Home | Home | Home | Home | Home
Scott on VH1 [Archive] - CreedFeed Community

PDA

View Full Version : Scott on VH1

Shadow
08-12-2004, 12:20 PM
VH1 had a clip of Scott. I took the time and transcribed it for those who might not get to see it on VH1.

He looked very relaxed and peaceful in the clip. I thought he looked very good.

VH1: Former Creed frontman Scott Stapp is kicking off his solo career, but he's still smarting over the demise of his band, one of the best selling acts of the ‘90's.

Scott: I feel like I just had my second divorce over the last seven years. It hurts. I mean - I miss - Mark was a muse to me. I loved his guitar playing. Scott Phillips was a muse to me. I loved his drumming.

VH1: During the last few months of Creed's existence, Stapp says he was uncommunicative, particularly due to prescription drugs he was taking for a variety of health problems. Including, pneumonia, bronchitis and injuries suffered in a 2002* car accident. (Note: VH1 said 2001)

Scott: Having a whacked out singer on prednisone, living in a tour bus and only coming out for a show is probably something they don't miss, you know, because they didn't understand. And that's my fault for not communicating and sharing with them everything that was going on with me and trying to bring them into my life. I was trying to be strong.

VH1: Stapp is planning on debuting his first 2 solo tracks on the upcoming album Passion of the Christ Songs, due out August 31, with a full length album due out later this year.

Riffman544
08-12-2004, 02:14 PM
Well its great to know He misses Tru and Flip. I think he likes doing a solo record becuase it is at a pace he can control really.

aussiecreeder
08-12-2004, 09:43 PM
first two tracks? sweet......:)

farmgirl
08-12-2004, 11:15 PM
first two tracks? sweet......:)

I noticed that too. :) I haven't heard anything anywhere about a second song on their but maybe it's like a bonus song or a hidden track? :smokin:

Dogstar
08-12-2004, 11:26 PM
No offense to those who like Relearn Love, but I hope the second one is better :D.

mriamboring
08-13-2004, 08:06 AM
I think Relearn Love is amazing, from what I've heard of it anyway. The lyrics are a bit... of a parody of himself, which may seem like a stupid thing to say but I think maybe he tried too hard with them. But the music and the happiness... oo lordy miss maudie

Shadow
08-13-2004, 08:17 AM
The lyrics are a bit... of a parody of himself, which may seem like a stupid thing to say but I think maybe he tried too hard with them.
I don't know if you have been following Scott or not. But, these lyrics are coming from this heart. **I've been weathered and I've been broken**. He had one hell of a time over the past year and a half. Relearn Love is a reflection on that. It was also a song he started to write to his son. He opened up so much of himself writing those lyrics and letting the world see them.

Higher_Desire
08-13-2004, 12:57 PM
I like that Scott is finally talking openly about all that's happend in the last few months and what led to the demise of Creed. I remember that when they first started talking to Alter Bridge about the break up, the people doing the interview said they they either couldn't get ahold of Stapp, or he declined the interview. All that Scott's said about it so far, it really sheds new light on the subject.

H-D :pimp:

DangerousDan85
08-13-2004, 01:02 PM
i was able to record the clip this morning

Bridge of Clay
08-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Relearn Love is kinda cheesy, but I do like its lyrics... Don't care for the guitar lines, though.

creedsister
08-13-2004, 01:12 PM
I don't know if you have been following Scott or not. But, these lyrics are coming from this heart. **I've been weathered and I've been broken**. He had one hell of a time over the past year and a half. Relearn Love is a reflection on that. It was also a song he started to write to his son. He opened up so much of himself writing those lyrics and letting the world see them. THANK YOU :jam:

Higher_Desire
08-13-2004, 01:20 PM
i was able to record the clip this morning
And you're going to rip it and share it with us all, right?

Agent D
08-13-2004, 02:06 PM
No offense to those who like Relearn Love, but I hope the second one is better :D.

Same here, Dogstar.

DangerousDan85
08-13-2004, 05:26 PM
And you're going to rip it and share it with us all, right?

i don't have that kind of technology

Joge78
08-25-2004, 12:35 AM
I think the song Relearn Love is an awesome song and Scott has an amazing voice. Just my opinion but Scott's voice made Creed what they are or were today... :mad1:

The Lithium
08-27-2004, 05:07 AM
Relearn Love is kinda cheesy, but I do like its lyrics... Don't care for the guitar lines, though.
I think its lyrics is the "less good" lyrics Scott has every written.

I think the song Relearn Love is an awesome song and Scott has an amazing voice. Just my opinion but Scott's voice made Creed what they are or were today... :mad1:
Yeah right, so the fact that Mark wrote the songs and pretty many lyrics is not that important? They all made Creed, and now 3 of the guys, PLUS Myles are making Alter Bridge!!

Yeah, Relearn Love is good, but it's not close to be as good as ALTER BRIDGE

JenRN
08-29-2004, 06:19 PM
Being a nurse I know what prednisone can do to you..... it sucks. I am glad to see him out there, looking healthy and happy. I can understand the comment about the second divorce, sad really. He has perservered as usual..... what a guy! Love the song, can't wait to hear more, the voice comforts me :)

The Lithium
08-30-2004, 11:39 AM
the voice comforts me :)
...I sing tonight, 'cause it comforts me!! :D

creedsister
08-30-2004, 05:07 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: well it should :D

Shadow
08-30-2004, 09:09 PM
Being a nurse I know what prednisone can do to you..... it sucks.
Jen, so what you are saying - prednisone really can mess somebody up? So what Scott went through really was how he described in some of his interviews? That poor man. I don't have any knowledge of prednisone whatsoever.

devils_here
09-02-2004, 01:33 PM
I know prednisone is not good long term. My son has to take it probably 1-2 times a year for asthma and they won't let him stay on it longer than 10 days and you still have to tapper off of it.

Anyway I love the way he is looking and sounding. But ya know to each his own!!! ;)

JenRN
09-02-2004, 10:11 PM
Jen, so what you are saying - prednisone really can mess somebody up? So what Scott went through really was how he described in some of his interviews? That poor man. I don't have any knowledge of prednisone whatsoever.
Long term prednisone can cause all kinds of problems. It causes weight gain, mood swings, anxiety, and many horrible other things. I have seen people on it for chronic illness and they end up with horrible "thin skin" bruising, lethargy and many other crappy symptoms. Even Jane Pauley from NBC did an interview and long term steriod not only made her gain weight but she ended up suffering bipolar symptoms, now that sucks! I was on it short term following a miscarraige I had, it made my face all puffy, could not wait to come off of it and that was only for a short time ( thank god). So yeah, what he went through is real and it is unfortunate that people are not more understanding of how awful it can be. :(

Bridge of Clay
09-02-2004, 11:25 PM
geez, that's awful. Poor Scott. I honestly don't wish it to anybody.

Shadow
09-03-2004, 12:30 AM
So yeah, what he went through is real and it is unfortunate that people are not more understanding of how awful it can be. :(
Thanks Jen I appreciate the information.

At one time I had very bad allergic reactions to all diary products, which brought about asthma-like symptoms. I was prescribed steriods at one point and I remember being afraid to take them because of the stories I had heard. But, I guess I never *really* knew what they could do to you physically and mentally.

creedsister
09-03-2004, 12:41 AM
geez, that's awful. Poor Scott. I honestly don't wish it to anybody.
I Could Think Of A Few :D

Bridge of Clay
09-03-2004, 08:45 AM
I Could Think Of A Few :D
Take that back.

creedsister
09-03-2004, 09:38 AM
Why