Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Can anyone play Mark's guitar solos on ODR note for note? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone play Mark's guitar solos on ODR note for note?

AndrewFromABRox
09-29-2004, 09:53 PM
Just wondering if anyone can, I personally haven't tried because i either cannot find them or they're in one of his weird tunings.

RMadd
09-29-2004, 10:48 PM
i can

Bridge of Clay
09-29-2004, 11:05 PM
It's drop D down a whole step.

AndrewFromABRox
09-30-2004, 11:39 AM
It's drop D down a whole step.
What is?

DekWannaBFlea
09-30-2004, 12:21 PM
No can do, I am a bassist......Plus i don't like marshall's parts that much...They are ok, but nothing exciting.

The Lithium
09-30-2004, 01:05 PM
i can
All the solos as fast as Mark?

RMadd
09-30-2004, 02:13 PM
haha, no, i was just kidding, i only know a few Creed chords on there (mostly the ones from WTLF)

The Lithium
09-30-2004, 05:19 PM
Well, I thought so. If you could you would've been famous!!

AndrewFromABRox
09-30-2004, 05:22 PM
I mean all the solo's in the whole album, not just the song ODR, I meant the whole ODR album (all 5 solos).

shiver
10-01-2004, 12:02 AM
I looked at the tab for the OYE solo and it's insane and I'm not that fast. That and I get tired playing other people's songs. I like to see what they are doing and try and take something away from it, but it takes something away from the song when you learn to play it. I dunno, just me. That and I hate to be one of those dorks that go into a guitar store and pick up a cheap guitar, plug into an expensive Marshall and play riff after riff and try to show off. Geez, you want to impress people, write and play your own fricking music...
Sorry I got off topic and on a rant. Oh well.

The Lithium
10-01-2004, 08:18 AM
Well, if anyone here could play the solos JUST like Mark and as fast as Mark they'd be famous rock 'n roll guitarists!!

AndrewFromABRox
10-01-2004, 09:56 AM
Well, if anyone here could play the solos JUST like Mark and as fast as Mark they'd be famous rock 'n roll guitarists!!
Not really, yea they would have the talent to be famous but there are thousands of undescovered guitarists that could kick marks butt, he's even said that before.

shiver
10-01-2004, 07:03 PM
Not really, yea they would have the talent to be famous but there are thousands of undescovered guitarists that could kick marks butt, he's even said that before.

Agreed. Honestly, its harder to come up with something original than to copy someone. I know plenty of people who can play just like Mark, or Angus or whoever their guitar god is, but when it comes to being original, well, they can't. Being fast doesn't make you good. Its what you know and how you use it.

AndrewFromABRox
10-01-2004, 09:35 PM
Agreed. Honestly, its harder to come up with something original than to copy someone. I know plenty of people who can play just like Mark, or Angus or whoever their guitar god is, but when it comes to being original, well, they can't. Being fast doesn't make you good. Its what you know and how you use it.
Yea, speed is something that takes ur playing from one level to the next, but that's not all that's into playing. And even if u have creativity, great technical skill, originality and whatever else it takes to be famous, does'nt mean you will be famous, i know plently of guys that are great, and have everything, but being famous is skill plus a lot of luck, and promoting urself from a young age, honestly being great and being famous unfortunatly don't have to go togethet these days, look at tom delonge, he doesn't even know a scale, come on??

The Lithium
10-03-2004, 04:50 PM
I'm not sure they would kick is butt, but sure - there's very many out there who are as good as Mark, and even a few who are better!!

DekWannaBFlea
10-03-2004, 10:44 PM
I'm not sure they would kick is butt, but sure - there's very many out there who are as good as Mark, and even a few who are better!!

A few? no offense to Mark but i bet there are hundreds of guitarists better than him right now. He is still badass none the less.

Wylde-Tremonti
10-03-2004, 11:17 PM
I could... but i don't want to
I'd rather play his solos my own way...

meemawuk
10-10-2004, 09:21 AM
I felt the need to register just so i could post here. First of all dont get me wrong here as I completely respect the fact that tremonti is an good guitar player and absolutely superb song writer. However, hes not actually that great a guitarist, and certainly isnt particularly fast :confused: . Listen to the solo on open your eyes. when hes shredding he doesnt get clear note definition. about 3.37 secs where he starts picking very fast he diguises it with wah. Theres just something not right with his note fretting and picking timing. So as far as being an awesome guitarist is concerned, although hes good im not all that convinced. BUT!!!!!! tremonti's huge strenth is his song writing ability. Theres not really a memorable, fantastic solo on any creed album but the songs are mindblowing and creed are 1 of my all time favourtite bands. If u want real speed watch some Michael Angelo... but does Angelo have the song writing ability of tremonti?? NO!

p.s. not bashing open your eyes solo because i love it, it was the best example i could think of.

Wylde-Tremonti
10-10-2004, 10:48 AM
in some respects i totally agree with you... Mark's Technique isn't the strongest, but it's come a very long way. You can see the great potential that he has to get better... and i think that that's what makes Alter Bridge Great... Their potential to get better. They're amazing as is. But think about Myles getting more involved in the Guitar aspect. we could be hearing some truely AMAZING twin guitar stuff on the next album. Also, if you look at some of the best and well-known guitarists out there. they really don't have the greatest technique ever... Jimmy page, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray, Kirk Hammet. None of those guys have the Greatest Technigue. if you look at guys that have Super Fantastic Technique Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Michael angelo, Paul Gilbert, yngwie malmsteen... etc etc... NO ONE KNOWS THEM! (at least outside of the Guitar Magazine Circuit)

The Lithium
10-10-2004, 10:54 AM
I know Yngwe Malmsten, 'cause he's swedish! :D

And yes, they are already awesome, but could get better. When I talked to Myles in London he said he hasn't been taking any lessions for singing.

meemawuk
10-10-2004, 03:54 PM
hmm i honestly dont know if more soloing, faster guitaring and twin guitar work would make AB better?? i think it would take away from their edge. and yes myles has an unbelieveable voice wow but y is it that singers in God rock bands always think theyre gonna change the whole world. I assume most ppl like myself do music to make themselves happy, not any1 else but if other ppl like it and it makes them happy tahts just a bonus.

Wylde-Tremonti
10-10-2004, 04:25 PM
but y is it that singers in God rock bands always think theyre gonna change the whole world. I assume most ppl like myself do music to make themselves happy, not any1 else but if other ppl like it and it makes them happy tahts just a bonus.
Where The Hell is this coming From?

meemawuk
10-10-2004, 09:39 PM
mainly my ass. and i meant vocalsits. i seen it in an interview with myles somewhere. total guitar magazine maybe. or could have even been 1 of the quiestions about his writing on the questions on the AB website. im not sure. but he said something about not wanting the chicks and rock life "i just wanna make ppl happy" or words to that effect.

Wylde-Tremonti
10-10-2004, 09:44 PM
I don't think Myles is that kind of singer... the Political agenda singer... he just wants to play music... Talk about Stapp or Bono... Don't slump Myles into that group man...

meemawuk
10-10-2004, 09:46 PM
hey dont shoot the messenger. only said what i read. no dumping going on here.