Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Yet another myles kennedy thread.... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Yet another myles kennedy thread....

StillACreedFan
09-26-2004, 09:03 AM
Before I got ODR, I didn't think that Kennedy would be that good. I was very pleasantly surprised. While I don't think he's as good as Stapp was, he's an amazing fit with Tremonti.

If you don't compare Alter Bridge to Creed, there's really nothing negative you can say about AB.

The Lithium
09-26-2004, 09:27 AM
Just look at my avatar, he's a blast to talk to and such a good actor on stage!!

evyllsummer
09-26-2004, 09:28 AM
Well, what can I say...Myles Kennedy rules!!!

The Lithium
09-26-2004, 09:29 AM
What about Myles fucking Kennedy fucking rules? :D

evyllsummer
09-26-2004, 10:12 PM
What about Myles fucking Kennedy fucking rules? :D

Well, I prefer the slightly more esoteric "Myles F'n Kennedy f'n rules!!!", but, hey, that's just me...

The Lithium
09-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Well, I had to came up with something on my own, so I used Myles fucking Kennedy fucking rules!! :D

evyllsummer
09-27-2004, 10:53 PM
Well, I had to came up with something on my own, so I used Myles fucking Kennedy fucking rules!! :D

Well done...a nice turn on a conventional genre...keep it up!!!

RMadd
09-28-2004, 12:10 AM
i didn't know what to expect, considering i'd never listened to Mayfield Four (let alone heard of them). but, needless to say, i was blown away. his range, his voice is so powerful. just like Chris Cornell who, btw, also has an amazing voice.

evyllsummer
09-28-2004, 12:16 AM
i didn't know what to expect, considering i'd never listened to Mayfield Four (let alone heard of them). but, needless to say, i was blown away. his range, his voice is so powerful. just like Chris Cornell who, btw, also has an amazing voice.

yeah, I'm an old school Cornell fan...but, yeah, glad to hear you diggin' the MF4...needless to say, it's the reason I'm here on board with this...

RMadd
09-28-2004, 12:35 AM
yeah, I'm an old school Cornell fan...but, yeah, glad to hear you diggin' the MF4...needless to say, it's the reason I'm here on board with this...
oh, sorry, i guess my post was confusing... i still have yet to listen to any of their stuff (that i know of, anyway)... what i meant was, hearing myles for the first time w/ AB, that just blew me away.... but i was planning on dl'ing some o' their stuff, maybe buying an album or 2 if it's worth it.

The Lithium
09-28-2004, 04:22 PM
Well done...a nice turn on a conventional genre...keep it up!!!
Sure will, it isn't THAT hard!! :smokin:

evyllsummer
09-28-2004, 10:51 PM
oh, sorry, i guess my post was confusing... i still have yet to listen to any of their stuff (that i know of, anyway)... what i meant was, hearing myles for the first time w/ AB, that just blew me away.... but i was planning on dl'ing some o' their stuff, maybe buying an album or 2 if it's worth it.

My bad, well, in any case, you can check out 30 second clips on the official Mayfield Four site...

The Lithium
09-29-2004, 04:29 PM
They're a great band!! I love MF4!!

evyllsummer
09-29-2004, 10:26 PM
They're a great band!! I love MF4!!

Yup, Myles rules...

RMadd
09-29-2004, 10:49 PM
anybody have (cough cough) mp3's (cough cough)

evyllsummer
09-30-2004, 10:00 AM

pm me your email and, uh, *coughi'llseewhatIcandocough*...

DekWannaBFlea
09-30-2004, 12:23 PM

True that. Cornell and Kennedy are my favorite rock singers. (Serj from SOAD and Scott from creed in a close second)

The Lithium
09-30-2004, 01:11 PM
Serj is wicked!! :D

evyllsummer
09-30-2004, 06:47 PM
I'm a big Cornell fan...I love the singers with range...though Chris has lost a step over the years, he's still good...

fluttergirl
09-30-2004, 08:38 PM
I love Cornell.
Hence
<--------
That there was even another singer out there that could be compared to him was awesome, double kudos for AB.....

evyllsummer
09-30-2004, 09:03 PM
I love Cornell.
Hence
<--------
That there was even another singer out there that could be compared to him was awesome, double kudos for AB.....

yeah, I was joking on another board about how I had a major grudge against Mark Tremonti cos I thought that Myles was the best kept secret in rock and roll, and Mark just told everybody, but, in all seriousness, should I get to speak to Mark, I will praise him for his choice...

DekWannaBFlea
09-30-2004, 11:36 PM
Myles has a smoother style than Cornell, its just what your prefer....I just happen to like em both.

fluttergirl
10-01-2004, 12:35 AM
Yeah, he does, but personally i like the texture (preference, I know).
i'd like it a lot more if it was all still natural and not smokified though... :(

The Lithium
10-01-2004, 08:33 AM
I do!!

evyllsummer
10-01-2004, 11:24 AM
Myles has a smoother style than Cornell, its just what your prefer....I just happen to like em both.

Yeah, I like them both as well...

The Lithium
10-03-2004, 11:08 AM
They're great!!

evyllsummer
10-03-2004, 12:04 PM
They're great!!

saw Chris live last year...Myles...13 days...

The Lithium
10-03-2004, 04:48 PM
I'd like to see Chris live as well... But still Myles rules!!

fluttergirl
10-03-2004, 05:16 PM
As I think Ive stated, I would kill many ppl to see Chris live...

evyllsummer
10-03-2004, 09:51 PM
As I think Ive stated, I would kill many ppl to see Chris live...

yeah, folks, that's no bluff...she'll do it...

fluttergirl
10-03-2004, 09:54 PM
:D

evyllsummer
10-03-2004, 11:04 PM
:D

behind that grin...sheer unadulterated evil...

"in your heart I'd freeze..." Did Chris Cornell write that about you, Amber?

fluttergirl
10-04-2004, 08:40 AM
No. He wrote Fluttergirl for me. Duh.

My hands are rough
My fingers cold
Your heart's so young and so naive
To ever feel
For a moment that I might let you believe...

I'll melt your smile
I'll tear your wings
I'll color everything you see
So flutter home
'Cause you're better off alone than with me

See? :D

evyllsummer
10-04-2004, 10:32 AM
I dunno, though...the song "Cold Bitch" seems awfully familiar...

The Lithium
10-04-2004, 01:39 PM
Are we talking Jet?

fluttergirl
10-04-2004, 05:13 PM
:rolleyes:
Summer is trying to sporatically dirty up my reputation as a kind sweet hearted girl...
Insanity, right?

evyllsummer
10-04-2004, 10:47 PM
Are we talking Jet?

No, "Cold Bitch" by Soundgarden...it's a b-side on the "Spoonman" cd-single...

fluttergirl
10-04-2004, 11:03 PM
Kinda a Chris Cornell theme there....
;)

evyllsummer
10-04-2004, 11:13 PM
;)

Well, yes, he appears to be cynical towards women in that song, but, I wouldn't call it THAT typical, but, then, I'm not a woman, so, perhaps you might have a different perspective there...

fluttergirl
10-05-2004, 12:13 AM
im drawing a blank here, i know its not true, but like alll of his songs bout women are either ironic or sad or just downright depressing...so perhaps typical?

evyllsummer
10-05-2004, 10:22 AM
im drawing a blank here, i know its not true, but like alll of his songs bout women are either ironic or sad or just downright depressing...so perhaps typical?

well, yeah, depressing...I'll give you that one...you'd think that he was desperately unhappy all the time...it could be a gift or a curse that he can access that melancholy so easily...

fluttergirl
10-05-2004, 10:16 PM
its a gift. :D

evyllsummer
10-05-2004, 10:22 PM
its a gift. :D

it is...just wonder at what cost...

fluttergirl
10-06-2004, 01:01 AM
his incessant need for the perfect woman (mwah) to enter his life, no biggie. :rolleyes:

The Lithium
10-06-2004, 08:11 AM
;)
Audioslave is awesome... But I thought this thread was addicted to MYLES KENNEDY!!!!!!!!!

evyllsummer
10-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Audioslave is awesome... But I thought this thread was addicted to MYLES KENNEDY!!!!!!!!!

'tis true, Myles Kennedy doth rule...

fluttergirl
10-06-2004, 10:00 AM
Actually he does, and actually thats the other one, but hey, no biggie... :D

The Lithium
10-06-2004, 04:08 PM
I'm getting a bit tired of that comment! :D

evyllsummer
10-06-2004, 11:22 PM
I'm getting a bit tired of that comment! :D

um...which one, dude?

DekWannaBFlea
10-07-2004, 03:54 AM
Audioslave in general has better musicans, but Alter bridge is better overall, i thought the debut was decent but not up to what i was expecting (audioslave).

Brad>Flip
Timmy C>Marshall
Morello> tremonti (barely though, The only thing trmonti is beats morello at is shredding and writing badass intros, morello is a crazy guitarist. The solo for Like a stone sends a siver down my spin) Even though i would rather meet tremonti than morello.

o yeah BTW Kennedy is a badass or something......

evyllsummer
10-07-2004, 10:47 AM
o yeah BTW Kennedy is a badass or something......

LOL, you're ok in my book, buddy!!!

Yeah, without playing favorites, I'm kinda with you on the comparisons with Tim and Brad, though I need to see BM and Flip live before I could really tell, but, as for Tremonti vs Morello...man, their styles are so different I don't think I could compare them. I'm a long time Cornell fan, but Myles...well, he rules. I also agree with you about AB being the better overall band, but, hey, who knows, maybe the next Audioslave will be better?

DekWannaBFlea
10-07-2004, 06:38 PM
LOL, you're ok in my book, buddy!!!

Yeah, without playing favorites, I'm kinda with you on the comparisons with Tim and Brad, though I need to see BM and Flip live before I could really tell, but, as for Tremonti vs Morello...man, their styles are so different I don't think I could compare them. I'm a long time Cornell fan, but Myles...well, he rules. I also agree with you about AB being the better overall band, but, hey, who knows, maybe the next Audioslave will be better?

Its hard to compare morello and tremonti, but morello just has the one of the most creative riffs ever....up there with hendrix in my opinion. But yeah this is coming from a bassist... lol

fluttergirl
10-07-2004, 07:25 PM
Brad>Flip
Timmy C>Marshall
Morello> tremonti

I would say it, but Summer would hunt me down and kill me.... :D

evyllsummer
10-07-2004, 11:35 PM
I would say it, but Summer would hunt me down and kill me.... :D

You don't have to say it, Amber...I know where your fidelity lies, and, being a big Cornell fan myself, I can hardly fulminate you for it...but...Myles Kennedy rules...

And, yeah, Dek, TM is a master at tapping a groove...

fluttergirl
10-08-2004, 02:00 AM
Well, Chris Cornell of late is nearing a mere >= to Myles, not such a clear cut >....
Man, 15 years ago though, pssh, Chris.Myles, hands down....

lol, so do i at least have loyalty? that's nice....

I love Tom Morello, i was i dunno, aware of RATM, but their style just didnt flip my switch, and Audioslave was much more mellow, with Morello's insane solos, so....Not really much in the way of complaints here...I kinda liked some of the return to simplicity though. Like the drums on Like A stone? I can play that, I mean, theres a difference in playing sumthin cuz you can, and playin sumthin easier cuz it sounds better.

Wow, was that even a tangent to this thread?
Since were all off, neone know when the second Audioslave CD is due out?

evyllsummer
10-08-2004, 11:02 AM
Well, Chris Cornell of late is nearing a mere >= to Myles, not such a clear cut >....
Man, 15 years ago though, pssh, Chris.Myles, hands down....

lol, so do i at least have loyalty? that's nice....

I love Tom Morello, i was i dunno, aware of RATM, but their style just didnt flip my switch, and Audioslave was much more mellow, with Morello's insane solos, so....Not really much in the way of complaints here...I kinda liked some of the return to simplicity though. Like the drums on Like A stone? I can play that, I mean, theres a difference in playing sumthin cuz you can, and playin sumthin easier cuz it sounds better.

Wow, was that even a tangent to this thread?
Since were all off, neone know when the second Audioslave CD is due out?

You know, while we're still on the subject, I was thinking about this the other day. Chris in his "formative" years, Ultramega OK to Louder Than Love, in terms of range, I think that was his peak, but, he just screamed way too much, and, I think that once his voice got a little rougher (probably a result of poor voice management), that's when he started to sound really good. Of course, the problem was that it just kept getting rougher. The perfect balance, I think, was from TOTD to Superunknown, and I always had a theory that Andrew Wood's death had a major impact on Chris, and his voice was different on TOTD and was never the same since.

In contrast, Myles' voice has continued to get better. It was good on the first CS cd, where his r&b influences were really prevalent. The next CS cd, he got even better, like with the acoustic song "All The Same". Then, on MF4 Fallout, he hit the heights of "12/31". On Second Skin, "Summergirl". And on ODR, his voice is even stronger, which is quite evident on songs like "Find the Real" and "Save Me", as the higher stuff is stronger, and his lower register is getting more developed.

I wish that Chris would give Mark Baxter a call and see what he could do to improve his voice, cos the years of chain smoking and screaming have taken a toll, but it could probably be repaired to an extent.

Either way, I love Cornell regardless, and I'll have the next Audioslave cd, which is coming out...somewhere around who knows? TM is on his Nightwatchmen tour, so they are not in the studio...

fluttergirl
10-08-2004, 11:40 AM
Yeah, that (TOTD Superunknown) was when i first really started to get into Chris' stuff.....Then Louder Than Love, Asides, all the other stuff. I think he just took for granted that his voice would always be good, and didnt think much bout perserving it, and taking care of it, because (IMHO) from all the screaming, his voice did lose the smoother parts, and get that awesome texture ( i dunno what else to call it), but then it started to deteriorate...
So sad..... :(

evyllsummer
10-08-2004, 11:43 AM
Yeah, that (TOTD Superunknown) was when i first really started to get into Chris' stuff.....Then Louder Than Love, Asides, all the other stuff. I think he just took for granted that his voice would always be good, and didnt think much bout perserving it, and taking care of it, because (IMHO) from all the screaming, his voice did lose the smoother parts, and get that awesome texture ( i dunno what else to call it), but then it started to deteriorate...
So sad..... :(

yeah, I agree about the texture...it was on TOTD that I started to hear that...I love it...but, yeah, the grooves of said texture just continue to get deeper and deeper...