new backing band. that should speak volumes.

and if tremonti, flip, marshall, and hestla were just a backing band, i'd kill to have a backing band like that!
He really said that?? Nice dig, LOL. He has been smart to keep his mouth shut :D.

ryen
10-08-2005, 05:13 PM
im with dogster on this one. if mark and scott pillips want to do creed songs with ab if they miss them songs that much to where they want to sing them in a differnt band then creed just needs to get back to gather. if not then they need to leave to creed songs alone and move on. only the songs playd on the radio by creed can ceary the lagcey now

Creed7352
10-09-2005, 04:48 AM
im with dogster on this one. if mark and scott pillips want to do creed songs with ab if they miss them songs that much to where they want to sing them in a differnt band then creed just needs to get back to gather. if not then they need to leave to creed songs alone and move on. only the songs playd on the radio by creed can ceary the lagcey now

:wtf:

mark and flip ARE leaving the creed songs alone.

uncertaindrumer
10-09-2005, 01:59 PM
You missed his point...

tremonti4life04
10-09-2005, 02:14 PM
I personally cant wait to hear stapp do creed songs on tour, i think its gonna be media fuel, people are gonna laugh at him, and the concert-goers are going to be completely blindsided when they go to a concert and hear stapp plugging away on creed songs. People who dont read the message boards are really in for quite a shitty suprise. I just cant wait to see this train wreck, it will be quite wicked. Quite a few people hate him enough as it is, so this should be a beautiful thing....

ryen
10-09-2005, 02:56 PM
I personally cant wait to hear stapp do creed songs on tour, i think its gonna be media fuel, people are gonna laugh at him, and the concert-goers are going to be completely blindsided when they go to a concert and hear stapp plugging away on creed songs. People who dont read the message boards are really in for quite a shitty suprise. I just cant wait to see this train wreck, it will be quite wicked. Quite a few people hate him enough as it is, so this should be a beautiful thing....

hi how ya doin there tramanti look at it this way why u are pokeing fun at scott stapp cuz he is so much better then u and u cant take it. he is going to read this one day and say ha ha ah dome ass i could buy your home away frome u just cuz i have to money to do it. your all so crazy if it was not for stapp then there would be no such thing as creed every says he is hated i dont see termanti or pillps with donations out there to help others i herd that scott gave heracan rlife 30,000 hell u dont see them doing that eather sounds like to me the members of alter brige shold be laphed at

INDIGOSTEVE
10-09-2005, 03:14 PM
try proof reading before you post :eek: and it took all of them to create CREED not just one of them!

uncertaindrumer
10-09-2005, 03:15 PM
hi how ya doin there tramanti look at it this way why u are pokeing fun at scott stapp cuz he is so much better then u and u cant take it. he is going to read this one day and say ha ha ah dome ass i could buy your home away frome u just cuz i have to money to do it. your all so crazy if it was not for stapp then there would be no such thing as creed every says he is hated i dont see termanti or pillps with donations out there to help others i herd that scott gave heracan rlife 30,000 hell u dont see them doing that eather sounds like to me the members of alter brige shold be laphed at

Wow. I am not sure if I have ever read a more obnoxious, typo filled, grammarless, pitiful post in my life.

Please learn to speak, then learn some civility, then after all that, maybe there will be something to talk about.

creedtributeban
10-09-2005, 04:17 PM
who cares if he plays creed songs..i hope he does.. you should come see my band e are the nations best creed tribute.......
:smokin:
http://www.myownprison.biz

creedtributeban
10-09-2005, 04:19 PM
i have tons to trade, plus i have alter bridge..

http://www.myownprison.biz

tremonti4life04
10-09-2005, 05:36 PM
All i gotta say is, wow, you really cant spell dude.

Im sure that stapp could buy my house if he wanted to, the thing is, i wouldnt sell it to him cuz he's a piece of shit, almost like you, the only difference is, he can hire people to spell for him.

Dogstar
10-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Um, lighten up, guys. Maybe English isn't ryen's first language. We do have a lot of international folks here :D

titan9
10-09-2005, 06:03 PM

If Stapp actually thinks/says that, then I've lost a ton of respect for him.

Dogstar
10-09-2005, 06:04 PM
That's why I want to hear this before I pass judgment.

titan9
10-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Same here. I want to actually hear him say that, in an interview, before I get really ticked off. I've already said that him playing Creed songs, on tour, bothers me because it is, imo, disrespectful to not only Flip, Brian and Mark, but also to the legions of Creed fans who are against the idea. The only songs I wouldn't be offended at him playing are "With Arms Wide Open" and "Lullaby". If I'm at a Stapp concert and he plays a song like "One" or "My Own Prison", I'm going to be absolutely disgusted.

uncertaindrumer
10-09-2005, 06:08 PM
Um, lighten up, guys. Maybe English isn't ryen's first language. We do have a lot of international folks here :D

International folks don't use "u". Dogstar, you have been around long enough you should know when its a netspeaker and when its a different language speaker ;-) lol, it is all good, just messing around.

I don't mind so much when people spell bad as when they are just obnoxious.

Dogstar
10-09-2005, 06:09 PM
International folks don't use "u". Dogstar, you have been around long enough you should know when its a netspeaker and when its a different language speaker ;-) lol, it is all good, just messing around.

I don't mind so much when people spell bad as when they are just obnoxious.
LOL, I'm just trying to give him a break since he's new :D. He hasn't really been obnoxious or anything.

Dogstar
10-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Same here. I want to actually hear him say that, in an interview, before I get really ticked off. I've already said that him playing Creed songs, on tour, bothers me because it is, imo, disrespectful to not only Flip, Brian and Mark, but also to the legions of Creed fans who are against the idea. The only songs I wouldn't be offended at him playing are "With Arms Wide Open" and "Lullaby". If I'm at a Stapp concert and he plays a song like "One" or "My Own Prison", I'm going to be absolutely disgusted.
*Shudders* I don't even want to think of him doing MOP or One without the other Creed guys. I think I would have to walk out :D.

titan9
10-09-2005, 06:14 PM
I agree with you there. I'd probably boo as soon as I heard the first few notes, then I'd walk out of the concert in disgust, probably shouting something at Stapp. I mean, I'm a big fan of Stapp, but you just don't touch Creed songs when you are a solo artist....PARTICULARLY my two favorite Creed songs. :laugh:

Dogstar
10-09-2005, 06:18 PM
I agree with you there. I'd probably boo as soon as I heard the first few notes, then I'd walk out of the concert in disgust, probably shouting something at Stapp. I mean, I'm a big fan of Stapp, but you just don't touch Creed songs when you are a solo artist....PARTICULARLY my two favorite Creed songs. :laugh:
:laugh: Same here! I don't know if I'd boo but I definitely would leave in a huff.

titan9
10-09-2005, 06:20 PM
I'd probably TRY to make a scene of it, so he could actually see how disgusted some Creed fans are with the idea. I hope there are other Creed fans who feel like I do at that concert, so hopefully we fans can get the point across. :laugh:

Dogstar
10-09-2005, 06:22 PM
I smell a revolution!

ryen
10-09-2005, 07:30 PM
That's why I want to hear this before I pass judgment.

i know scott well do grat and what makes a differnts if i can spell right or not termonite or how ever u spell that apeantley it was good a noff if u culd read it. i dont cear what ya say about me or what u thank about me but im not going to set back and let u talk shit on some one who has helped me therw hard times in my life and give me grat times at the same time :( :( :( . i cear a lote about others and i have some one waching over me and im sure he is waching over scott to.

Trimontana
10-09-2005, 07:45 PM

Thats the whole point. Titan, i couldnt explain it better ;)

Trimontana
10-09-2005, 07:47 PM
i know scott well do grat and what makes a differnts if i can spell right or not termonite or how ever u spell that apeantley it was good a noff if u culd read it. i dont cear what ya say about me or what u thank about me but im not going to set back and let u talk shit on some one who has helped me therw hard times in my life and give me grat times at the same time :( :( :( . i cear a lote about others and i have some one waching over me and im sure he is waching over scott to.

hey man, i understand what you mean. Creed songs helped me through bad moments when i was alone and i didnt socialize with anyone.

Dogstar
10-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Um, I didn't talk any shit about anyone :confused:

Ana4Stapp
10-09-2005, 08:56 PM
Im with Titan here, I 'm a Stapp fan, but I'd rather not to see he singing any Creed songs (except maybe WAWO) and the reason its very simple: they were Creed songs, not Stapp songs! ;)

Dogstar
10-09-2005, 10:05 PM
Thank you.

titan9
10-09-2005, 10:23 PM
Im with Titan here, I 'm a Stapp fan, but I'd rather not to see he singing any Creed songs (except maybe WAWO) and the reason its very simple: they were Creed songs, not Stapp songs! ;)

'Zactly. If he wrote the music as well as the lyrics for those songs, I may not have a problem with it. But he, as far as I know, only did lyrics and vocals for Creed, so I don't think it is right of him to perform Creed songs, especially when Mark and him supposedly had a hand-shake agreement.

Ana4Stapp
10-09-2005, 10:35 PM
'Zactly. If he wrote the music as well as the lyrics for those songs, I may not have a problem with it. But he, as far as I know, only did lyrics and vocals for Creed, so I don't think it is right of him to perform Creed songs, especially when Mark and him supposedly had a hand-shake agreement.

Im my opinion EVEN if he had written the music and also the lyrics it doenst mean they were "his" songs, ya know? They were for Creed, he wrote them for Creed.When he was in Creed. Its the past.Now he has his solo carreer and he has to know how dealing with it or he wants to be forever 'Stapp -the guy from Creed'??? Hun?

titan9
10-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Yeah, you're right, even if he did do lyrics/music/vocals, I still may be offended by him doing those songs when he is a solo artist.

People have brought up how guys like Cornell and Weiland are doing songs on tour by their old bands. It doesn't bother me, because, to the best of my knowledge, they never agreed not to do those songs. Why I am so offended by Stapp doing Creed songs is that he and Mark had a hand-shake agreement and Stapp agreed with Mark NOT to perform Creed songs on his solo tour(s). Obviously, Mark has kept up his end of the deal, but Scott hasn't and is probably going to continue to break the deal on his solo tour. As an equal fan of both, that disappoints me.

uncertaindrumer
10-09-2005, 10:46 PM
LOL, I'm just trying to give him a break since he's new :D. He hasn't really been obnoxious or anything.

Well he wasn't to me... he was to Tremonti4life though.

Ana4Stapp
10-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Yeah Titan...waht bothers me its Stapp seems to forgot it, cuz one year ago (I think) he performed several times on radio tour not only Relearn Love (of course to promote it) but also Higher and WAWO...and considering WAWO was for his son, answer me wahts the meaning of singing "Higher" after Creed's end?????

ryen
10-09-2005, 11:56 PM
i wasnt talking about u dogstar i well say ab is a good band there music dose sound a lote like creed. but i just thank scott was the iceing on the cake and most lead singers are. dogstar knows why im suck a scott stapp fan and if iny one els wants to really know why just ask.

Dogstar
10-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Ok, was just confused since you quoted me, LOL :D

Creed7352
10-10-2005, 03:00 AM
alter bridge actually DID donate money to the hurricane relief...just about $30,000...did you mix that up and think it was stapp? i haven't heard about stapp giving any money to the relief fund. alter bridge did a concert recently down in florida and all the money made went to the relief effort.

ryen
10-10-2005, 06:41 AM
alter bridge actually DID donate money to the hurricane relief...just about $30,000...did you mix that up and think it was stapp? i haven't heard about stapp giving any money to the relief fund. alter bridge did a concert recently down in florida and all the money made went to the relief effort.

i might have i dont know man my life is so masted up right now im just losing my mind. and im sorry im taking it out on u all ab is a cool band and i just miss the hell out of creed.

The Lithium
10-10-2005, 07:54 AM
Im my opinion EVEN if he had written the music and also the lyrics it doenst mean they were "his" songs, ya know? They were for Creed, he wrote them for Creed.When he was in Creed. Its the past.Now he has his solo carreer and he has to know how dealing with it or he wants to be forever 'Stapp -the guy from Creed'??? Hun?
Yeah, I agree... I see it as a lack of creativity, self-confidence and pretty much just a caraoke show. Stapp, Brian, Mark or Flip should never ever play a Creed tune again, no matter what band they're in, unless they're together again. (And we all know that's not gonna happen). They are Creed songs, and that's it! Creed - not something else.

jmhonline
10-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Yeah, I agree... I see it as a lack of creativity, self-confidence ....

So you must feel the same for AB then. AB is trying to be like creed to get on radio.

The Lithium
10-10-2005, 09:46 AM
So you must feel the same for AB then. AB is trying to be like creed to get on radio.
What? ...good one... :confused: Mark wrote all songs for Creed and have written almost all of ABs. (Myles co-wrote 5 of them). Did the thought that maybe it's because Mark is the songwriter for both bands is the reason why you might think AB sounds like Creed ever cross your mind? (And AB so doesn't sound a lot like Creed).

I don't mind if Stapp sounds like Creed, what I said is that I think it would be "A lack of creativity, self-confidence and pretty much just a caraoke show" - If Scott would play Creed songs on tour. And don't give me some crazy shit that ABs cover songs sucks and so on! I like 'em!

jmhonline
10-10-2005, 10:20 AM
What? ...good one... :confused: Mark wrote all songs for Creed and have written almost all of ABs. (Myles co-wrote 5 of them). Did the thought that maybe it's because Mark is the songwriter for both bands is the reason why you might think AB sounds like Creed ever cross your mind? (And AB so doesn't sound a lot like Creed).

I don't think that. they don't have the voice or many of the lyrics of creed. That was from Mark himself.

The Lithium
10-10-2005, 10:32 AM
I don't think that. they don't have the voice or many of the lyrics of creed. That was from Mark himself.
Okay so good then... They don't sound like Creed? (I told you they didn't, but what the hell...) So correct me if I'm wrong, but this has been our conversation now:

Me - It sucks that Stapp will play Creed songs on tour, I think it's a lack of creativity.
You - So you must think the same about AB since they try to sound like Creed on the radio. (Which by the way had nothing to do with what I said)
Me - Well, I really don't think they do, but Mark wrote all the music for both Creed and AB and that might be the reason why you think they sound a like.
You - No, I don't think that and Mark himself said they don't. (Which means you, all of a sudden, just changed your opinion totally)

So are you trying to start a fight, do you have problems understanding english or are you just plain stupid?

Dogstar
10-10-2005, 11:01 AM
Hey, Lith, let's go easy on the name-calling, k? Thanks.

The Lithium
10-10-2005, 11:19 AM
Yeah okay... Sorry... Sometimes I do go too far...

Creed7352
10-10-2005, 11:58 AM
i might have i dont know man my life is so masted up right now im just losing my mind. and im sorry im taking it out on u all ab is a cool band and i just miss the hell out of creed.

hey no worries man...hope things get better for you.

HuMaN~ClAy
10-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I agree... I see it as a lack of creativity, self-confidence and pretty much just a caraoke show. Stapp, Brian, Mark or Flip should never ever play a Creed tune again, no matter what band they're in, unless they're together again. (And we all know that's not gonna happen). They are Creed songs, and that's it! Creed - not something else.

I totally agree w/ you.... I never got the chance to see Creed live and if by chance I go to a Stapp show and he plays Creed I'll be quick to leave and make my disgust known..... If Stapp and Tremonti had a hand shake agreement not to perform Creed songs they're not just slapping each other in the face by going back on that, they're slapping all of us in the face too....

I don't think Stapp is really the kind of person to do that... I highly suspect WU has some clause in his contract that they have some control over the music he performs....

The Lithium
10-10-2005, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I never got to see Creed live either, too bad. Although I've seen AB 2 times and they ROCK live!!!

Anyway... Have you seen the video where Stapp played Higher with Goneblind on the Nascar Award show? I just wanted to throw up when I saw that! Damn, I'm still angry 'bout that! So fake!

HuMaN~ClAy
10-10-2005, 01:29 PM
oh yea, i seen that..... it wasn't even good....

Creed7352
10-10-2005, 01:34 PM
to me, it wasn't so much that it seemed fake, it was just that scott's voice has been through a lot in the last couple years and you can really see/hear him struggle with it now. i hope he's not rushing this and his voice is ready.

The Lithium
10-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Yeah, well, that too. It was so much better before the Weathered tour! It sounds awesome on the HC album!

jmhonline
10-10-2005, 04:09 PM
Okay so good then... They don't sound like Creed? (I told you they didn't, but what the hell...) So correct me if I'm wrong, but this has been our conversation now:

Me - It sucks that Stapp will play Creed songs on tour, I think it's a lack of creativity.
You - So you must think the same about AB since they try to sound like Creed on the radio. (Which by the way had nothing to do with what I said)

sure it does. if ab has to try and sound like creed to get played on the raidio, they must lack creativity, etc.

Me - Well, I really don't think they do, but Mark wrote all the music for both Creed and AB and that might be the reason why you think they sound a like.
You - No, I don't think that and Mark himself said they don't. (Which means you, all of a sudden, just changed your opinion totally)

nope, mark said the part about sounding like creed, radio, etc.

So are you trying to start a fight, do you have problems understanding english or are you just plain stupid?

Were you born a jack-ass?

The Lithium
10-10-2005, 05:14 PM
Hey newbie, enough is enough! Your posts have no points and they are just extremely hollow and close minded! How long have you been here, a week? I've been here for years, don't just think you can lay down new rules here, just like that! If I were you I would be a little more carefull with my posts!

jmhonline
10-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Hey newbie, enough is enough! Your posts have no points and they are just extremely hollow and close minded! How long have you been here, a week? I've been here for years, don't just think you can lay down new rules here, just like that! If I were you I would be a little more carefull with my posts!

So thats it. You have been here longer, so you can be a jackass. Okay, no prob. Just try and consider that you may be closed minded.

uncertaindrumer
10-10-2005, 11:15 PM
sure it does. if ab has to try and sound like creed to get played on the raidio, they must lack creativity, etc.

AB sounds like Creed because they practically are Creed. The only signifcant differences are Tremo's solos and Myles' singing, both of which can be explained in their asbence from Creed.

Were you born a jack-ass?

He could ask the same question. You have done nothing but be a jerk since you came here, so far as I can see. Maybe the time off blinded me, I am not sure.