Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
How faith affects our lives... [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : How faith affects our lives...

HeavenBesideYou
09-17-2004, 10:22 PM
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast (Ephesians 2:8, 9).

After Jesus claimed to be sent by God, some were seeking to seize Him, having come to the conclusion that He was not a good man. But others did believe in Him, "and they were saying, 'When the Christ shall come, He will not perform more signs than those which this man has, will He?'" (John 7:31). All the evidence was there. Some chose to believe; others chose not to. People do the same today. Faith is a choice. We choose to believe or not believe.

Faith is the operating principle of life. It is the means by which we relate to God and live our lives in freedom. Notice the variety of ways stated in Scripture by which faith affects our lives.

First, we are saved by faith (Ephesians 2:8, 9).

Second, we "walk by faith, not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5:7).

Third, being found faithful is a prerequisite for ministry: "I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has strengthened me, because He considered me faithful, putting me into service" (1 Timothy 1:12). Paul then adds, "And the things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, these entrust to faithful men, who will be able to teach others also" (2 Timothy 2:2). This is more than being reliable, since a person could be counted on to follow through on an assignment and not be a believer. The added ingredient in faithful people is that they know the truth and can be counted on to be reliable.

Fourth, the quality of any relationship is determined by faith or trust: "Many a man proclaims his own loyalty, but who can find a trustworthy man?" (Proverbs 20:6). The words faith, trust and believe are all the same word (pistis) in the original language. The man who has faith believes in something. The one who believes also trusts, or he doesn't truly believe. There is no concept that looms larger in life than faith because what we believe determines how we live.

Faith is trust... Trust in the Lord.

Where is your trust today?

Is it in the Lord and in His Word which the Spirit brings alive to us?

Heaven

creedsister
09-18-2004, 12:44 PM
The One thing that makes faith hard for most to live by, is a lot of things but the one thing they cant believe in what they can not see , And when Trials Get Harder, Is When Doubt Comes In, ITS Hard To Walk By Faith And Not By Sight, I Wont Sugar Coat It, BUT THE KEY WORD HERE Is Trust When We Trust In Him For Everything, And Ask Him For Everything, And Recall His Precious Words, It Takes Care Of The Fowls Of The Air, How Much More Precious Are You, But To Really Know These Things, And SEE THE MOVE OF FAITH IN YOUR LIFE MY FRIENDS, WE MUST WALK BY FAITH ALONE, And Depend On NOTHING BUT CHRIST, And Sometimes Now This May Not Be For Everybody But To Know Him The Power Of His Love And What He Can do In Your Life, YOU MUST LET HIM, And Forget Yourself And Others, LET GO LET GOD, sometimes its like Driving Your Car With A Blind Fold On, BUT TRY HIM, Then You Will See, HE IS GOD, And This Why I Love Him, I Know He Knows Me Better, AND HE KNOWS WHAT IS DOING AT ALL TIMES, Even If I Dont Like It, THE LAW OF MAN AND RELIGON, Yes They Can Make It All Sound Good, Wonderfull Service :D But Ya See Jesus Taught Me TO LIVE IT , THE TRUTH BEFORE JESUS CHRIST HAD BEEN EVIDENTLY SET FOURTH AND Crucified amoung you this only would i learn of you Recived ye, the spirt BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW, OR BY HEARING OF FAITH ARE YE SO FOOLISH Still To This Day Amen!!! Having Begun in the spirt ARE YA MADE PERFECT BY the Flesh, i think not And Have Ya Not Suffered Many Things In Vain, THE SACRAFICE Was Not In Vain, HE THEREFORE THAT MINSTERED TO YA The Spirt And The Works Of Micrales Yes We Know,em All Well DID HE DO IT BY THE WORKS OF MAN, :rolleyes: Or By The Hearing Of Faith, At This Point And At The Last Of Days, HE CAN DO GREAT MIRCALES In Your Heart And In Your Soul, He Just Loves Everybody And I Love Him And Yet I Never Saw Him, GOD BLESS YA,

Light is Life
09-19-2004, 08:37 PM
Positiveness is what nourishes faith.
If you can't believe in positive things, you can't believe in light, and you can't believe in God how he truly is.
If you're not a positive person, you'll never be able to believe with all your heart that God loves you, that God understands you, that he cares about you all the time...

This is something so simple, and yet so hard for us, keeping everyone so far from having at least faith as a grain of mustard seed.

Reach the most positive thought you could ever think about yourself, and you've just reached the thought of God about you.

I have found in wisdom and poetry a great ally of faith.

creedsister
09-19-2004, 09:22 PM
Roses Die, Gold And Silver Are Mans Play Toys , money can buy everything, Except Ones Heart Love And Honor It Just Cant Be Done, Roses will Die Things Made Of Wood And Stone And Precious Gems Will Decay Heaven And Earth Shall Pass Away But His Words Shall Never Pass Away And We Find It overwhelming Blessing If We Have Written Up On Our Hearts Where It Shall Never Pass Away I Just had To Share :)

Sincirr
09-19-2004, 10:16 PM
Youre adorable :hugs:

creedsister
09-20-2004, 01:28 AM
:jam: :jam: :jam: you22222222222