Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
New Stapp Story? [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : New Stapp Story?

RMadd
08-30-2004, 04:51 PM
Just saw this today while checking out the site of a local alt-rock station... posted this morning:
http://www.q1021.fm/html/
SCOTT STAPP SAYS HIS RELIGIOUS BELIEFS HELPED SPLIT UP CREED
The release of Passion Of The Christ: Songs tomorrow (Tuesday, August 31st) features Creed singer Scott Stapp's first solo recording, "Relearn Love," which is his most public expression of his spirituality. Stapp has talked about his upbringing in a strict Christian household, where his father was a lay religious leader, but he hasn't really spoken publicly about its role in his music. Now, however, Stapp told Q102 that the attention that's been paid to his spirituality didn't sit well with his bandmates, which led to Creed's breakup last year. "I was kind of, I think, screwing up their plan for sex, drugs, and rock-and-roll, because of kinda how people changed the way they approached the band, and, and how our fans did. And initially, it was something that they resented, and probably was a constant thread of resentment that ran through the band from the time we were in the public until we broke up."
Posted by Q102 on Monday, August 30 @ 08:36:33 CDT (0 reads)

RMadd
08-30-2004, 04:56 PM
and i just want to point out that i'm not in agreement w/ this or even if it's true... just sharing what i found

musiclover291
08-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the interview.

ctfan
08-30-2004, 08:27 PM
Just saw this today while checking out the site of a local alt-rock station... posted this morning:
http://www.q1021.fm/html/
SCOTT STAPP SAYS HIS RELIGIOUS BELIEFS HELPED SPLIT UP CREED
The release of Passion Of The Christ: Songs tomorrow (Tuesday, August 31st) features Creed singer Scott Stapp's first solo recording, "Relearn Love," which is his most public expression of his spirituality. Stapp has talked about his upbringing in a strict Christian household, where his father was a lay religious leader, but he hasn't really spoken publicly about its role in his music. Now, however, Stapp told Q102 that the attention that's been paid to his spirituality didn't sit well with his bandmates, which led to Creed's breakup last year. "I was kind of, I think, screwing up their plan for sex, drugs, and rock-and-roll, because of kinda how people changed the way they approached the band, and, and how our fans did. And initially, it was something that they resented, and probably was a constant thread of resentment that ran through the band from the time we were in the public until we broke up."
Posted by Q102 on Monday, August 30 @ 08:36:33 CDT (0 reads)

What a bucket of bullshit. :mad: I believe this about as much as I believe the freakin sky is green.

Kimvan
08-30-2004, 08:42 PM
Well, I don't think any one of us can claim to know anything more about either side of the story. Only the band members know what truly went on, and we can only go by what comes straight from them. We need to take what's in the media somewhat with a grain of salt, because it's been said that they've put a "spin" on what the band members actually say sometimes. Unless I see them on video or hear their actual voice saying something, I just kind of keep it on the back burner. :)

Sheila63
08-30-2004, 08:46 PM
Well said, Kim. :clap: :clap: I feel the same way.

Shadow
08-30-2004, 08:50 PM
Well, I don't think any one of us can claim to know anything more about either side of the story. Only the band members know what truly went on, and we can only go by what comes straight from them. We need to take what's in the media somewhat with a grain of salt, because it's been said that they've put a "spin" on what the band members actually say sometimes. Unless I see them on video or hear their actual voice saying something, I just kind of keep it on the back burner. :)
Well said Kim.

Whatever Scott said could have been taken out of context. I would love to know where that Q102 is from. I would like to know if they have that interview up on their web-site to listen to. I would like to hear him say that for myself. It just doesn't make sense.

Kimvan
08-30-2004, 08:57 PM
Well said Kim.

Whatever Scott said could have been taken out of context. I would love to know where that Q102 is from. I would like to know if they have that interview up on their web-site to listen to. I would like to hear him say that for myself. It just doesn't make sense.

I clicked on the link and they don't seem to have the interview to listen to. At the bottom of their home page it says they're in Springfield, MO.

Sheila63
08-30-2004, 09:13 PM
I would like to hear him say that for myself. It just doesn't make sense.

I'm with you, Robyn. It's totally contradictory to what he's been saying in all of the other interviews.

Shadow
08-30-2004, 09:21 PM
I clicked on the link and they don't seem to have the interview to listen to. At the bottom of their home page it says they're in Springfield, MO.
LOL Kim - I didn't even notice that link. I am going to try to email that station and get more information about this.

Jooji_2
08-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Hahahahahaha......hahahahah....omg....hahahaha. And Santa Claus, leprechauns and the Easter Bunny are REAL. Give me a break.

Tell me who did the interview, when it was done, and provide an audio of it. Then.....I might believe that Stapp uttered some of those words. Geez people, he has refused to speak ill of anyone for months, even now that he is actually talking....and you think he's gonna come up with something like this? Give the man some credit.

That sounds just like a Creed-hatin DJ wrote it......oooooh yeah....thanks for the laugh...hehe

farmgirl
08-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Hahahahahaha......hahahahah....omg....hahahaha. And Santa Claus, leprechauns and the Easter Bunny are REAL. Give me a break.

Tell me who did the interview, when it was done, and provide an audio of it. Then.....I might believe that Stapp uttered some of those words. Geez people, he has refused to speak ill of anyone for months, even now that he is actually talking....and you think he's gonna come up with something like this? Give the man some credit.

That sounds just like a Creed-hatin DJ wrote it......oooooh yeah....thanks for the laugh...hehe

Lol Jooji...I got a laugh out of this one too.

Agent D
08-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Yeah, I'm positive that was taken out of context. I assume we're supposed to assume that by "them" he's referring to Mark, Flip, and Bryan but I bet he's talking about the record label.

Ann Allusion
08-30-2004, 11:13 PM
This kind of crap will start now that he has a project coming out. The timing is uncanny, don't cha think? Sadly, once again, the media will play the fiddle and so many people will dance to the sour notes.

I have to wonder if he even knows this particular bunch of "words" is floating around. It would be nice to know what ORIGIONAL interview this was taken from...got a hunch that if it was in there it is TOTALLY out of context...real easy to change words around, done all the time to shorten interviews for time constraints.

Echelon Soldier
08-31-2004, 12:23 AM
I am sure it's a real interview but it's a crock of shit. What i hate most is someone that claims to be christian and then SWEARS, DRINKS , does drugs, and screws anything that is blonde with big boobs.

trust me. If anything ...the guy's hated the fact that everything about him was FAKE!

RMadd
08-31-2004, 12:47 AM
well, at least no one's villainizing me for posting this. like i said, i'm not sure if it's true. Q102 is just your average alt-rock station here in Springfield MO. And, admittedly, it has a sub-standard site. i've seen better ones. who knows what the real interview says. i wish they would post the text of the whole thing, to see how they arrived @ that conclusion. ironically, on the AB site, where i posted this, there's been a whopping 2 responses, and both dislike Stappo. I don't have much of a problem w/ him, but having read an article Matt (TremontiWanaB) posted on the AB forums, it would seem like he's over whatever happened. but, as has already been mentioned, who's gonna know what really happened other than the Scotts and Mark?

Dogstar
08-31-2004, 11:17 AM
What I find interesting is how quick some people were to denounce Mark in his initial interviews about the breakup for what he supposedly said, but yet Scott S. gets the benefit of the doubt. So, the media can twist Scott S.'s words but not Mark's. *rollseyes*

musiclover291
08-31-2004, 11:44 AM
What I find interesting is how quick some people were to denounce Mark in his initial interviews about the breakup for what he supposedly said, but yet Scott S. gets the benefit of the doubt. So, the media can twist Scott S.'s words but not Mark's. *rollseyes*

Great point.

Ann Allusion
08-31-2004, 12:15 PM
According to Michael, posted on another bb, Stapp phoned the interview into the station in Chicago?

Well, I have some questions, was this a scheduled interview...or just out of the blue?

How do they know it was Stapp they were speaking to?

Would like to hear/read the COMPLETE interview, I'm sure a LOT MORE was said than what was posted, for sure.

Sorry, but this particular information is bogus until proven otherwise. What was posted is totally out of character with all of his other interviews that have been given.

ETA: And even if it turns out to be true, so what, it's still related to what's going on between them, and is their business, right? not ours. (maybe this makes it a little clearer?) ;)

Shadow
08-31-2004, 12:58 PM
According to Michael, posted on another bb, Stapp phoned the interview into the station in Chicago?
How would Michael know? According to him, no one from the AB camp has talked to Scott since February.

Ann, can you please post that link where Michael said that. Thank you.

You know, now I'm a little angry, especially reading that Michael said it was Chicago. Now I really don't believe that whole article. I think someone is just trying to start trouble for Scott.

creedsister
08-31-2004, 02:00 PM
What I find interesting is how quick some people were to denounce Mark in his initial interviews about the breakup for what he supposedly said, but yet Scott S. gets the benefit of the doubt. So, the media can twist Scott S.'s words but not Mark's. *rollseyes* you know thats right morons :mad:

Gabriel
08-31-2004, 02:31 PM
How would Michael know? According to him, no one from the AB camp has talked to Scott since February.

You know, now I'm a little angry, especially reading that Michael said it was Chicago. Now I really don't believe that whole article. I think someone is just trying to start trouble for Scott.

He said it over the air in Chicago. I recieved 10 phone calls to that effect yesterday. Thats how I know. It was then put up on 94.7 the Zone's web site in print. Then it was given to other radio stations via newswire.

creedlvr
08-31-2004, 02:38 PM
The only thing I know is that Scott has said that in the beginning the rest of the band didn't like the "christian" label. That's why I think this is just taken out of context.

The difference between Mark's interview and this one is that in the Mark interview, we actually heard him saying some of it. This is not the case in this interview.

goddess_bb
08-31-2004, 03:07 PM
Why are we still beating this dead horse?? Let it go, it is done and really it is none of our business what happened between Scott and the others..isn't it time to move on and look foward then to keep looking at the past and what happened or didn't happen. Who cares??
Why not just be happy that they are now finding sucess to whatever degree apart and that they are still here in some form??

musiclover291
08-31-2004, 03:28 PM

Here we go again Michael is a big problem. Dogstar made a great point in regard to Mark and interviews and I was thinking to myself maybe some of the things Mark stated was taken out of context but then Michael always come in and starts divison. If Stapp said this Michael needs to stay out of it because this causes more divison and hatred. I agree with you it is out of character of what he has stated in other interviews I was thinking maybe things he stated were taken out of context and its funny how it was posted a day before the release of POC.

musiclover291
08-31-2004, 03:33 PM
He said it over the air in Chicago. I recieved 10 phone calls to that effect yesterday. Thats how I know. It was then put up on 94.7 the Zone's web site in print. Then it was given to other radio stations via newswire.

Michael don't you think it's best that you stay out of he said/she said it brings on to much divison and just let AB and Stapp give the public great music that we can enjoy.

farmgirl
08-31-2004, 03:38 PM
Michael don't you think it's best that you stay out of he said/she said it brings on to much divison and just let AB and Stapp give the public great music that we can enjoy.

EXACTLY!!! Well said. Family members should stay out of all the drama instead of fueling it.

Gabriel
08-31-2004, 03:48 PM

First of all, musiclover, I did not put his quote up on any boards. The fans did. It is not a he said/she said thing. He said it. Period. Caught in print and on audio. Secondly, if he goes out there and says something delusional like that for the world to see, and on the radio station in my hometown, I have every right to call that statement what it is. Absolutely laughable.

Bridge of Clay
08-31-2004, 03:54 PM
Yeah, I reckon Stapp shouldn't have said that... it makes him look bad, it made the others look bad. Big mess!

Michael, thanks for clearing it up, about the ideas on if it was taken out of context or not. You know that your contact with the Alter Bridge fans is really appreciated.

As for the others, just leave it. I'll ask Steve to close this thread before it goes worse.

musiclover291
08-31-2004, 03:55 PM
First of all, musiclover, I did not put his quote up on any boards. The fans did. It is not a he said/she said thing. He said it. Period. Caught in print and on audio. Secondly, if he goes out there and says something delusional like that for the world to see, and on the radio station in my hometown, I have every right to call that statement what it is. Absolutely laughable.

Michael could you please make the audio available for us at Creedfeed to listen to. I would love to hear the entire interview not a edited version since you feel so strongly about the matter.

Thanks!

RMadd
08-31-2004, 08:08 PM
wow... I feel special! 2 posts from Michael in "my" thread! But, on a serious note, that blurb I found on the Springfield station's site is taken from a phone interview w/ a Chicago station? ok. I guess it's sorta helpful to know that it actually happened, and to have a context into which to place all this.

Kimvan
08-31-2004, 09:22 PM
If Michael or anyone else can get an audio up on this interview so we can hear it, maybe we'd be able to tell if it's actually Stapp, or someone just pulling some stupid prank pretending to be him? Can't tell me that isn't a possibility; I find the timing uncanny (POTC release), and the fact that it supposedly comes from Chicago, the town where some "fans" sued...well, we don't need to re-open that can of worms...you get my point. Until we hear whether it's really Stapp's voice, it's all just more he said/she said trash, and I for one am sick of it. If it's proven to be him, then so be it. Everyone involved on both sides has said some not-so-great things at one time or another, and it's their problem, not ours anyway.

TeriB19
08-31-2004, 10:07 PM
Kim, you are right when you say it's their problem, not ours. I'm sick of the whole thing.
**walks out of thread shaking her head and wondering where that 'Close Thread' thingy is.

Shadow
08-31-2004, 10:09 PM
Thank you Kim {big hug}

goddess_bb
08-31-2004, 11:36 PM
Kim, you are right when you say it's their problem, not ours. I'm sick of the whole thing.
**walks out of thread shaking her head and wondering where that 'Close Thread' thingy is.

Exactly Teri...I repeat myself Let it go..no matter who said what it's not like it's going to change anything...

But I have to add...
geez guys how can you not expect Michael to stick up for his brother, that's what brothers do in any circumstances, right?? anyone...

DangerousDan85
09-01-2004, 12:55 AM
Until we hear whether it's really Stapp's voice, it's all just more he said/she said trash, and I for one am sick of it.

ditto

Echelon Soldier
09-01-2004, 09:46 AM
jeesh, thanks god he came back and said something to you idiots telling him to keep out of it.

Shadow
09-01-2004, 10:31 AM
Michael, you know as well as I do that those interviews can be taken apart and put together to make it sound one way or another. I can't imagine Chicago radio would want to be kind to Scott.

I'm finished discussing this. I'm sorry that there has to be constant drama and fans arguing with each other. It's just not right. The arguments started last November and have continued and at other places have gotten nasty.

Michael, your first priority is your brother, which it should be. I totally understand and respect that. However, in Scott's case it's always going to be a losing battle because there is nobody here "officially" to defend him. They might be lurking, but that doesn't help the situation.

Have a nice day!

TeriB19
09-01-2004, 11:04 AM
The arguments started last November and have continued and at other places have gotten nasty.

That is exactly why most people want to stay here at Creedfeed, because we aren't going to allow the discussions to get to the point they are at other boards. The members of this board have always been respectful of Steve's rules and there have been very few instances of people being as nasty to each other and to the band as there have on other boards. That's not going to change.

farmgirl
09-01-2004, 11:08 AM
I was about to mess someone up...

:rolleyes:

Echelon Soldier
09-01-2004, 11:22 AM
<<<<Echelon soldier.......Please refrain from this nonsense or take it somewhere else. This is the only warning you'll get.
-Teri>>>>

can you please edit the above post as well. thankyou. It's only fair. If you are going to mod then please be fair. We were BOTH hasty towards each other not just me. and just because it's a smilie it is still considered a lash back at me. . be fair.

Lucy
09-01-2004, 12:32 PM
That is exactly why most people want to stay here at Creedfeed, because we aren't going to allow the discussions to get to the point they are at other boards. The members of this board have always been respectful of Steve's rules and there have been very few instances of people being as nasty to each other and to the band as there have on other boards. That's not going to change.

In all honesty I have to say this is THE REASON that made me back :rolleyes:

Echelon Soldier
09-01-2004, 01:46 PM
and just for the record teri..when i said i was about to mess someone up i meant it as a joke. umm yeah...No need to get all huffed up over it. Some people take shit so seriosuly it's childish.

Shadow
09-01-2004, 02:26 PM
Teri, that is why I am here and at PBF and that's all. Thank you to Steve and to the mods who have kept CreedFeed what it is. :) . PBF is the same way - everyone is very respectful of each other - just the way it should be.

Dogstar
09-01-2004, 02:26 PM
Echelon soldier, I mistakenly took something out of one of your posts when I meant to quote it. Sorry about that, I'm still a little new on the mod thing...but what I was going to say, was to stop the name-calling. It's fine to disagree with people, but calling them names isn't really necessary.

Echelon Soldier
09-01-2004, 03:04 PM
ok sorry..i just don't like people who try and call micheal a liar in so many words cause he's far from it. . ;)

Bridge of Clay
09-01-2004, 03:39 PM
great! now let's join our hands and sing Inside Us All all along! ;)

TeriB19
09-01-2004, 08:05 PM
can you please edit the above post as well. thankyou. It's only fair. If you are going to mod then please be fair. We were BOTH hasty towards each other not just me. and just because it's a smilie it is still considered a lash back at me. . be fair.
A rolleyes smilie isn't really a lash, it's more like a look I'd be giving you. So no, I'm not editing that.

and just for the record teri..when i said i was about to mess someone up i meant it as a joke. umm yeah...No need to get all huffed up over it. Some people take shit so seriosuly it's childish.
While I understand that it was meant as a joke, there was no need to start naming people who you were going to 'mess up' because they disagree with you. If you don't like having your posts edited, in the words of Mark Tremonti, 'watch your words'.

hockeymom97
09-01-2004, 08:56 PM
If Michael or anyone else can get an audio up on this interview so we can hear it, maybe we'd be able to tell if it's actually Stapp, or someone just pulling some stupid prank pretending to be him? Can't tell me that isn't a possibility; I find the timing uncanny (POTC release), and the fact that it supposedly comes from Chicago, the town where some "fans" sued...well, we don't need to re-open that can of worms...you get my point. Until we hear whether it's really Stapp's voice, it's all just more he said/she said trash, and I for one am sick of it. If it's proven to be him, then so be it. Everyone involved on both sides has said some not-so-great things at one time or another, and it's their problem, not ours anyway.

I just want to clear one thing up. The LAWSUIT only took place in Chicago because that is where the event was held. The people that filed the lawsuit were from INDIANA. So please don't classify chicago as the fans that tried to sue the band.

Dogstar
09-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Kim didn't say the people who sued were from Chicago; she said THE TOWN where some fans sued.

Echelon Soldier
09-01-2004, 09:50 PM
A rolleyes smilie isn't really a lash, it's more like a look I'd be giving you. So no, I'm not editing that.

While I understand that it was meant as a joke, there was no need to start naming people who you were going to 'mess up' because they disagree with you. If you don't like having your posts edited, in the words of Mark Tremonti, 'watch your words'.

well , you're wrong...the smilie is a jab at me... just as if it were words, you need to understand what's fair.. and editing it would be the right thing to do. but this is too petty to keep going so i will just let you have your way. Have a great night.

TeriB19
09-01-2004, 10:58 PM
Thanks, I will.

Echelon Soldier
09-01-2004, 11:19 PM
:rolleyes:

:pukey:

TeriB19
09-01-2004, 11:31 PM
jeesh, thanks god he came back and said something to you idiots telling him to keep out of it.
The name calling is unnecessary and childish.

Some people take shit so seriosuly it's childish.
Let it go. I'm not deleting a smilie, so post all the vomiting smilies you want. You're the one now who's acting childish.

Mr.CreedFreakTN
09-02-2004, 12:24 AM
This is really sad for me to see. I can remember when their was never anything negative on this board, and now I see such a division on here it's sad. I know I'm going to get crap for this comment so here goes, it really isn't anyone's business about what Scott said or what Alter Bridge has said. They have decided to follow different paths and we all should just accept it and enjoy the music that both artist release, instead of this division among some here. I don't know why I bother posting it will always exist.Case in point , remember 911 afterwards the country came together in unity and were one for a brief moment, now it's back Democrat agaisn't Republican , and he said she said crap just complete division.

Dogstar
09-02-2004, 01:22 AM
I hear you, Mr. TN. It's sad and it really shouldn't be. As I've said before, I'm just glad they are still making music.

musiclover291
09-02-2004, 01:50 AM
This is really sad for me to see. I can remember when their was never anything negative on this board, and now I see such a division on here it's sad. I know I'm going to get crap for this comment so here goes, it really isn't anyone's business about what Scott said or what Alter Bridge has said. They have decided to follow different paths and we all should just accept it and enjoy the music that both artist release, instead of this division among some here. I don't know why I bother posting it will always exist.Case in point , remember 911 afterwards the country came together in unity and were one for a brief moment, now it's back Democrat agaisn't Republican , and he said she said crap just complete division.

You shouldn't get crap for your statement because it is very well stated I couldn't agree more. Thank you.

creedlvr
09-02-2004, 12:14 PM
When I first read that interview, I thought it sounded a bit strange compared to other interviews. After reading it again ... I really don't see what the big deal is. What did he say that was so wrong. He's basically talking about his upbringing (we know that's true). He goes on to talk about the intial tension about the Christian thing early on (he's said that on more than one occasion.). Then he says he thinks it was "probably" a continued point of tension.

Granted that he's making some assumptions that may not be true ... but he really didn't say anything that was so awful! .... IMO, of course.

Torn Signs
09-02-2004, 05:14 PM
When I first read that interview, I thought it sounded a bit strange compared to other interviews. After reading it again ... I really don't see what the big deal is. What did he say that was so wrong. He's basically talking about his upbringing (we know that's true). He goes on to talk about the intial tension about the Christian thing early on (he's said that on more than one occasion.). Then he says he thinks it was "probably" a continued point of tension.

Granted that he's making some assumptions that may not be true ... but he really didn't say anything that was so awful! .... IMO, of course.

Maybe it was the sex, drugs, and rock and roll part that got everyone off their chairs. But IA with you. What is the big deal? I read it and was like, yeah that could be true in a sense. Anyone can say that about rock and roll b/c humans created the stereotype of sex, drugs, and rock and roll in the first place. If someone uses a common analogy they use it. I don't find it in anyway too horrid. And if someone complains just complain at humanity b/c we made language and we are the ones doing the war against each other in this thread. This division won't stop. The September 11th thing is so true. We have AB now and Stapp now. Two different equations to get used to. And anything out of their mouths about the past is about the past and in no way should be used to discuss what kind of human souls they have now in their new projects. AB wants to be a new band not a Creed2 and Stapp wants to have peace and do his own solo thing w/o the hassle of others judging him. Forgive and forget not live and regret.
You all can't let it go? Then fine. I find no reason to even be under such arguments as they are repetitive loops that get nobody absolutely NO WHERE! People either liked the guitar, the spirituality, the voice, or something different in Creed. And that is completely DEAD now. So ppl shoudln't argue over what can't happen again or what may not happen for a LONG time b/c then they're still in the past. Ths was my two cents and my official leave of "posting" on this board :wtf: since I found this topic still oddly opened for posting and extremely cold.

TeriB19
09-02-2004, 06:21 PM
Well said Torn Signs. Thread is dead.