Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Here is an article that gives a little insight on Stapp [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Here is an article that gives a little insight on Stapp

TremontiRx
09-26-2004, 07:27 AM
Flip recently gave this interview with the Ohio Freetimes Weekly and gave some rather good insight on the breakup and Stapp's role in it. Good article: CLICK HERE (http://www.freetimes.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1975)

Here's the article:

New Day Rising : Creed's Mark Tremonti and Scott Phillips carry on in Alter Bridge
By Ed Condran Wednesday, September 22, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALTER BRIDGE
Out to prove itself.
WHEN THE OVERLY EARNEST, mega-popular Creed splintered ten months ago, word was there was considerable friction among singer Scott Stapp, guitarist Mark Tremonti and drummer Scott Phillips. That reportedly was why Tremonti and Phillips left Creed behind to form Alter Bridge.

“I don't want to say that Scott was necessarily hard to deal with,” Phillips says, calling from Jacksonville. “But there was not a lot of compromising from his side. I don't want to say it was his way or the highway, but you had to explain your side several times if you were in disagreeance with him. I don't want to say he was a control freak, but he wanted to be in command of a situation.”

It's not hard to read between Phillips' lines. Stapp was overbearing, and his former bandmates aren't shedding any tears over his departure. Phillips apparently feels uncomfortable venting about Stapp, who was rumored to be about as cuddly as a cactus, but it's obvious he's relieved to be no longer keeping time for rock's next David Lee Roth.

“The situation between the guys and Stapp was pretty bad,” comedian Larry the Cable Guy told me in a separate interview. “I'm very good friends with Mark and told him they should dump the guy. I guess I'm the person who broke up Creed.”

The anecdote cracks up Phillips, who would not confirm that Larry the Cable Guy is responsible for the dissolution of Creed.

“I don't think that's so,” Phillips says. “Let's just say we ran our course. It was time to move on for everybody. I'm not going to run my mouth at Scott and say all these bad things about him. Let's just say we had our differences and leave it at that.”

Alter Bridge, which also includes bassist Brian Marshall, tabbed former Mayfield Four vocalist Myles Kennedy, who's a better fit for Tremonti's sonic vision. Kennedy's tenor better suits the group's alt-rock attack. At times Stapp's baritone pushed Creed toward musical theater. And yet the Alter Bridge debut, One Day Remains , is an uneven project. However, the disc is better than any of the Creed releases. Stapp's bombastic vocals are hardly missed. It helps that his replacement is more than capable. Kennedy's Chris Cornell-esque wail and Tremonti's powerful riffs are the band's strength, though at times the material is just too ponderous and serious. However, Creed fans will love the religious imagery and the relentlessly catchy “Open Your Eyes” and the melodic “Shed My Skin.”

“We just tried to be true to ourselves and be consistent when we were making this album,” Phillips says. “We did whatever we felt was right. If we wanted to put a three-minute drum solo in a radio single, we would have done it. We didn't let the process become a burden. We did what we needed to do, but we also had fun with this album.”

Is Phillips implying there was no fun in the studio as a member of Creed? “I wouldn't say that,” he says. “It was just different. We're having so much fun with Myles. It's a completely different situation. But we wanted a different situation this time. It didn't make sense to work with a guy who sings just like Scott. Myles is more of a rock singer than Scott. Myles is a passionate vocalist who is also subtle. Myles is every bit as charismatic as Scott, but he brings something different to us. We're in a very exciting situation. We're all on the same page, and I can't tell you how good of a thing that is. It just makes everything that much easier.”

Don't count on the members of Alter Bridge tapping Stapp as tour support. There has been no contact between Stapp and his former bandmates since the breakup. When asked if Phillips would call Stapp a friend, he chuckles, “I would use the term loosely.”

Alter Bridge has an obvious advantage over other new bands, courtesy of Creed's platinum-plus success. However, most rock fans are fickle and suffer from short-term memory, so Alter Bridge, which makes its Cleveland debut Saturday at the Odeon, will have to make its mark soon.

“We're ready for that,” Phillips says. “We're going to have to make it as Alter Bridge. Creed is over. We're not playing arenas now, and that's all right. We're going out now and proving ourselves. We just want to go out and play the music we believe in and let everything take care of itself.”

It'll be interesting to see how well Alter Bridge does commercially. Much of Creed's success came courtesy of Stapp's rock-star appeal.

“Scott does have a big personality,” Phillips says. “There's no doubt about that. But when you get down to it with Creed, I really believe it was the band that made Creed what it was. There is no doubt that Scott was a big part of that. But now Myles is a big part of this band, and we're more than willing to take our chances with him. I'm really confident with what we have here. We're going to go out and just see what happens. The chemistry is totally there in the studio and onstage. We have a very special thing here.”

StillACreedFan
09-26-2004, 08:28 AM
“The situation between the guys and Stapp was pretty bad,” comedian Larry the Cable Guy told me in a separate interview. “I'm very good friends with Mark and told him they should dump the guy. I guess I'm the person who broke up Creed.”

Fuck larry the Cable Guy.

I think Alter Bridge is a terrific band, but I'll ner like them as much as I did Creed.

lifelovesoul
09-26-2004, 08:49 AM
That barritone voice and Stapp's lyrics are what drew me into Creed. Creed will always rule in my book. AB can't even compare with the passion that Scott put into those songs. I miss Creed soooo much. Life will never be the same. Just glad I have what they did give.

Sorry the boys feel that way, it's really a shame.

farmgirl
09-26-2004, 08:56 AM
What a bunch of crap. It figures this was posted by a pitter. They only time they post is when they have something negative to "share" about Scott. At least he has apologized for his part in the break-up. The remaining members could have a little class and do the same instead of putting it all on Stapp. The more I read about those guys, the less respect I have for them...and at this point, it's pretty much zero!

TremontiRx
09-26-2004, 09:33 AM
Such hostility farmgirl. You really should lighten up a little bit. Relax.

It's not good for you to be so negative.

aussiecreeder
09-26-2004, 10:58 AM
oh come on if they are all saying the same slightly veiled negative comments then what does that tell you? take off the rose-coloured glasses please........

Lucy
09-26-2004, 11:43 AM
oh come on if they are all saying the same slightly veiled negative comments then what does that tell you? take off the rose-coloured glasses please........

Could be the same looking at the other side..

Ann Allusion
09-26-2004, 11:43 AM
What a bunch of crap. It figures this was posted by a pitter. They only time they post is when they have something negative to "share" about Scott. At least he has apologized for his part in the break-up. The remaining members could have a little class and do the same instead of putting it all on Stapp. The more I read about those guys, the less respect I have for them...and at this point, it's pretty much zero!

You're right, farmgirl...stapp has apologized...and it's a sad statement that it's still not enough for some...

As for anyone else apologizing...don't hold your breath...

Phillips says. “Let's just say we ran our course. It was time to move on for everybody. I'm not going to run my mouth at Scott and say all these bad things about him. Let's just say we had our differences and leave it at that.”

That is the KEY phrase out of the whole interview on anything that should have been said publically about stapp...he should have left it there...like the saying goes...if you can't say something nice then it's better not to say anything at all...

as for you TRX...posting this as you did was a most vindictive move...talk about stirring the pot?...your spin on this article at this bb was done intentionally to cause friction...

heinzel
09-26-2004, 11:48 AM
WOW, why so negative guys?
A band broke up, maybe they had a fight maybe not.
They were big, there was a lot of pressure, what does it matte?
Maybe they are not real friends right now, does it matter?

NO, give them time, they were friends in the past and they will be friends again in the future.

creedsister
09-26-2004, 12:41 PM
What a bunch of crap. It figures this was posted by a pitter. They only time they post is when they have something negative to "share" about Scott. At least he has apologized for his part in the break-up. The remaining members could have a little class and do the same instead of putting it all on Stapp. The more I read about those guys, the less respect I have for them...and at this point, it's pretty much zero! Cant Argue With Ya..............ROCK ON!!!!

TeriB19
09-26-2004, 12:55 PM
ALTER BRIDGE
Out to prove itself.

Given that this is the title of the article, I think this whole thread should've been posted in the Alterbridge forum. It's only causing discontent being posted in the Stapp forum. I'm moving it to the proper forum.

TremontiRx
09-26-2004, 01:27 PM
as for you TRX...posting this as you did was a most vindictive move...talk about stirring the pot?...your spin on this article at this bb was done intentionally to cause friction...

What "spin", Ann? I posted it on many boards because it's a new interview with information about stapp and the creed breakup. You posted about it and made a link for it in another thread somewhere else too. Does that mean that you're also a 'most vindictive, pot stirring friction-causer' ? Come on "Ann", grow up and stop trying to paint everyone else to be the bad guy.

I did the same thing that many other people do every day, including yourself. Why does that make me wrong?

Thank you for redirecting the thread Terri. What would we do without on-the-ball mods? :stappchic

Dogstar
09-26-2004, 01:46 PM
AMEN! They all had a hand in the breakup. The bottom line is, they weren't going anywhere as Creed, and they all recognized that. I appreciate the fact that they are at least telling us something than the usual spin.

Ann Allusion
09-26-2004, 02:23 PM
What "spin", Ann?

You know exactly what i mean..maybe the thread being moved and the differences in title could be a clue?

and yeah..i posted a link to it on another bb...altho, i chose to focus on the anectdote (sp) of Larry the Cable Guy, 'cause i found his comment sarcastically funny...when i made my post...it was NOT refering to stapp...

If you were focusing on just what Flip had to say in general...you would have posted it in the right forum to begin with...

you're right, people do this everyday...post articles and interviews to share news...but it's also easy to manipulate it for your own purposes too...as for painting anyone as a "bad guy"...far from it...i just DO NOT agree with your methods, TRX...

The Lithium
09-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Insight on Stapp - this is posted in the wrong forum!!

Dogstar
09-26-2004, 02:51 PM
No, it's not, Lith. It's Scott P., a member of Alter Bridge, making the comments, so it was moved here.

TremontiRx
09-26-2004, 03:27 PM
Dig, Susan...dig.

I did nothing of the sort. Of course, that won't stop you from trying to put your SPIN on whatever you think I do. I didn't even give any commentary. Give it a rest.

I introduced the article and posted the article. You just don't like what you read so you try to make it something personal with me.

Childish.

Dani
09-26-2004, 07:47 PM
I'm getting really sick of all this bitching and in fighting. To be honest I don't give a stuff who or what caused the break up of Creed. In the end what difference does it make?

I've never been a person that has "Worshiped" an individual of a band; I "worship" the music. Which is why I continue to love Creed's, Alter Bridge's and Scott Stapp's Music the character of the individual's involved means nothing to me. Let’s just enjoy the music and move on.

Ann Allusion
09-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Dig, Susan...dig.

I did nothing of the sort. Of course, that won't stop you from trying to put your SPIN on whatever you think I do. I didn't even give any commentary. Give it a rest.

I introduced the article and posted the article. You just don't like what you read so you try to make it something personal with me.

Childish.

that's ok, TRX...i understand why you posted this reply...:hugs:

GB TRX...

aussiecreeder
09-26-2004, 10:28 PM
spin....swin i thought this was a no-spin zone lol! ;) my view of this is that the title of the thread seems to want to stir the pot a little. however "the stapp mammas" seem to be wearing rose-coloured glasses and refuse to consider that perhaps stapp is not the man they thought he was. again this is only my view of the situation so please don't jump down my throat.

the man is very talented and has such a big personality, stage presence and is a fantastic lyrcrist and frontman. however its hard to find people in the business to say a good word about the man which i think saids something. so in conclusion i'm sure both parties have committed wrongs and stapp was a MASSIVE reason why creed was so successful. saying that my opinion of him personally is certainly what it was 12 months ago which is too bad.

Trees of Wisdom
09-26-2004, 11:25 PM

The guys said it was personal and musical differences.

Stapp made himself look like the victim, which he was not.

Mark and the guys were being professional about the causes of the break-up.

Stapp was saying that Mark and the guys were "tired of being in a christian rock band" so they decided to instead drink and have sex with groupies. Yeah and Stapp is sitting at home all innocent, right?

ctfan
09-27-2004, 01:46 AM
I introduced the article and posted the article.

Your not stupid TremontiRx, you knew you posted that article in the wrong forum, because if you had originally put it where it belonged, the very people you wanted to target wouldn't have seen it.

It was posted at another bb, and got very few replies...so you brought it here, where you knew it would get the replies you were looking for. You got the very thing you wanted.

You are as childish and petty as the person who gave this interview...but then again, I'm not a fan.... :D

aussiecreeder
09-27-2004, 01:57 AM
Your not stupid TremontiRx, you knew you posted that article in the wrong forum, because if you had originally put it where it belonged, the very people you wanted to target wouldn't have seen it.

It was posted at another bb, and got very few replies...so you brought it here, where you knew it would get the replies you were looking for. You got the very thing you wanted.

You are as childish and petty as the person who gave this interview...but then again, I'm not a fan.... :D

the interviewee is childish and pettish why? because the interview was negatively biased against scott?
:rolleyes: larry the cable guy man that guy is a riot! :D

ctfan
09-27-2004, 02:07 AM
the interviewee is childish and pettish why? because the interview was negatively biased against scott?
:rolleyes: larry the cable guy man that guy is a riot! :D

I'm not stupid either handmedown.... :D I've read enough articles and interviews to know that negativity about Stapp reigns supreme. It's the "in" thing...always has been...and it's never mattered to me what other's opinions of him are, it won't change mine.

What is childish and petty is the fact that throughout that entire interview, Phillips is saying...."I'm not saying....but". "I don't want to talk bad about Stapp....but". "I would use that term loosely" Blah, blah, blah.

I guess for the members of Alter Bridge, any convo is good convo...no matter if it makes them look like asses or not. And in my opinion, that's exactly what it did. If on the otherhand, in your opinion you find it "eye opening"....more power to ya.

aussiecreeder
09-27-2004, 02:57 AM
I'm not stupid either handmedown.... :D I've read enough articles and interviews to know that negativity about Stapp reigns supreme. It's the "in" thing...always has been...and it's never mattered to me what other's opinions of him are, it won't change mine.

What is childish and petty is the fact that throughout that entire interview, Phillips is saying...."I'm not saying....but". "I don't want to talk bad about Stapp....but". "I would use that term loosely" Blah, blah, blah.

I guess for the members of Alter Bridge, any convo is good convo...no matter if it makes them look like asses or not. And in my opinion, that's exactly what it did. If on the otherhand, in your opinion you find it "eye opening"....more power to ya.

I find Philips to give a refreshing interview and his PR skills don't really seem to be that strong. What I mean by that is that with flip what you see is what you get or at least that is the appearance from the outside. Information has being revealed by the AB guys that would have never being talked about previously. If three of his former bandmates have said negative things about him (whilst holding back) then that to me speaks volumes.

Stapp meanwhile is a very intelligent man and plays the PR game for sure. If telling the truth is looking like an arse then so be it. Brian is of the opinion that Stapp through his weight around in the band and did it so successfully that Marshall was given his marching orders over Stapp, although i'm sure there were issues such as substance abuse and a loose tongue that contributed to his depature. Flip didn't say he was a control freak but it was very difficult to acheive something within the band if Stapp disagreed.

Its too bad because I have spent a lot of time defending Stapp on other boards as a man but I can't continue to do it honestly. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy Creed and won't love his solo work because to me is a muscian first and a person second.

Lucy
09-27-2004, 04:35 AM
The guys said it was personal and musical differences.

This makes me laugh hard..
Professional? Where? When? I think you all should consider the fact that there are two sides in EVERYTHING.. now u wanna take the AB one? It's ok.. But don't bash on people who don't just because they support another artist.. That is just not right..

Said Eyes
09-27-2004, 04:46 AM
I think you all should consider the fact that there are two sides in EVERYTHING..
Three sides actually. In this case, Stapp's side, Tremonti/Phillips' side, and what really happened.
This article really doesn't say anything new though. I'm just glad everyone's happy with where things are - means to an end kinda thing. The Alter Bridge boys seem really excited about starting out in a new band with a new CD, and Stapp seems to be really excited about his solo project. Why all the conflict?

Lucy
09-27-2004, 04:50 AM
Amen..

aussiecreeder
09-27-2004, 04:59 AM
sure the truth is in the middle somewhere and your point of view differs on what side of the centre you place yourself. however i think i've had enough of this and would rather simply enjoy the music.

heinzel
09-27-2004, 05:46 AM
Amen...

Oh, but i'm not a christian!!!!

farmgirl
09-27-2004, 07:21 AM

Stapp was saying that Mark and the guys were "tired of being in a christian rock band" so they decided to instead drink and have sex with groupies. Yeah and Stapp is sitting at home all innocent, right?

Stapp was going through alot of things with his health that he admitted to keeping it to himself. I beleive he was a victim as far as that is concerned. He was pushed to continue, even though is health was suffering.

I see anything but professionalism as far as these interviews AB is giving, but that is my opinion.

He never said the other guys wanted to have sex with groupies...he said they didn't want the Christian label and just wanted a rock and roll lifestyle, and even that could have been mis-quoted, who knows. Don't make it into something it wasn't. There is a big difference.

aussiecreeder
09-27-2004, 09:07 AM
Stapp was going through alot of things with his health that he admitted to keeping it to himself. I beleive he was a victim as far as that is concerned. He was pushed to continue, even though is health was suffering.

I see anything but professionalism as far as these interviews AB is giving, but that is my opinion.

He never said the other guys wanted to have sex with groupies...he said they didn't want the Christian label and just wanted a rock and roll lifestyle, and even that could have been mis-quoted, who knows. Don't make it into something it wasn't. There is a big difference.

in the interests of consistency i must raise something. so stapp is misquoted but his ex-bandmates if they say anything negative show a lack of class? come on guys and gals enough of the halo complex and realise that both sides are not angels. they are merely people just like you and i, they just can play guitar or sing etc better than us.

showing a lack of professionalism here is such a red herring. all of the AB guys have said all of the same things (save for myles obviously) and are being open and they show a lack of class? scott is more careful with his words and seemingly playing the PR game and so he has more class? they are not living a rock and roll lifestyle so that is a non-issue and shouldn't even be discussed.

farmgirl
09-27-2004, 09:23 AM
I said MAY have been mis-quote. It's possible AB was too, who knows. I never said anyone was perfect. And just because the members of AB agree, doesn't mean they are showing class. Flip could have just left it as they were having differences...they don't accept any fault in the break-up and it's not ONE person's fault. The pointing fingers is not necessary.

Agent D
09-27-2004, 11:20 AM
How many fucking threads do we need like this? Why are we even talking about the breakup still? It's done, it's over, can we not move on? Tremo, Flip, Brian, and Myles have a great thing going. Leave them alone. And Scott is going to get his album off the ground as well. So why are we bitching at each other?

This article that was posted sounds like complete bullshit. I've read quotes from Flip before and he just sounds a little more sarcastic than usual here. The writer obviously had it out for Stapp. I think we all should take this with a grain of salt, really. Pointing fingers over something our beloved musicians have gotten over is really ridiculous. If you must blame someone for the breakup of Creed, blame Wind-Up. Even if it wasn't there fault, blame them anyway. Music labels are always screwing something up. :p

DekWannaBFlea
09-27-2004, 12:36 PM
How many fucking threads do we need like this? Why are we even talking about the breakup still? It's done, it's over, can we not move on? Tremo, Flip, Brian, and Myles have a great thing going. Leave them alone. And Scott is going to get his album off the ground as well. So why are we bitching at each other?

This article that was posted sounds like complete bullshit. I've read quotes from Flip before and he just sounds a little more sarcastic than usual here. The writer obviously had it out for Stapp. I think we all should take this with a grain of salt, really. Pointing fingers over something our beloved musicians have gotten over is really ridiculous. If you must blame someone for the breakup of Creed, blame Wind-Up. Even if it wasn't there fault, blame them anyway. Music labels are always screwing something up. :p

It wasn't WU's fault, and i won't say who i think the blame rests on becuase there would be no point.

Trees of Wisdom
09-27-2004, 06:36 PM
Let's sum it up here: Mark and the guys kick ass and were being held back musically by Stapp due to his pissiness and his mental conflics and some other things. Alter Bridge are way better than Creed ever was. Just listen to the album and you'll see. Even if they don't sell as much, that doesn't matter. As long as they please the fans with good music and not generic, same ol' bullshit (Weathered) then it's alright. Stapp is a loser with no musical talent and will go no where with his solo project.

I have yet to see "Relearn Love" jumping up in the charts.

Scott Stapp sucks ass, but all the good luck to him. He'll need it. :D

Jooji_2
09-27-2004, 07:02 PM
Let's sum it up here: Mark and the guys kick ass and were being held back musically by Stapp due to his pissiness and his mental conflics and some other things. Alter Bridge are way better than Creed ever was. Just listen to the album and you'll see. Even if they don't sell as much, that doesn't matter. As long as they please the fans with good music and not generic, same ol' bullshit (Weathered) then it's alright. Stapp is a loser with no musical talent and will go no where with his solo project.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn........ :D

StillACreedFan
09-27-2004, 07:26 PM
Alter Bridge are way better than Creed ever was
No. Just no.

I really like Alter bridge's debut album. But it just isn't as good as Creed was.

aussiecreeder
09-27-2004, 08:48 PM

hahaha TOW always stirring the pot! :) musically AB is superior and there is no doubt whatsoever about that. Mark finally shows the world what he is capable of, Flip also does that and improves out of sight and Myles' vocals just add so much, he is easily one of the world's greatest vocalists. Creed had that little something whether it was the superior lyrics or Scott's charisma that Creed had over AB. I personally prefer AB but each to his own I guess. You do contradict yourself however when you say sales for AB mean
nothing but then note Relearn Love's lack of chart success. :)

Trees of Wisdom
09-27-2004, 11:10 PM
hahaha TOW always stirring the pot! :) musically AB is superior and there is no doubt whatsoever about that. Mark finally shows the world what he is capable of, Flip also does that and improves out of sight and Myles' vocals just add so much, he is easily one of the world's greatest vocalists. Creed had that little something whether it was the superior lyrics or Scott's charisma that Creed had over AB. I personally prefer AB but each to his own I guess. You do contradict yourself however when you say sales for AB mean
nothing but then note Relearn Love's lack of chart success. :)

Not neccessarily because at least "Open Your Eyes" has reached number two on the mainstream rock charts, while I've yet to see "Relearn Love" anywhere on the charts. This has nothing to do with sales. But I was stating that it doesn't matter if Alter Bridge ever reaches the number of records sold as Creed did. They're stilll better than Creed and that matters most.

I am stirring the pot, though with if Alter Bridge is better than Scott Stapp or not. They own him at talent and sales.

Even with Stapp's flashy image, he still is nothing.

He needed Mark and the guys more than Mark and the guys needed him.

DekWannaBFlea
09-28-2004, 01:04 AM
Not neccessarily because at least "Open Your Eyes" has reached number two on the mainstream rock charts, while I've yet to see "Relearn Love" anywhere on the charts. This has nothing to do with sales. But I was stating that it doesn't matter if Alter Bridge ever reaches the number of records sold as Creed did. They're stilll better than Creed and that matters most.

I am stirring the pot, though with if Alter Bridge is better than Scott Stapp or not. They own him at talent and sales.

Even with Stapp's flashy image, he still is nothing.

He needed Mark and the guys more than Mark and the guys needed him.

I wouldn't say he is nothing, he is definately talented. But i think the AB guys are more talented. IMO

aussiecreeder
09-28-2004, 04:07 AM
its tough for scott to succeed without a guitarist who can write the music that allows him to have chart success. mark could have gone the instrumental route i guess but he needed a great singer to reclaim any ground creed had and he and flip and brian have done that. scott will do moderately well and i wish him all the best in the world. however its hard to respect the man after reading something like this, which is part of an interview mark did recently with the "red eye".

THE LAST TIME CREED PLAYED IN CHICAGO, IT WAS A DISASTROUS SHOW AT HE ALLSTATE THAT WOUND UP WITH A CIVIL SUIT FILED BY ANNOYED TICKET HOLDERS. CARE TO TELL US WHAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT?
Scott (Stapp) and I had different dressing rooms, and before the show we met in the hall. You could see it in his eyes that he wasn't himself. I got on him about it and said, "How could you be like this before a show, expecially here in Chicago?" He acted like it was nothing and he swore he could do the show. I was pissed, but we went out on stage, and after 6 songs he walked off stage. I got on the mic and told the crowd that I'd be right back after I found out what Scott was up to. So I had to go chase him off stage into the dressing room and ask him what he was doing. He thought the show was over. So I said, "The show's not over. We gotta finish it." He said, "Oh Sorry." He follows me back on the stage and lied down for a few songs... We had lost contact so much before that. I had no idea wha he was doing before the show or three shows before that. All I know is we never got any closure out of that.

farmgirl
09-28-2004, 06:42 AM
First of all...AB is NOT superior to Creed. It's a matter of opinion and to me, AB has nothing on Creed. They were not held back while in Creed and if they felt they were, they could have got out alot sooner. Stapp runs circles around Myles and if you say he has no talent, then what does that say about Myles? Myles voice could peel paint off the walls...it grates on my nerves.

Second of all...Relearn Love was on several charts and on one particular, it was listed at #6 and OYE was #7. Relearn Love wasn't officially released for radio airplay and won't be until mid October...hence, the reason it isn't everywhere right now. Get your facts straight before you condemn something. As far as Scott needing the guys more than they needed him...quite the opposite.

And for those of you having no respect for Stapp...that's up to you but I have none for the other guys since they can't keep their comments about him to themselves during interviews. If they don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. Again, it's not just one persons fault...period.

heinzel
09-28-2004, 07:19 AM
whats up with that whole chart thing in this discussion!!!! it's about if you like something or not. not about how high a song ends in the charts. So please don't talk about that.
farmgirl, maybe you gotta turn this thing around. What if Scott was acting like an asshole? i mean mark and flip are not the only ones that say things about scott stapp. I remember that singer of alice in chains saying Stapp was acting like an asshole.
But it just doesn't matter. When a band brakes up, it's ussually not because they are still big friends ya know. So agian. Does it matter that they had a fight? NO.
and yes, there a always two side of a story, but it looks to me that they broke up because of scott stapp and not because something else.

Still love his voice, i really do. But his new song just sucks BIG TIME.

aussiecreeder
09-28-2004, 07:24 AM
First of all...AB is NOT superior to Creed. It's a matter of opinion and to me, AB has nothing on Creed. They were not held back while in Creed and if they felt they were, they could have got out alot sooner. Stapp runs circles around Myles and if you say he has no talent, then what does that say about Myles? Myles voice could peel paint off the walls...it grates on my nerves.

Second of all...Relearn Love was on several charts and on one particular, it was listed at #6 and OYE was #7. Relearn Love wasn't officially released for radio airplay and won't be until mid October...hence, the reason it isn't everywhere right now. Get your facts straight before you condemn something. As far as Scott needing the guys more than they needed him...quite the opposite.

And for those of you having no respect for Stapp...that's up to you but I have none for the other guys since they can't keep their comments about him to themselves during interviews. If they don't have anything nice to say, don't say it. Again, it's not just one persons fault...period.

i'm not going to bother going over most of this apart from being perplexed at how anyone could see paint being peeled off the walls due to his voice. read ab's reviews and you will find a few creed fans seem to be the only people in the world sorry that tremonti is working with kennedy. anyhow that is all of a matter of opinion but your sig is highly ironic IMO. 3 quarters of the former band give their honest views and they should keep quiet for fear of pointing of the finger even if they see it as the truth? good point about relearn love's chart position but what chart was it ahead of open your eyes?

farmgirl
09-28-2004, 07:50 AM
I never said Scott was perfect...noone is...all I'm saying is that it takes more than one person to argue and yes, there are 2 sides to everything. Fans who prefer AB will most likely believe their comments in interviews and fans of Scott will most likely believe his. Noone knows for sure unless they were there.

handmedown...this is the site for that chart I mentioned:

http://www.wkcb.com/musicnews.html

I haven't checked it lately...in fact, last time I did, OYE was 6 I think and RL was 9. Not that it matters...I'm just mentioning it because some said it wasn't on any charts. It's what people like that matters. :)

DekWannaBFlea
09-28-2004, 09:57 AM
I don't see RL on there.......number nine is nickelback.........

farmgirl
09-28-2004, 11:29 AM
Oh ok. I haven't checked the site in about a week so it must have dropped some then. Thanks.

shiver
10-01-2004, 12:15 AM
What's the big deal? Flip was very good to Stapp in this interview. He coulda came out and said he was a (*%^@*# #&%*@##)(&*%%$^#@er if he wanted to. I see were people say that AB is placing all the blame on Stapp, but he is sittin there saying that nobody cared about me and blah blah blah, but then he says, oh well I didn't tell anyone about anything. Stapp is just a regular old John "Flip-Flop" Kerry. GET OVER IT NOW. CREED IS DEAD. ROCK ON AB!

aussiecreeder
10-01-2004, 10:12 AM
I never said Scott was perfect...noone is...all I'm saying is that it takes more than one person to argue and yes, there are 2 sides to everything. Fans who prefer AB will most likely believe their comments in interviews and fans of Scott will most likely believe his. Noone knows for sure unless they were there.

handmedown...this is the site for that chart I mentioned:

http://www.wkcb.com/musicnews.html

I haven't checked it lately...in fact, last time I did, OYE was 6 I think and RL was 9. Not that it matters...I'm just mentioning it because some said it wasn't on any charts. It's what people like that matters. :)

who does the web king charts? i haven't seen scott mentioned on the billboard charts apart from the christian charts and AB are doing very well in the mainstream rock chart (no.3 for OYE).

Chris98GT
10-02-2004, 09:59 AM
When asked if Phillips would call Stapp a friend, he chuckles, “I would use the term loosely.” That right there just shows what they all think of Stapp these days. Glad to hear it. Stapp is a fucking bum.

Alter Bridge rules!! :jam:

Jooji_2
10-03-2004, 12:09 AM
I wouldn't say he is nothing, he is definately talented. But i think the AB guys are more talented. IMO

I have to disagree when it comes to lyrics. :D I mean Tremonti's lyrics :D