Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
"Broken Wings" music video idea [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : "Broken Wings" music video idea

R U Ready?
09-06-2004, 05:25 PM
The video starts with a pitch black screen and the spotlight comes on Brian and Mark and alternates between them. At the :28 mark, the spotlight goes on the whole band with Brian and Mark playing and Myles and Flip standing and sitting solemnly. At the :42 mark, the camera zooms to Flip's cymbals as the song enters the 1st verse. The camera then goes to a scene of a war with one soldier as the main focus. The first shot of the soldier (who is a little bloody and dirty looking) is behind a fort of some sort in a dark shadow with his gun at the ready. The camera begins zooming out at the :43 mark and on to a field where soldiers lay dying or are already dead. At the :48 mark, the soldier realizes the dead soldiers and cringes in pain. He has a single tear roll down his cheek. At the 1:09 mark, he has flashbacks in his mind of the war with explosions, felow soldiers, and other crying people and debris. At the 1:28 mark, the camera goes to the band as they do the chorus. The whole chorus and section leading up to the 2nd verse has the band in a single spotlight with pitch black all around. Zooms on the members and instruments would be applied where wanted. At the 2:12 mark, Flip's cymbals finish and we go back to the same soldier in a graveyard. He is walking around having flashbacks of the people inscripted on the tombstones who died in the war. As he lightly touched the tombstones, he is crying slightly. At the 2:46 mark, when Myles sings "what you give...," the soldier's flashback is of something valuable that he is giving to his best frined as he is dying with total chaos going on around them. The 2nd chorus scene is the same as the 1st chorus, except it is about high noon and the scenery is beautiful, like it is on the right sides of the pictures in the album booklet. As the bridge starts (I gusss it's the bridge--the part when Myles begins singing "Set a free all..." at the 3:27 mark) the camera flashes to the soldier in the graveyard again as he continues his walk through the graveyard and comes upon an entire monument dedicated to the soldiers who died in the war he fought in. At the 3:47 mark, when Myles begins singing "memories...," the soldier falls to the ground with his back to the monument and he is now bawling. For the 3rd chorus, the camera flashes back to the same scene the band was in for the 2nd chorus, excerpt the sun is setting and everything is destroyed (for the colors, think Weathered booklet). The song ends with the camera on the soldier in tears for one last time as he gets up and leaves the graveyard. The song goes back one last time to the band at the 4:36 mark just as the sun sets.

Lighting for different scenes
0:00-pitch black
0:00-0:42-pitch black w/ spotlights
0:43-1:28-shadows
1:29-2:12-pitch black w/ spotlights
2:13-2:57-around dusk
2:58-3:27-high noon
3:28-3:53-dusk
3:54-4:23-dusk
4:24-4:35-just after dusk
4:36-5:06 (end)-dusk to pitch black

hayley
09-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Wow, that's pretty cool, nice idea! :clap:

But I think the soldier/war scene would confuse people and play on the meaning of the song. To me Broken Wings is about re-finding something that you have lost, and it is so close but you can't reach it. I know it is personal interpretation, and that sounds like a cool video idea, but maybe not for me. :D

I like your lighting ideas though. :D

R U Ready?
09-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I know what you're saying, it's more of personal interpretation, this is kinda what flowed out of me as I was coming up with the idea. This isn't even what I thought the song meant when I first heard it but I think it would be a cool video idea. Plus, people coulda got confused with the video for "Higher" because they mighta thought it was about heaven and the video interpretation would be a concert, but yeah, I know what you're saying. Thanks for the input. :cool:

hayley
09-06-2004, 10:28 PM
This isn't even what I thought the song meant when I first heard it but I think it would be a cool video idea.
Yeah it's not a bad video idea. :) If someone was to see the video about war and soldires, then read the lyrics, I think it would easily be interpreted as a song about war, because it does make sence. Personal interpretation is the main key. :D

Good point about the Higher video, by the way. I think music videos are an easy way of confusing what the song is actually about. This is just off the top of my head but take a easily read music video, like Jeremy by Pearl Jam. If someone was to watch and hear that song for the first time you would easily know what it was about, beacuse you see it happening in the video. Where as a confusing and weird video like Bullets by Creed for example, they wouldn't know what it's about and probably think it's about some cartoon that involves monsters with huge angel wings flying around. :laugh: My point is, some music videos are confusing. :eek:

Just my opinion, hah.

R U Ready?
09-07-2004, 09:37 PM
What is the Jeremy video for PJ?

hayley
09-08-2004, 02:01 AM
Well you know how the story behind the song is about the kid Jeremy who shot himself in front of his English class? The video basically sets up a scene with a very distressed child (obviously Jeremy), and throughout the song, you see images of him shouting, showing physical anger, getting his parents attention, kids making fun of him at school, etc.

Then at the end, you see him come into his English class with a gun behind his back, and as the song ends, he shoots himself. (You don't see it, but you know what's happening) And right at the end shots are taken of the children in his class covering their hands over their faces with blood from him on their shirts.

It's a really awesome video, and really captures the meaning of the song, even though the video isn't real, for me it personally put a whole new feeling into the song. :)

The Lithium
09-08-2004, 10:22 AM
The idea seems okay... Seems like it's "the band, tears, flashbacks, the band, tears, flashbacks, the band tears, flashbacks", etc, etc.

creedsister
09-08-2004, 12:08 PM
The idea seems okay... Seems like it's "the band, tears, flashbacks, the band, tears, flashbacks, the band tears, flashbacks", etc, etc.
When I Look at Eddie In That Video im like uh uh uh uh iis that Guy Like Dying Or Something No Its Like Art Dumb Ass HAAAAAAAAAAAAA I LIKE THAT IDEA Yes Yes IT RULES Go Big BUDGETTTTTTTTTT

The Lithium
09-08-2004, 02:34 PM
I LIKE THAT IDEA Yes Yes IT RULES Go Big BUDGETTTTTTTTTT
Whatever you say Sis!! :D

R U Ready?
09-08-2004, 08:13 PM

Well, actually the last flashback scene is at 2:46, but I know what you're saying.

Xterminator27
09-08-2004, 09:33 PM
That idea would be way to obvious to work

creedsister
09-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Whatever you say Sis!! :D But Of Course

The Lithium
09-10-2004, 01:46 PM
Well, actually the last flashback scene is at 2:46, but I know what you're saying.
I listened to the song and imagine your idea as a music video!! Worked out well!! :D

creedsister
09-10-2004, 02:33 PM
of course thats kinda like what i do, Its AWSOME!!!!!!!!!

R U Ready?
09-10-2004, 05:03 PM
What do you mean, too obvious X? (not mad, just wondering)

I'm glad you had a change of heart, Lith. I figured you had already imagined it when you gave your first comment. Plus, people could have differing opinions on this idea or any music video idea someone describes, cause it'll look the best in the mind of the person who came up with the idea, cause they have little details in their minds whereas someone who is trying to understand it might think it's crap LOL because they can't see what the creator sees in their mind.

creedsister
09-10-2004, 09:36 PM
well it makes No matter If people Dont Understand it , Just As Long As It Gets Re~Action And We An Artist Or Whoever Has An Idea Its Got A Come Out Through Music Video, or whatever Its Got A Flow, some people may hate it others may love it Take A Dare As Long As You Stay In The Love Or Hate It Catagorey You Do Fine,

RMadd
09-11-2004, 01:47 AM
wow, you certainly thought that through!

Sicky
09-11-2004, 05:05 PM
I like the way you change the scenes... but that soldier/war thing... don't really like that idea, I don't know why :wtf:

The Lithium
09-11-2004, 05:06 PM
Well, Broken Wings to me is not about war, but it works fine together. But this is just an idea by a fan, if they make a video of BW they sure won't do it this way

Sicky
09-11-2004, 05:38 PM
btw... I had an idea for a Metalingus video... at least the beginning of it... maybe I'll finish this idea and post it here someday (if my English's good enough to express the whole thing :rolleyes: )

The Lithium
09-11-2004, 06:18 PM
How did you imagine the beginning then?

Sure you're english is good enough, hey, I'm only 15!! :D

Sicky
09-12-2004, 08:03 AM
How did you imagine the beginning then?

Sure you're english is good enough, hey, I'm only 15!! :D

You're still older than me... about 45 days :D Well, I thought about the whole video and I don't think it's that great :( The few ideas I had might have been good, but it's difficult to create a complete thing on the same level. Here is my 1st complete version:

It starts with... (3 guesses) Flip. You can only see his hands/arms and the drums. Same with Mark when the guitar part starts (0:09), you can only see his guitar and his hands, the background is always plain white. When the whole thing kicks off (0:17) you can see the whole band without Myles in bright light on the flat roof of a building and hardly see the rest of the city because of the brightness.
When Myles starts singing (0:27) you see him in a similar white and bright scene, but there are no buildings, no city, it's just... white. He's on his knees and hands and his face points to the floor. ("I've been defeated and brought down).
You can see Mark's hands on his guitar.
He (Myles) clenches his fingers while singing "Dropped to my knees when hope ran out".
Mark's hands and guitar one again.
Then he (Myles) lifts up his head slowly while singing "The time has come to change my (at this moment he's looking straight into the cam) ways"
Now, before the chorus starts, Flip hammers 2x 4 times on the drums and the scences change very quickly. For the first two times you see Flip doing this, for the second two times you once see the left and once the rights part of Myles face with all that bright light on it and the white background. You see Flip hammering on his drums again for the 3rd two times, then you see both sides of Myles face again, but without the light shining on it and with a completely different background.
He's now in a more or less dark part of a city. He's still on his knees in the middle of a lane with the bright light on the one end. He stands up, looks to the bright part of that lane ("...and a broken dream"). He slightly shakes his head, turns around and walks towards the other end ("...Leave it all behind;1:14).
You can see Mark, Brian and Flip on the top of that building in the bright light, playing their instruments.
1:22 - Myles starts singing again. He's still walking away from the bright end of the lane, towards the other end. You see this light behind him, but he simply ignores it and looks straight into the cam (He sings in this part; he didn't do in the first chorus). Whenever he doesn't sing you can see Marks' hands on his guitar (same as in the 1st verse). Myles has just reached the end of the lane when the scene changes once again and you see Flip hammering on his drums. Then Myles finally walks out of that lane into a part of the city with thousands of people walking around. They are so many, he can hardly make his way through them. But he keeps walking and singing and when he sings "...to feel aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive. He's finally arrived in front of an old building... a big and high one. He enters while singing "aliiiiiive", then you can see the rest of the band on the bright roof of the bulding (yeah, it's the same one ;) ) About 2:42 you can see Myles again who now enters an old, small and dark elevator with a dirty mirror inside... there is a lamp inside that shines a weak, dark, orange light on him. He looks in the mirror when he starts singing the bridge (2:45), with a strange look on his face... like he's in awe or frightened. This look changes at 3:03 when he sings "Could you set me free". he looks angry now, raging and screams at his reflection in the mirror. After he has finished siging that second "freeeeeeeeee" you can see Flip's hands hammering on the drums once again, then the elevator stops and its doors open. All you see is brightness floating inside and Myles is walking/has walked straight into it while you hear "On this-" (The chorus is without instruments so far; 3:21).
When Myles sings "-day...I see clearly" the instruments start again. At this mark you can see the whole band on top of the building, the bright light shining on them. Myles is now standing in front of Mark, Brian and Flip with a mic and they perform the last chorus together. The camera zooms out and films the scene from above everytime Myles has finished singing one part of the chorus ("come to life"; "leave it all behind"; "come to life") so you can see the brightened roof of the building with the whole city under it before it's suddenly on the roof again. It doesn't zoom out when Myles sings "chance to feel aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive" for the last time. It's still on him/ the band then zooms in on Flip at 4:05 when his drum outro starts and zooms out on the whole building once again when he has finished.

END

omfg, I can't believe I just wrote the whole thing :rolleyes:

R U Ready?
09-13-2004, 08:12 PM
Not bad, man, sounds pretty good.

R U Ready?
09-14-2004, 08:48 PM
OK, today I was reading your idea and listening to it at the same time and it is even better. :)

Sicky
09-15-2004, 02:35 PM
Thx, cool you like it :smokin: I'm not sure about the end/the whole story... on the one hand it's pretty cool... but on the other hand I#ve got the feeling that i can do it better :D But I think I won't change it ;)