Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
'One Day Remains' Debuts at #5 [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : 'One Day Remains' Debuts at #5

Pipster
08-21-2004, 01:41 PM
This is awesome. For the first week of release, ODR is at #5. http://www.billboard.com/bb/charts/bb200.jsp

Shadow
08-21-2004, 02:07 PM
I think it only sold about 95,000 copies. Weren't they originally predicting 500,000 or something like that. :dunno:

musiclover291
08-21-2004, 02:23 PM
I think it only sold about 95,000 copies. Weren't they originally predicting 500,000 or something like that. :dunno:
I read on the VH1 BB that they predicted 120,000 -150,000.

ctfan
08-21-2004, 05:26 PM

I think 500,000 is the number of cd's that were shipped.

Riffman544
08-21-2004, 05:46 PM
Lets face it....Society likes shit music.....I MEAN DID YOU SEE THE FIRST PLACE? IT WAS FRIGGIN ASHLEE SIMPSON......thumbs up to her and her fans. :horseshit People have lost thier sense of art and poetry.

Bridge of Clay
08-21-2004, 09:39 PM
Wind-up shipped 750,000 copies, making of ODR a gold record. I've never seen that sales forecast before. Where on Vh1? just curious!

musiclover291
08-21-2004, 11:21 PM
Wind-up shipped 750,000 copies, making of ODR a gold record. I've never seen that sales forecast before. Where on Vh1? just curious!

I meant that I read on the Alter bridge fan board some of the fans said that sales forecast was 120,000 to 150,000.

Dogstar
08-21-2004, 11:26 PM
It's a pretty good amount given that they haven't toured yet. They will get more sales once people start going to the shows.

RMadd
08-21-2004, 11:53 PM
how many did Weathered sell in its first week?

Bridge of Clay
08-21-2004, 11:59 PM
Weathered debuted at #1 and it held the first position for 8 consecutive weeks!!! It's the Billboard's record for most consecutive weeks in first (for albums that debut on top)!!! (tied with the beatles)

RMadd
08-22-2004, 12:00 AM
yeah, i remember that
didn't it sell something like 120k on the first day alone, or was that the first week? i can't remember... that was oh so long ago

musiclover291
08-22-2004, 02:16 AM
yeah, i remember that
didn't it sell something like 120k on the first day alone, or was that the first week? i can't remember... that was oh so long ago

120K first day alone

musiclover291
08-22-2004, 02:20 AM
It's a pretty good amount given that they haven't toured yet. They will get more sales once people start going to the shows.

Is that good or not because other new artist who don't have the name recognition have debuted with higher sales. I thought they would sale at least 150,000 -250,000 the first week I was really surprise I thought there sales would have been higher than 95,000 the first week especially with all of the positive feedback from VH1 they were promoting them non stop.

aussiecreeder
08-22-2004, 02:49 AM
weathered sold so well because of my sacrifice and anything could have backed up human clay and sold millions. not bad sales and once they start touring it will certainly start picking up. if it can be 3 times platnium within 12 months that wouldn't be too bad at all.

Shadow
08-22-2004, 07:28 AM
how many did Weathered sell in its first week?
Weathered sold 900,000 its first week. I believe it stayed at number one for eight weeks.

They will sell more, but never as much as the first week (within a one week period). I don't think it's impressive at all - considering all the hype that was surrounding it and how we were told how amazing it is. And considering the millions and millions of records that Creed sold.

If they don't want to be associated with Creed, then they shouldn't have had 'CREED' in large print on the label and 'along with new lead singer Myles Kennedy' in small print. WU obviously wants to use the Creed name to sell records.

if it can be 3 times platnium within 12 months that wouldn't be too bad at all.
I don't think it will do that well. JMO

Bridge of Clay
08-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Hard Rock albums never sell as good as radio friendly albums. Weathered had a wider range of potential buyers. Besides, it hit shelves near Christmas.

And when you hear "Alter Bridge" many people think it's a new weird band and don't even know Creed broke up and 3/4 got together on it. I think its sales will progress as they release new singles and get known. Let's face it, AB is famous among internet communities, not on the real world, Yet. They'll get there.

I'mRational
08-22-2004, 01:07 PM
I don't think we should be so worried with sales. Sales isn't correlated with the quality of music.

Kimvan
08-22-2004, 01:32 PM
Weathered sold 900,000 its first week. I believe it stayed at number one for eight weeks.

They will sell more, but never as much as the first week (within a one week period). I don't think it's impressive at all - considering all the hype that was surrounding it and how we were told how amazing it is. And considering the millions and millions of records that Creed sold.

If they don't want to be associated with Creed, then they shouldn't have had 'CREED' in large print on the label and 'along with new lead singer Myles Kennedy' in small print. WU obviously wants to use the Creed name to sell records.

I don't think it will do that well. JMO
They actually had that on the label?? :wtf: Ugh, that's low!! :mad1: Windup's gonna milk the Creed name for all it's worth.

Dogstar
08-22-2004, 01:36 PM
I don't see why it's low. I'm sure Scott's album will say something like, founding member of Creed. Jerry Cantrell's solo stuff mentioned his being a founding member of Alice In Chains. I think it's natural to cite what made a lot of money for the artist. Name recognition isn't such a bad thing. A lot of people only pay attention to the lead singer's name.

musiclover291
08-22-2004, 01:47 PM
I don't see why it's low. I'm sure Scott's album will say something like, founding member of Creed. Jerry Cantrell's solo stuff mentioned his being a founding member of Alice In Chains. I think it's natural to cite what made a lot of money for the artist. Name recognition isn't such a bad thing. A lot of people only pay attention to the lead singer's name.

That's why I'm puzzled why AB didn't have higher sales than just $95,000.

Dogstar
08-22-2004, 01:50 PM
I'm not. As I said, a lot of people pay attention only to the singer, so the Creed members without the singer don't appeal to a lot of people, even with the supposed hatred for Scott Stapp. The same thing happened with Jerry Cantrell, even though the albums he has put out have gotten a lot of critical acclaim. The numbers just aren't there, which is a shame, because it's really good music. Same with Alter Bridge. I really think they did quite well considering.

musiclover291
08-22-2004, 02:52 PM
I'm not. As I said, a lot of people pay attention only to the singer, so the Creed members without the singer don't appeal to a lot of people, even with the supposed hatred for Scott Stapp. The same thing happened with Jerry Cantrell, even though the albums he has put out have gotten a lot of critical acclaim. The numbers just aren't there, which is a shame, because it's really good music. Same with Alter Bridge. I really think they did quite well considering.

Good point. Thanks

Shadow
08-22-2004, 04:37 PM
Let's face it, AB is famous among internet communities, not on the real world, Yet. They'll get there.
I don't know Marcos. They need the big markets to back them up. I'm in a big radio market (New York) and they are not being played here. I often check the radio stations playlists and AB has not been added here.

I'm sure Scott's album will say something like, founding member of Creed.
On the POTC cd, they are just using Scott's name on the front, no reference to Creed. Here's the link to see the cover of the POTC cd:
POTC cover (http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002L582M.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg)

The Lithium
08-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Thanks Robyn!! I'm dying to hear P.O.D.'s track, Stapp said it rocked his!! :D I love really liks his track!!

Anyway, AB is doing incredibly good for a debut!! :eek:

Kimvan
08-22-2004, 05:17 PM

OK, but all along, AB, especially Mark, has said they're putting their past behind them, that AB "isn't Creed minus Stapp", etc., and then they go and put that on the label? Seems pretty hypocritical, IMO. If they wanted to break free of that, they shouldn't have put that on the label, just my humble opinion. :)

Dogstar
08-22-2004, 05:30 PM
I'm sure it was a label decision anyway. I would be surprised if Scott doesn't have it on his CD as well. It's a marketing thing. I don't find it hypocritcal at all, IMHO :D.

musiclover291
08-22-2004, 06:25 PM
OK, but all along, AB, especially Mark, has said they're putting their past behind them, that AB "isn't Creed minus Stapp", etc., and then they go and put that on the label? Seems pretty hypocritical, IMO. If they wanted to break free of that, they shouldn't have put that on the label, just my humble opinion. :)

I agree. AB has to have some say in the marketing I would think.

musiclover291
08-22-2004, 06:28 PM
I don't know Marcos. They need the big markets to back them up. I'm in a big radio market (New York) and they are not being played here. I often check the radio stations playlists and AB has not been added here.

On the POTC cd, they are just using Scott's name on the front, no reference to Creed. Here's the link to see the cover of the POTC cd:
POTC cover (http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002L582M.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg)

I think that Stapp has alot say in the way WU markets him I think he is trying to distance himself from Creed to establish himself as a solo artist.

Bridge of Clay
08-22-2004, 07:00 PM
it's different... so many people hate Stapp that he's way more known than Mark, Brian and Flip put together.

Shadow
08-22-2004, 08:10 PM
it's different... so many people hate Stapp that he's way more known than Mark, Brian and Flip put together.
I really, really don't like when that is said (and this is not pointing a finger at you Marcos, just in general). "Hate" is such a strong word. How can anyone "hate" someone they don't even know.

I think he's known more because he was Creed's frontman.

Dogstar
08-22-2004, 08:11 PM
Frontmen are always known more, but the people I know who did not like him had very strong words about it, among them hate. Sad, but true.

Shadow
08-22-2004, 08:18 PM
Thanks Robyn!! I'm dying to hear P.O.D.'s track, Stapp said it rocked his!! :D I love really liks his track!!
Yeah, Scott said POD's song "blows his away". I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Bridge of Clay
08-22-2004, 09:43 PM
I really, really don't like when that is said (and this is not pointing a finger at you Marcos, just in general). "Hate" is such a strong word. How can anyone "hate" someone they don't even know.

I think he's known more because he was Creed's frontman.

Ok, so many people DISLIKE Stapp that...

but if you saw other people's comments in places that aren't Creed related, everybody disses Stapp... the press only gave him bad publicity since Creed popped up... I also think it's unfair that he's treated this way, but unfortunately, it's the truth.

Whenever you say Creed, people will say "the band from the guy with Jesus pose" and etc... so they know who Stapp is...

even on that O'Reilly factor (I think!) about the Chicago concert, the guys pick on Mark... "were you standing there all the time?" coz outside the guitarists communities, nobody knows who Tremonti is...

And again, that's unfair.

Bridge of Clay
08-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Get your first preview of the album
click here to listen to "Relearn Love" by Scott Stapp

This powerful song is the first new music in three years from the former Creed lead singer.

;)

Dogstar
08-22-2004, 10:01 PM
:D

Shadow
08-23-2004, 07:00 AM
Ok, so many people DISLIKE Stapp that...

but if you saw other people's comments in places that aren't Creed related, everybody disses Stapp... the press only gave him bad publicity since Creed popped up... I also think it's unfair that he's treated this way, but unfortunately, it's the truth.
hmmmmm.....sure is funny that people dislike him but they spend time talking about him. Well, millions and millions of records were sold, a grammy, a billboard music award, a VH1 award (that's all I can think of quickly) prove otherwise. If Scott is disliked so much and he's gained this much success - well then, I hope he is disliked even more during his solo career.

Let people say what they want about Scott, it won't change how I feel. I will always support him.

The Lithium
08-23-2004, 09:29 AM
Yeah, Scott said POD's song "blows his away". I'm looking forward to hearing it.
Exactly!! And if that is ture, that song will REAAAAALLY rock!! :jam:

Bridge of Clay
08-23-2004, 09:54 AM
You can hear Truly Amazing on the e-card on www.passionsongs.com

Sounds good, although it sounds just like every other POD song. I really liked the track from Big Dismal.